What college do you go to? Or graduated from??

Graduated from Georgia Tech in 2000 with a BS in Computer Science. My wife graduated from GT at the same time in Management.

[quote name='peteyrose']Sophmore at Johns Hopkins University, majoring in biomedical engineering with a concentration in chemical engineering.[/quote]

Hey Peteyrose -- I am a JHU graduate, class of '93. I have only been back to Bal'more once since I graduated. The campus was under construction, but it basically looked the same.

[quote name='cmdryuk'][quote name='GuilewasNK']

I am guessing Michigan.[/quote]

His username should be GoBlueNGold then :)[/quote]

Go Blue is the slogan for Michigan.. its on every bumper sticker/t-shirt/etc now.

Yeah books only seem to get more expensive as your college career rolls on. This is my 7th semester and i paid the most I've paid yet which was like $470 for 4 classes.

I'm a senior at Georgia State University in Atlanta, with Political Science as my major and Journalism as my minor. I should graduate about 1 year from this semester, and then its off to grad school on the west coast! Whee!!!

...and yes, books are way too expensive. over $400 for this semester for 5 classes. On a side note: to all you freshmen, a word of advice: Never sell your books back to the bookstore unless you want to get f'd in the rear end. You should definitely sell them on Half.com; you'll get MUCH more for them.

[quote name='dcfox']EAS major at Union College, finishing up my last year.[/quote]

Schenectady...you poor thing. I grew up near there, btw.

[quote name='KrazyKefka']
Reality's Fringe said:
Freshman at Ohio University in athens.....books are toofucking expensive!

Get used to it.[/quote]

Ah, I'm trying, but I just can't seem to see the justification for charging over $100 for a PAPERBACK book. That, by the way, you'll only need for one quarter(Thank you Principles of MicroEconomics 103). Gotta do what you gotta do, I guess.

Get used to it.[/quote]

Ah, I'm trying, but I just can't seem to see the justification for charging over $100 for a PAPERBACK book. That, by the way, you'll only need for one quarter(Thank you Principles of MicroEconomics 103). Gotta do what you gotta do, I guess.[/quote]

It's not the up-front cost that'll get you. Wait until you try to sell that badboy back.

For many books that I a) did not open or b) did not read, you'll get something like

[quote name='O-Dog']

Get used to it.[/quote]

Ah, I'm trying, but I just can't seem to see the justification for charging over $100 for a PAPERBACK book. That, by the way, you'll only need for one quarter(Thank you Principles of MicroEconomics 103). Gotta do what you gotta do, I guess.[/quote]

It's not the up-front cost that'll get you. Wait until you try to sell that badboy back.

For many books that I a) did not open or b) did not read, you'll get something like

Reality's Fringe]Freshman at Ohio University in athens.....books are toofucking expensive![/quote] Get used to it.[/quote] Ah said:

:( not too encouraging. The problem with library texts is that most of my textbooks come in a "package deal" with like cd rom and workbook and the like, so I'm pretty much bulled into buying them. The bookstore I'm talking about it a university bookstore, by the way, so I don't know if that has some bearing on it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']CrashSpyro123 your Chocobo avatar looks familar, lol....

22352187.jpg
[/quote]

Haha, Homer does resemble a retarded Chocobo.

Reality's Fringe said:
One of the stores on Ou's campus guarantees a 50% buyback of what you paid for it....but we'll see about that.

I doubt it. I'm sure there's some small print somewhere in it. What store was it?

And, if you don't mind me asking, what are you taking this quarter? Just curious.

University of Akron (Ohio), graduating with a Bachelors in Marketing Management this Spring.

Go Zips...

Reality's Fringe]One of the stores on Ou's campus guarantees a 50% buyback of what you paid for it....but we'll see about that.[/quote] I doubt it. I'm sure there's some small print somewhere in it. What store was it? And said:
It's the one down from Chubb hall. I was just mentioning that because it has a huge sign in the window. It's probably false at anyrate. As for what I'm taking; not much. Econ 103, Hist 123, Poli Sci 102, BA 100
A, and Math 113.

I am currently a senior at Ohio State and will be applying to grad school there in the next month or so.

Also, when i was a freshman i was completely demoralized by bookstores almost to the point where i stopped caring how much they gave me so long as i didnt have to deal with it. But what kind of cheap-ass would i be? so for the last 2 years I have been buying my books at the bookstores for full asking price, then ordering them again online. Insane you say? I use the bookstore's copies until my own much cheaper ones arrive, which is well before the full refund return date, at which time i return my bookstore copies for a full refund. then, when the quarter ends if i find out that the bookstores offer me about what i would make online, i sell them back to the bookstores! i dont let the evil price gouging bookstores demoralize me anymore; instead of them getting my money all the time, i only get theirs! i dont make a profit or anything, but its just so satisfying to know that the bookstores are actually giving me money instead of vice a versa.

tell me, is this solution to my bookstore woes unethical if i always stay within the guidelines of the store's policy?

[quote name='nixts']Graduated from Florida State University, Class of 2003.

Go Noles! :)[/quote]

I respect FSU everyday of the year save one. Go Gators. FSU spits out some damn good pro players.

As for me I will graduate (hopefully) from University of North Florida with a logistics and busness management degree. And no, UNF isn't like one of those ITT tech wannabe schools. Check it out at www.unf.edu.

Fear the Ospreys. ( I kid :D )

bread's done
Back