Weekly GameQuestDirect/CAG Offers - Expire 8/6/07 - GOW2 (PS2) $29, GUN (360) $14...

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
All prices listed are after coupon discount. Coupon listed in bold:

Weekly Offers - Expire 8/6/07
Gun (360) $13.99 - CAGGUN
Hoshigami Remix: Running Blue (DS) $18.99 - CAGHOSHI
Konductra (DS) $8.99 - CAGKON
Family Guy (PSP) $13.99 - CAGFAMILY
Big Brain Academy Wii Degree (Wii) $38.99 - CAGBBA

Bonus Offers!
God Of War II (PS2) $28.99 - CAGGOD
Legend Of Dragoon - Greatest Hits (PS) $4.99 - CAGLOD
Legend of Heroes (PSP) $14.99 - CAGHEROES
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2 (PSP) $18.99 - CAGBRAVO
Quake 4 (360) $13.99 - CAGQUAKE

Shipping rates

Standard coupon codes - No expiration
CAG5 - $5 off $50.00 or more
CAG10 - $10 off $100 or more
CAGship - Free shipping orders $75 or more

Other GQD Threads on CAG - Please save this thread for discussion of the above promotion
The GameQuest Direct Reprints Thread
GameQuestDirect wants to win the CAGs back - Feedback requested

[quote name='4tygames']Maybe, but it doesn't really matter because you will not be able to tell the difference. Nintendo does not use security strips.

I have had a hard time finding this game at gamestores and at a reasonable price. I was wanting to pick the game up after watching some videos on IGN, but I was not going to pay $30 for it. I think the game is definitely worth the $13 shipped.[/quote]

It's called a joke. :(
[quote name='Doomed']Is Koductra a reprint? I don't want to buy stocks and think video games are a good investment.

On a serious note, is Kondtuctra any good?
...[/quote]

Nope. Coupons won't stack at all.

[quote name='willardhaven']Can we stack the CAG coupons? IE free shipping + 10 dollars off?[/quote]

[quote name='nectarsis1']I bought mine at Walmart : )[/quote]Yeah, I was about to say, "I just saw Hoshigami at Wal-Mart the other day"

[quote name='bardockkun']Hm, is Legend of Dragoon worth that much new and shipped for me?[/QUOTE]

I'm going with yes.

Very tempting deal on God of War 2...very tempting...

Wondering if they will eventually let you stack coupons...especially for individual games. Ultimately it would probably save them money...it doesn't make sense to have to send out three games all separately, all separate postage, separate packaging, manpower handling each envelope individually.

For example, media mail probably costs them about two bucks a game, add another 50 cents or so for packaging and time involved, and they make about a dollar to a 1.40 on the shipping.

Up the extra game charge to a buck, or a buck and a quarter, and they can recoup that on the shipping end, and allow people to order multiple games with multiple codes...

legend of dragoon is tempting, but i have like 3 copies of this already, cant beat $4.99 though!! anyone have any inputs on legend of heroes? any good?

Hoshigami Remix:Runnig blue for 18.99 and Legend of dragoon 4.99 is really nice deal i've been meaning to get LOD, but getting it new would be nice also how is Legend of Heroes is it any good I might get it dunno.

Glad their doing this special i'll also be getting drakengard and demikids:Light & Dark also since demikids are GBA games I'm wondering anyone ordered gba games from them before? did the box and manual get damaged? I'm hoping they come in ok shape..

I'm really tempted to bite on that GOW II deal.... but I know I'm not going to get to play it for several months anyway (my playlist is too long).

Okay, I've read every post and still don't know...who/what is this site? Are these new games? Is there a catch?

I wouldn't mind some of these-Quake 4 and Family Guy, etc.

wonder if they got all of those ps1 games off TRU. i know TRU was selling dragon for 5 each sealed awhile back : )

legend of heros is an okay game. got all 3 parts but yet to really play them. part 1 just took to long to get into (was mostly a fetching game for the first part) do this to join our club

Is there anyway to apply two coupons at once as I can't seem to apply CAGHEROES and CAGLOD for legend of dragoon and legend of heroes. I don't wanna pay 5.99 shipping twice. If you can't stack coupons then its hardly a deal after shipping.

[quote name='NoRain']Is there anyway to apply two coupons at once as I can't seem to apply CAGHEROES and CAGLOD for legend of dragoon and legend of heroes. I don't wanna pay 5.99 shipping twice. If you can't stack coupons then its hardly a deal after shipping.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, I would get a few games probably, but I don't want to pay for shipping separately. The USPS shipping at 3.99 hurts the deal for just one item.

No, there isn't. I asked a chat rep with GQD and he didn't offer any explanation, just, "1 coupon per order."

[quote name='NoRain']Is there anyway to apply two coupons at once as I can't seem to apply CAGHEROES and CAGLOD for legend of dragoon and legend of heroes. I don't wanna pay 5.99 shipping twice. If you can't stack coupons then its hardly a deal after shipping.[/quote]

Well, I picked up Legend of Dragoon. I've never played this game either except in a Wal-Mart once a few years back for about 15 minutes. From what I can remember, it was a fair RPG.

I can't believe you people are buying from these thugs. They're singlehandedly destroying game collecting as a hobby. The worst is when they reprint games, then list them on ebay as being original, getting $100+ dollars for them but then listing more and more so that the price eventually goes down and the people who bought for $100 can never get their money back. They should be required by law to put REPRINT on the case/manual/disk so that people know they aren't getting the real thing.

I built up a collection of most every rare PS1 game through LEGITIMATE means, and I hate having these douches swoop in and devalue them.

Legend of Dragoon is tempting, hopefully it will last till next week, when I get back to my apartment (I don't want packages coming when I'm away).

And I think what they're doing is great for gamers because more people get to play the rare gems. And it has hurt me too, I watched as my original Disgaea crumbled in price, but as a gamer I would never sell it anyway, and more people playing the first meant more demand for #2.

I would prefer them be labelled (then I could get a reprint even cheaper), but that is probably up to the distributer, not the seller anyway.

[quote name='JCDenton']
I built up a collection of most every rare PS1 game through LEGITIMATE means, and I hate having these douches swoop in and devalue them.[/quote]

And this is why I'm happy I sold just about my entire original PS1 collection for good money and/or good trades at the time while their values were excellent. I'm rebuilding my collection thanks to GS's 75% off clearance, but I wouldn't mind picking up a replacement Valkyrie Profile if it's reprinted...or a reprinted Suikoden II.

Interesting offers, I'd get Legend of Dragoon if I hadn't found a mint copy for $2 or so at GS a few months ago.

[quote name='JCDenton']I can't believe you people are buying from these thugs. They're singlehandedly destroying game collecting as a hobby. The worst is when they reprint games, then list them on ebay as being original, getting $100+ dollars for them but then listing more and more so that the price eventually goes down and the people who bought for $100 can never get their money back. They should be required by law to put REPRINT on the case/manual/disk so that people know they aren't getting the real thing.

I built up a collection of most every rare PS1 game through LEGITIMATE means, and I hate having these douches swoop in and devalue them.[/QUOTE]

Good grief, I didn't realize there were people out there who actually collect on purpose. Sure, they stack up in time; but that's just a by-product. I'd really be pretty leary of GQD, but it isn't because of any reprint issues. Consistency matters more then flash in the pan deals. Websites are a dime a dozen. We'll see if this "consumer-friendly" stuff lasts 3 months, 6 months or even a year.

[quote name='JCDenton']I can't believe you people are buying from these thugs. They're singlehandedly destroying game collecting as a hobby. The worst is when they reprint games, then list them on ebay as being original, getting $100+ dollars for them but then listing more and more so that the price eventually goes down and the people who bought for $100 can never get their money back. They should be required by law to put REPRINT on the case/manual/disk so that people know they aren't getting the real thing.

I built up a collection of most every rare PS1 game through LEGITIMATE means, and I hate having these douches swoop in and devalue them.[/QUOTE]

Good grief, I didn't realize there were people out there who actually collect on purpose. Sure, they stack up in time; but that's just a by-product. I'd really be pretty leary of GQD, but it isn't because of any reprint issues. Consistency matters more then flash in the pan deals. Websites are a dime a dozen. We'll see if this "consumer-friendly" stuff lasts 3 months, 6 months or even a year.

Thugs?? I'm glad somebody is reprinting these so I don't have to spend a fortune buying them from the "benevolent" collector's. I hope they do ruin game collecting (in the manner you speak of), so I can get games for reasonable prices, to play.

If you want to collect games fine, just don't get upset when your games drop in value due to a reprint or rerelease. Game collecting is a bad investment.

Collecting games as an investment is nearly 1/10th as stupid as buying games to get "Achievement Points". :)

I have a collection...of games I actually always want to be able to play. When I finish a game, I just think whether I'll ever want to play it again, or if it has any real sentimental value for me.

I know I'm going to sound like a n00b here, but what do you guys mean by reprint? Do you mean reprint like when Capcom reprinted Phoenix Wright after high initial demand or does this website itself make games? I'm a little confused...

[quote name='prateeko']I know I'm going to sound like a n00b here, but what do you guys mean by reprint? Do you mean reprint like when Capcom reprinted Phoenix Wright after high initial demand or does this website itself make games? I'm a little confused...[/QUOTE]

few years back they came on and made it seemed they found a box of

PERSONA 1 and A musical adverture game and seemed like its a great deal buying off them for 50 bucks. They knew these games were reprints and was worth a lot less BUT was acting like these were the first prints and they was worth a lot of cash.

they also $#$#$# people over (myself included) by sending broken games and refusing to take them back) They billed people for more copies then they ordered and refused to take them back and did more stuff to #$#$# people over

[quote name='prateeko']I know I'm going to sound like a n00b here, but what do you guys mean by reprint? Do you mean reprint like when Capcom reprinted Phoenix Wright after high initial demand or does this website itself make games? I'm a little confused...[/QUOTE]
they go straight to the publisher and pay upfront for a certain number of copies of a certain game. Only difference is that it is missing the white sticker for ps1 and ps2 games as sony no longer uses them.

http://www.siliconera.com/2006/01/16/the-business-of-reprints/

From the other thread, someone told me it's just a normal reprint. They're just ordering more copies from the publisher it sounds like.

Personally I don't understand why anyone cares if a game is a so-called "original" or a reprint. I don't care about Greatest Hits packaging either (other than Micriosoft's 360 Platinum packaging is really terrible-I mean it looks as bad as something I could make :D )

[quote name='msdmoney']Thugs?? I'm glad somebody is reprinting these so I don't have to spend a fortune buying them from the "benevolent" collector's. I hope they do ruin game collecting (in the manner you speak of), so I can get games for reasonable prices, to play.

If you want to collect games fine, just don't get upset when your games drop in value due to a reprint or rerelease. Game collecting is a bad investment.[/QUOTE]

This is no different than if they had reprinted rare baseball cards and tried to pass them off as original. After all, why not just reprint a pile of Mickey Mantle rookie cards so people can have them and not have to "spend a fortune" buying them from collectors?

What they did with Persona and Rhapsody was no less than fraud. I can't believe anyone would support them trying to pass off their counterfeit games as original copies. If you're going to buy from GQD, you may as well just mod your system and DL the games off of bittorrent. The CDR you burn will be worth just as much as one of these GQD fakes.

[quote name='msdmoney']Thugs?? I'm glad somebody is reprinting these so I don't have to spend a fortune buying them from the "benevolent" collector's. I hope they do ruin game collecting (in the manner you speak of), so I can get games for reasonable prices, to play.

If you want to collect games fine, just don't get upset when your games drop in value due to a reprint or rerelease. Game collecting is a bad investment.[/QUOTE]
Well said. I don't get people wanting to deny others the chance to play a game, just to keep prices up. There are easier ways to make money.

[quote name='JCDenton']This is no different than if they had reprinted rare baseball cards and tried to pass them off as original. After all, why not just reprint a pile of Mickey Mantle rookie cards so people can have them and not have to "spend a fortune" buying them from collectors? [/quote]

It's completely different. Do we have to go through all the reasons why? I mean actually, I don't even know...maybe it's not different. I would have no problem with them reprinting those cards either. If it's the same thing, the same paper, the same printing process, who cares? It's the people silly enough to "invest" in a baseball card that lose out.

What they did with Persona and Rhapsody was no less than fraud. I can't believe anyone would support them trying to pass off their counterfeit games as original copies.

These aren't counterfeit, that's ridiculous. They're completely real, legal copies of the games.

If you're going to buy from GQD, you may as well just mod your system and DL the games off of bittorrent. The CDR you burn will be worth just as much as one of these GQD fakes.

What the hell? These games aren't fake, and they're worth every penny as much as a so-called original. They ARE originals. Stolen games are completely different.

I guess the question becomes is there a big enough market for these games from people who actually want to buy and own the game, or is it just people who think they're going to make a magical profit selling games on ebay?

And it occurs to me that Microsoft should start charging for their "achievement" points. They'd get people investing in them too. Just cut out the middleman of bad licensed games that idiots keep snapping up for "achievement points"

Wow, some people are very angry.

If you're collecting because you prize having these hard to find games in your collection, that isn't going to change if they're reprinted. You know you have an original copy, so who cares if other people have reprints?

If you're collecting because you like having games worth a lot of money... sell them? I don't see what it matters to you if a game loses its value unless you were waiting for some unknown time in the future to sell instead of now.

[quote name='JCDenton']This is no different than if they had reprinted rare baseball cards and tried to pass them off as original. After all, why not just reprint a pile of Mickey Mantle rookie cards so people can have them and not have to "spend a fortune" buying them from collectors?

What they did with Persona and Rhapsody was no less than fraud. I can't believe anyone would support them trying to pass off their counterfeit games as original copies. If you're going to buy from GQD, you may as well just mod your system and DL the games off of bittorrent. The CDR you burn will be worth just as much as one of these GQD fakes.[/QUOTE]

No it's not the same, the whole point of Baseball cards is collecting, the point of video games is for mass market consumption. Baseball cards are intentionally kept rare because the entire market is based on collecting, video games aren't intentionally kept rare (except for Atlus maybe) because a company wants to sell as many copies as they can of their game. This distinction between the two is the reason there is a major difference between reprinting a Mickey Mantle rookie card and reprinting a game. Reprint a Mickey Mantle rookie card as if it's an original and you ruin your reputation and piss off the entire baseball card market, which is only based on the collector's. Reprint a game, and you make most of the gaming market happy, since they can finally find a copy of a hard to find game, while pissing off an infinitesimal fraction of the gaming market overall.

I don't know what the other issues were with GQD, but they are unrelated to your original point of a company reprinting games.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What the hell? These games aren't fake, and they're worth every penny as much as a so-called original. They ARE originals. Stolen games are completely different.[/QUOTE]

No, the original games are worth MUCH more. Compare prices on any rare game that got made into Greatest Hits. The real original games held much of their value but the Greatest Hits versions would sell for less than half the price often. People clearly value having a real original game from the manufacturer's print run.

These GQD games are not originals, they are reprints that GQD is trying to pass off as originals. At least the Greatest Hits games still came from the original company....these GQD games aren't from the original company and are worth even less than Greatest Hits games. The problem is that due to GQD's fraudulent practices, people have no way to tell their games apart from the REAL ORIGINAL games, so the prices of the real original games go down because people are always worried that they might be GQD fakes.

Haven't you noticed that the price ALWAYS goes down after GQD pollutes the market with fakes? People don't want to get stuck with one so they're not willing to pay as much because of the chance they might get a fake. It's the same reason that Polo and Lacoste shirts are cheaper on Ebay than in a store. There is so much fake Polo and Lacoste on Ebay that it makes people not willing to pay as much because they don't want fakes....they'd rather buy in a store and pay more to get something they know is real.

How dare other gamers get to enjoy the game that I have shrink-wrapped on my stuff! This industry is about ME ME ME

[quote name='botticus']Wow, some people are very angry.

If you're collecting because you prize having these hard to find games in your collection, that isn't going to change if they're reprinted. You know you have an original copy, so who cares if other people have reprints?

If you're collecting because you like having games worth a lot of money... sell them? I don't see what it matters to you if a game loses its value unless you were waiting for some unknown time in the future to sell instead of now.[/QUOTE]

i mostly just collect just to collect them

i got

FF X and FF X-2 both non greatest hits sealed with no plans on opening and grabbed a FF 12 non greatest hit sealed
same with disgaea 1 and 2

i just like having them for my collection

though i think the box art should change so you know its a reprint

I don't much care about a reprint, I care that these morons LIED about "finding an unopened crate" of Persona 2/Rhapsody and then charged full, no-it's-not-a-reprint price of $50 for each game.

They're liars and I'm ashamed to see CAG continues to officially endorse business with these crooks.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']I don't much care about a reprint, I care that these morons LIED about "finding an unopened crate" of Persona 2/Rhapsody and then charged full, no-it's-not-a-reprint price of $50 for each game.

They're liars and I'm ashamed to see CAG continues to officially endorse business with these crooks.[/QUOTE]
that was under the old management. The new management talked with cheapyD first

They were charging 89.99 for Rhapsody on Ebay for a few days before everyone caught on. Persona 2 was 79.99. That's one of the major problems people have with them, and the reason they had to lie about it in the first place

Dave

bread's done
Back