Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

I took back
DK King of Swing
Mario Party Advance
Sigma Star Advance
and 1 or 2 more clearanced GBA titles to the Rockville CC today.

[quote name='maxgle']welcome another MD CAG ;-)
do you happen to have one or more of these that you wouldnt mind selling it to me?

Advance Wars DS
Harvest Moon: More Friends Of Mineral Town
Pokemon Ruby
Pokemon Sapphire
Radiata Stories[/QUOTE]

Nope, sorry. :(
I actually had a friend pick up Radiata for me (lives all the way out in California). I didn't see that game at all in any of the CCs I've been. The same goes for the other games listed.

Can anyone design sigs, it would be cool to have a MD CAG signature. I am going to see what bass player for my band can come up with (he is a graphic artist).

Swung by the Wheaton CC around 10am and I saw the store employees pull out like 3 huge gray tubs fulls of PS2, GBA, and XBOX games for the 4th of July sale. They just had the tubs sitting out while they put them back on the shelves. I looked in the GBA tub and all the items in there were part of the 8.96 sale. I picked up a zelda link to the past, metroid and nightmare b4 xmas. I assume the other two tubs were all 8.96 items also so it may be worth stopping by there since it appears that they were holding back games until the sale started.

Good luck hunting!

[quote name='jgamezcua']Swung by the Wheaton CC around 10am and I saw the store employees pull out like 3 huge gray tubs fulls of PS2, GBA, and XBOX games for the 4th of July sale. They just had the tubs sitting out while they put them back on the shelves. I looked in the GBA tub and all the items in there were part of the 8.96 sale. I picked up a zelda link to the past, metroid and nightmare b4 xmas. I assume the other two tubs were all 8.96 items also so it may be worth stopping by there since it appears that they were holding back games until the sale started.

Good luck hunting![/quote]

I'll have to look into that. That's the ony CC in the Metro area that I haven't checked out yet.

regarding the cc sale-Upper marlboro has a good selection of nds/gba and xbox titles. They were pretty much cleared out of everything else. Annapolis has a good deal of the ps2 games left.

Swung by the Wheaton CC around 10am and I saw the store employees pull out like 3 huge gray tubs fulls of PS2, GBA, and XBOX games for the 4th of July sale. They just had the tubs sitting out while they put them back on the shelves. I looked in the GBA tub and all the items in there were part of the 8.96 sale. I picked up a zelda link to the past, metroid and nightmare b4 xmas. I assume the other two tubs were all 8.96 items also so it may be worth stopping by there since it appears that they were holding back games until the sale started.

Good luck hunting!

I was there around 12:00 pm and there was only one crate in front of the ps2 titles. It was about half full of xbox games. I did manage to finally pick up Fight Night Round 2 for the xbox. I ran into a couple of fellas with lists which is never a good sign (I don't think they were CAGs). Still looking for NFSU-Rivals for the PSP.

I have also been around the CCs in the metro area and most still have some good titles. The really sought-after titles have been gone for a week or so (Halo Triple Pack, Advance Wars, Warriors).

I went to the one on Rockville Pike again and I picked up one each of the following:

Gun - still has several left
Mario Golf -last one
Final Fantasy I & II - still has one copy left
Sword of Mana - last one

They are all $9 each.

Hey guys. I was looking for a shop like starland, but perhaps in the reston.herndon area? I love starland, but they haven't been answering their phone lately, and its a 30 minute trip!

Larry

Checked out the TRUs in the area for the clearance sale going on.

Found the following:

Gaithersburg:
Castlevania Double Pack (4 copies)
FE: Sacred Stone (3 copies)

Rockville
FE: Sacred Stone (3 copies)
FF I&II (2 copies)
GC Killer 7 (5 copies)

Enjoy!

Just went to the TRU in Columbia, MD and all I saw was accessories on clearance. I nabbed a EA wireless PS2 controller for $10. There were a few games, nothing great (Trigger Man for xbox). CompUSA's clearance items were pretty weak too. A bunch of PSP games marked 50% off from $35+.

I have a few guides I could trade. We should set up a little trading network for us MD, NoVA, DC and surrounding area folk. Anyone interested?

Checked out the TRU off University Blvd for the clearance sale going on.

Not much left at all, the gba section was cleaned out.

Saw 2 copies of Geist, 4 copies of Baten Kaitos, and 2 copies of legend of heroes of which I bought 1.

Just went to that TRU and picked up a 12 month Live Kit (w/ Crimson Skies) for $30. You are correct when you said they have been cleaned out.

Has anyone picked up an extra Live Card? I would be interested in trading for one.

I checked the Columbia MD Toy R Us and it is cleaned out of everything good. There must be another CAGer (lurker?) that is cleaning that one out. :)

Matthew

The Compusa in Gaithersburg, MD had PS2 copies of Killer 7 and Bloodrayne 2 for $10 (plus alot of less interesting 10 dolla games in the bin up front)

CompUSA in Rockville has dropped their bins of games to as low as 4.99. They have them out of the tubs and organized alphabetically now on racks for easier browsing. Picked up Crimson Sea 2 (4.99) and Killer 7 (9.99)

Haven't been to this thread in a long time. Glad to see there is some communication between us Marylanders. Sorry that I don't buy pennied out guide/strat. books. Good luck with that.

Has anyone picked up an extra Live Card? I would be interested in trading for one.

I checked the Columbia MD Toy R Us and it is cleaned out of everything good. There must be another CAGer (lurker?) that is cleaning that one out. :)

Matthew

I have seen a few of the $29.98 Live Boxes in the area. If I see more, I will post the location(s).

[quote name='jgamezcua']CompUSA in Rockville has dropped their bins of games to as low as 4.99. They have them out of the tubs and organized alphabetically now on racks for easier browsing. Picked up Crimson Sea 2 (4.99) and Killer 7 (9.99)[/QUOTE]

Was that the last Crimson Sea 2, or were there more?

MjC

Just stopped by BB at Tysons after practice and there was 6 bins full of xbox, ps2 and gamecube games at 50% off. I was able to get the following:

The Godfather (xbox)- $20
DDR 3 (xbox)- $15 (used GGC)
Arena Football (xbox)- $10
NCAA 06 (ps2)- $15
Madden 06 (xbox)- $15
Counter Strike (xbox)- $5
Destroy All Humans (xbox)- $10
Katamari Darmacy (ps2)- $10
Resident Evil (gc)- $7.50

I believe all of the Greatest Hits/Platnium Hits/Player's Choice were on sale. Only a hand full of new releases weren't on sale (Kingdom Hearts, Black, NCAA 07). I did not see any GBA or DS games on sale. They have lists taped to the bins. A few PSP games were on the ps2 list (Infected is the only one I remember). I think it ends tonight after the tax free shopping is over for VA. Still a crap lot of stuff when I left at 3 pm.

Here is a few I remember:

NFS Most Wanted Black- gc
Mario Cart- gc
Gun- ps2 & xbox
Trapt- ps2
Half Life 2- xbox
And 1- ps2 & xbox
King Kong- all systems
Simpsons Hit and Run- gc

Checked Gaithersburg, MD and Rockville, MD TRUs. Neither are running the B2G1 TRU special. Spoke with mgrs at both stores and they said selects stores only but they didn't know which ones.

Picked up an extra Popolocrois and Suikoden Tactics for trade from the CC clearance.

Looking for a Mario Tennis or Mario Baseball, both gamecube.

PM if interested, also have a couple other games FT.

Checked the CC in Wheaton and there was nothing. They were rearranging the ps2 gaming section. I think they are making room for the Wii and ps3.

Anyone in the area pre-order any of the new systems? I am tempted, but I think I am going to wait on the ps3. Wii sounds interesting, but I had a GC that just sat on the counter collecting dust until it was stolen.

I nearly forgot about this thread. Glad that it is still somewhat active. I'm looking for Mario Tennis and Mario Baseball. Any leads?

I'm still looking for somewhere to pre-order the PS3 and Wii. I just don't trust the FYEs around here.

Anyone use the FYE trade in sale lately. Heard from Lurknomore and was informed that Lakeforest didn't have much of a selection. Wheaton has some good titles and hasn't been giving a hassle about trade in (as long as they don't look brand new with the retail sealing still on it). I believe the sale ends soon, I have heard Oct. 30 (posted on CAG) and Oct. 31 (was told by an employee). If you know of more stores and information post please.

[quote name='thebob101']Anyone use the FYE trade in sale lately. Heard from Lurknomore and was informed that Lakeforest didn't have much of a selection. Wheaton has some good titles and hasn't been giving a hassle about trade in (as long as they don't look brand new with the retail sealing still on it). I believe the sale ends soon, I have heard Oct. 30 (posted on CAG) and Oct. 31 (was told by an employee). If you know of more stores and information post please.[/QUOTE]

Work took me up to Frederick, and that Sam Goody had no clue. They were helpful, but there was nothing there. Absolutely nothing for PS2, except Scarface, and even less for GCN. They didn't have anything worth more than $25. Thanks to theBob, Wheaton was helpful...but slow. Their supply seemed to be the best, though, you have to ask for the games. Lakeforest is out of most titles.

[quote name='lurknomore']Work took me up to Frederick, and that Sam Goody had no clue. They were helpful, but there was nothing there. Absolutely nothing for PS2, except Scarface, and even less for GCN. They didn't have anything worth more than $25. Thanks to theBob, Wheaton was helpful...but slow. Their supply seemed to be the best, though, you have to ask for the games. Lakeforest is out of most titles.[/quote]

You totally have to ask for the titles, the new releases are hardly out in the display. Was the person who helped you a tall, thin African American dude. He was always very cool.

Wheaton is good, I usually deal w/ the thin African American dude you mentioned. Lakeforest is also anal about disc scratching and 0.01'ed out games.

Mazza Gallery is decent, but limited selection.

Hey fellas,
At Wheaton, I had a short, stout, overweight Hispanic girl....who wouldn't crack a smile despite me laying on the charm thick, real thick. It took forever as she just groused around. I asked for Phantasy Star Universe(360) and she back twice with Final Fantasy XI.

Lake Forest is close, and that's the only reason why I ever go there.

All in all, it's never a fun experience going to FYE. You never know what games are there, and everything is over-priced, with their stupid rebates. And the staff though can be nice, never knows what's going on in the stores.

Anyway fellas, we should all meet up sometime. We should join forces and help eachother with our CAG skills.

Has anybody had luck tracking down an early release copy of Guitar Hero 2 from Best Buy? I've tried calling the Tenleytown and Pentagon City branches, but they don't answer their phones.

I was in both the Tysons and Fair Lakes Best Buy's today and no Guitar Hero 2. For some reason the Tysons store has about 20 guitar hero 1 bundles, but no early GH2.

The is a Game Crazy on Rt 26 in Eldersburg that has some sweet deals here and there. I miss New York and all the locally owned shops. Tax free shopping and always $5-$10 cheaper. Also, has anyone else noticed that since the merger, Gamestop and EB now have $5 price increase on some games?

bread's done
Back