Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

Good question. The best I know of in driving range (which isn't saying much these days) would be Dave & Busters in Bethesda.

There's also a used arcade machine store at the end of Port Royal Rd. in Springfield.

Yeah, dave and buster's naturally.

Have you been to that store on port royal? My parents live close by to there. Is it past the UPS depot?

So let's start seriously talking about a CAG meetup? Anyone want to throw out some places and/or dates? I'd like to get something done before Valentine's weekend....as if it doesn't happen before then, I'm thinking that it will never happen. Anyhow, so what are we thinking?

I know that we've tossed around the idea of the Dave & Buster's in Rockville/N. Bethesda....any other ideas?

///

[quote name='lurknomore']So let's start seriously talking about a CAG meetup? Anyone want to throw out some places and/or dates? I'd like to get something done before Valentine's weekend....as if it doesn't happen before then, I'm thinking that it will never happen. Anyhow, so what are we thinking?

I know that we've tossed around the idea of the Dave & Buster's in Rockville/N. Bethesda....any other ideas?

///[/quote]

I would want dave and busters, we can get something to eat and then game at the arcade for a while and gang rape pick clean EB games or something. Hey lurk if your going to the fred Walmart snag a few extra Micro's and i know i would like to pick one off you at the meeting.

I am up for anything, D & B wouldn't be bad, gives us something to do and maybe we could trade/sell some games to each other, talk about helping each other out with deals, etc.

I think that D&B's is the place. There was only one exception to the place, and that was before we started talking seriously about a meetup. Anyhow, this will allow our fellow CAGers who are not of legal age to join us...and we'll have something to do, if we don't care to actually hang out with one another. :) I haven't been there in ages, nor have I been to an arcade in ages either. Anyway....let's throw out some times and dates of interest, and we can hammer that out also.

Okay, who is organizing this thing?

I am usaully out and about with my band (The Vicious Martinis) playing so anyone interested in meeting, just shoot me a message and I will get try to get you on the guest list to one of our shows.

Let's make an agenda of what we hope to get accomplished by meeting. The idea of meeting is cool because we all like gaming (to some degree), we all should be able to get along (everyone should display their best behavior) and not ditch each other (unless someone is a total creep) and have a good time meeting other CAG folk. At least it will be good to set up a network to help each other out with deals.

So, let try to get something together.

I entirely agree with theBob101. I think that we should work out what we want to do, an agenda...not to be nerdy about it, just so that it's not a total waste of anyone's time...and that we can get somethings accomplished. So let's throw some ideas as to what we want to do....I'd like to swap emails, tradelists, gamertags....play some DS and PSP games....

Anyhow....it looks like D&B is the place. There will be no more talk of that. Let's talk dates now. This way we'll have some more motivation to get together and plan for things. How does Saturday, February 24th sound? It is the weekend after Valentine's Day weekend....and a month gives us more than enough time for us all to schedule to be there. How's that sound....

Feb. 24 sounds good to me.

I would like to exchange Live gamertags, possibly trade some games and meet everyone, not to mention I love their buffalo chicken wrap! I don't have a PSP or a DS, but that doesn't bother me if everyone else does.

We should also put our trade lists up (I know some of you have yours posted already, but this would make it easier for us folks). I would be looking for some guides.

Hey I just added a bunch of you guys to my Live Friends list. I would definitely be interested in trading some games. I've had some nice hauls of xbox,ps2,gc, ds, psp lately and need to unload them. That date sounds good. Hey not sure if you guys know this or not but you can add people via you avatar LIVE link by double clicking on it. It brings up your gamercard and allows you to add to your friends or etc. Cool never noticed that before!

[quote name='thebob101']I don't know if I have class that day or not. If I do, it would have to be a bit later. Probably around 3:00 pm.[/QUOTE]

Because you thebob101 have shown interest and initiative about this, I say that 3:00pm be the time.

Where: Dave & Buster's, White Flint Mall, Rockville/N. Bethesda, MD

When: Saturday, February 24th @ 3:00 pm

I suggest that anyone that is interested in coming to go to the Dave & Buster's website, and sign up for their loyalty or whatever program. I looked at it briefly and it mentioned something along the lines of a free $10 powercard for their games. I'll post more details when I get home.

[quote name='abhinav']Isnt 3pm a bit late if we want to eat at D&B?[/quote]

I have to see if I have class, if the rest of you meet earlier so be it. I will get there when I am able. It's not a big deal, hopefully, most of you will still be there.

Does anyone else have a time problem. Let's start posting a confirmed attendee list.

Also, post agenda topics and things you would like to trade/receive so we don't go into this blind.

So far. we have myself and lurknomore confirmed for Feb. 24, 2007 time to be determined (somewhere between 1 & 3 pm).

Anyone else, trade lists, wants/needs, etc...

Weather permitting, I will make the trip to Rockville from Northern VA. My wants and haves are below. Used for my new is fine as long as they are in excellent condition. THanks

Nice description of interests lurknomore " Baseball, Fantasy Sports, Video Games, Sports". Sounds like we have a lot in common, ha. I'm in NOVA so I may swing by. Hard to pass up a trip to D&Bs.

Hey I think I can make it too. I have some import games, I'll make a trade list. D&Bs is fun, they have tons of light gun games.

I will try my best to be their (as i probably already mentined) but on a better note, GO BUY PHOENIX WRIGHT! It is a great game, so far it's not as funny as the first game but it has new features so i am not complaining. Anyways go buy it.

Hi Guys,
I have a favor - is anyone close to the Beltsville CC? Their inventory tracker says they have Wii's in stock, but they claim not to have any when I call. It is about 35 minutes away from me, so I can not make a "run" down there. Anyone else willing to check on this?

Thanks,
matthew

Long story short: I bought a Wii, thought it was broken, bought another one, found out only the remote was messed up on the first one, returned the broken remote in my spare remote packaging, and now I have another Wii brand new, unopened in the package. I'm in DC (NW U-Street area), is anyone here looking for one? I'd love to put it in the hands of another CAG instead of a random on Craigslist.

On a side note, I'll see if I can make the D&B trips.

FYI for any CAGs who like to hit up the Rockville CompUSA

I was there this weekend and saw they have a new clearance bin of console/PC games. Some for $5 or less I think

The only ones worth mentioning were Mercenaries (PS2 & Xbox), City of Heroes, Batman Begins, FFXI Chains of Promanthia.

They had several diff games but those were the only ones that caught my attention.

Anyone near an EB games or Gamestop please check up on these games when you go next time, i am trying to get them USED on the Xbox with their recent deal (B2G1):

mercenaries
fable lost chapters
Indigo Prophecy
Psychonauts
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Phantom Dust
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

Less than 3 weeks till the meetup! I am putting together a trade list, but mostly just want to meet other CAG folk, have a few beers and play some games.

1st Washington DC area CAG meetup

Where: Dave & Buster's, White Flint Mall, Rockville/N. Bethesda, MD
Map
D & B website

When: Saturday, February 24th @ 2:00 pm

Bring items for trade or sale. Check lists to know exactly what you would like from someone or just bring yourself to meet and greet.

Will Attend:

thebob101
lurknomore
cleaver
StealthGear
Sc4rfac3
FRUAD_WHATS_THAT
Mark from Goozex

Maybe-

luffy_kun
abhinav
HarassmentPanda
boozi
Tron999
goosedude

Unknown-

jaeguyoon
adidas
emd081603
CaucAZN
maxgle
sidlon
jgamezcua

Not Attending-

simpsonps121

Alright - I saw FLC, but there was no instruction manual. There are lots of Mercenaries available. What other 17.99 games would you want?

Matthew

Yea, I am not going to be able to come. I have other commitments that Sat.
:whistle2:( But if this happens in the future, I will try to make it.

Matthew

Come on fellas. The excitement over this has died down some. What's there to be nervous about? There has to be more in the area that can commit to this.

This meet-up is a great way to say thanks and show our appreciation to CAG and the CAG community, I think. Think about all of the savings. I'm going primarily to hang out, and touch base with some of y'all so that we can help each other out on the major deals in the area. That in and of itself will make the trip worthwhile for me.

Maybe someone wants to make a banner so that we can throw it on our CAG signatures to get the word out on this meet-up. Anyone skilled enough, or have the time?

[quote name='lurknomore']Come on fellas. The excitement over this has died down some. What's there to be nervous about? There has to be more in the area that can commit to this.

This meet-up is a great way to say thanks and show our appreciation to CAG and the CAG community, I think. Think about all of the savings. I'm going primarily to hang out, and touch base with some of y'all so that we can help each other out on the major deals in the area. That in and of itself will make the trip worthwhile for me.

Maybe someone wants to make a banner so that we can throw it on our CAG signatures to get the word out on this meet-up. Anyone skilled enough, or have the time?[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. Other areas have tried to set up meetups with no success. As I said earlier, I PMed Cheapy and he is pretty stoked about it. I owe a lot to CAG and so does my wallet. I couldn't imagine going back to paying full price for games. I don't think any of us will bite so come on out and match faces with screen names.

I just stumbled upon this local thread again.

A meetup sounds like a fine idea. I'll try to make it, too.

Edit: Another thought
You might want to contact the Goozex guys. They are local, and more importantly, they are gamers and CAG sponsors.

bread's done
Back