What Current-Gen Consoles Do You Own?

All three but the PS2 still gets 99.9% of my play time. Even if I buy a game for the PS3/360/Wii, they automatically goes towards the shelf. And I don't trust my PS3 with my PS2 saves when about one year ago all of my virtual memory cards suddenly disappeared. That and I'm too lazy to make a backup everytime.

All three. Xbox 360 and PS3 get pretty much equal playing time.

My Wii, however... has had a long time-out in the corner since beating No More Heroes. I'll be playing it again when Wario Shake comes out, though. But then it's probably going back for another time-out until Mad World comes out. Nintendo has been behaving badly.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I think what you're asking is "Why one-choice with specific options instead of multiple-choice with singular options". If so, I wanted to also see what combinations people had, not just which console was most popular.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm saying. In HTML, a radio button is a single choice only type of item, a check box is a multiple selection type item. Your rationale for making the poll the way you did makes sense, given that's what you're interested in.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']PS3 and Wii, I might get a 360 if that $199 price does happen[/QUOTE]
My wife would KILL me if I did that, but I'm thinking that I might do the same. We'll see what this holiday season brings for the PS3.

I've had a Wii since launch. It's a nice little system that gets too much crap in my opinion. I love Virtual Console, the Gamecube backwards compatibility (I never had a GC), and though it doesn't have as many quality titles as the 360 or PS3 it has a good assortment of unique titles (i.e. Boom Blox, Zack & Wiki, Trauma Center, etc.).

I had purchased a 360 unfortunately it crapped out on me and though I was able to send it out and get a replacement the customer service was horrible. Unlike most of the hardcore gaming community, if a company treats me like crap, I do not continue supporting them (I speak with my wallet and I wish more people did that!).

So I sold my 360 and got a PS3. I love the PS3. The hardware is slick, watching blu-ray movies on my 1080p 52 inch flat panel is awesome, and the game library is really under-rated. I mean if you take out FPS's out of the equation, it's library is basically equal with the 360, and taking out FPS's out of the equation isn't even a big deal because both systems are full of them, I mean nobody is going to run out of FPS's to play on the PS3.

I also have a laptop which I game on occasionally (it has an 8600m GT GPU).

As for portables I have a DS and a PSP, however I hardly play either. In fact I've been playing my Game Boy Micro a lot more.

Just Wii and DS. I won't count my PC since I can't play current-gen PC games, but I still play Counter-Strike Source a ton. I do have access to a PS3 via my roommate though, and he buys most of the big-name titles.

None of the consoles, and only a DS for a handheld. I'll probably cave and get an Xbox 360 sometime soon. I'm usually a few years behind updating my consoles because a) I refuse to buy a new one until there are at least 5-6 games announced that I am interested in and b) my backlog of PS2/PS1 games is still massive.

Here's my complete list.

PS3
Wii
2 PSPs (1 fatty, 1 GOW Slim)
2 DSs (1 fatty red Mario Kart Bundle, 1 crimson & black slim)
PS2
Xbox
Gamecube
GBA
Dreamcast
SNES
2 Genesis
Sega CD
32X
Original Gameboy
Game Gear
Nomad
3DO
Virtual Boy

[quote name='micro44']Here's my complete list.

PS3
Wii
2 PSPs (1 fatty, 1 GOW Slim)
2 DSs (1 fatty red Mario Kart Bundle, 1 crimson & black slim)
PS2
Xbox
Gamecube
GBA
Dreamcast
SNES
2 Genesis
Sega CD
32X
Original Gameboy
Game Gear
Nomad
3DO
Virtual Boy[/quote]

I was with you until the "Virtual Boy" part. Please throw that thing in the trash.

This might have been a good use of the poll where you can 'vote' for more than one.

But anyway Wii60 for me.

Current gen? Everything. And most everything from 1979 till now that was available in the states with a few wonderswans as well.

[quote name='wubb']This might have been a good use of the poll where you can 'vote' for more than one.
[/QUOTE]

The OP already clarified by saying he was interested in seeing which combination of consoles was most popular here rather than which console was the most owned.

Just as i've guessed before, most CAGs own all three (X360, PS3 and Wii). So, i'm not the only one with bunch of cash coming out of my ass...

Well, if you think about it, it makes sense for this demographic. Being a CAG affords you opportunities to accumulate credit, take advantage of pricing errors, and find killer deals before the general public. As such, you'd think that most CAGs then buy these three systems for the same price that the average person pays for two of them... or even less.

Owning all three systems can still make you a cheapass if you were prudent and careful about buying them. ;)

Actually, GuardianE, CAG is expensive... If you're one of those impulsive buyers, i.e. jumping on a deal which you don't really want just b/c it's cheap, you end up spending a lot more money. Of course, for those more careful CAGs, they saved a lot more money... For me, the Wii is $30, X360 pro is $350 and PS3 is -$300 (yes, minus). If you're thinking i did flipping and stuffs, think again, i got nada on the trader rating and i don't sell on eBay. To me, flipping cost time and that's something i rather not do (not profitable as using coupons or sign up for quick deals).
It cost me around $80 to own all three consoles. Of course, i spent a lot of money on games :(

One side effect from CAG is that it got me into CEs, LEs, which i don't give a crap about before. Now, i perfer the CE, LE over the regular version and that's one expensive hobby... Well, fortunately, it's like a phase or something, i kinda lost interest in the extra stuffs come with the CEs or LEs. Which is good, save more money!

Ok, the PS3 is not exactly -$300, i have to do some more work to get that $300 profit. So it's $0... Hmmm, pretty much like buying the X360 and the other two systems free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pootie Thang']I own 2 Playstation 3's and a Nintendo Wii.

1 - 20 GB Playstation 3 w/ a 120GB Hard Drive
1 - 40 GB Playstation 3
1 - Nintendo Wii[/quote]

What? No X360 love?

PS3 only for me. I had a 360, but sold it due to every game I want for it also being on PS3.

Will get a Wii eventually, but at the moment there's maybe 2 games I want for it.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The OP already clarified by saying he was interested in seeing which combination of consoles was most popular here rather than which console was the most owned.[/QUOTE]

Oh. :oops:

bread's done
Back