Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='bradr']Thanksgiving Night 11/23 9:00pm

I just went to the CompUSA in Vienna. I knew that they were going to be opened from 9pm until Midnight so I thought that I could breeze into this empty store and pick up a couple of things before the rush tomorrow. When I arrived there right at 9pm, there was a line about 400-500 (yes, hundred) people long waiting to get in. If you've been to that CompUSA, the line was wrapped around the strip mall all the way around the corner on both sides.

Needless to say, I just kept driving and left.

Was CompUSA offering something THAT good or is it just that they're the only store open at this time?

* Edit: I just looked at the ad. There's a $200 rebate with activation of a phone but how many of those can the cell phone guys do in three hours?[/QUOTE]

Almost word for word my experience in Columbia. It looked like a George Romero movie. I went back to my mom's house and had more mashed potatoes.

Just got back from BF around the Wheaton, MD area with my brother. Went to CompUSA in Rockville, MD first and it was pretty crowded. Seemed like everyone was looking for the same deals (TV's, PC stuff). There were really no game deals. They had a managers sale which was 2- $15 games for $25 and 2-$30 games for $50. BB was jammed, line went almost to the back of the store. CC was crowded, but if you go to the back of the store there are lines that are shorter and easier to get through. CC had plenty of 360 and ps2/xbox games left. Target was pretty calm. They had some great TV DVD deals (all seasons of 24- $16, Seinfeld 1-6- $20). GS had sold all of their Wii's in 20 minutes the employee said.

Overall, it was pretty crazy around, it seemed to be dying down as time went on.

Yeah, CC was pretty bad.... A friend of mine was like 5th in line 'cause he stood there since 8PM... I "joined" him at around 1:30-2:00.....

[quote name='boozi']Yeah, CC was pretty bad.... A friend of mine was like 5th in line 'cause he stood there since 8PM... I "joined" him at around 1:30-2:00.....[/quote]

Nice, snag anything good?

I got everything i wanted this year except for Arrested Development Season 1. (well i missed out some smaller deals but thats ok) If anyone has an extra for trade or sale send me a PM or something :D

Well, I was looking for the wii... Kind of regretting I didn't buy it from you on time XDD But yeah, I got that 250GB HD for $129.99 before 2 $50 rebates and 1 1GB SD card for $29.99 before a $27 rebate. So I guess it wasn't too bad ^_^

if anyone is looking for a PS3 they had at least 4 20 gb ones at the target in Laurel, MD. there were 2 60 gig ones but this guy came in and bought them both (one for his friend that he called and asked if he wanted one). i dont want one right now so jsut a heads up to those who are looking for one

[quote name='stag8603']if anyone is looking for a PS3 they had at least 4 20 gb ones at the target in Laurel, MD. there were 2 60 gig ones but this guy came in and bought them both (one for his friend that he called and asked if he wanted one). i dont want one right now so jsut a heads up to those who are looking for one[/quote]

As soon as you posted, I called my brother who was in Laurel at the Target and he must of just missed it. He was the first in line not to get one, the guy before him took the last one. Sucks for him.

[quote name='thebob101']As soon as you posted, I called my brother who was in Laurel at the Target and he must of just missed it. He was the first in line not to get one, the guy before him took the last one. Sucks for him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they must have gone fast after I left because I told one of myfriends and he got tehre after they were gone too. The one guy that got 2 must ahve told his friends because no one was looking for them at all. It was empty when I was there (the store). more employees than customers.

I just bagged me 3 Wiimotes and Nunchucks, plus 2 classic controllers at the Walmart in Eldersburg MD. They had a whole rack of em. Happy hunting!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!? I'm in College park and i called Target at 11'o clock to verify if they had ps3's. The lady told me no. fuck HER!!!

[quote name='skinsfan56la']ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!? I'm in College park and i called Target at 11'o clock to verify if they had ps3's. The lady told me no. fuck HER!!![/quote]

see that sucks. OT: UMBC FTW, RAVENS SUPERBOWL!

Plenty of Wiimotes and Nunchuks in stock at the Target in Gaithersburg (in the Rio Center) at around 8pm this evening.

[quote name='abhinav']see that sucks. OT: UMBC FTW, RAVENS SUPERBOWL![/QUOTE]
Correction: UMCP FTW, Ravens superbowl :p

Walmart and CC should be getting some in, I know for a fact that Circuit City is getting 10+ in but Walmart is only promising 3 so i wouldnt count on it.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']anybody seen any wii remotes?[/QUOTE]

I saw plenty at the Target in Gaithersburg (Rio Center) on Wednesday night, they still had them on Thursday night, but who knows as of now...

got up early to try and get a wii and went to the best buy in germantown & circuit city in gaithersburg. germantown best buy didn't get a wii shipment whatsoever (as of 8:15am). i went to the gaithersburg cc afterwards and there was a decent line but there ended up being only 15 wiis.

btw, hi. i'm new to maryland--just moved here from miami.

[quote name='rhetoric']got up early to try and get a wii and went to the best buy in germantown & circuit city in gaithersburg. germantown best buy didn't get a wii shipment whatsoever (as of 8:15am). i went to the gaithersburg cc afterwards and there was a decent line but there ended up being only 15 wiis.

btw, hi. i'm new to maryland--just moved here from miami.[/quote]

Welcome to MD, we have a few CAGer's around these parts.

My dad was at that Gaith CC to get a PS3, they had 2 and my dad was cut off by one of the men and lost out on it. This blows, missed out on it again.

I got one at the Target multi-level in rockville. Its kind of hidden away but there were a good size line going. I was 17 out of 37 systems. The people in front of me had already asked the workers the day before and they said they told them there were 41 systems, no idea what happened to those other 4. I Showed up at 4AMish after partying all night and morning, they gave out tickets at 7, let us in shortly after that. Not sure if any of the people I was talking to in line are on CAG but "hey" if you are, I was the guy wanting to get a multiplayer gamer of Mario Kart DS going but no one had a DS except some kid who insisted on playing Final Fantasy III DS (and some other hyper 11 year old). I've did the updates and Mii channel and have been playing Zelda the past 3 hours, it was worth the wait in line. I wasn't going to miss out again so I showed up early to make sure of that, I'm glad I did :).

If any of you ever head out to Charles Town WV Wal Mart here has a ton of Wii accessories.

It's only about 20 minutes outside of Frederick MD and 25 from Leesburg VA.

I used to be a Geek Squad DA from the Sterling Best Buy beside the Dulles town center and decided I hated the commute.

Just a heads up. For those who don't know Wal-Mart revenue bands their stores and we actually have whats considered a "poor area" Wal Mart and many people in our area don't buy much video game accessories.

will be at walmart to try again on wednesday. they open at 7am. what time should I get there? :whistle2:# I'm in MoCo. Is there a particular Walmart that I would have better chances at?

[quote name='abhinav']*sigh* any word on the PS3?[/QUOTE]
UMCP FTW! WOOHOO GO TESTUDO XD Anyways... keep on checking with ps3seeker... Hopefully you'll be able to stumble across one soon :p

[quote name='boozi']UMCP FTW! WOOHOO GO TESTUDO XD Anyways... keep on checking with ps3seeker... Hopefully you'll be able to stumble across one soon :p[/quote]

I have found that website is a P.O.S. as it seems to have more ebay and craigs list that actual store updaters...

The Gamestops in Frederick, MD got some in. 60 giggers at that.

I'm thinking that they'll be gone by now, but I think shipments trickle in. Just gotta keep asking.

[quote name='lurknomore']The Gamestops in Frederick, MD got some in. 60 giggers at that.

I'm thinking that they'll be gone by now, but I think shipments trickle in. Just gotta keep asking.[/quote]

I dont know why but i have been getting the same asshole response from everywhere i call, "No we dont have them in and no we do not know when we will be getting more in"

When I went into the store, they all acted like the PS3s were coming out of their pockets. They were all so slow to sell them. I just didn't get it. I would ask, and then they would all look around...saying "do we have any Ps3s"? Then the manager would come over, and the size me up. Then the manager would feign ignorance...I would continue to ask if they would be 60s or 20s, and then with a great deal of huffing and puffing, they would pull up onto the counter from behind the counter. It was all very weird. I hated the experience.

[quote name='lurknomore']When I went into the store, they all acted like the PS3s were coming out of their pockets. They were all so slow to sell them. I just didn't get it. I would ask, and then they would all look around...saying "do we have any Ps3s"? Then the manager would come over, and the size me up. Then the manager would feign ignorance...I would continue to ask if they would be 60s or 20s, and then with a great deal of huffing and puffing, they would pull up onto the counter from behind the counter. It was all very weird. I hated the experience.[/quote]

I am still horribly confused, you know a place with many PS3's? And if so please share.

Anybody get in on the Eldersburg Walmart Wii action this morning?

I contemplated but didn't want to wake up at the arse crack of 4am to drive 2 hrs round trip for nothing.

[quote name='abhinav']I am still horribly confused, you know a place with many PS3's? And if so please share.[/QUOTE]

This was in Frederick, MD. I think that I may have posted that earlier in the thread. Anyhow, the GameStops/EBs up there must have received a sizable shipment each....they are probably gone now though.

[quote name='lurknomore']When I went into the store, they all acted like the PS3s were coming out of their pockets. They were all so slow to sell them. I just didn't get it. I would ask, and then they would all look around...saying "do we have any Ps3s"? Then the manager would come over, and the size me up. Then the manager would feign ignorance...I would continue to ask if they would be 60s or 20s, and then with a great deal of huffing and puffing, they would pull up onto the counter from behind the counter. It was all very weird. I hated the experience.[/quote]
Maybe they were worried about being robbed if they were too prominent? :lol: The amount of violence caused by people desperate to get a PS3 has been absurd (or people out for a quick profit).

Sorry abhinav, just reporting the info I found out about. I called around 1pm and they told me they got some in but sold out right away. So hit and miss on the PS3s, guess it's expected though due to Sony not even being able to honor their commitments to retailers.

I've talked to managers at Gamestop, Gamecrazy and FYE and they're still short on preorders they sold a long time ago which Sony guaranteed they would be able to cover from the first shipment on 11/17.

I've avoided even trying to get a PS3 from those places. All are in Gaithersburg, the Gamestop still trying to fill preorders is the FuncoLand one.

The Gamestop that got PS3s was the one off Frederick blvd, next to Chuck E Cheese.

bread's done
Back