Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']

I was in White Marsh Target this weekend (next to no clearance if I remember correctly) and was in Cockeysville Target one month ago (not much luck).

[/QUOTE]

White Marsh's clearance for games is usually way down by the books. Last time I checked they had Sly Collection, Vanquished, Split Second, Super Street Fighter 4, Killzone 2, Battlefield 2 all on PS3 on clearance and a bunch of Wii shovel ware.

[quote name='Atherius']Is there an official group/outing going down for the Play concert? I know there is mention of lawn seating - is anyone interested in an official gathering? I'd also be down for a carpool or train pool kind of dealio.

- J[/QUOTE]

It's less than a month away, so it should be a good time to get an official post going. I know there are 3-4 of us who already have tickets. For those of you still interested, here are the details:

PLAY! A Video Game Symphony
1551 Trap Rd
Vienna, VA 22182
Date and Time: Friday July 8th, 2011. 8:30pm (should probably meetup sooner)

As mentioned, be sure to get the lawn tickets; they are the cheapest and most flexible in terms of getting a group together. As for transportation, I was considering taking the Metro + free shuttle over, but if there's a solid carpool plan, I could go with that, too.

[quote name='The Great BM'] As for transportation, I was considering taking the Metro + free shuttle over, but if there's a solid carpool plan, I could go with that, too.[/QUOTE]

What area are you coming from? I'm in Pentagon City, and thinking of metroing it up as well.

[quote name='Atherius']What area are you coming from? I'm in Pentagon City, and thinking of metroing it up as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm coming from Union Station. Depending on how many of us are metroing, we could either meet at a station beforehand, like Rosslyn or Metro Center, or meet at West Falls Church, where the shuttle picks people up.

I got my ticket - happy to meet at Rosslyn or West Falls Church. Actually any stop is fine, I think Metro only charges you by the place you exit, not the time spent on the train.

[quote name='enemyofusall']haha yeah at the damn mall (shoot me) graduated college last year and i work for min. wage, this job market blows![/QUOTE]

Which mall?

That's awesome. Well the not being able to find the job you want isn't, but I walk through that mall every day. I live across the street. I really like the area. I work in Downtown DC, but the mall is a daily venue for me.

[quote name='enemyofusall']I work at the fashion centre the one in pentagon city (shoot me) graduated college last year and i work for min. wage, this job market blows![/QUOTE]

What's your degree in?

[quote name='Atherius']That's awesome. Well the not being able to find the job you want isn't, but I walk through that mall every day. I live across the street. I really like the area. I work in Downtown DC, but the mall is a daily venue for me.[/QUOTE]

I tend to frequent the Montgomery County malls more, though I agree that Pentagon City is a very nice mall.

I used to work in one of the building across the street from the mall, and it does get ridiculously busy, especially during the spring when all the schools decide to take their class trips to DC. I do like that it has the only Gamestop I've been to that annually gives away their leftover pre-order bonuses.

[quote name='The Great BM']I used to work in one of the building across the street from the mall, and it does get ridiculously busy, especially during the spring when all the schools decide to take their class trips to DC. I do like that it has the only Gamestop I've been to that annually gives away their leftover pre-order bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's insane! Saw the panama soccer team there 2 weeks ago, was pretty cool haha. Haven't really frequented the gamestop much but may have to check it out.

@ mm2barry
No WoW but I am going to get into Starcraft 2 one of these days, not sure if you play though.

[quote name='enemyofusall']Yeah it's insane! Saw the panama soccer team there 2 weeks ago, was pretty cool haha. Haven't really frequented the gamestop much but may have to check it out.

@ mm2barry
No WoW but I am going to get into Starcraft 2 one of these days, not sure if you play though.[/QUOTE]

i have been done with RTS games since Age of Empires 1 and Warcraft 2. I just don't like the genre. if there's something original out there, I might be interested, but the repetitive gather resources-build stuff-attack enemy is just too old of a mechanic for me.
i heard good things about Warhammer: Dawn of War, but i have a mac and don't really game on it at all (outside of Diablo 2 and WoW).

yeah I hear ya, always wanted to try an mmo but eh, everyone I have talked to said they completely consume your life haha so I pass, and the $ factor obviously.

[quote name='enemyofusall']Anyone want to buy the Mortal Kombat Tournament edition fight stick? Would love to deal it locally :)[/QUOTE]

depends what you want for it. Trade or buy?

[quote name='enemyofusall']I work at the fashion centre the one in pentagon city (shoot me) graduated college last year and i work for min. wage, this job market blows![/QUOTE]Hey, don't think I meant you before in the thread. Eh, I've been out of college for three years (Electrical Engineering type degree) and my job doesn't even fully utilize my degree. I've been trying to find a new job all year but continue to get shot down (at least I get the interviews).

[quote name='bvharris']
I tend to frequent the Montgomery County malls more, though I agree that Pentagon City is a very nice mall.[/QUOTE]I really need to visit Pentagon City Mall. I went there on my DC trip in middle school back in 1997. Had some funny/memorable moments there, so I've been wanting to return. But since I stick to the Capital Beltway area or Maryland, I never went there. Might just bite the bullet and go tomorrow.

I go to malls all over MD. I mostly stick to Arundel Mills/Columbia Mall, but I've been to (first 9 I went to 5+ times):
-Arundel Mills Mall
-Columbia Mall
-Marley Station Mall
-Westfield Annapolis
-White Marsh Mall
-Towson Town Center
-Lakeforest Mall
-Westfield Montgomery
-Tysons Corner
-Westfield Wheaton
-Tysons Galleria
-Gallery at Harbor Place
-Queenstown Premium Outlets
-Potomac Mills Mall
-Harford Mall
-Town Center at Westminister
-Bowie Towne Center
-Beltway Plaza (so shady)
-PG County Mall
-Owings Malls Mall (lol)
-Laurel Mall (big lol)

and other tiny little malls.

[quote name='enemyofusall']Anyone want to buy the Mortal Kombat Tournament edition fight stick? Would love to deal it locally :)[/QUOTE]I need a fight stick for my PS3. I haven't thought about the MK one, but was looking for a BlazBlue one (which you can't find).

After looking at your tradelist, I should have left AC Brotherhood for you (I just recently traded it to Amazon).

Last edited by a moderator:
@ The Mana Knight

Yeah I am newish to this thread haha I used to be in the Pennsylvania thread until I moved haha. Now I sorta frequent both since I have been coming home quite often to get stuff sorted out for my wedding :) Yeah getting a job is rough, I always get the "well you need experience blah blah blah". Like how does one get experience if no one hires those with very little exp? Yeah it's a decent mall but since I work in one of the Dept. stores I avoid it at all costs on my days off haha.

[quote name='enemyofusall']@ The Mana Knight

Yeah I am newish to this thread haha I used to be in the Pennsylvania thread until I moved haha. Now I sorta frequent both since I have been coming home quite often to get stuff sorted out for my wedding :) Yeah getting a job is rough, I always get the "well you need experience blah blah blah". Like how does one get experience if no one hires those with very little exp? Yeah it's a decent mall but since I work in one of the Dept. stores I avoid it at all costs on my days off haha.[/QUOTE]
I have relatives from PA (NW and Pittsburgh, area), along with me traveling to Hershey Park and snowboarding in the state.

I use to go back and forth getting my stuff while in college, but now its hard living 10 hours away.

I will get to the mall one weekend, just need to revisit some other malls first. Did you ever go to Tysons Corner though? That mall is the biggest in the area.

[quote name='enemyofusall']Nope never have been to Tysons I dont think. Which one is in Woodbridge? I know there is a HUGE one there by the Ikea[/QUOTE]Potomac Mills. It's a very large outlet mall. It has the exact same layout as Gurnee Mills in Illinois if I remember correctly (been to both). It has great clothing stores, but I prefer Arundel Mills for some more unique stuff (like Medievil Times, Dave & Busters, etc.). I've been to that IKEA before. Woodbridge is just over a 1 hour drive for me, so I rarely go there. Drove passed there many times on my way to King's Dominion/Busch Gardens. I need to go back there to check out Painted Visions (mostly a comic book store, but I'm more interested in the figures and manga).

Tysons Corner is more like Pentagon City Fashion Mall (with the traditional mall stores), but MUCH larger.

Just moved up to the area and my NHL 11 got a perfect ring scratch on it. :whistle2:(. Anyone know any good places that fix scratched discs?

Edit: I live in Arlington in the Balston area. FYI.

Welcome to the area. :D I know what you mean on stuff getting damaged on moving, because I broke my PS3 USB headset when moving out here. :whistle2:(

I dunno much about the Arlington area for the stuff (was there yesterday for the first time since my DC trip years ago), but know of places around my area that could do it (which is 1 hour away though).

Welcome Big Matty
Shame what happened to such a great game haha. I didnt break anything moving down here but did lose things and am still randomly finding them haha. What system do you play nhl11 on>

[quote name='The Mana Knight']because I broke my PS3 USB headset when moving out here. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Not like anyone talks on PSN anyway, so it probably didn't make much difference. :twisted:

[quote name='Big Matty Kane']Just moved up to the area and my NHL 11 got a perfect ring scratch on it. :whistle2:(. Anyone know any good places that fix scratched discs?

Edit: I live in Arlington in the Balston area. FYI.[/QUOTE]

Welcome - sucks about the game. Where did you move from?

[quote name='G-Nitro']Not like anyone talks on PSN anyway, so it probably didn't make much difference. :twisted:[/QUOTE]I was the head of PSN game nights. We use to talk ALL the time during our game nights. The headset was a very big deal because the voice quality through it was ultra clear. Oh well, I just bought the official headset after that on Target Endwar clearance.

Shame I am not much of an anime fan, the place is like right next door to me haha

Edit: Anyone play BFBC2 on ps3? If so, I will be on tomorrow so we can play :) My psn is: WithMyLastBreath

Hey where are you guys checking out the fireworks this year? Don't really feel like going into DC, is there a place to see them from Arlington? I could probs see them from my balcony but a few buildings are in the way, haha.

Hey guys,
I'm looking to sell my Rockband/Guitar Hero collection. It comes with RB 1/2/ACDC, GH 3/World Tour/Metallica/Beatles/Van Halen/Aerosmith. 2 guitars, drums, microphone.
I'm looking to get $200 or best offer. Let me know if anyone's interested before I put it on Craigslist. I live in Annapolis, so I'll have to meet you guys halfway.
If you're interested in a trade, let me know what you're willing to give up.

I'm not going to use the Metro, I'll drive there. I'm not so happy with what happened the last time I parked in the Metro parking lot in Greenbelt, MD.

[quote name='coolsteel']Cut off for the 38 dollar prereg for Anime USA is today for those that feel like paying early[/QUOTE]Crap, I didn't know about that day. Oh well, I probably won't register until September.

[quote name='goober3']Hi all. Just started posting after over a year of lurking lol. Any CAGs go to College Park?[/QUOTE]I already graduated from college (Purdue University) a few years ago, but I am around the College Park area every once in a while.

[quote name='enemyofusall']Shame I am not much of an anime fan, the place is like right next door to me haha

Edit: Anyone play BFBC2 on ps3? If so, I will be on tomorrow so we can play :) My psn is: WithMyLastBreath[/QUOTE]I use to have it on PS3. My co-worker really loves it, but I was just terrible at it and didn't get into it (I'm not a big FPS fan though).

[quote name='The Great BM']I used to work in one of the building across the street from the mall, and it does get ridiculously busy, especially during the spring when all the schools decide to take their class trips to DC. I do like that it has the only Gamestop I've been to that annually gives away their leftover pre-order bonuses.[/QUOTE]

More info on this please?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']
Crap, I didn't know about that day. Oh well, I probably won't register until September.

[/QUOTE]

That reminds me Katsucon's 40 dollar rate ends on the 15th

[quote name='mm2barry']Hey guys,
I'm looking to sell my Rockband/Guitar Hero collection. It comes with RB 1/2/ACDC, GH 3/World Tour/Metallica/Beatles/Van Halen/Aerosmith. 2 guitars, drums, microphone.
I'm looking to get $200 or best offer. Let me know if anyone's interested before I put it on Craigslist. I live in Annapolis, so I'll have to meet you guys halfway.
If you're interested in a trade, let me know what you're willing to give up.[/QUOTE]

I could use some RB2 or GH guitars.

Hey guys, just wanted to let anyone meeting at the metro know, I won't be taking the shuttle. I'll be riding over - meet everyone on the lawn - 7ish?

I still might be taking the Metro shuttle, depending on traffic (I-66 is hell on earth). Either way, 7pm is fine. I might try to get there earlier, as I get paranoid about securing a good spot on the lawn.

bread's done
Back