We had to import RPG Thread XII from Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='icebeast']I can totally foresee myself buying the game, but not owning a Vita to play it on, haha.

Even though, as I said, there is still a strong possibility I may just play the PS2 game, as I've been wanting to restart and beat that game for a while, but we'll see how I feel after finishing Dragon Age 2 which I'm really enjoying.[/QUOTE]

I think you missed my joke.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Chie > Aigis > Yukari > Elizabeth > Naoto > Yuko > those other noobs. Case closed.[/QUOTE]

Fuuka > all.

[quote name='ihadFG']Fuuka > all.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I forgot Fuuka, she deserves a spot though.

A new challenger approaches!

Sv2ixcG98M5U478Ojuv1M7Ky4kG2fY8p.jpg

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, I forgot Fuuka, she deserves a spot though.
[/QUOTE]

You also forgot Mitsuru, who most definitely deserves a spot.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, I forgot Fuuka, she deserves a spot though.

A new challenger approaches!

Sv2ixcG98M5U478Ojuv1M7Ky4kG2fY8p.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Fuuka would be me, if I somehow was magically transported into a videogame and became a girl.

We're both pretty small and timid... but I can at least make edible food. :3

And mmmmmmmmmari

[quote name='bvharris']More divisive subject among the RPG Thread community: Chie's attractiveness or Final Fantasy XIII's quality? Discuss. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wow uhmm...that's a lose lose situation.

[quote name='bvharris']More divisive subject among the RPG Thread community: Chie's attractiveness or Final Fantasy XIII's quality? Discuss. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That could be a pretty divisive subject in itself.

I don't think that matters now with Mari/Mary/Marie whatever is on the block. D:

[quote name='ihadFG']I think you missed my joke.[/QUOTE]

I got the joke, but I thought you were being serious as well.

--

Also, there's only one person that could dare to challenge Aigis for the top spot, it's a really close battle though. (Get ready for a picture explosion.)
12284948216531.jpg

2749%20-%20blond_hair%20brown_hair%20crossdressing%20hanamura_yosuke%20inner_tube%20kanji_tatsumi%20persona_4%20shin_megami_tensei%20souji_seta%20swimsuit%20teddie%20white_hair.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

5bf14570806535d6d0d912899a3704fa.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

HaruhiSuzumiya018.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

Smooooch001.jpg

[quote name='icebeast']I got the joke, but I thought you were being serious as well.
[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, I wasn't sure. :lol: I mean yeah, I am looking forward to the game, but it was mostly just a joke to go along with the bias thing.

[quote name='jello44']I don't think that matters now with Mari/Mary/Marie whatever is on the block. D:[/QUOTE]

Once the avatars start coming out, maybe we'll finally achieve peace.

[quote name='bvharris']Once the avatars start coming out, maybe we'll finally achieve peace.[/QUOTE]
The Catherine-Katherine Wars and the Final Fantasy XIII Crusade were just a precursor to the Battle of Marian Succession.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The Catherine-Katherine Wars and the Final Fantasy XIII Crusade were just a precursor to the Battle of Marian Succession.[/QUOTE]

True, though calling Catherine vs. Katherine a war is like saying the same of Hammer vs. Nail. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']True, though calling Catherine vs. Katherine a war is like saying the same of Hammer vs. Nail. ;)[/QUOTE]

What if I don't want to get hammered by the nail?

It's still incredibly jarring to learn that people who think Chie is hot are actually able to identity what a human female is supposed to look like.

Sorry... Old habits die hard. This war has waged so long that it has come to define me. :oldman: (hooray for finally finding a use for the old man emoticon).

[quote name='bvharris']It's still incredibly jarring to learn that people who think Chie is hot are actually able to identity what a human female is supposed to look like.[/QUOTE]

Attractive != Hot. Chie is not hot. She is cute, though, and her personality makes her attractive. Yukiko is hot without being slutty. Rise is hot and slutty.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']The new character's probably a trap considering Naoto is already a reverse trap.[/QUOTE]
if i were a good anime artist i would just draw a bunch of girls and then say "lol it's a guy" even though i drew them with a girl in mind

then my anime would be really popular!

[quote name='Backlash']Rise is hot and slutty.[/quote]
just how i like it!

[quote name='Backlash']Attractive != Hot. Chie is not hot. She is cute, though, and her personality makes her attractive. Yukiko is hot without being slutty. Rise is hot and slutty.[/QUOTE]

This.

I'm comfortable with the "Chie's personality is awesome, I would totally want her to meet my mom!" explanation (even if I never personally found her to have that much of a personality). But as far as "cuteness" goes, I'll never be able to get past the fact that she has the same perfectly round head as Karl Pilkington. It's a bridge too far. :D

[quote name='voltanis99']Is there any word on backwards compatibility for the Vita?[/QUOTE]

UMDs? No.

But you can DL PSP games off PSN.

[quote name='jello44']UMDs? No.

But you can DL PSP games off PSN.[/QUOTE]

Kind of figured that's what was going to happen :cry:. Guess I'm going to have to keep my PSP and get a vita

[quote name='bvharris']I'm comfortable with the "Chie's personality is awesome, I would totally want her to meet my mom!" explanation (even if I never personally found her to have that much of a personality). But as far as "cuteness" goes, I'll never be able to get past the fact that she has the same perfectly round head as Karl Pilkington. It's a bridge too far. :D[/QUOTE]

Well, at least no one thought Hanako was attractive...

...right?

[quote name='bvharris']It's still incredibly jarring to learn that people who think Chie is hot are actually able to identity what a human female is supposed to look like.[/QUOTE]

I know you're joking, but that statement is fairly offensive to transgender individuals as well as feminists.

[quote name='icebeast']I know you're joking, but that statement is fairly offensive to transgender individuals as well as feminists.[/QUOTE]

I was joking obviously, but I do apologize anyway for any offense just so there's no ill will. If you knew me, you'd know I could not possibly be more supportive of those groups. :)

I wonder if dudes sat around looking at the Mona Lisa back in the day and discussed how much they'd love to bone her or how hot she is? :whistle2:k

Real talk, I'd bust her guts up, then take her out to a nice dinner.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I wonder if dudes sat around looking at the Mona Lisa back in the day and discussed how much they'd love to bone her or how hot she is? :whistle2:k

Real talk, I'd bust her guts up, then take her out to a nice dinner.[/QUOTE]

There are volumes written about her "innocent" smile so I'd say yes.

[quote name='depascal22']There are volumes written about her "innocent" smile so I'd say yes.[/QUOTE]
Innocent? That trollop was anything but. :nottalking:

I bet plenty of men drizzled their icing onto her cake.

You could tell Mona Lisa was a slut though. Shit, she wasn't winning any fans with her face. So she's gotta make up for it on other areas, like giving great dome and riding strong and having a nice booty.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Innocent? That trollop was anything but. :nottalking:

I bet plenty of men drizzled their icing onto her cake.[/QUOTE]

The REAL reason it's kept behind glass at the Louvre.

[quote name='Backlash']The REAL reason it's kept behind glass at the Louvre.[/QUOTE]

I'd hate to be the guy who has to clean that up.

They'd better do it fast because it'll leave streaks if you don't clean it up right away.

[quote name='jello44']I'd hate to be the guy who has to clean that up.

Better they'd do it fast because it'll leave streaks if you don't clean it up right away.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like somebody is speaking from experience. :whistle2:#

[quote name='jello44']I'd hate to be the guy who has to clean that up.

Better they'd do it fast because it'll leave streaks if you don't clean it up right away.[/QUOTE]
Mental note, invest in screen protector for Vita.

So now that we know that Persona 5 is a thing that exists.. Wishlists?

At the top of my list is dynamic S. Links which actually pay attention to where you are in the story/your progress with other S. Links. I feel like our current-gen systems should be able to handle that.

Yeah, that's about all I really want in the way of improvements. I can't think of much else since that should also get us more in-depth S.Links as well.

I know a lot of people would like to see a non-High School setting. I'm kind of undecided on whether I think that would be an improvement or not. It would be interesting to see at the very least.

[quote name='bvharris']So now that we know that Persona 5 is a thing that exists.. Wishlists?

At the top of my list is dynamic S. Links which actually pay attention to where you are in the story/your progress with other S. Links. I feel like our current-gen systems should be able to handle that.[/QUOTE]
I want your S. Link progress to influence your party members' battle behavior in even more significant and granular ways. For me this was the best idea in P4 and the thing that really unified the two sides of the gameplay and elevated it above P3.

I'd also like to see more dynamic S. Links. The obvious place to go is with the dating aspect; other characters should be able to comment on and react to your relationship, and group social scenes should adapt to reflect it. But it doesn't have to be only about dating; to give a P4 example, taking an interest in Nanako should improve your standing with Dojima. I think it would be cool also to have BioWare-esque situations where you are forced to make a story decision that will please one character and offend another.

[quote name='bvharris']I know a lot of people would like to see a non-High School setting. I'm kind of undecided on whether I think that would be an improvement or not. It would be interesting to see at the very least.[/QUOTE]

A college setting could be interesting. The high school setting though gives a "control" factor. They have to be home, they can't be in the TV or other world constantly.

It helps explain why they do have to keep living their normal lives to a degree. They have parents, guardians, etc.

I'd like to see better variety of enemies in each area/dungeon. And more interesting dungeons. At least P4 had separate ones each with its own theme (graphics and music). But each one itself was fairly boring after the first few minutes and it seemed like I was fighting the same 3 or 4 enemies over and over again in each dungeon. I'm sure I'm exaggerating, but that's the way it felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back