Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

the problem with beltsville is there not getting that many.. Wheaton circuit city is getting 26 preminums and 16 cores... so wheaton it is..

[quote name='nuttyturnip']The employees at that Gamestop are some of the pushiest people around. :roll:

Every few weeks, I'll order dinner at Solanos and walk down to Gamestop to browse while I wait for my food. It never fails, they always ask me if I brought anything to trade in and give me the whole sales schpiel. It gets on my nerves, and I doubt I'd actually buy anything there because of it. I've overheard them pressuring customers to buy their stupid magazine subscription, and it makes me want to interupt them and tell the clueless parents, "Don't buy that, it's a ripoff!" I realize it's their job to be salespeople, but stop being so aggressive about it.[/QUOTE]

Seems almost as bad as my last experience in FYE located in Mazza Gallery. While one person went in back to find a game the other person kept asking me if I wanted to get a subscription to some magazine for free, I said no, this didn't stop her from asking a few more times, eventually she gave up and tried to get me to sign up and pay for some card that would get me a 10% discount. I rarely shop at FYE unless they have some random sale item that makes no sense so I said no again. Once again she wouldn't take no for an answer so I just left the store before the other guy could find the game (I hadn't paid yet).

[quote name='probablysober']Seems almost as bad as my last experience in FYE located in Mazza Gallery. While one person went in back to find a game the other person kept asking me if I wanted to get a subscription to some magazine for free, I said no, this didn't stop her from asking a few more times, eventually she gave up and tried to get me to sign up and pay for some card that would get me a 10% discount. I rarely shop at FYE unless they have some random sale item that makes no sense so I said no again. Once again she wouldn't take no for an answer so I just left the store before the other guy could find the game (I hadn't paid yet).[/quote]
How could you ever pass on 10% off at FYE? If you got it your next purchases would be 10% less insanely overpriced! :lol:

I bought my PSP at FYE to get the $30 rebate, but then I forgot to send it in. #-o

Honestly though, I haven't been in FYE enough to interact with employees, and I haven't been to Mazza Galleria since I worked around American University back in 2000.

[quote name='thespillcanvas']The employees at the GS in St. Johns Plaza may be pushy, but after scoring mint copies of Grownlanser Generations. GI Joe Season 1 Part 1, and La Pucelle Tactics in one trip, I can't complain.[/quote]

hahah hope ya enjoyed that GI JOE season 1 part 1 I traded that in . Watched an episode and decided it wasnt for me bad part was they only gave me like 8 or 9 bucks for it

Just saw a 360 Core system at the CC in Beltsville, MD.

Also, BB in Laurel, MD had a copy of Doom 3 RoE for $19.99 minus the $5 Rewards Coupon.

[quote name='thebob101']Just saw a 360 Core system at the CC in Beltsville, MD.

Also, BB in Laurel, MD had a copy of Doom 3 RoE for $19.99 minus the $5 Rewards Coupon.[/quote] Offtopic but, thebob, you're in The Viscious Martinis? They're pretty good. :)

[quote name='lurknomore']Anyone see any BB GGCs?[/quote]

I was at the BB in Alexandria VA - Potomac Yards. They had some.

They had a bunch of signs up that they had Xbox 360s in stock too.

Also, the Target right there in Potomac Yards also had 360s in stock, I saw 3 premiums and 3 cores in the case.

Anyone else ever notice how utterly horrible the CompUSA in (Federal Plaza) Rockville's video game section was (not that it matters much anymore)? They had tons of games out in plastic cases with color copies of the games in them and no prices for like 6 months.

[quote name='slateman666']Anyone else ever notice how utterly horrible the CompUSA in (Federal Plaza) Rockville's video game section was (not that it matters much anymore)? They had tons of games out in plastic cases with color copies of the games in them and no prices for like 6 months.[/QUOTE]

But that store has the biggest clearance bin I've ever seen at a CompUSA. Sure, it is a big mess and you have to dig through it, but the prices seem to be half what other stores charge. I found an Arc The Lad for $5. Also got Echo Night Beyond for $5 (it is $10 at other CompUSAs). The selection there beats the crap out of the Alexandria store which had a bin up front full of full-priced games :roll:. They had a game I'd never even seen before - Dragon's Lair 3D for GC for $10. I picked it up and am not sure I'm going to keep it, but I though that was an interesting find. There's more of those there (think I got the last Arc the Lad though).

But, yeah, I agree that their regular game section is utter crap - a few boxes with xeroxed game art and no prices. Though that is a little less insulting than the "Manager's Special - $44.95" I see at other stores.

I just went to the Landover CC and it had tons of clearance games from the April sale. They are mispriced, but it might be worth it to venture over there. I saw SWAT (Xbox), Arc the Lad (PS2), Castlevaina and more.

thanks for checking, I just checked the tTarget at the washingtonian center (near the Rio) and none there, also drove up to the Target Greatland near Germantown, nothing there either.

Target in Rockville (the new one near flagship carwash off bou avenue) has the yellow price sticker for "DS Lite: 129.99" but the case where it should be is completely empty. I asked the guy and he said that anything that needed to be locked up in the glass case isn't kept in the back room and brought straight to the case. Could it be that they sold out? The guy didn't know whether they didn't have it yet or were sold out.

Maybe I'll drive out there tomorrow and find out what the deal is. How far past Best Buy is that Target (taking Wisconsin/Rockville Pike from DC)?

No luck at targets in Wheaton, College Park/Greenbelt or Forestville (read on another forum that this one had 20 or so yesterday, case empty today around 1 pm).

[quote name='forgotten fans']Maybe I'll drive out there tomorrow and find out what the deal is. How far past Best Buy is that Target (taking Wisconsin/Rockville Pike from DC)?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty far if your coming from DC, will take you maybe 35-40 minutes because of traffic and driving through friendship heights and bethesda, its in the middle of rockville. After reading reports about the forest ville target I think the rockville one was just sold out.

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spo...ntPOI2=1&mouse_mode=center&map.x=167&map.y=81

Just met a friend for a late lunch in Rockville and swung by the target there. StealthGear is correct, tag on the case, but no DS Lites. Clerk said they had them but sold out.

I'm not going to bother looking again for an early one. Will just make the rounds and pick one up next Sunday morning.

theres a target in rio shopping area gaithersburg... so if u go to germantown u got target and walmart so maybe youll luck there...

Saw on another forum that the Wal-mart and Target in geramantown and the target in Gaithersburg were no goes (either didn't have them or had sold out) on Saturday when the person checked.

Oh well, kind of a moot point now since it's a week until launch no point wasting time trying to find one a few days early when they should be easy to find on Sunday.

[quote name='maxgle']true, and dont forget if you are trading your old DS in, you will get $70 at EB/GS this week. I cant wait ;)[/QUOTE]

whoa thanks for the tip! I guess I know what I'm doing on Friday :) (still playing through New Super Mario Bros. so don't want to give up my DS just yet).

Skyline target on Rt7 in NoVA - sold us 4* with no problem, just asked by the DCPI number (check main thread) and mentioned a 'white gameboy'. They may only fall for it once, but they had plenty, it seemed

*no, they're not for eBay. I took requests.

Hey guys. Been a long time since I've checked anything here, but from what I've gathered, we we will have 2-3 extra DS lite systems in our store (EB Games in Bowie Town Center) pending they weren't pre-ordered today. Plus we have 4 DDR Mario Mixes left so buy that too.

Peace and baby grease!
-Paul

got back from the one on the Quince Orchard road today and found a few copies of Dynasty Warriors 5 Extreme Legend there. I did bring the list there and nothing else were found except Hamtaro, Jak 2, Jak 3 left. I personally picked up the last copy of Ice Climber for GBA and I am a very happy customer ;)

Just went to Wheaton and they had a few titles (NFL Street 2, Gauntlet, Half Life 2, Monster Hunter, Burnout Revenge). Most PS2 titles are gone and Xbox seems to be thin. Didn't see any DS games and I didn't check the GBA games.

Hey folks, Im a newbie here. I am in Maryland as well, Calvert County. No good shops anywhere remotely close to me though :cry:

Hey everyone,
Just saying hi, and you can add another MD CAG. I'm in Rockville right now.

I actually went to the Wheaton, Gaithersburg and Rockville Circuit City for the $8.96 clearance.

Luckily, I live within walking distance of the Rockville one so I've been there a lot (my own purchases plus requests from friends) in the past two weeks (actually I haven't been there at all this week :lol: ). I went up to the Wheaton and Gaithersburg once (on the 23rd) and I did really well at the Gaithersburg one. I managed to get stuff like Karaoke Revolution, DDR Ultramix 2 and even Zelda: A link to the past (for a friend).

The Rockville one had nice stuff as well. I didn't get much at the Wheaton one since I found everything I wanted at Rockville and Gaithersburg. Let me just say that the Wheaton one had the weakest selection by far from the three stores when I went on the 23rd. Their DS section was an absolute joke as well.

Sorry, if I bought anything you guys might've been looking for. I never buy any duplicates unless a friend requests something. This is strictly for my own personal collection and gaming.

Found a GS in DC.

GameStop #2412
H Street Connection
817 H Street N.E.
Washington DC, 20002 US
(202)544-3013

This one you can take the metro to I believe:

EB Games #4101
Pentagon City Mall
1100 S. HAYES ST.
ARLINGTON VA, 22202 US
(703)415-3535

DC itself is pretty dry for gamestores, and the ones off the Metro are your run-of-the-mill GS or EB. Here's the ones I remember off the Metro:

Pentagon City (as thebob101 mentioned): EB and Best Buy
Ballston (Ballston Common Mall, a few blocks from the stop): EB
Tenleytown-AU: Best Buy and a small used game/CD store next to Dominoes
Wheaton: (Wheaton Plaza, a few blocks from the stop): GS and Circuit City

If you really want to shop for games, head into the Springfield, VA area. Springfield Mall has an EB and GS, along with 2 arcades. A few miles away in Annandale is Starland Games, which sells import/anime titles, and is a nifty store to browse. There's a free mall shuttle from the Franconia/Springfield stop, which will take you to the mall, and if you like taking your life into your own hands, you can cross the highway to Best Buy and another GS. You'd have to drive to get to Starland.

[quote name='therealdeal19']Hey everyone,
Just saying hi, and you can add another MD CAG. I'm in Rockville right now.

I actually went to the Wheaton, Gaithersburg and Rockville Circuit City for the $8.96 clearance.

Luckily, I live within walking distance of the Rockville one so I've been there a lot (my own purchases plus requests from friends) in the past two weeks (actually I haven't been there at all this week :lol: ). I went up to the Wheaton and Gaithersburg once (on the 23rd) and I did really well at the Gaithersburg one. I managed to get stuff like Karaoke Revolution, DDR Ultramix 2 and even Zelda: A link to the past (for a friend).

The Rockville one had nice stuff as well. I didn't get much at the Wheaton one since I found everything I wanted at Rockville and Gaithersburg. Let me just say that the Wheaton one had the weakest selection by far from the three stores when I went on the 23rd. Their DS section was an absolute joke as well.

Sorry, if I bought anything you guys might've been looking for. I never buy any duplicates unless a friend requests something. This is strictly for my own personal collection and gaming.[/QUOTE]

welcome another MD CAG ;-)
do you happen to have one or more of these that you wouldnt mind selling it to me?

Advance Wars DS
Harvest Moon: More Friends Of Mineral Town
Pokemon Ruby
Pokemon Sapphire
Radiata Stories

bread's done
Back