What hard to find/discontinued products and companies do you miss?

I'll tack on Shoprite cola. It was the only store brand cola I liked. They still have it, but years ago they changed the recipe to something I find undrinkable.

[quote name='PimpLimp']I see PB Twix on a daily basis. And Fazoli's was greasy and disgusting from what I remember. My local one got replaced years ago and I haven't heard anyone complain.[/QUOTE]

All the PB Twix now have chocolate cookie instead of the vanilla, and they aren't as good. Also I will second the triangle nacho cheese pizza rolls mentioned earlier. I was just thinking about them this other day.

I also miss black peppercorn doritos and the original Pitch Black Mt Dew.

Here's just a few I can think of off the top of my head:

Doritos 3D
Sprite Remix and Berry Remix (both way better than regular sprite IMO).
Butterfinger BB's
Wendy's chicken strips
Butterfinger Crisp (can't find them around here although I'm sure they still make them)
Wonderball with the toy inside

There are plenty of others I'm sure, just can't think of them at the moment.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Jones Soda in cans. It got too costly for them to keep selling them in cans which is why they abandoned that market. Such a shame too since their product is generally amazing.[/QUOTE]

Huh??? I buy them in cans all the time from Kroger's or Marsh (Indiana regional). Unfortunately, they are only available in 8 packs instead of 12 packs now. I guess if you get desperate, you can order cans of WhoopAss from Amazon.

Since I'm here, add ALL Sega consoles. The knock-offs (licensed and non-licensed) are nice but not the same.:cry:

*oh, and HD DVD (i'm a glutton for punishment)

Mcdonald's Hot Dog Nuggets. I use to love eating those when there wasn't a Nathan's at the food court ... Add Nathan's to the list.

Taco Bell's Taquitos. Both steak and chicken ones.

Last year, Target stopped carrying Garlic Parmesan and Rosemary Garlic potato chips through their Archer Farms brand. Best chips I ever had.

Keebler use to have a fudge sandwich cookie that I use to love. It was in a blue box and it has fudge cream between the cookie part(also made with fudge). It was even better with milk.

I was thinking of Ecto Cooler too. I also missed Squeezit.

I also miss Babbages and Nintendo Power.

[quote name='Squall835']Josta[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, man! This has been gone so long, I actually forgot what it was called. I used to love this stuff and would drink it all the time after my basketball games when I was growing up. Apparently, people have been petitioning Pepsi to bring it back for years...and have even gone as far as figuring out how to make it themselves. Crazy!

http://josta.mervernation.com/

[quote name='luvmysegadc']Huh??? I buy them in cans all the time from Kroger's or Marsh (Indiana regional). Unfortunately, they are only available in 8 packs instead of 12 packs now. I guess if you get desperate, you can order cans of WhoopAss from Amazon.[/quote]

I wasn't aware they still made cans. Nobody around here sells them any more from what I can tell. Heck they don't even show cans on their site any more outside of Whoop Ass.

*oh, and HD DVD (i'm a glutton for punishment)

Same here.

[quote name='dafoomie']My favorite drink, haven't had it since the glass bottle days but I hear they still sell it in the deep south. Sam's Club will order it for you, but only by the pallet.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/gatorade-citrus-cooler-pallet-840-bottles/138892.ip?sprodId=138892[/QUOTE]

I don't miss it that much. :lol:

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']just remembered sour skittles and frozen pop tarts.[/QUOTE]

Sour Skittles are still around. I never cared for them that much, as they usually made my mouth sore with that rough coating they have. I prefer the tropical flavors or Skittles Blenders.

-

I also miss the original salsa-flavored Doritos. Kroger has a store brand that's close, but the original was the best.

[quote name='Cage017']
I also miss Babbages[/QUOTE]

Add Funcoland and Electronic Boutique (not the current bastardization know as GameStop/EBGames).

Also, is Electronic Gaming Monthly still a physical mag?

I figured that they where still around just never see em in the check out lane. Are tropical the ones that have blue packaging? Are blenders the ones that swich the flavors and colors around? I think there was a smoothie variation too. And skittles gum.

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']I figured that they where still around just never see em in the check out lane. Are tropical the ones that have blue packaging? Are blenders the ones that swich the flavors and colors around? I think there was a smoothie variation too. And skittles gum.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, tropical is in the blue bag. Blenders have flavors like cherry tropicolada and mango lemonade. The ones with the mixed up colors are Skittles Riddles.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Mr. Pibb. Well not really. I've never tasted it and I wonder what it's like.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Pibb is the shit. I love Dr. Pepper but Pibb is way better. The only places I know of that sell it are my local Cinemark theater and Chipotle.

I really miss Pepsi Twist I think it was called, it was lemon flavored Pepsi and I would drink that shit every day. Dr. Pepper Berries and Creme was really good too.

Planters cheese balls. You know, the ones in the blue canister and yellow lid. Those were AMAZING.
Also add Taco Bells Blackjack tacos to the list. I loved those things.

[quote name='burritoman']Godiva makes one that is 90%. I found them at Homegoods, but I figure other stores have them too, check Kroger or your local grocery store.[/QUOTE]

Problem is companies like Godiva use milk or some animal by-product as a filler in their Dark Chocolate.

Ice Cream Cones cereal
Nintendo Mario/Zelda cereal

For companies, Circuit City. They had such awesome clearance deals and I really built up my PS2 and XBox collections because of those deals.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']
Pumpkin Pie Pop-tarts. So good, but so limited.[/QUOTE]

Whenever I see them in the late summer/early fall, I always buy at least 5 or 6 boxes since the expiration date is usually close to a year away. They should be sold all year.

[quote name='Hammer.exe']Planters cheese balls. You know, the ones in the blue canister and yellow lid. Those were AMAZING.
Also add Taco Bells Blackjack tacos to the list. I loved those things.[/QUOTE]

OH fuck YES!!! I loved those things and I generally hate cheesy snacks!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Yeah, tropical is in the blue bag. Blenders have flavors like cherry tropicolada and mango lemonade. The ones with the mixed up colors are Skittles Riddles.[/QUOTE]

Oh ill have to try blenders then.

For companies I miss KB toys.

Oh and i dont miss em but I remember the aol trial disc being in every shop.

[quote name='luvmysegadc']Add Funcoland and Electronic Boutique (not the current bastardization know as GameStop/EBGames).[/QUOTE]
The Funcoland price sheets were outstanding. For those who don't know, they used to print the price of every game they sold on newsprint.

[quote name='Clak']When it comes to mice I miss the Intelimouse Explorer. I love this thing, but ti's worn out, and they're also discontinued. I've actually owned two of these.[/QUOTE]
Newegg had a run of 3.0's made and sold them around the holidays for around $20-$30.

There's lots of foods I miss:
Wonka Bars
Wonka Donutz
The old Wendy's, specifically their old chicken nuggets and fries
Wonder Ball
And I'm sure I could go on and on. I also miss Circuit City for sure.

I'm feeling lucky. I've been dreading reading about something I loved in my youth that disappeared without my knowing about it.

Or maybe I'm unlucky 'cause I missed out on all the awesomeness.

I'm googling this stuff and most of these things I've never even heard of. The weird thing is I'm seeing some of the same foods mentioned over and over.

Ohh...here's some I remember(though didn't necessarily like):
Magic Middles

Squeezits

PB Crisps

PB Max

Gatorade Gum

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Also Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Puddin' Pies.[/QUOTE]
Those things were disgusting, I still remember the texture of slime. . .

I guess for companies, arcades in general. Internet ruined everything. :(

Discontinued:
  • Root Beer Flavored Nerds - They were really just the cherry ones with a "cola" flavor nerd mixed in. They were delicious.
  • Grape Nerds Movie Box - You used to be able to get a box of just grape nerds at the movie theater. God I miss those. Yeah, you can get the boxes with strawberry, but I just want the grape ones.
  • Dinasour Eggs - Like Gobstoppers, but way better. These might be called "Dynasour" eggs.
  • Tart 'n Tinys - I miss the original and the candy coated versions. Seriously, what is with companies eliminating all these hard sour candies over the years? I thought there was a trend toward that exact type of candy recently.
  • Chocolate Vanilla Creme Poptarts - These have been discontinued at least twice. It was heartbreaking both times.
  • Quizno's Traditional - These were amazing. Absolutely the best snadwich from a fast food place I've ever had. Then Quizno's went downhill and I couldn't find this in the two I tried years ago. Haven't even bothered since.
  • "Super" Doritos - I have no idea what these are actually called, but there were some doritos that had twice as much "cheese" on them. Maybe "extreme doritos" or something. I'm surprised I can't find them.
Altered:
  • Sweettarts - These are still around, but the flavor of the green and pink ones changed to a "sour apple" variant, and then lemon was removed entirely. The only good ones left are the grape ones. This was my absolute favorite candy, and it irritates me to no end. The green and pink were the best flavors. It's especially sad around Christmas, when there will be green and pink only bags in the shape of trees.
  • Sprees - Still around, but the green flavor was also changed to "sour apple," completely ruining it.
  • Twinkies - Yes, they are gone (but might come back?) but the recipe changed years ago, or at least I thought it did.
I swear there's no good chocolate milk anymore. The Hershey's Milkshakes are good (Cookies 'n Cream is godly), but I just want a regular chocolate milk. All of them now are either "dutch" flavored or some other dark chocolate variant.

A lot of good ones were already posted but here are some I thought of:

Keebler Fudge Shoppe S'Mores Cookies

66549.jpg

Microsoft D66-00069 Wheel Optical Mouse

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-D66...02519&sr=1-3&keywords=microsoft+optical+mouse

Logitech Elite Keyboard

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-967234-0403-Keyboard-Elite-Black/dp/B00006FRUI/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Pop Tarts Apple Cinnamon

Apple_Cinnamon.jpg

Oh and real Breyer's Ice Cream... it used to be my favorite brand before they started using additives. Now I only buy Haagan Dazs or the two or three Turkey Hill flavors that are still real ice cream.

[quote name='Strell']
I swear there's no good chocolate milk anymore. The Hershey's Milkshakes are good (Cookies 'n Cream is godly), but I just want a regular chocolate milk. All of them now are either "dutch" flavored or some other dark chocolate variant.[/QUOTE]
QFT. Milk Chug used to have good chocolate milk but not anymore. Richfood also used to have some really smooth chocomilk before changing the chocolate.

Costco used to have this really good "Carne Asada" steak, but it is not sold anymore.

Wendy's also used to have their cheese fries in their baked potato boats, but nowadays they just give you a tiny cup. First their fried chicken, now this.

[quote name='DNukem170']Wendy's also used to have their cheese fries in their baked potato boats, but nowadays they just give you a tiny cup. First their fried chicken, now this.[/QUOTE]
I got some last week and it was in a side salad tray?

[quote name='Rig']Almost everything in here is food. :lol:

I miss Working Designs. Because, their games went to 11.[/QUOTE]

^This. The Lunar games were awesome (though I don't care for the PSX port of SSS) and Popful Mail is one of the funniest games I've ever played.

[quote name='Strell']Discontinued:
  • Root Beer Flavored Nerds - They were really just the cherry ones with a "cola" flavor nerd mixed in. They were delicious.
  • Grape Nerds Movie Box - You used to be able to get a box of just grape nerds at the movie theater. God I miss those. Yeah, you can get the boxes with strawberry, but I just want the grape ones.
  • Dinasour Eggs - Like Gobstoppers, but way better. These might be called "Dynasour" eggs.
  • Tart 'n Tinys - I miss the original and the candy coated versions. Seriously, what is with companies eliminating all these hard sour candies over the years? I thought there was a trend toward that exact type of candy recently.
  • Chocolate Vanilla Creme Poptarts - These have been discontinued at least twice. It was heartbreaking both times.
  • Quizno's Traditional - These were amazing. Absolutely the best snadwich from a fast food place I've ever had. Then Quizno's went downhill and I couldn't find this in the two I tried years ago. Haven't even bothered since.
  • "Super" Doritos - I have no idea what these are actually called, but there were some doritos that had twice as much "cheese" on them. Maybe "extreme doritos" or something. I'm surprised I can't find them.
Altered:
  • Sweettarts - These are still around, but the flavor of the green and pink ones changed to a "sour apple" variant, and then lemon was removed entirely. The only good ones left are the grape ones. This was my absolute favorite candy, and it irritates me to no end. The green and pink were the best flavors. It's especially sad around Christmas, when there will be green and pink only bags in the shape of trees.
  • Sprees - Still around, but the green flavor was also changed to "sour apple," completely ruining it.
  • Twinkies - Yes, they are gone (but might come back?) but the recipe changed years ago, or at least I thought it did.
I swear there's no good chocolate milk anymore. The Hershey's Milkshakes are good (Cookies 'n Cream is godly), but I just want a regular chocolate milk. All of them now are either "dutch" flavored or some other dark chocolate variant.[/QUOTE]

Dean's TruMoo is pretty good. Get it from the cafeteria some times. YooHoo is my personal chocolate drink of choice though. Loved it since high school.
Also, I REALLY fucking miss Wonderballs, it was so cool as a kid eating around the chocolate and trying to figure out what you had inside. They could bring those back added with the dozens of recognizable Disney characters that have been introduced since then.
Don't ask me how this is even possible, but I was at the DMV around late 05' early 06', and while I was chilling I the parking lot this ice cream guy came by and was selling WWF bars. :hot: No clue how, I think I ate years-old ice cream. :lol: He even had mthe sign for WCW bars on the side of his truck! :D

For me it would be:
Squeezit Jello
Ghostbusters bubble gum in a tube
Berry Berry Kixs
Surge
Gak or Floam or even the "slime" that came with the ghostbusters firehouse.

[quote name='bill123']For me it would be:
Squeezit Jello
Ghostbusters bubble gum in a tube
Berry Berry Kixs
Surge
Gak or Floam or even the "slime" that came with the ghostbusters firehouse.[/QUOTE]

I want to say that I've seen commercials for Gak on like the Disney Channel.

Nope, Nikelodeon: http://www.gak-is-back.com/

bread's done
Back