Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='jgamezcua']Sorry abhinav, just reporting the info I found out about. I called around 1pm and they told me they got some in but sold out right away. So hit and miss on the PS3s, guess it's expected though due to Sony not even being able to honor their commitments to retailers.

I've talked to managers at Gamestop, Gamecrazy and FYE and they're still short on preorders they sold a long time ago which Sony guaranteed they would be able to cover from the first shipment on 11/17.

I've avoided even trying to get a PS3 from those places. All are in Gaithersburg, the Gamestop still trying to fill preorders is the FuncoLand one.

The Gamestop that got PS3s was the one off Frederick blvd, next to Chuck E Cheese.[/quote]

I love that area, 3 Gamestops in walking distance. Yeah my house is in gaith and to hear that they got them and i missed it sucks. Thanks for the info though, i hear best buy and CC might get more in on the 9th so maybe i'll aim for that one.

[quote name='boozi']Woah, wait for the one @ CC... $40 coupon :p And yeah, aren't you in UMBC right now? :X[/quote]

Yeah i am but my parents will run around to get it :p
And what are the odds that i'll get one at CC anyways

what $40 off CC? I am so slow on the deals. :cry:

I'm in Bmore too now, but I've been driving my brother around on weekends to get him a Wii. We haven't been successful yet. Totally missed the Walmart one this morning, since I've never been to one and got completely lost. By the time I got there, all the tickets were already accounted for. :-({|=

You going off PS3seeker.com for the 9th shipment?

I've tried using that sight 3 times now for BB's, Target and CC and it's been a bust all 3 times. Not because the stores ran out but that PS3seeker said they had them in stock on a certain date and none of the stores even received any on that date. I even only went to the ones that had user submissions and some sort of inventory count.

Another crapshoot in my opinion, like the Best Buy inventory checker

[quote name='jgamezcua']You going off PS3seeker.com for the 9th shipment?

I've tried using that sight 3 times now for BB's, Target and CC and it's been a bust all 3 times. Not because the stores ran out but that PS3seeker said they had them in stock on a certain date and none of the stores even received any on that date. I even only went to the ones that had user submissions and some sort of inventory count.

Another crapshoot in my opinion, like the Best Buy inventory checker[/quote]

I dont even know about the best buy thing, the PS3 seeker thing did work for me at a circuit city but they only got 2 in and my dad was a bit late. It's really hit and miss but i dont mind making my parents run around :lol:

[quote name='abhinav']I dont even know about the best buy thing, the PS3 seeker thing did work for me at a circuit city but they only got 2 in and my dad was a bit late. It's really hit and miss but i dont mind making my parents run around :lol:[/QUOTE]
Lol, do they mind that? XD

[quote name='boozi']Lol, do they mind that? XD[/quote]

I dont like giving them a say :whistle2:D
I could have gotten the Gamestop/walmart bundles but $1200... geeze. I almost bit on the Walmart 20gb bundle 3 times but it's 20gb version and i would have to try and return $600 worth of stuff to Walmart, lawl

Yeah, $1200 is way too much.. Even for a bundle and also, there's no point in getting a bundle. Anyways, don't worry, you're time will come :p Sounds pretty bad if you read that last sentence out of context XD

Damnit! The Walmart in Eldersburg had people lined up at 4am and all systems were accounted for which was about 30 of em. They had plenty of accessories though.

[quote name='jgamezcua']Springfield VA Best Buy had 28 60 GB PS3s this morning. As of this post they still have at least 6 in stock.[/QUOTE]

jesus christ, i LITERALLY read this 5 mins too late. i thought maybe the local best buy got a shipment too, so i hit the germantown best buy and there were mad people walking out with ps3s. i went up to customer service and asked for a ps3 and the employee told me they JUST sold out and handed their last one to this guy standing next to me.

grr!

Laurel best buy had a shit load of ps3's. When i got there, there was 6 60 gigs left. Of course i left with one so now 5 or maybe sold out.

[quote name='skinsfan56la']Laurel best buy had a shit load of ps3's. When i got there, there was 6 60 gigs left. Of course i left with one so now 5 or maybe sold out.[/quote]
son of a bitch they only have 20gb's in stock now and i have no way to get down there. Son of a bitch.

EDIT: Missed it, hooray

I called Germantown BB yesterday and those F'ers told me they didn't get any in stock yesterday. On top of all that, they asked me for my personal information like email address b/c they were tracking statistics on the volume of calls for PS3. So I hung up on them.

Call me crazy, but I think that it is easier finding a PS3 than Wii despite there being more Wiis available. More people are chasing the Wii. I need to find one for my wife's nephew. Hmmm. Still enough time, but I'm getting tired of the chase.

[quote name='lurknomore']Call me crazy, but I think that it is easier finding a PS3 than Wii despite there being more Wiis available. More people are chasing the Wii. I need to find one for my wife's nephew. Hmmm. Still enough time, but I'm getting tired of the chase.[/quote]

Nah your crazy. 100 times easier to snag a wii, you have just had bad luck. All of my friends who have actualy wanted one ether got one at launch or went early to Circuit City and snaged one. The PS3 is just nuts, you cant get your hands on one for less then 1k (or some crazy in store luck)

Concur about PS3 being more elusive. There seem to be more regular shipments of the Wii and stores are able to advertise in advance on the Wii. Not the case for PS3. Every shipment of PS3 seems to be a well kept secret even to the stores receiving the shipment.

I heard a story on CNN this morning about cops in NY being placed on probation for abusing their authority in order to get a PS3. Apparently on Nov 17, they used their badges to go to the front of the line at a Sony Style store to get a PS3. Crazy.

I guess that I have just had reverse crazy luck. I've been able to get my hands on 3 non-launch PS3s, and I passed on another. I have been able to get them for co-workers. I'm still unsure if I want one yet, or if I should get a 1080p hdtv first. Anyhow, I'm looking for a Wii for a Christmas present if anyone can give me a heads-up. Don't care to camp out in the early morning either.

That's the only condition on getting a wii, ;)

Or be a UPS delivery guy. I went to the Gamestop in Rockville in the plaza where CompUsa was and the delivery guy dropped off a box at the counter for the Gamestop employee to sign for. I then heard the UPS guy tell the GS employee, "If those are Wii's I'd like to buy one." The GS employee opened them up and pulled out a Wii to sell to the UPS guy.

Wonder how many stores the UPS guy has pulled that one at?

[quote name='jgamezcua']That's the only condition on getting a wii, ;)

Or be a UPS delivery guy. I went to the Gamestop in Rockville in the plaza where CompUsa was and the delivery guy dropped off a box at the counter for the Gamestop employee to sign for. I then heard the UPS guy tell the GS employee, "If those are Wii's I'd like to buy one." The GS employee opened them up and pulled out a Wii to sell to the UPS guy.

Wonder how many stores the UPS guy has pulled that one at?[/QUOTE]

lol. That's some comedy. I would have followed the UPS truck around and done the same thing.

WOOOOHOOOO I GOT A PS3!
iTracker said that the rockville local target got PS3's in last night so first thing in the morning i sent my dad (wake up that early? hell no!) and he was easily able to grab a 60GB! Hooray iTracker! My dad also met a fellow iTracker user (and a possible CAGer from what he was saying). WOOO HOOO!

PS3 60GB FTW!

[quote name='abhinav']WOOOOHOOOO I GOT A PS3!
iTracker said that the rockville local target got PS3's in last night so first thing in the morning i sent my dad (wake up that early? hell no!) and he was easily able to grab a 60GB! Hooray iTracker! My dad also met a fellow iTracker user (and a possible CAGer from what he was saying). WOOO HOOO!

PS3 60GB FTW![/quote]

Congrats of the ps3.

[quote name='abhinav']WOOOOHOOOO I GOT A PS3!

PS3 60GB FTW![/QUOTE]
Nice :p

The Gaithersburg Target will have PS3's on 12/10 in the morning right as they open. Dont know how many but i can bet they will go fast as iTracker is becomming more popular. The Wii has been more rare nowadays which is odd but shipments are still comming in (the EB games in Montgomery Mall had Wii's in yesterday but i was too late to post it) I'll try and keep this thread updated for PS3's and Wii's if i notice something on iTracker.

PS: Has anyone seen any wiimotes and nunchucks around?

[quote name='maxgle']dont you have to pay for itracker?[/quote]

No you dont, press the "Sign up for Free" Button at the top of the page then just toss in your zip code and it'll show you the info for free. If you want email alerts then it will cost you $2

[quote name='maxgle']thank you, that is wonderful. Hopefully I can score a wii soon.
Good luck everyone :)[/QUOTE]
Heads up, CC will have at least 20 in stock next Sunday :p

[quote name='abhinav']The Germantown Target will have PS3's on 12/11 in the morning right as they open. Good Luck. :D[/QUOTE]

they're all now gone (as of 9am) even tho itrackr is reporting as in stock.

I'd love to meet up with you guys, but I got off work after 7, so it's tough. Plus, I already made plan working out with friends at night.. :whistle2:\

[quote name='maxgle']I'd love to meet up with you guys, but I got off work after 7, so it's tough. Plus, I already made plan working out with friends at night.. :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't mean tonight...but sometime. We could get a good droup of gamers together, and help eachother out with deals CAG-style.

[quote name='lurknomore']Well, I didn't mean tonight...but sometime. We could get a good droup of gamers together, and help eachother out with deals CAG-style.[/quote]

That would be cool, a Metro area CAG meeting.

[quote name='lurknomore']Well, I didn't mean tonight...but sometime. We could get a good droup of gamers together, and help eachother out with deals CAG-style.[/quote]
Sounds good to me, you can buy me beer! Hooray beer! (I'm only 18 :))
I would be down to meet you guys sometime, we can all bring our PSP's (which so we so dont want to sell) and your DS's and what not! That or just beer.

iTrackr is definately the way to go if you're still looking for a PS3. I snagged a 60gb (only ten, all gone now) at the Target in Silver Spring.

[quote name='Stevesbored']iTrackr is definately the way to go if you're still looking for a PS3. I snagged a 60gb (only ten, all gone now) at the Target in Silver Spring.[/quote]

It still seems to be a miss on the Wii's though. :cry:

However, I guess it is possible that it is because the Gamestops are holding them for this weekend? Does anyone know who/how iTrackr is updating their listings?

for some reason my itracker never show up anything but the same location over and over and I even called to check.. hmm.. is itracker really reliable?? I have my doubts

My advice w/ iTracker is to check around 10pm to see if any inventories were recently updated (you'll see the orange or blue clock next to where it says: in stock) and then go when the store opens the next morning. I think a lot of the Targets in the area have been getting PS3s lately and are more reliable for inventory updates.

You're definately right, maxgle, some stores (EB/Gamestop, for example) don't update their inventory very well.

Good luck guys, I'll update if I see anything promising.

I've had no luck at all beyond my pre-orders for the Wii. Had to get one for my brother and myself, but still looking for one for my wife's nephew. No luck at all, and I don't think that he'll be happy with my open and played one. But I have been able to find PS3s for all of my co-workers who have been looking for one. Guess I will have to go early on a Sunday morning this weekend.

[quote name='lurknomore']I've had no luck at all beyond my pre-orders for the Wii. Had to get one for my brother and myself, but still looking for one for my wife's nephew. No luck at all, and I don't think that he'll be happy with my open and played one. But I have been able to find PS3s for all of my co-workers who have been looking for one. Guess I will have to go early on a Sunday morning this weekend.[/quote]

That would be your best bet, i can confirm that most stores have not got a shipment in for 1week+ which is rather odd but nothing can be done about it. Go early to CC and get that Wii.

[quote name='abhinav']That would be your best bet, i can confirm that most stores have not got a shipment in for 1week+ which is rather odd but nothing can be done about it. Go early to CC and get that Wii.[/QUOTE]

So how early is early enough to snag a Wii from a CC or BB in the DC metro area? I'm thinking a two hour advance would be plenty good enough.

[quote name='lurknomore']So how early is early enough to snag a Wii from a CC or BB in the DC metro area? I'm thinking a two hour advance would be plenty good enough.[/quote]

Be there by midnight if you really want one, two hours wont promise you anything. Considering that this is probably the last chance to get a Wii before Xmas will have grandmothers and other running out to get one.

I have a PS3 on hold for me at FYE. I am not going to get it, but if someone wants it, I will sell it to you for cost. It is a bundle with 2 games and a controller. This is the FYE in Arundel Mills Mall.

Let me know,
Matthew

bread's done
Back