Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='jgamezcua']Where's Montgomery Village?[/QUOTE]

it's in gaithersburg, near lake forest mall. anyway, they haven't gotten a shipment as of 2pm but it is still showing up as in stock on itrackr. dont know if it's just plain wrong or if the shipment is still in route. however, the employee i talked to said they're not getting a shipment until next week, so, someone is wrong in all this. guess we'll just have to wait and see who it is.

darn it.. miss the funcoland one this morning. I was stuck in traffic to work anyway. i am just going to place my bet on sunday morning at CC.. hope 6:30 is early enough to score one.

I moved from NW D.C. to Arlington and the kid at the Gamecrazy located in the Hollywood Video on Lee Hwy in Arlington said that he will be getting a shipment of Wii's on Friday (12-15-06).

Wow, DC area CAG's have been active. This is the most posts I have seen in my short career as a CAG.

We have had a few CAG's tell us their age, but what is everyone else's age. I am 30 something (don't like to get exact when you are getting old).

[quote name='thebob101']Wow, DC area CAG's have been active. This is the most posts I have seen in my short career as a CAG.

We have had a few CAG's tell us their age, but what is everyone else's age. I am 30 something (don't like to get exact when you are getting old).[/quote]

We dun found us an old man playin's our vidua games, durr :lol:

About the Wii, when i called i got some guy who said they got 2 and they sold out quick... dont know too much else as he was not very helpful

Hmm. Well done on the Wii at the Funcoland. Remember when Funcoland had all of that Nintendo and Genesis stuff. The good ol' days.

Anyhow, I just turned 30 this year. Long time video gamer, and long time video game collector. I have more sealed games than played games thanks to CAG.

i hear you lurknomore, i also got games that are still sealed and probably wont be played until PS4 is out. CAG is killing my wallet.

CAG has been a blessing and a curse. I have more Xbox games than I should have and most will never be played. Damn New Gen systems, makes me ignore my old consoles.

Do we all agree that the iTrackr for Wii and esp. with EB/GameStop absolutely sucks? I can't believe how inaccurate it is, or that employees are boldface lying to me.

[quote name='thebob101']CAG has been a blessing and a curse. I have more Xbox games than I should have and most will never be played. Damn New Gen systems, makes me ignore my old consoles.[/QUOTE]
QFT. I just bought Kareoke Revolution, it will never be played.
I'm 28

So, does anyone want to organize a CAG gathering for the Metro area? Looks like so far there is 3-4 30 somethings and 2-18 year olds. I am always up for meeting at a watering hole, but will go with the flow.

30 here work in Silver Spring and live in Fredericksburg.
Poor old consoles collect dust as the earlier posts suggest.
Anyone want to buy Capcom Vs Marvel 2 from me for the Xbox? :p.

[quote name='thebob101']So, does anyone want to organize a CAG gathering for the Metro area? Looks like so far there is 3-4 30 somethings and 2-18 year olds. I am always up for meeting at a watering hole, but will go with the flow.[/QUOTE]

Why don't we just wait until after the New Year? Christmas is seriously right around the corner, and I'm sure that we are all super busy through the holiday season. We can decide to meet up somewhere pretty neutrally located, maybe the Dave & Buster's in Rockville??? I haven't been there in years. Any other suggestions?

Has anyone been on CAG as long as I have when CheapyD was trying to push the CAG Meetups...what a disaster that was.

After christmas will definitly be a good idea. Maybe we can even host a tournament or something.. you konw, just to make it intersting..

start throwing in your idea here.

[quote name='lurknomore'] maybe the Dave & Buster's in Rockville??? I haven't been there in years. Any other suggestions? [/quote]
that sounds good to me. One of you will have to sign in us 18 year olds but you guys are 30 so that should be ok.

[quote name='bryenfury']
Anyone want to buy Capcom Vs Marvel 2 from me for the Xbox? :p.[/quote]

How much ;)

[quote name='lurknomore']Do we all agree that the iTrackr for Wii and esp. with EB/GameStop absolutely sucks? I can't believe how inaccurate it is, or that employees are boldface lying to me.[/quote]

I have been wondering that too. I think they are getting some in stock and are selling out and then not updating their systems so itracker still thinks they have them in stock.

Totally after the holidays. Dave & Busters sounds good, I haven't been there in years as well.

What happened to the meet ups with Cheapy?

If we wanted to run something ourselves, I am pretty sure I could get use of our church building for this. Alcohol would be off-limits though.

Let me know,
Matthew

[quote name='simpsonps121']If we wanted to run something ourselves, I am pretty sure I could get use of our church building for this. Alcohol would be off-limits though.

Let me know,
Matthew[/quote]

Alcohol is not important (although fun in moderation). A tourney would be a blast. Have to know what games so we could all practice up.

Any game would be fine... Ok, maybe not Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball, or Rumble Roses...

What systems do we all own?
Me - Xbox/360/PS2/GC
Matthew

I got one at the Tyson's Corner Circuit City, I was the third one there and they only had 10 for sale. Around 40 people ended up showing up before CC put up the 10 for sale sign.

yep. I was finally able to score one for my baby brother and any family member who may be looking for one. Finally! :-({|=

The target at Wheaton had 15, and the line went easily 50++. Gamestop had 6, but by the time I left, the line went well above that. Circuit City had 10. When I got there, there were already more than 10 people in line at CC. I'm glad I didn't wait in that one. There was barely anyone at Target, when I got there. Well, most were waitting in their cars. :cool:

I was working on my project with a friend last night. When he went home, he called me and told me he just drove by the Gaithersurg Bestbuy, and he saw about 50ish people already lined up for wii.. it was only 12:30Am too... some crazy people.

[quote name='maxgle']I was working on my project with a friend last night. When he went home, he called me and told me he just drove by the Gaithersurg Bestbuy, and he saw about 50ish people already lined up for wii.. it was only 12:30Am too... some crazy people.[/quote]

Rockville and Gaith are the hardest places to get anything i think, too many CAGers and FWers here.

Congrats local gamers...looks lke my wife's nephew will not get his Wii. I was able to get one for my brother and myself, but...getting a third has proven to be just too difficult.

[quote name='maxgle']Good Morning Everyone! Happy Monday![/quote]

I just had my Bio exam, their is nothing happy about this monday

[quote name='abhinav']I just had my Bio exam, their is nothing happy about this monday[/QUOTE]
There is for me XD A day off! Last exam is on Wed (History -_-). Anyways, how did the bio and the rest of the exams go so far?

[quote name='boozi']There is for me XD A day off! Last exam is on Wed (History -_-). Anyways, how did the bio and the rest of the exams go so far?[/quote]

I am getting my ass kicked lol. Gears of War on insane is nothing compared to this... maybe it's the lack of sleep but i might have a heart attack if i don't stop studying lol. I have one more exam then i go back home to my PS3/360/Wii :D

[quote name='abhinav']I am getting my ass kicked lol. Gears of War on insane is nothing compared to this... maybe it's the lack of sleep but i might have a heart attack if i don't stop studying lol. I have one more exam then i go back home to my PS3/360/Wii :D[/QUOTE]
Same here XD Just need to get a Wii and my vacation will be complete! But yeah, I'll probably work during the vacation. Need the money badly :whistle2:\ Manga/game money lol. Have to save up for next year as well -_-

OK fellas, gotta request, rather a question here? I'm only asking because some of you are like ninjas about getting your hands on things. I want to get myself one of those micro RC helicopters, the Picooz or however it is spelled...have any of you seen this sucker anywhere? I've been to two TRUs(Columbia and Gaithersburg), and they have not had them...anyone know if any of the other local TRUs have them in stock, or if I can find them elsewhere locally. Thank you shopping ninjas.

[quote name='lurknomore']OK fellas, gotta request, rather a question here? I'm only asking because some of you are like ninjas about getting your hands on things. I want to get myself one of those micro RC helicopters, the Picooz or however it is spelled...have any of you seen this sucker anywhere? I've been to two TRUs(Columbia and Gaithersburg), and they have not had them...anyone know if any of the other local TRUs have them in stock, or if I can find them elsewhere locally. Thank you shopping ninjas.[/quote]

Lurknomore has lost his mind and is now making up words (or is that me.) First off what the hell is a Picooz and secondly why am i afraid said thing might come and kill me in the night?

UPDATE: Later bouts of insanity lead me to look up said "Picooz" (who names these things?) and i discovered this!
xrotor_lg.jpg

I still think it might try and kill me... i just know what to look out for now.

[quote name='abhinav']Lurknomore has lost his mind and is now making up words (or is that me.) First off what the hell is a Picooz and secondly why am i afraid said thing might come and kill me in the night?

UPDATE: Later bouts of insanity lead me to look up said "Picooz" (who names these things?) and i discovered this!
xrotor_lg.jpg

I still think it might try and kill me... i just know what to look out for now.[/QUOTE]
Mehhhhhhhh dude........... Why am I so cheap that I didn't get that Wii from you? -__________________-

[quote name='abhinav']Lurknomore has lost his mind and is now making up words (or is that me.) First off what the hell is a Picooz and secondly why am i afraid said thing might come and kill me in the night?

xrotor_lg.jpg

I still think it might try and kill me... i just know what to look out for now.[/quote]

What in God's name is that thing and what does it do?

[quote name='thebob101']What in God's name is that thing and what does it do?[/quote]

I think it is supposed to fly... or atleast teach our future generations to fight in air based oil wars.

[quote name='boozi']Mehhhhhhhh dude........... Why am I so cheap that I didn't get that Wii from you? -__________________-[/quote]

Agreed, i did give you a sweet offer their, a wii at normal price a few days after launch. Missed deals huh.

[quote name='cleaver']Does anyone know which Best Buys have/are sold out of the hardcover Zelda guide?[/QUOTE]

As of a few days ago, I saw them at the Germantown BB....YMMV now though.

[quote name='abhinav']I think it is supposed to fly... or atleast teach our future generations to fight in air based oil wars.

Agreed, i did give you a sweet offer their, a wii at normal price a few days after launch. Missed deals huh.[/QUOTE]
Yes -__-.... Anyways, what did you end up doing with it?

[quote name='boozi']Yes -__-.... Anyways, what did you end up doing with it?[/quote]

my parents got impatient and returned it...:drool: (and yes they regret it now)
It seems that some mom randomly at the store at the time snaged it for whatever reason so i hope it went to some kid for xmas or something like that.

[quote name='abhinav']my parents got impatient and returned it...:drool: (and yes they regret it now)
It seems that some mom randomly at the store at the time snaged it for whatever reason so i hope it went to some kid for xmas or something like that.[/QUOTE]
GAh................ They could have profited from it quite a lot :X And now I'm pissed at myself for trying to save $40, which is not 100% sure anyways @_@

Oh how i hate you lurknomore, for some reason i got the amazing idea to show my dad that picooz video off youtube and he wants one... I have to track down that stupid thing now... oh you sly bastard. This thing better be freaking sweet or i will be pissed.

[quote name='abhinav']Oh how i hate you lurknomore, for some reason i got the amazing idea to show my dad that picooz video off youtube and he wants one... I have to track down that stupid thing now... oh you sly bastard. This thing better be freaking sweet or i will be pissed.[/QUOTE]
Meh, he got you a PS3.... The least you can do is get him a picooz, right? :p

bread's done
Back