Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

Signs are pointing to no for my attendance.

Taking off from work early on Friday is one thing. Cutting a swath through Friday rush hour up to White Flint is another.

Have fun, guys! Perhaps the third time will be the charm.

[quote name='jmiller80']Signs are pointing to no for my attendance.

Taking off from work early on Friday is one thing. Cutting a swath through Friday rush hour up to White Flint is another.

Have fun, guys! Perhaps the third time will be the charm.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a good point. Better switch me to a no. I'm coming from over an hour away. The next one should be on a saturday or something.

MjC

Any CAGs from northern VA know a good place to pick up the wireless MS headset and if it is worth it? I have heard mixed reviews from friends and other CAGs some say it great or a wireless and others say you can hear a lot of background noise and friends on XBL can't hear you right.

Just a repost of the original announcement:

2nd Washington DC area CAG meetup

Where: Dave & Buster's, White Flint Mall, Rockville/N. Bethesda, MD
Map
D & B website

When: Friday, June 1st @ 5:30pm

Bring items for trade or sale and this time, someone needs to bring a camera. Check lists to know exactly what you would like from someone or just bring yourself to meet and greet. Last meetup, a couple of purchased a bunch of stuff. I have already hooked up a guide purchase.

Also, if you have a lot of stuff to trade/sell, think about parking in the top floor of the parking garage with the D&B entrance. That would be the easiest if everyone parked there and we could have all of the cars around each other to get our stuff. I know I have a ton of guides and games I am going to bring and I have too many to bring into D&B.

So, now we will start the attending/not attending list:

Will Attend:

Mark and Jon from Goozex
jgamezcua
thebob101
abhinav

Maybe-

jlarlee
boozi
lurknomore
iguanaDitty

Not Attending-

cleaver
MCalvert1
jmiller80

hey guys...we can make it friday...but we might be running late...maybe around 6:00.

Saturday during the day also works for us and might be the best for all the maybes & no's...

does changing it to Saturday afternoon throw things off? If it does, then disregard this question....

[quote name='Goozex']hey guys...we can make it friday...but we might be running late...maybe around 6:00.

Saturday during the day also works for us and might be the best for all the maybes & no's...

does changing it to Saturday afternoon throw things off? If it does, then disregard this question....[/quote]

I think changing it to Saturday afternoon would be the best thing. What time do you think is best. 3:00, 4:00 or 5:00? I will edit all of the posts once we decide. I will also PM everyone about the change once it is decided.

Although I would prefer Friday over Saturday on a personal level, my schedule is pointing to the contrary. I will definitely be able to make it on Saturday whatever the time is....but Friday, I'm still iffy about. Eager to hear what others have to say.

[quote name='thebob101']I think changing it to Saturday afternoon would be the best thing. What time do you think is best. 3:00, 4:00 or 5:00? I will edit all of the posts once we decide. I will also PM everyone about the change once it is decided.[/quote]

Cool, let's run with 3:00 if that's good. I will also try to get a mass email invite to all our md/dc/va members to come out....hopefully it's not too late.

Repost with new time-

Map
D & B website

When: Saturday, June 2, 2007 @3:00 pm

Bring items for trade or sale and this time, someone needs to bring a camera. Check lists to know exactly what you would like from someone or just bring yourself to meet and greet. Last meetup, a couple of purchased a bunch of stuff. I have already hooked up a guide purchase.

Also, if you have a lot of stuff to trade/sell, think about parking in the top floor of the parking garage with the D&B entrance. That would be the easiest if everyone parked there and we could have all of the cars around each other to get our stuff. I know I have a ton of guides and games I am going to bring and I have too many to bring into D&B.

Will Attend:

Mark and Jon from Goozex
thebob101
abhinav
cleaver
jmiller80
jlarlee
GloveBox
MCalvert1
MaxBiaggi3
GenDV138

Maybe-

boozi
lurknomore
iguanaDitty
Sc4rfac3

Not Attending-

jgamezcua

Switch me to "will attend". There's a chance of work getting in the way, but all signs currently point to go.

[quote name='jlarlee']I'm in and bringing a professional-grade camera. Bring your laptops and I can firewire you the photos at the end[/quote]

Awesome. I am going to let Cheapy know that we are doing it again. I am stoked to see everyone again. This time I will be prepared with trade stuff and a camera.

Glenn

I should be able to attend now. My wife and I are planning to be in Rockville for the weekend. I'll bring some stuff to trade, and wear some kind of video game related T-Shirt. So someone wave me over if you spot a 6' tall scrawy white guy wandering around aimlessly.

MjC

I got this email from Goozex! Nifty!

This Saturday, Jon and Mark from Goozex and the GoozCast, will be meeting up with friends from the CheapAssGamer community at Dave & Busters in Bethesda, MD.

We are excited for the chance to meet local Goozex members in person and introduce ourselves to you. Now is a great chance to find out about the behind-the-scenes at Goozex and share your feedback about the site.

We understand this is short notice and hopefully you'll be able to stop by and say hello! Please send any questions about this to [email protected]

Here are the details:

Where:
Dave & Busters
White Flint Mall
Bethesda, MD
Metro: White Flint (Red Line)
http://www.daveandbusters.com/Locations/Default.aspx?Loc=0009

When:
3:00 pm Saturday, June 2

Who:
Anybody!

See you there!

~Goozex Team~
Go go goozex.

[quote name='thebob101']2nd Washington DC area CAG meetup. . .[/QUOTE]

Exciting stuff. I'll have to dig through my last gen duplicate pile and see what/if anything I have that someone might be interested in. Please CML. :D

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Exciting stuff. I'll have to dig through my last gen duplicate pile and see what/if anything I have that someone might be interested in. Please CML. :D[/quote]

I take this as a attend. Fantastic, see you then.

[quote name='MCalvert1']I should be able to attend now. My wife and I are planning to be in Rockville for the weekend. I'll bring some stuff to trade, and wear some kind of video game related T-Shirt. So someone wave me over if you spot a 6' tall scrawy white guy wandering around aimlessly.

MjC[/quote]

Let's meet at the same place as last time -- by the corner of the bar that is closest to the mall entrance.

[quote name='Goozex']Let's meet at the same place as last time -- by the corner of the bar that is closest to the mall entrance.[/QUOTE]

never been there so I will try to find it. If you see a guy with a big honking black backpack and a redsox hat thats me. I got my camera for class so I will be trying some photo techniques out on you guys. Also if you all know of some good places in the area that I can shoot at in the area let me know.

I am stoked to meetup again. I just met up with jgamezcua (great to meet you Juan!) and bought some guides (kind of a pre-meetup purchase).

I think meeting at the same corner is great. I don't know what I am wearing, but for those who didn't come last night, I have a goatee, really short dark hair and will have a beer in hand, lol.

Not going to make it after all. Got some nasty sickness the past couple days and can't really speak at all. Sucks, I was looking forward to it.

...hopefully next time...

Hope it goes well!

Repost -

Map
D & B website

When: Saturday, June 2, 2007 @3:00 pm

Will Attend:

Mark and Jon from Goozex
thebob101
abhinav
cleaver
jmiller80
jlarlee
GloveBox
MCalvert1
MaxBiaggi3
GenDV138
lurknomore

Maybe-

boozi
Sc4rfac3

Not Attending-

jgamezcua
iguanaDitty

Hey Goozex and CAG guys...I had a f-ing great time with you all at Dave & Buster's. I am sorry that I had to jet after only being there for 2 hours. Geez, but it was a great time once again...and I feel like we've got a pretty good thing going. One of these days we'll actually get around to playing games, instead of just drinking $7 beers and shooting the shit.

Thanks to everyone for coming out. You all are really becoming friends. Special shout-out to Goozex for hooking me up again, and....a super-dooper Pokemon hello to our fellow CAG klam and the two chicks.

I had a great time too, we played some games after you left lurk and i had a great time. I have to remember to bring games for trade next time, meeting up with the goozex folks was great, hopefully we can get the pictures online soon.

Yeah, I had a blast hanging out with everyone from CAG and Goozex! Just want to thank everyone for hanging out and Glenn for setting it up, as well as CDs for everyone from his band. I'll try to post more often in this thread. Feel free to add my gamertag if anyone else has a 360 and wants to play some games sometime.

Hopefully, I'll have some stuff to trade/sell next time. I think what was suggested is a good idea, making tradelists for the meetup so everyone knows what everyone has to trade. Looking forward to the next meetup!

Donnie

It was great again! Hanging with everyone was really cool. The swap meet in the parking lot was totally cool! We should definitely start hooking each other up with deals from our specific areas. Looking forward to seeing all of you again.

Jon and I had a lot of fun yesterday...awesome to see everyone and best of all is that it got bigger in terms of number people showing up. We had some great crossover from CAG/Goozex/GameTZ...

How's this for the next party -- get your game on at a LAN center -- there is apparently a big one in Rockville.

...for some reason my arm is killing me from playing too much Time Crisis...need to stretch before that game...

anybody else listen thebob's cd? -- great driving cd and why is your singing voice completely different from your speaking one...?

jlarlee sent me the pics and i'll get them posted up somewhere soon...is there a way i can do that here?

[quote name='Goozex']

anybody else listen thebob's cd? -- great driving cd and why is your singing voice completely different from your speaking one...?
quote]

Thanks, and I get that a lot, lol.

[quote name='thebob101'][quote name='Goozex']

quote]

Thanks, and I get that a lot, lol.[/quote]

What band are you in?

528809704_0cef112245_b.jpg

Ah, looks like I missed another great time. BOOHOO

Oh well, my brother was happy, and we ended up moving into our new house on Sat. (Wife sprung that idea on me...)

Matthew

Yeah good times were had by all, I'm glad we moved it to Saturday. Thanks to thebob101 and MaxBiaggi3 for hooking me up with some guides.

Noteworthy was the shattering of the record for most females at a DC area CAG meetup with two, truly a Beamonesque jump from the previous record, which was zero.

bread's done
Back