Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

Meet-up once more. Its about time.

I am pretty free most weekends in October, but probably would be best on October 16th, since the weekend previous to that is long and I might take a little trip (although nothing planned yet). Either way, I am game for some chatting / trading with ya'll.

On another note, I just bought my ticket to PAX East. Who's going?

[quote name='nightmare452']Meet-up once more. Its about time.

I am pretty free most weekends in October, but probably would be best on October 16th, since the weekend previous to that is long and I might take a little trip (although nothing planned yet). Either way, I am game for some chatting / trading with ya'll.

On another note, I just bought my ticket to PAX East. Who's going?[/QUOTE]If I'm still living on the East Coast, chances of me going are over 50% this time.

One day, one of these meetups is going to be on the VA side of the river. I've only been to one, but would like to go to another. 10/30 is definitely out for me though. 1) Too many weirdos would be out due to Halloween being that weekend. 2) (And much more importantly) That's the day of my sons' two-year old birthday party. I'd catch hell if I missed it ;).

Some of ya'll already met me before, but it seems like the greatly majority haven't. Unless I have family coming in, I'll make sure ANY day works out for a CAG meet-up (I make them priority, even working OT).

I'm good for the 23rd or 30th. nightmare, we need to hook up so I can get my Tali poster xD Seems tough to find time for us both to be free to do so

[quote name='G-Nitro']I'm good for the 23rd or 30th. nightmare, we need to hook up so I can get my Tali poster xD Seems tough to find time for us both to be free to do so[/QUOTE]

Yes, I still owe ya the poster. I should have gotten one for myself in retrospect, its quite awesome.

I will definitely make time no matter the date we choose. This one should be at Arundell Mills since we always switch between the two.

The only issue I have with the Arundel Mills Dave & Busters is lack of large table for us all. Outside of that, I barely mind since I'm closer to Arundel Mills anyway.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The only issue I have with the Arundel Mills Dave & Busters is lack of large table for us all. Outside of that, I barely mind since I'm closer to Arundel Mills anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Arundell Mills is always a pain to find a table, let alone parking close by for all of us on a Saturday. We will see, I don't mind either way.

So it looks like either the 16th or the 23rd.

Going to need some final input. If it turns out to be the 16th, I am going to need someone to take the lead, since that is the same day as the ExtraLife Marathon.

Will need a response by the 6th on which day, the 16th or the 23rd?

I can do whichever. If it's the 23rd, I might run into a problem with guests wanting to visit, but I can do whatever it takes to push the back or up.

If we run into problem now, take a look at the calendar for early November.

Both dates are extremely difficult for me, but I think the 23rd is marginally better. If the final tally ends up tied for the dates, then forget I said anything.

No final say? Is it the 16 or 23rd or later?

Which is it ya'll? My gf is out on the weekend of the 16 most likely, so I am gonna be free, but I'm free anyway on the 23 for this meetup so I don't care much.

[quote name='nightmare452']No final say? Is it the 16 or 23rd or later?

Which is it ya'll? My gf is out on the weekend of the 16 most likely, so I am gonna be free, but I'm free anyway on the 23 for this meetup so I don't care much.[/QUOTE]

Someone needs to decide. So how's the 16th at 3pm?

BTW I registered for Pax East.

I am no longer available on the 16th, and my sister's birthday is the 23rd. I'll have to see if she wants to do something that night, in which case it might work out for me that afternoon. So I'm tentatively available for the afternoon of the 23rd or a date in November.

MjC

Ok with the PMs I have received and the changes people are having with their schedule, October looks like a bust.

What about Nov 6th?

I'm working this weekend, so I won't be going. Then again, I don't really care much about MLG, and I doubt I would go even if I had off. lol

Nov. 6 works for me too. :applause:

[quote name='The Mana Knight']MLG is in National Harbor, MD this weekend.

There's a a PlayStation booth where you can play Killzone 3, Dead Nation, etc. Admission seems to be free if you are just a spectator and not competing at the event. I'm definitely going and will probably take off work early on Friday.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...on-co-op-and-more-at-mlg-in-d-c-this-weekend/[/QUOTE]

I would love to go for sure. Thankfully its a 3 day thing, so it gives me time to plan and think. Is anyone going?, and when? Might be easier to plan something. (PM me so we don't clog the thread)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']MLG is in National Harbor, MD this weekend.

There's a a PlayStation booth where you can play Killzone 3, Dead Nation, etc. Admission seems to be free if you are just a spectator and not competing at the event. I'm definitely going and will probably take off work early on Friday.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...on-co-op-and-more-at-mlg-in-d-c-this-weekend/[/QUOTE]

Hmm, since I work literally within sight of the National Harbor (though on the other side of the river, and the event starts in the afternoon on Friday, I'll probably stop by there b/w 1:30-3pm before I have to pick up Primo from daycare.

I will definitely try and be there at the National Harbor from around 11AM to 3PM Saturday. Maybe I might see some of ya there. Should be fun.

To anyone that might want to meet up, I don't have internet there, so I cannot check the forums while there (unless I get the hotel's free wifi internet, we'll see), just a heads up to all.

EDIT: on second though, I am feeling lazy today so I won't go to the MLG thing at the Harbor. One hour trip, not counting traffic, is not worth it just for Killzone 3 (which I'm buying anyway) and Dead Nation. Have fun y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back, and I don't blame anyone who didn't go. I was already in Alexandria, so I went anyway. Killzone 3 was alright I guess, and Dead Nation was only being shown Sunday, so it was disappointing in that respect. However, I saw a lot of great Tekken 6 matches, and got some free shit, so it was worth it for me.

[quote name='The Great BM']I just got back, and I don't blame anyone who didn't go. I was already in Alexandria, so I went anyway. Killzone 3 was alright I guess, and Dead Nation was only being shown Sunday, so it was disappointing in that respect. However, I saw a lot of great Tekken 6 matches, and got some free shit, so it was worth it for me.[/QUOTE]

KZ3 played pretty well, much better than KZ2. But the 3D was not that exciting (once my eyes got adjusted)

I really enjoyed KZ3, although I liked KZ2 a lot. I will eventually get a 3D TV, but KZ3 won't make me get it.

Also, keep in mind I wanted to be one of the earlier people to get to play KZ3 in the U.S. I had no problems driving 45 minutes along with paying $12 to park to do it. I'm just a really hardcore PlayStation fan.

I was wondering this too. If the 6th is bad, I am completely open the 13th. I have to work mids on the 6th, but I don't mind hanging out if it is at Arundel.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I was wondering this too. If the 6th is bad, I am completely open the 13th. I have to work mids on the 6th, but I don't mind hanging out if it is at Arundel.[/QUOTE]

I am game for either date, but I don't recall seeing many people who can't come on the 6th, maybe we should make it that day the official date.

I can the 6th or the 13th anyway. The 30th, I have the Colbert rally in DC.

6th will work for me too. "LET'S DO THIS!!" (say in a Joe Swanson voice)

November 6th Attendee List Dave&Busters @2pm @Arundel Mills
Ind1fference
GNitro
Mana
Horns456
Nightmare452
GenDV
AssaultSuit

bread's done
Back