Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

I was in the Tenley Town BB yesterday and I don't think they had it. Wasn't looking for it specifically, but probably would have noticed it.

Edit: It = Guitar Hero 2

wOW saw this on the front page of CAG and clicked. Wouldn't known there was so many local CAGers. Guitar Hero 2 is coming out soon for just PS2 or both? 360? or later date. Sorry lazy and don't want to look up.

A little tip. CompUSA's blowout inventory online. You can search your local COMPUSA's inventory of reduced stuff. Found NHL 2k6 recently for like $9.98 locally and other dawesome deals. Older game but bet you can't find that game any cheaper for brand new. Anyways.

FLAME ON! jk

If anyone scores an early copy of Gears of War, let us know.

Rumor is that some stores have already received shipments, but are sitting on them until the 7th even though there is supposedly no official street date.

I just tried calling a ton of local Best Buys, Targets and Toys R' Us stores in the area to see if any of them had them already in stock or had broken the street date. No luck.

I was in the Walmart out in Germantown MD today and noticed they had the 360 versions of Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Splinter Cell Double Agent for $49 each.

does anyone know any local places where I can buy a new Xbox system (not 360)? Like a BB, Walmart, Sears, whatever. Looking somewhere between Alexandria, VA and Germantown, MD

Thx for any info!!

anyone know of any local game stores doing a midnight release of Gears of War?

Edit: Preferably someplace safe to be hanging around at midnight.

Found Odama for $12.48 at Target. They had one left in the displays.

It's the Target in Wheaton, in the mall w/ FYE, GS, and there's a CC in the same complex.

I just finished calling a bunch of EB/Gamestops, Bestbuys, Targets, Walmarts, etc. in the Northern VA and Southern MD area looking for Gears of War.

For what it's worth: one of the guys at EB that I got a hold of said no EB/Gamestops in the Northern VA region would be getting it today.

From what I can tell and from what that EB Games guy has said, it looks like no Gears of War anywhere in the area today.

[quote name='thebob101']Anyone going to the CC PS3 midnight sale? Are they handing out the vouchers at 8 pm? Still undecided.[/QUOTE]
I might do that... Not sure though

i might i figure it might be worth it but i wont get there early enough to score a ps3 but maybe i could win one of the raffled ones

Which brings me to my question from the circuit city PS midnight release thread... How early do you think I should be there???

[quote name='jgamezcua']does anyone know any local places where I can buy a new Xbox system (not 360)? Like a BB, Walmart, Sears, whatever. Looking somewhere between Alexandria, VA and Germantown, MD

Thx for any info!![/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely positive, but I think that I saw one in the Sears at Lakeforest. Better give them a ring before heading over, but I think that I saw a box there.

Thinking about going down for the Rockville CC thing, but I hate kids....but I might. Do some of you want to meet up and keep each other's spirits up?

[quote name='jgamezcua']Found Odama for $12.48 at Target.[/QUOTE]

I picked this up at the Germantown Target today. They had a couple left over, too.

[quote name='adamsappel']I picked this up at the Germantown Target today. They had a couple left over, too.[/QUOTE]

There are also a few of these in the Gaithersburg Target in the Rio complex.

[quote name='skinsfan56la']I'm planning to go to the CC thing but don't know what time i should leave. Any ideas?[/quote]
i'd say wednesday or early thursday i wont be there untill 6:00pm thursday

You know what grinds my gears? The fact that I can't find a fucking copy of Gears of War at a FYE in the state of Maryland.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']i'd say wednesday or early thursday i wont be there untill 6:00pm thursday[/QUOTE]
Same here.... Got classes 'till 4:20 on Thursdays so I'll end up getting there at around 5:00-5:30 'cause the drive from College Park to Rockville can be a bitch during that time :X

Playing GoW and I have to say that this is one of the best games I have ever played.

What time is everyone going to the Rockville CC for the ps3 release, like lurknomore said, we should all meet up and introduce ourselves to each other. What does everyone think (Metro area CAG folks).

Well, as I've stated in my post above, I know for 95% that I'll be there at around 5:30 PM on the 16th... Hopefully I'll be able to snag a console :X

im want to join too... lol...
i say you will have to be there eariler than 5:30 on thursday. atleast in the morning on the 16th...

I'll be getting there a bit earlier....as my gaming buddy has encouraged me to get there earlier. I'm thinking around 4:30 or so. I'm sure that it won't be hard to spot each other. We'll be the ones that are there and loitering. I hope that this doesn't get much play on the radio stations as they are suggesting...and that us CAGers get our just dibs. Remember to bring your DSes and PSPs.

[quote name='cleaver']You know what grinds my gears? The fact that I can't find a fucking copy of Gears of War at a FYE in the state of Maryland.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I gave up on that hope. I gave in and bought GoW from BB. Anyway, as was the discussion earlier, I found Odama in good quantities and condition at the Targets in Rockville and Germantown. Go and get um fellas.

Call of Duty 3 fpr 360 rang up $49.99 at the FYE in Wheaton; apparently they entered it as an XBox game.

I'm in at Rockville CC 6ish if confidence levels are high.

I heard on the radio station FM 101.1 that their dj's are going to be present at the Rockville CC I think from 8-10pm and will be giving away PS3's I think as part of a raffle. Sounds like multiple will be given out.

Prob gonna have alot more people there as a result due to the radio station promotion.

[quote name='jgamezcua']I heard on the radio station FM 101.1 that their dj's are going to be present at the Rockville CC I think from 8-10pm and will be giving away PS3's I think as part of a raffle. Sounds like multiple will be given out.

Prob gonna have alot more people there as a result due to the radio station promotion.[/QUOTE]

Damn it!!! Now i'm going to try to leave even earlier. I'll try to leave right after my class at like 3 or 4. Man this sucks.

Sounds like it is going to be packed if DC101 is advertising it. This sucks, but I guess we couldn't expect it would only be us (CAG).

DC 101 - PS3 Promotion

http://www.eitmonline.com/

"The new PlayStation 3 comes out next Friday, but we’re giving them away a bit early! Thursday, November 16th at 9PM, join Roche at Circuit City in Rockville (Congressional Plaza North) or Crash at Circuit City in Richmond (Short Pump) to win this year’s hottest gaming system before it “officially” goes on sale. Oh, you can’t make it? Well, word is that Elliot In The Morning may have a few to give away too, but that’s a big secret… so don’t tell anybody. Got it?

Listen all next week for the rest of the details from the morning show that knows that start is for one-player and select is for two: Elliot In The Morning."

Crap....Elliot in the morning has a huge following...I imagine that this will make it near impossible. I trust that DC101 will be advertising all day, too. Crap.

I also heard the elliot promo on Wednesday, first thing that came to mind was "crap, that added like 8 more hours to my camping".

I am going to drive by around 4 pm and see if the crowd is really large. If it is massive then it is a no go for me. Sounds like there is going to be a crap load of people there.

[quote name='thebob101']I am going to drive by around 4 pm and see if the crowd is really large. If it is massive then it is a no go for me. Sounds like there is going to be a crap load of people there.[/quote] if you or anybody else can post how many people are out there when u get there,by the time i get there everybody should be there. too bad i cant get off work earlier.

[quote name='therealdeal19']I'll probably head out to CC at 11 am or possibly earlier if I decide to ditch my morning class :lol:[/quote] i feel u i wish i could ditch work. oh well

Bad news u guys... I just went to circuit city to "survey" the battlefield and it looks really bad... I don't think I'll go. There are quite a lot of people over there and by Thursday, it'll be hell...

[quote name='boozi']Bad news u guys... I just went to circuit city to "survey" the battlefield and it looks really bad... I don't think I'll go. There are quite a lot of people over there and by Thursday, it'll be hell...[/quote]

fuck, there are people camping already. Bastards

That's just ridiculous. Too early. I make more per hour and I value my time more than that....than to start waiting now. Geez. I'm sure that they'll be kicked away tho.

[quote name='lurknomore']That's just ridiculous. Too early. I make more per hour and I value my time more than that....than to start waiting now. Geez. I'm sure that they'll be kicked away tho.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't seem like that... There was a circuit city employee outside the place and it didn't seem like she started to kick them out... Also, there was a sign that said Playstation 3 Line Up starts here :X

I just went there about 8 pm and the line was huge didnt even bother getting out of the car. This might be my first console launch defeat.

bread's done
Back