What are some really good soundtracks?

hip hip array

CAG Newbie
I have bought several humble bundles, but haven't dug into the soundtracks for any of them. What are some soundtracks I might have that I should take a listen? I have really loved the Hotline: Miami and Bastion soundtracks.

Are there anymore you might recommend, especially if I have the humble bundles?

Out of the Humble Bundle games that I've played, I most love the music for Cave Story, Torchlight, and World of Goo.

As for OSTs overall, here's the ones I've rated on VGMdb, most of those at 10/10 or 9/10. Some of my current favorites are the OSTs for Chantelise, Sonic Colors, Final Fantasy VIII, Halo 3: ODST, and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. None of those sound like Bastion's though, and I'm not familiar with Hotline Miami's music.

I've always liked the Grand Theft Auto soundtracks, especially San Andreas and Vice City. I need to get more since I am so sick of radio music. That might be what I do today.

Ace Combat: Shattered Horizons has an awesome soundtrack.

Also look into Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, both are equally awesome.

[quote name='62t']Nier's soundtrack[/QUOTE]

This is an awesome soundtrack. I've listen to it and I still haven't had a chance to play the game.

[quote name='j-cart']This is an awesome soundtrack. I've listen to it and I still haven't had a chance to play the game.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could find my copy of the game so I could finish it. Damn kids...

To add to this, the "Aquaria" soundtrack is pretty good, as well as the soundtrack for "To The Moon". Both made me want to play the game. I also find the "Mighty Switch Force" soundtrack pretty grooving.

[quote name='blueshinra']
As for OSTs overall, here's the ones I've rated on VGMdb, most of those at 10/10 or 9/10. Some of my current favorites are the OSTs for Chantelise, Sonic Colors, Final Fantasy VIII, Halo 3: ODST, and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. None of those sound like Bastion's though, and I'm not familiar with Hotline Miami's music.[/QUOTE]1.5/5 for FF VII: Voices of the Lifestream? That remix album is great.

I can't remember what games are in the Humble Indie bundle but Dustforce, Braid, Bayonetta, Castle Crashers, Shatter, and Super Meat Boy all have great soundtracks.

[quote name='Sinfulfate']1.5/5 for FF VII: Voices of the Lifestream? That remix album is great.[/QUOTE]
I normally like OCRemix's special albums, but I thought they were trying too hard with that one, for starters. Couldn't even get through the whole thing.

Mother 3, Symphony of the Night, Scott Pilgrim..also,not quite ost's but I really enjoy the FF piano collections.

As far as indie stuff, some that come to mind are VVVVVV, Super Meat Boy, Tower of Heaven, and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP.

As far as major publisher stuff some of my top picks for all around soundtrack would be: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Persona 3, and Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

[quote name='Rodimus']Came to say this.[/QUOTE]

I think everyone came to say that. Probably the best Square Enix soundtrack in years.

Oh, and I also forgot to mention the Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams soundtrack is pretty damn good too.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night is a must. The Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed soundtracks are good too.

Shatter is one of the few OSTs that I've downloaded. I listen to it regularly.

Other games that I've enjoyed over the years: Bully (awesome), Assassin's Creed: Revelations (surprisingly good), Hotline: Miami (too good), Heavy Rain (another game I downloaded the OST, credits theme is awesome), Shadow of the Colossus, Freedom Fighters.

There's more I've enjoyed, just can't remember.

bread's done
Back