Watch Sony E3 Press Conf Live in Select Movie Theatres June 9th: Free with Surprise GiveAways But Seats Are Limited & Must Register to Attend

I'll be visiting home the week of this, and the Missouri one is 5 minutes from where I'll be, but it's already sold out. Probably for the better, I have a hunch it'll be a keychain or poster given away, and not really sure I want to waste two hours of my vacation on this.
KC or STL sold out?

It's not in Aventura, it's deep in Miami on US 1 past UMiami. So even further for you, I'm used to the drive so it isn't that bad. After hearing that about it only being reserved for 15 mins, I'm sure I can get there early enough to get myself a spot.

Also, apparently the MSFT Store opening is tomorrow at 11am. There is a line up happening now near Macy's- people who camp out will get giveaways and the doorbusters are a Dell tab for $99 or a Surface Pro 2 for $199. If I didn't work, I'd be there right now for the surface.
I don't know about the Surface Pro 2, but the original Surface has a disabled persons' assistant automatically turned on by default that makes the tablet unusable for non-disabled people. Had to Google to find out how to turn it off.

My parents bought one of the refurbished ones off EBay listed in the other deals forum & returned it. That was a pain that ruined a lot of my time with my family a couple of weeks back.

That experience has put me off Surface permanently. If I ever get the money for something portable with a keyboard so I can type while away from my apartment I'll get a Chromebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about the Surface Pro 2, but the original Surface has a disabled persons' assistant automatically turned on by default that makes the tablet unusable for non-disabled people. Had to Google to find out how to turn it off.

My parents bought one of the refurbished ones off EBay listed in the other deals forum & returned it. That was a pain that ruined a lot of my time with my family a couple of weeks back.

That experience has put me off Surface permanently. If I ever get the money for something portable with a keyboard so I can type while away from my apartment I'll get a Chromebook.
May have been an issue with that one refurbished one.

The Surface RT and the Chromebook serve essentially the same purpose. On the topic of other deals, the Acer C7 Chromebooks can be had for cheap. I had one running Ubuntu on it w/ Office 2010 on Wine which was great, but the screen was ruined somehow in my backpack. I'd like to see about getting it fixed sometime.

I'm heading to the Waterford Lakes location.  I have a wide range of thoughts on what Sony might give away.  It could be as minimal as a keychain or (this one feels possible) some sort of Playstation Now subscription.

I'm looking forward to the theater setting as it may feel a little more "real", but I am a bit concerned about crowd behavior.

Snagged two for me and my woman for Nashville an hour or two after it was posted. 

Hope to see some CAGs at Nashville Opry Mills!

I'm heading to the Waterford Lakes location. I have a wide range of thoughts on what Sony might give away. It could be as minimal as a keychain or (this one feels possible) some sort of Playstation Now subscription.
I'm looking forward to the theater setting as it may feel a little more "real", but I am a bit concerned about crowd behavior.
I heard a rumor that a Battlefield Hardline(?) beta codes for ps4 would be given out ... rumored!

My prediction for the free gift: 3 months of PS+ and a digital copy of The Last of Us remastered (would fit the "surprise" aspect since it was supposed to be surprised revealed as coming out later this week before that UK company broke the news).

Thank you for attending the PlayStation® E3 Experience. Please register below by 11:59PM PT on 6/10/2014 to redeem your gifts. Your digital gift basket will include a Destiny First Look Alpha Code on June 12, a Battlefield: Hardline Beta Code on June 16, and a $5 PSN Voucher and 30 Day Music Unlimited Trial on June 18.

Thank you for attending the PlayStation® E3 Experience. Please register below by 11:59PM PT on 6/10/2014 to redeem your gifts. Your digital gift basket will include a Destiny First Look Alpha Code on June 12, a Battlefield: Hardline Beta Code on June 16, and a $5 PSN Voucher and 30 Day Music Unlimited Trial on June 18.
Yep, not worth the drive itself but I had fun anyways with the people there.

Had a great time at the showing in Atl, I wouldnt mind if this became a regular thing, that way I can feel like I'm "going" to a conference at E3

Eh, cool I guess. Went with me and two others and they don't have playstations so basically I got $15 PSN bucks free and some betas. Will be giving my extra beta/alpha codes away.

LOL, we must be a bit more laid back here. The audience's only excited reactions were for LBP and Uncharted. Other than that, the occasional laugh at the awkwardness of the presenters.

Maybe people were still annoyed by the crappy stream quality leading up to (and occasionally during) the live event. I can understand that: if I want hyper-pixellated video and garbled audio, Comcast delivers that in the comfort of my own home.

LOL, we must be a bit more laid back here. The audience's only excited reactions were for LBP and Uncharted. Other than that, the occasional laugh at the awkwardness of the presenters.

Maybe people were still annoyed by the crappy stream quality leading up to (and occasionally during) the live event. I can understand that: if I want hyper-pixellated video and garbled audio, Comcast delivers that in the comfort of my own home.
The garbled audio and pixelated video happened at the NYC event too.

big fail they should have aired these on spike like ms and ea atleast there i didn't have to worry about the video crapping out halfway into the conf. you'd think they would have set up a sat link to conf if they were going to hold these in theaters.

That being said if any of you have no interest in destiny and are feeling in a sharing mood I would love a code! (wouldn't mind hardline either!)

Sorry for the late reply, but I have a VIP code that I haven't redeemed from Monday night.  If anyone wants it (and is still useful for anything), PM me.

The code has expired by now. Silly I know.
WTF. There is no expiration date on the pass. I want my PSN credit. Way to thank the people that gave up their Monday night to watch your shitty video feed. Apparently Sony thinks they can take their rightful place now from Microsoft as the assholes of the gaming industry.

bread's done
Back