Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='Indifference']Why don't we plan something for early April at Crab Town? Darker, BigRob and MCalvert have been there. They have some arcade games and decent food. I assume we'd have less concern about space. I'm free on the 23rd in case there's a chance for a quick turn around for this meetup.[/QUOTE]
I've been going to Crab Town for years and know it pretty well.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I have two anime conventions to go to in March, while I have none in April.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of dave and busters at rockville, md in April.

Is that cool for everyone?

Please let me know.

[quote name='The Punisher']I was thinking of dave and busters at rockville, md in April.

Is that cool for everyone?

Please let me know.[/QUOTE]

April sounds good, and I wouldn't mind the one in Arundel Mills either.

Just reading this thread reminds me of the first DC CAG meetup. I remember organizing it and talking to Goozex about coming out. We would walk out into the parking lot at D&B in White Flint to trade and sell our games. What year was that? I think I still have the banner that was made for the meetup. I remember I was so stoked when Cheapy gave us his blessing for the meetup and posted something about it on the front page of CAG. Ah, the memories. I am going to have to make it out to a meetup one of these days. I will bring Cleaver with me (who might be getting married soon).

Maybe we can have an old-timers reunion. Lurk has expressed interest in seeing the group again as well.

MjC

[quote name='thebob101']Just reading this thread reminds me of the first DC CAG meetup. I remember organizing it and talking to Goozex about coming out. We would walk out into the parking lot at D&B in White Flint to trade and sell our games. What year was that? I think I still have the banner that was made for the meetup. I remember I was so stoked when Cheapy gave us his blessing for the meetup and posted something about it on the front page of CAG. Ah, the memories. I am going to have to make it out to a meetup one of these days. I will bring Cleaver with me (who might be getting married soon).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='s0undwav3']You might want to try your local craigslist for letting some of your stuff go. You might have better luck. I used to try and sell stuff off of here and it would take forever for offers to come through. If you can't wait that long, then ebay is your friend.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, another Arlingtonian. I have more comp for the CAG deals, this place is small enough.

[quote name='The Great BM']April sounds good, and I wouldn't mind the one in Arundel Mills either.[/QUOTE]

So when in April? Can everyone let me know of a good time and date?

It will be my first time and would like to meet fellow CAG gamers.

Here is the info. so far

White Flint Mall, MD Dave and Buster
DATE AND TIME: April, MAY, JUNE ????? ( need to know the best time for everyone)

I never done this before and heard someone here did it so some help hosting it be nice.

That's about 30 minutes from me in Laurel. I'd love to make it out to this. Any chance we can make it the first weekend in April? Perhaps April 6?

I'm in the Air Force and have to fly down to Florida for a two-month training course. :/

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']That's about 30 minutes from me in Laurel. I'd love to make it out to this. Any chance we can make it the first weekend in April? Perhaps April 6?

I'm in the Air Force and have to fly down to Florida for a two-month training course. :/[/QUOTE]

So what do u do?

Anyway, April, May, June sounds good. Dave and Busters at White Flint Mall in Rockville , MD. I just need a head count of how many people. Also, do people here bring stuff to sell/trade? I don't care as long as we get to know one another and have fun.

I'm the managing editor of Airman magazine, the Air Force's official magazine.

However, now that sequestration has kicked in, I'm not sure if my training is still gonna happen. I hope it won't, and if not, I'll be good any time in April.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I'm the managing editor of Airman magazine, the Air Force's official magazine.

However, now that sequestration has kicked in, I'm not sure if my training is still gonna happen. I hope it won't, and if not, I'll be good any time in April.[/QUOTE]

Cool.
Looking forward to meeting follow CAG

I might be able to do April 6 if we do Arundel Mills area. For White Flint, it would have to be another day for me to be available.

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']I might be able to do April 6 if we do Arundel Mills area. For White Flint, it would have to be another day for me to be available.

MjC[/QUOTE]

I have the end of march 31 off. Most likely I wont be able to take off
April 6. I havent heard of anyone else besides the two posts.
I was thinking maybe end of April or May since May seems like there is nothing going on.

Since this isn't really going anywhere. Here's a great event in the area that not only can we do a meet up at, but should people's families want to attend, they can as well. Not exactly a gaming event, but something fun to do together if people are interested.

Saturday, April 13th is the Sakura Matsuri, which is a Japanese Street Festival down in D.C. for the Cherry Blossoms each year. The Cherry Blossoms will probably already be gone by this date, as they usually are unfortunately.

They also have an Anime/JPop area with music performances, sometimes games, and other activities that are more suited for the geeky crowd :D

It costs $5 to get in and begins at 10:30am. Prior to this is a parade starting at 10am.

Get there early so you can be assured you will be able to get some great food, beer and more. I have gone every year since 2005 and it has always been fun. :D

Here is a link to the site: http://www.sakuramatsuri.org/

[quote name='G-Nitro']Since this isn't really going anywhere. Here's a great event in the area that not only can we do a meet up at, but should people's families want to attend, they can as well. Not exactly a gaming event, but something fun to do together if people are interested.

Saturday, April 13th is the Sakura Matsuri, which is a Japanese Street Festival down in D.C. for the Cherry Blossoms each year. The Cherry Blossoms will probably already be gone by this date, as they usually are unfortunately.

They also have an Anime/JPop area with music performances, sometimes games, and other activities that are more suited for the geeky crowd :D

It costs $5 to get in and begins at 10:30am. Prior to this is a parade starting at 10am.

Get there early so you can be assured you will be able to get some great food, beer and more. I have gone every year since 2005 and it has always been fun. :D

Here is a link to the site: http://www.sakuramatsuri.org/[/QUOTE]

I could consider it. Anyone carpooling? Im in rockville, md

[quote name='G-Nitro']Since this isn't really going anywhere. Here's a great event in the area that not only can we do a meet up at, but should people's families want to attend, they can as well. Not exactly a gaming event, but something fun to do together if people are interested.

Here is a link to the site: http://www.sakuramatsuri.org/[/QUOTE]

That's perfect, actually. I'll most likely be there.

BTW, I'll carpool with anyone in the columbia area down to the Greenbelt metro, but I'll be taking the metro from there to Fed Triangle stop

If anyone in Northern VA's looking to buy a Wii U, the Kmart on Jermantown Road, Fairfax, is closing, and had a couple of deluxe models for 20% off. Not much left in terms of games.

[quote name='nuttyturnip']If anyone in Northern VA's looking to buy a Wii U, the Kmart on Jermantown Road, Fairfax, is closing, and had a couple of deluxe models for 20% off. Not much left in terms of games.[/QUOTE]

Did they have any 3ds xls marked down? :3ds:

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Sakura Matsuri was so much fun. I enjoyed it and many loved my cosplay[/QUOTE]

Everyone loved your Disney character

[quote name='GenDV138']Everyone loved your Disney character[/QUOTE]Only ONE person called it a Disney character. I got called a badass and most knew I was Tsuna at least.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Anyone here plan on going to Too Many Games in Mid-June in Oaks, PA?[/QUOTE]

Definitely! Tiny and I have our Final Boss passes already! Will we see you there?

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']Definitely! Tiny and I have our Final Boss passes already! Will we see you there?

MjC[/QUOTE]

Yep, bought a ticket for Saturday. That's probably all I'll be able to attend, sadly.

Another reminder for those interested.  Video Games Live is this saturday at Wolf Trap.  I recommend buying lawn tickets in advance.  The first year I attended, lawn seats were sold out at the door and I needed to purchase a more expensive ticket to get in.  It's cheaper to just pay the TM fees.

Here's the link:

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=WOLF_TRAP&pid=7373071

Also, for those who forgot or didn't know:

Can I bring my own food and drinks?

Yes. Patrons are permitted to bring in food and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in any type container except kegs. Patrons cannot bring any food or drink into the seated area except bottled water, but can eat and drink in picnic areas and on the lawn.

I got a ticket 2 months ago.  I'll be there.  If it doesn't rain, I'll be in my favorite cosplay or Roxas.  I'll mostly be hanging around my con friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back