We had to import RPG Thread XII from Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Hell Monkey']A college setting could be interesting. The high school setting though gives a "control" factor. They have to be home, they can't be in the TV or other world constantly.

It helps explain why they do have to keep living their normal lives to a degree. They have parents, guardians, etc.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. It's fun to think about other settings, but really I think the high school setting is integral to a Persona game working. It's the perfect balance between freedom and imposed structure. Because honestly, wouldn't you drop out of college to fight demons full-time if you thought the fate of the world depended on it.

Persona 2 didn't have a high school setting and worked great. I liked the grown up (mid 20s) setting. I also liked how it paired the characters together only at the very end via epilogue. I still recall being surprised learning that the boxer chick and the assian guy started a family tgoether and it's been like 8 years since I've played that game.

great dungeons too with trap floors/holes and darkness in a 3rd person perspective.

[quote name='eldergamer']Persona 2 didn't have a high school setting and worked great.[/QUOTE]
I guess by "Persona game" I mean in the style of P3 and P4, with the social-sim gameplay elements in the forefront. I've not played Persona 2 but my understanding is before P3 the games were straight JRPG dungeon crawlers.

[quote name='bvharris']It's still incredibly jarring to learn that people who think Chie is hot are actually able to identity what a human female is supposed to look like.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with a tomboy.

[quote name='Backlash']Rise is hot and slutty.[/QUOTE]

That's just wrong...
But so right
:drool:

[quote name='bvharris']I know a lot of people would like to see a non-High School setting. I'm kind of undecided on whether I think that would be an improvement or not. It would be interesting to see at the very least.[/QUOTE]

I think it would be interesting, even if it was still in a school setting, to have a more dynamic age spread. I love games where the heroes aren't all kids, and the characters are more of a rag tag bunch (just seems more fitting that way). Like even if it was still in a school setting it might be interesting to have a teacher or two on your team, and maybe the wise old principle fighting along side you too, haha.

I love that I've embroiled this thread in a hilariously trivial debate that will never end. Yes, I take full credit for it.

[quote name='62t']Am I the only who thinks Girls of Persona 3 > Girls of Persona 4?[/QUOTE]

Mitsuru is vastly hotter than anyone in P4, I'd go robo for Aigis, Yukari and Fuuka are okay although I'm not a big fan of either of their characters. I think P4 is still pretty even with P3 in that department, though. They're all attractive, none of them have annoying personalities, there's about even reason to prefer any of them. My Chie preference isn't any indication that I don't absolutely love the other P4 girls, which can't be said for my Mitsuru preference. The gulf between first and second in attractiveness in P3 is lightyears.

Hi Cheska! We miss you in the GGT!

-------
OT, the Persona fighter looks awesome. Hopefully it blends RPG elements and some characters will shoot themselves in the head for their supers.

[quote name='Cheska19']Mitsuru> everyone hahaha.

God dangit, so mad about the no female MC option in P4G :/[/QUOTE]

There, there, we're all disappointed. Though I imagine your reasons for wanting a FeMC were far less pervy than most of us here, so I do truly feel sorry for you, hah.

In the absence of an FeMC and thus absence of new romantic social links, I wonder how they're going to achieve 1.5x the amount of voiced material. Surely that can't all be Mary though........I don't think I'd mind, of course :p

[quote name='fwbweux']In the absence of an FeMC and thus absence of new romantic social links.[/QUOTE]

If only they'd let me romance Teddie (in any of his forms). :oops:

[quote name='fwbweux']There, there, we're all disappointed. Though I imagine your reasons for wanting a FeMC were far less pervy than most of us here, so I do truly feel sorry for you, hah.

In the absence of an FeMC and thus absence of new romantic social links, I wonder how they're going to achieve 1.5x the amount of voiced material. Surely that can't all be Mary though........I don't think I'd mind, of course :p[/QUOTE]

:sigh: Yeah, one of the reasons I liked P3P more than the original was because I actually felt like I could relate more to the characters. Plus, being able to go on dates with Shinjiro and Aki were a def plus. So not being able to share the same experience with Kanji and Yosuke is a bummer.

Oh and hai Joel! :D :D

[quote name='Cheska19']Plus, being able to go on dates with Shinjiro and Aki were a def plus. So not being able to share the same experience with Kanji and Yosuke is a bummer.[/QUOTE]

You seem to be missing someone...

IMG_0498.jpg

[quote name='icebeast']You seem to be missing someone...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, how could you forget Daisuke Nagase? Easily as romancable as any of the male main characters.

Also, I just typed his name into google image search to visually confirm that I wasn't mixing him up with another character. I don't recommend that anyone does the same :puke:

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hi Cheska! We miss you in the GGT!

-------
OT, the Persona fighter looks awesome. Hopefully it blends RPG elements and some characters will shoot themselves in the head for their supers.[/QUOTE]

If they do that, it better only be in story mode! I don't want any RPG elements when playing it online! :nottalking:

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']Is it bad that I liked Chihiro the most in Persona 3.[/QUOTE]

Not at all, she's at least above Yukari and Fuuka for me.

[quote name='distgfx']If they do that, it better only be in story mode! I don't want any RPG elements when playing it online! :nottalking:[/QUOTE]
Of course that's what I mean, bro. I'd hate for that deep shit clogging up all our real play.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Of course that's what I mean, bro. I'd hate for that deep shit clogging up all our real play.[/QUOTE]

Deep shit? I'd hardly call it deep, it's like your opponent has an unfair advantage right from the start. Kind of like shooters where you have to unlock weapons by playing it a shit ton.

[quote name='Cheska19']Mitsuru> everyone hahaha.

God dangit, so mad about the no female MC option in P4G :/[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Mitsuru is the best. The security cam footage of her are some of my favorite moments in P3 FES.

I'm still angry that my Female couldn't date Misturu.

[quote name='62t']Am I the only who thinks Girls of Persona 3 > Girls of Persona 4?[/QUOTE]
apparently i'm the only one who thinks all girls > one girl

[quote name='kainzero']apparently i'm the only one who thinks all girls > one girl[/QUOTE]

But Aigis is a robot so doesn't have a true gender, in reality you could probably transfer all her data to a male looking body and she would be the exact same person but now have a male appearance.

[quote name='icebeast']But Aigis is a robot so doesn't have a true gender, in reality you could probably transfer all her data to a male looking body and she would be the exact same person but now have a male appearance.[/QUOTE]

what is this i dont even

I think Persona 5 should be set in a trailer park in 1970's USA. The main characters are all unemployed white trash in their late 30s/early 40s that are all dissatisfied with their menial lives and yearn for something more. While cooking a bathtub full of meth, they all have an experience that unleashes their inner powers, and a triple wide trailer appears. Inside the trailer lies an altar that leads deep underground into a huge dungeon. What awaits them at the end?

The soundtrack is all Lynyrd Skynyrd.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I think Persona 5 should be set in a trailer park in 1970's USA. The main characters are all unemployed white trash in their late 30s/early 40s that are all dissatisfied with their menial lives and yearn for something more. While cooking a bathtub full of meth, they all have an experience that unleashes their inner powers, and a triple wide trailer appears. Inside the trailer lies an altar that leads deep underground into a huge dungeon. What awaits them at the end?

The soundtrack is all Lynyrd Skynyrd.[/QUOTE]

Can you summon Diago, the bird from Aladdin?

Also, hank, I think you just suggested that Persona 5 should be your life. Unfortunately, you have no powers, no skillset, and no future.

[quote name='Chacrana']Can you summon Diago, the bird from Aladdin?

Also, hank, I think you just suggested that Persona 5 should be your life. Unfortunately, you have no powers, no skillset, and no future.[/QUOTE]
Not yet. Gimme 7 or so years and a clean bathtub, and we'll see what's up. :cool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Not yet. Gimme 7 or so years and a clean bathtub, and we'll see what's up. :cool:[/QUOTE]

In the New Game+, do you bang your relatives?

[quote name='Chacrana']In the New Game+, do you bang your relatives?[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah. And your New Game+ will be magnificent because your sister is so fiiiiiiiiiiiine. :drool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Oh yeah. And your New Game+ will be magnificent because your sister is so fiiiiiiiiiiiine. :drool:[/QUOTE]

The password is "KNOCKERS"

3962-7468.gif

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I think Persona 5 should be set in a trailer park in 1970's USA. The main characters are all unemployed white trash in their late 30s/early 40s that are all dissatisfied with their menial lives and yearn for something more. While cooking a bathtub full of meth, they all have an experience that unleashes their inner powers, and a triple wide trailer appears. Inside the trailer lies an altar that leads deep underground into a huge dungeon. What awaits them at the end?

The soundtrack is all Lynyrd Skynyrd.[/QUOTE]

I'm OK with this.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Chie is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird.[/QUOTE]

Chie has small knockers.

[quote name='panzerfaust']kain what was that nazi girl game you were playing?[/QUOTE]
daiteikoku!

the british leader is a nice girl.
5423843440_62e8cc6dd7.jpg

[quote name='Hell Monkey']And she can take off her hat. You can't take off your stupid! :shame:[/QUOTE]

I felt the heat from that burn.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']How sweet is this.
[/QUOTE]

If by sweet you mean "weird as all hell" then very. :D

Sounds like Corpse Party to me (the few comments on the video seem to agree).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back