Welcome to the Northwest USA Regional Video Game Deal Forum!

[quote name='Danro']If Boise, ID is considered NW, then ive got it covered :D[/QUOTE]

pretty sure it is, and im from meridian idaho, right next to boise.

[quote name='levi333']Representing the Willamette Valley of Oregon (Lebanon to be exact).[/QUOTE]

hot damn, it is a small world. my parents live in lebanon, and i used to about 8 years ago. amazing :)

[quote name='AJA iALAC']I know of 3 places in the area, one specifically in Tacoma.

In Tacoma there is a Vietnamese Deli off of 38th. From I-5 head towards the East Side (opposite way of Tacoma Mall). I don't know the exact cross street, but I do know that it's past the next Freeway overpass and it's on a corner, left side, and I think across the street from a Tatoo place (?), a beauty salon, and maybe a pool hall (?). Small joint. Obviously, if you hit Pacific Ave, you've gone way too far. The cheapest of three. BBQ pork sammich was $1.75 last I went.

There is also a place in Federal Way off of 320th. They serve pho as well and bubble tea if you're into that. It's shortly after the I-5 overpass on the right side in the same area as that one movie theater. There's also a Coldstone and a Marie Calendar's in that section. The restaurant is right near a Soccer specialty store. More pricey, but they have a better variety of sammiches.

The last one is farther up north, but not as far as Seattle. It's in Kent within the Great Wall Asian shopping center. I forget the exit, but it's off of 167, same exit as a hospital and Ikea. If you were heading northbound, you'd take a left from the ramp and then another left at the next light. Great Wall will be on your left. Nice place to go if you want to sample some different Asian food too. Oh! And they have an Asian grocery where you can get tasty desserts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I'll have to check that one on 38th out next time. Pho... pho is everywhere lol good stuff though. For anyone interested in Boba though, wendy's 2 right next to the tacoma mall is probably the best for price that I've had.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Just started working at the Gamestop across from Bestbuy in Burlington. So if any of you CAGs in the area wanna stop by and say hey, feel free to. I'll be the guy without a nametag standing around like an idiot trying to figure out what to do.[/QUOTE]

And by what name should I look for you to bother you with. Funny thing is that I know most of the other guys working there and almost got hired had I not gotten the costco job.

[quote name='sonderiaom']And by what name should I look for you to bother you with. Funny thing is that I know most of the other guys working there and almost got hired had I not gotten the costco job.[/QUOTE]

I'm Justin. I also knew almost all the guys there before I started.

[quote name='sarkenobi']I've been there once. On a trip to Fry's. The repackaging into BlockBuster boxes means you need to get your hands on official PS2/Cube/Xbox boxes if you're anal about that like I am. Other than that, I bought 8 games there. I haven't bought 8 games anywhere ever. Good deals. Plus you can see if it includes the manual/instert cause they have them outside of the boxes.[/QUOTE]

I have never had a problem getting xbox cases with my used games, you just need to ask them

So does anyone go to arcades anymore? Gameworks is pretty nice 'specially when abusing the time cards, so is the one in puyallup. Though since they took out mvc2 I don't go there anymore

[quote name='DV8']So does anyone go to arcades anymore? Gameworks is pretty nice 'specially when abusing the time cards, so is the one in puyallup. Though since they took out mvc2 I don't go there anymore[/QUOTE]

funtastia in 99 by aurora village on 208th is the only place i know anymore with decent arcade units. They have percussion freaks, beatmania, and some lightgun games.

[quote name='y2kenjination']I heard Illusionz is the best arcade in Washington. Man, do I miss Quarters...it's so sad to see the arcade scene dying in the US.[/QUOTE]

Can't say I've heard of that. Do you know where it's located?

But yeah man, I remember nickel arcades. So I'm assuming no one games in the arcades anymore? It'd be cool if some CAGs just got together and played in the arcade.

I remember Illusionz, I just went there for my senior trip. It's an awesome place with putt-putt and lazer tag. Damn, you just reminded me of all the tickets I had from Quarters

[quote name='sonderiaom']I remember Illusionz, I just went there for my senior trip. It's an awesome place with putt-putt and lazer tag. Damn, you just reminded me of all the tickets I had from Quarters[/QUOTE]

Crazy. I went there for my grad night as well 2 years ago.

I used to live in arcades. Not much time for them nowadays. But in Portland I go to Wunderland and Ground Kontrol and be arcade happy.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Crazy. I went there for my grad night as well 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]

I went there for my grad night also back in 2003.

[quote name='ryan838']I went there for my grad night also back in 2003.[/QUOTE]

Chances are that each of ours was handled by the same company, makes sense really, they probably have a contract with Illusionz. Still haven't had a chance to come out and bother you justin, found myself to be busy in school.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Chances are that each of ours was handled by the same company, makes sense really, they probably have a contract with Illusionz. Still haven't had a chance to come out and bother you justin, found myself to be busy in school.[/QUOTE]

Even if you had the time I probably wouldn't be there anyway. Sergio hardly ever schedules me (working Thurs from 5 to close). He said I'll be working more starting next week, I'm not holding my breath though.

I think Illusionz is in Issaquah...I need to go there someday. Funny how someone mentioned Funtasia. I worked at the one in Edmonds for about a year (2001-2002).

I used to be a mall rat from 7th to 9th grade...hung out at the arcades every Friday and Saturday night, playing all the latest Capcom fighting games. It was all about Marvel vs Capcom and Tekken back then. It's sad that the Alderwood Mall's arcade got shut down...they had a decent selection, and pretty good competition too.

A CAG meetup sounds cool. Perhaps we can all meetup at Game Works or something.

[quote name='y2kenjination']I think Illusionz is in Issaquah...I need to go there someday. Funny how someone mentioned Funtasia. I worked at the one in Edmonds for about a year (2001-2002).

I used to be a mall rat from 7th to 9th grade...hung out at the arcades every Friday and Saturday night, playing all the latest Capcom fighting games. It was all about Marvel vs Capcom and Tekken back then. It's sad that the Alderwood Mall's arcade got shut down...they had a decent selection, and pretty good competition too.

A CAG meetup sounds cool. Perhaps we can all meetup at Game Works or something.[/QUOTE]

Too bad it wasnt a day sooner, we could of all met up and nerded out at the video games live concert.

[quote name='y2kenjination']I think Illusionz is in Issaquah...I need to go there someday. Funny how someone mentioned Funtasia. I worked at the one in Edmonds for about a year (2001-2002).

A CAG meetup sounds cool. Perhaps we can all meetup at Game Works or something.[/QUOTE]

We could probably do the Illusionz too if more people live up there. I wouldn't mind driving to seattle to game, but I dunno if there's really that many people here to get together from seattle.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Even if you had the time I probably wouldn't be there anyway. Sergio hardly ever schedules me (working Thurs from 5 to close). He said I'll be working more starting next week, I'm not holding my breath though.[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks, just wait till mid-november or something, you'll get a some more hours.

[quote name='DV8']We could probably do the Illusionz too if more people live up there. I wouldn't mind driving to seattle to game, but I dunno if there's really that many people here to get together from seattle.[/QUOTE]

That'd be cool, I wouldn't mind getting over there again, however it'd prob be hard with schedules and all that.

[quote name='sonderiaom']That'd be cool, I wouldn't mind getting over there again, however it'd prob be hard with schedules and all that.[/QUOTE]

Winter break in a couple months, I'm sure even working people could get a weekday off. More than enough time to at least find out if there's enough people to go. I'd hope 10 could hope and maybe 5 could show up.

I'm from Portland (Actually Gresham) Oregon, just moved from Eugene, Oregon, used to live in Tacoma and Seattle WA, and grew up in Yakima. Whew, talk about a whirlwind tour of the NW.

To anybody who has been to a Wunderland Arcade in Portland, are all the games actually a nickel? Or are they somthing like 5 nickels for this game, 10 nickels for this, etc.?

[quote name='Archgarth']I'm from Portland (Actually Gresham) Oregon, just moved from Eugene, Oregon, used to live in Tacoma and Seattle WA, and grew up in Yakima. Whew, talk about a whirlwind tour of the NW.

To anybody who has been to a Wunderland Arcade in Portland, are all the games actually a nickel? Or are they somthing like 5 nickels for this game, 10 nickels for this, etc.?[/QUOTE]

Acutally Gresham isn't Portland. It's the metro area. If you don't actually have a Portland, OR address where your mail goes to, you ain't from Portland. HEH.

About Wunderland, some games are a Nickel. And some games are 4 nickels, those are the big ones. But all of them only accept nickels. Just depends on the type of game. No 20 nickels games there.

[quote name='sarkenobi']Acutally Gresham isn't Portland. It's the metro area. If you don't actually have a Portland, OR address where your mail goes to, you ain't from Portland. HEH.

About Wunderland, some games are a Nickel. And some games are 4 nickels, those are the big ones. But all of them only accept nickels. Just depends on the type of game. No 20 nickels games there.[/QUOTE]

I say I live in Portland because not everybody knows where Gresham is :p

I don't think it's any worse than saying "I live in Spokane" because no one knows where Cheney is, or saying "I live in Tacoma" when they live in University Park.

It could always be worse, I could actually live in Fairview. It's like a little mini Stepford.

i'll be at the VGL concert tonight, we should set up some kinda dress code in order to identify fellow CAGers.

or flashing lights... Ape Escape style...

[quote name='Archgarth']I say I live in Portland because not everybody knows where Gresham is :p

I don't think it's any worse than saying "I live in Spokane" because no one knows where Cheney is, or saying "I live in Tacoma" when they live in University Park.

It could always be worse, I could actually live in Fairview. It's like a little mini Stepford.[/QUOTE]

Mini-Stepford is right. Brrr. I dislike Beaverton/Hillsboro more.

You're in Eugene for UO?

I wouldn't mind an Illusionz meet-up. Maybe some of us could even carpool to save on gas since Issaquah is kinda.. well east. ;P

[quote name='Quigoni']I wouldn't mind an Illusionz meet-up. Maybe some of us could even carpool to save on gas since Issaquah is kinda.. well east. ;P[/QUOTE]

Lol, not that I don't trust y'all, but carpooling with strangers isn't my cup of tea. If we want to meet a couple of times, then sure probably. But I guess that makes 3 people who are interested. We're rolling now.

[quote name='sarkenobi']Mini-Stepford is right. Brrr. I dislike Beaverton/Hillsboro more.

You're in Eugene for UO?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I was in Eugene because my wife got a better job there. I'm in Portland now while she's in school, and where I'll be in school in a couple months.

[quote name='DV8']Lol, not that I don't trust y'all, but carpooling with strangers isn't my cup of tea. If we want to meet a couple of times, then sure probably. But I guess that makes 3 people who are interested. We're rolling now.[/QUOTE]

I'm a social female, what can I say? :p

[quote name='Dante Devil']Any CAGs figuring out which store they are going to camp out at to get XBOX 360[/QUOTE]

Well, there's no chance of anyone getting one from either the Burlington or the Bellingham Costco. The Issaquah, and other seattle ones are getting about 90 each, so that may be a good idea.

[quote name='Quigoni'] I'm a social female, what can I say? :p[/QUOTE]

As social as one may be, just because each person has the same similarity in wanting cheap video games, doesn't mean that they'd all get along.

On that note however, I wouldn't mind carpooling. Though I doubt you're by me so *shrugs*

[quote name='Technique']Im going to KMart on Aurora. Anyone else going?[/QUOTE]

im considering camping at the lynnwood wal mart, but then again, i learned something from the psp launch. Just go to fred meyer the next morning, no one ever goes there.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']im considering camping at the lynnwood wal mart, but then again, i learned something from the psp launch. Just go to fred meyer the next morning, no one ever goes there.[/QUOTE]

The FM in Yakima is opening at 7. I'll go there if I can't get one at Wal-mart.

Sorry to the CAG who came in and got Castlevania at my store earlier. Today was the fucking craziest day there (well that I've experienced at least). Our manager was on conference call and wasn't to be disturbed, and the assistant manager I was working with had been off the clock for over an hour. And I've still had no official training, so I was a little stressed out, as you could probably tell. That and constantly being bombarded by people who were like "OMG j00 Haf MY XBOX360 OR NO!? made today utterly lame.

My apologies.

By the way, Castlevania: DoS fucking rocks. My 2nd favorite Castlevania game after SotN.

But on the good side, right before you came in, this kid came and traded in a bunch of stuff, which included Arc the Lad Collection. I bought it and it's in absolutely pristine condition, the Omake figure boxes are still in the plastic wrap. With my discount I got it for like $26. Can't beat that. :cool:

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Sorry to the CAG who came in and got Castlevania at my store earlier. Today was the fucking craziest day there (well that I've experienced at least). Our manager was on conference call and wasn't to be disturbed, and the assistant manager I was working with had been off the clock for over an hour. And I've still had no official training, so I was a little stressed out, as you could probably tell. That and constantly being bombarded by people who were like "OMG j00 Haf MY XBOX360 OR NO!? made today utterly lame.

My apologies.

By the way, Castlevania: DoS fucking rocks. My 2nd favorite Castlevania game after SotN.

But on the good side, right before you came in, this kid came and traded in a bunch of stuff, which included Arc the Lad Collection. I bought it and it's in absolutely pristine condition, the Omake figure boxes are still in the plastic wrap. With my discount I got it for like $26. Can't beat that. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's all good, I saw that you were swamped, that's why I waited around a bit, looked around. Heh, I was also trying to figure out a way for me to tip you off that I was from here without being too noticable. "Hayuk, I know you from that one cheap-ass-gamer website".

That's actually why I got that game, plus I had the Mario Kart/DS bundle preordered as well, so I'm just making sure I had a bit of a library to begin with.

I actually watched that transaction and was going to ask if I could snag that, but also saw it being put behind the counter. Nice score there though dude. What'd he trade it in for too, $.75?

[quote name='sonderiaom']Oh, it's all good, I saw that you were swamped, that's why I waited around a bit, looked around. Heh, I was also trying to figure out a way for me to tip you off that I was from here without being too noticable. "Hayuk, I know you from that one cheap-ass-gamer website".

That's actually why I got that game, plus I had the Mario Kart/DS bundle preordered as well, so I'm just making sure I had a bit of a library to begin with.

I actually watched that transaction and was going to ask if I could snag that, but also saw it being put behind the counter. Nice score there though dude. What'd he trade it in for too, $.75?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't realize what you were saying at first but when I did I got a good laugh. If we weren't so friggin busy I could've chatted with ya for a bit.

You won't be disappointed with your DS purchases. I bought mine about 3-4 months ago and I play it so much more than all of my other consoles (and there's a lot of them) combined. I've played a ridiculous amount of Mario Kart already, which could very well be my favorite game of the year thus far.

IIRC, I think he traded in the Arc the Lad for about $5 or something, can't remember for sure though. I couldnt pass up getting it, since I've been looking for it for ages.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Yeah I didn't realize what you were saying at first but when I did I got a good laugh. If we weren't so friggin busy I could've chatted with ya for a bit.

You won't be disappointed with your DS purchases. I bought mine about 3-4 months ago and I play it so much more than all of my other consoles (and there's a lot of them) combined. I've played a ridiculous amount of Mario Kart already, which could very well be my favorite game of the year thus far.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah, I saw you do a double take as you were looking for the game. Woulda loved too, but I have a bit of homework that I need to take care of, I've been slacking off too much, speaking of I should be doing that instead of on here...

Yeah, I'm getting ancy about playing the darned thing. Red's my favorite colour and I have to wait another week just to play it. I just hope that the internet that I'm stealing right now will allow me to to play online.

Has anyone else found the wonder that is Stupid Prices? It's a store that's only in Washington, Oregon and California and it carries the run-off of Costco and other fun stores. This may not mean much usually, but sometimes they carry current games for half off, so the Pokemon Emerald and Super Mario DS that were listed at $40.20 and $36.20 respectively I got for a total of $38. My local one also has X-men Legends 2 for $25 and Rise of Imperfects for $25.

Here's the website to find out the one nearest yourself: http://stupidprices.com/html/locs.html

[quote name='RudyPants']I'm from Olympia but am going to school in Bellingham. Any Bellinghammers in the house?[/QUOTE]

There is Wannabepunktony who's actually in bellingham and myself who makes trips up there once in a while.

I didn't feel this was worth its own thread, so I'm posting it here.

Looks likes Portland Best Buys officially suck. KOIN reported that they forced bundles on anyone wishing to get a 360. They didn't note an exact store, though.

Link

BTW sonderiaom, thanks for the heads-up on Stupid Prices. I'll have to check out the Tigard store the next time I'm in that area.

Um.. yay first post in the home forum. I'm at Washington State U right now. But, my home home is in Liberty Lake, not too far from Spokane (half an hour or so).

So.. are we gonna get an awesome logo someday like t3h midwest?

[quote name='crystalklear64']So.. are we gonna get an awesome logo someday like t3h midwest?[/QUOTE]

Never really thought about it, what kinda thing could really represent the northwest? snow?

[quote name='sonderiaom']Never really thought about it, what kinda thing could really represent the northwest? snow?[/QUOTE]
Uhhh...Apples? Trees? Coffee? Microsoft? Nintendo? I dunno @_@

I just got accepted to the UW...I'm a Husky now! I'll be starting in winter quarter. Are there any other Huskies here?

bread's done
Back