What does your username mean?

[quote name='WeaponX2099']No, no, no. Swedish People are the whitest ever. No swedish rapper should exist. Hopefully.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Snow Swedish?

[quote name='epobirs']If you recognize the reference you may be an old person.[/QUOTE]

Arnold Horshack..... did someone guess it yet? Was it a test? Did I win?

My favorite AD&D character. Also played in EQ and WoW (beta and live). Doesn't really MEAN anything, but that's where it comes from.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Snow is Canadian, and a cousin of one the members of barenaked ladies.[/QUOTE]
I just realized I was thinking of Frost. Mixed up two lame names.

Flybrione basically is a nickname that my buddy in college called me.

Fly Bri (Brian) I added the "one" afterword because I used to do graf when I was younger and I added the word one instead of the number.

My XBL name BigMes is from what I used to write back in the day, "Mesy."

The Big is from my friends because I was the head of the crew and orginized most of our bombing sessions. Man it sure was fun back in high school all those years ago.

My last name is Purkey. A buddy of mine in basic training used to call me the purkeynator , kinda like the terminator combined with my last name. I thought it was kind of cool and it stuck.

Hmm, I've always been obsessed with Wolves and my first tag on XBL was Snipa Wolf, then it became Epic Wolf when I joined a clan last year...that's long gone but I kept the name :) and use it for everything even name my rpg character's that lol

[quote name='Dingleberry']a piece of poop stuck on your butt hair.[/QUOTE]

I think everyone knew that. The real question with you is why Dingleberry?

Hmm.. I usually use Crysto as my username, (Half of Christopher so I usually have Crysto Fur) but I think that was taken when I went to register.

So... while I was in a P.E. class in Highschool, the teacher was a football coach and after he gave instructions and what-not he would say "Is that Clear?" and everytime.. the football players would say "Crystal". I thought it was cool cuz I had never heard the crystal clear saying before. So.. I took it and replaced the C with a K.

The 64 is because at the time I had a Nintendo 64 and it was hella fun.

Thus, crystalklear64. Also, I think CK64 looks sexy as a tag on my art ;).

Here's the story of my username:

I've always disliked my real name a bit. So, I decided to pick a new name / nickname for myself. I chose Jack. Then I decided to pick a nickname for my alternate name. I remembered Spinal Tap, and I have a tendency to be goofy and such with friends... a bit "saucy" if you will.

So, Saucy Jack was born. ;)

My name is pronounced "Pie-less," and it means exactly what it sounds like. I went to the movies about five years ago with a friend of mine. I snuck a little hostess pie into the movie, and when I finished it he told me I was "Pie-less." I converted it into a username, and it stuck.

cps is my initials, in like 5th grade when my family got a computer i used coolc for stuff on the internet, like any hip gradeschooler would do, but that was always taken so i expanded it to coolcps, and i am just too hardcore to ever change it no matter that it sounds stupid that i have "cool" in my name.

I actually got mine from Clayfighter. I was playing it on N64, and the karate guy said some intro the sounded like, "zee Crane, zee Lion....ZEE MONKAAAY!" It just kinda stuck.

I like the idea behind this thread...usernames are such a personal thing, the stories behind them can be really interesting...

I can't believe this thread has been here since 2005 and I have never seen it...

btw it was the very last thread listed on the very last page in the OTT forum

my username comes from a childhood nickname
my mom used to put me in one of those old style door baby bouncers and I would go effin' nuts when I was in it, jumping around like a maniac...

Jimmy Jumper was born! and have had it ever since, although modified with the jimi now.

anyways, I hope some of you people reply with your stories as I'm sure there are some doozys out there.

I was a huge comic nerd 10 years ago and 2 of the books I read was razor and vampirella, so I combined the 2 and a username was born

[quote name='razrvamp']I was a huge comic nerd 10 years ago and 2 of the books I read was razor and vampirella, so I combined the 2 and a username was born[/QUOTE]

are you now a comic book stud?:lol:

A couple years ago, I used to play a browser game called cybernations. On this one forum for that game, I found an avatar of a female boxer. I decided to roleplay for a little bit and gave her the name of Jessica Stryker. Jessica being sort of random, but Stryker=boxer. As for JStryke, I just choose a gender neutral version of that name.

Took my username from the scene in Anchorman where Jack Black calls Will Ferrell "Broseph".

I'm not really active on any forums so I didn't put a lot of thought into the name. 150 posts in two years is like INSANE for me. I'm usually a total lurker. I think in my seven years of playing City of Heroes off and on I only have 400 posts on the official forums.

200STM, I started using the Letters STM in 2002 when I was playing dance dance revolution at the arcades and one of the songs in the game was called"www.blondiegirl.com (momomix) which became a way too common song people would pick so I decided to make up a thing called "Stop The Momo" STM in initials and I put it in the arcades score system to let people know that this song was picked too much and players had to find better songs to play to. STM as my online/electronic alias was made, the 200 was added when I notice that the 3rd Generation Toyota Supra natural inspiration engine produced 200 horsepower adding it in 2004 which became "200STM" For awhile people thought my nickname meant "Stop That Marisol" since I dated a girl name Marisol who was a bitch or "Seconds To Mars" which is odd that 30STM is similar to 200STM haha. Well long story indeed that is how 200STM name was made.

Vandal_Hearts_Coverart.png

My avatar is of Gremio from Suikoden. Both are nods to some kick ass classic PS1 games.

Been using NinjaLunchBox79 for years .... Lunchbox is my actual nickname that a buddy gave me on my 1st tour to Iraq. He started calling me that outta the blue one day so I asked him what the deal was. He stated that its what Jay calls Silent Bob every once in a while ... LOL. Pretty damn funny IMO ... weird thing is it stuck even after all these years!!! When i was trying to come up with a LIVE name years ago I had to put in somehow ... I also like ninjas ... & 79 is the year I was born. So the legacy of NinjaLunchBox79 was born.... lol

This a a fun thread idea.

I came up with BattleChicken a long time ago when I was playing Starcraft. Many years ago, Battle.net changed the user naming convention so special characters were no longer usable and my old one had special characters... it had been a while so my old name got wiped out and I had to create a new one.

I wanted to play and the variants of my old name were all taken so I so I just picked a war-like word and an animal. I started with BattleBovine, because cows are awesome; then DoomChicken, which i still kind of like. I wound up combining them into "BattleChicken".

I ended up keeping it because of how funny I found different people's perspective on the name - some thought I was a badass flightless bird, others liked the irony of someone who was afraid of battle playing war-games, and others still thought it was a neat oxymoron (which it only sort of is).

Mine's a reversed phrase in a Metallica lyric:
If I could have my wasted days back
Would I use them to get back on track?
Stop to warm at karma's burning
Or look ahead, but keep on turning?

My initials "JEL" and the first two letters of my last name "LO".

The 44 comes from when I first was going online, jello4 (4 being my favorite number) was being used, so I used 44. Since I wore either of those numbers when I played baseball.

I've used it forever, because I am too lazy to think of anything else.

[quote name='VANDALHEART']
Vandal_Hearts_Coverart.png

My avatar is of Gremio from Suikoden. Both are nods to some kick ass classic PS1 games.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Vandal Hearts was my first PS1 RPG and Suikoden 1 my favorite.

I already posted here way back when so I'm going to leave it at that.

Mine is the Weregull, or a Werewolf Seagull. Every blue moon, a man can look to the sky and see the terrifying creature sailing around, choosing some town to be its victim. With a wingspan of 8 meters, talons that can crush a man's body leaving him a crumpled mass on the ground, and a beak that can tear a car asunder, it is by and far the most terrifying creature unknown to man.

Well, that's mine for literally everything else besides this site. Predator was a cool word and I always thought there was a certain air around it. 21,28, and 1 are my favorite numbers.

bread's done
Back