What hard to find/discontinued products and companies do you miss?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Another thing I miss (not really for the taste, just the nostalgia) are those little juice drinks that come in the clear plastic barrel with the foil lid. I think they're still around, but I haven't had them in probably 15 or so years.[/QUOTE]

Lil' Hugs

[quote name='crystalklear64']Also, Nesquik Cookies and Cream. God damn that stuff is good. I used to get it in the premade bottles from Safeway some years ago and one day it just disappeared. Apparently it used to also be available in powdered form.[/QUOTE]

Try the Hershey's Cookies 'n Cream.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Another thing I miss (not really for the taste, just the nostalgia) are those little juice drinks that come in the clear plastic barrel with the foil lid. I think they're still around, but I haven't had them in probably 15 or so years.[/QUOTE]

I remember getting these a lot as a kid. A few years ago I was at my older sister's house, and she had some. I tried one. It was awful. I couldn't figure out if it was a changed recipe or if they are really just awful and I couldn't tell as a kid. It's that purple stuff.

That purple stuff won't hunt, monsignor.

I miss the Super Nintendo, Scud the Disposable Assassin, Mystery Science Theater, Carnivale and even though it got creepy and weird in season 2, Reaper.

Centurions, Inhumans, He-Man and Star Control 2 also come to mind.

I've eaten that Nintendo cereal. I'm trying hard to remember if it came in two seperate pouches or both flavors were mixed together. Even as an 8 year old in the 80s, I thought it was crap.

One thing I can't seem to find, and haven't in over 10 years is little self serving cups of flavored pata that costco had for lunches. (Alfredo, Macaroni, butter). Made for a nice quick little lunch.
Haven't seen them since maybe 2001.
I still check when I go to Costco. Every. Single. Time.

[quote name='eldergamer']I've eaten that Nintendo cereal. I'm trying hard to remember if it came in two seperate pouches or both flavors were mixed together. Even as an 8 year old in the 80s, I thought it was crap.

One thing I can't seem to find, and haven't in over 10 years is little self serving cups of flavored pata that costco had for lunches. (Alfredo, Macaroni, butter). Made for a nice quick little lunch.
I still check when I go to Costco. Every. Single. Time.[/QUOTE]

That was the one with Zelda and I think SMB, right? I ate the shit out of that and Batman cereal. I looked in a cabinet earlier and saw my old Super Mario Bros plates and it made me think about the cereal and my Zelda/SMB lunchbox.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Cherokee Red[/QUOTE]

this still exist, at least the soda does. just bought some sunday. racism never tasted so delicious!

on topic, i really fucking miss Josta. That stuff was great!

and twin peaks, if that counts.

[quote name='eldergamer']I've eaten that Nintendo cereal. I'm trying hard to remember if it came in two seperate pouches or both flavors were mixed together. Even as an 8 year old in the 80s, I thought it was crap.

I still check when I go to Costco. Every. Single. Time.[/QUOTE]

two bags dood. two bags;)

I just remembered one of my favorite 90s shows, Northern Exposure. I loved that show for about the first 3 seasons, before it went to shit.

[quote name='MasaTFC']this still exist, at least the soda does. just bought some sunday. racism never tasted so delicious!

on topic, i really fucking miss Josta. That stuff was great!

and twin peaks, if that counts.[/QUOTE]

Please pm me about where you purchased it. You have no idea how excited you just made me.

Crispy M&Ms (have an unopened pack in the fridge - not gonna eat it)
Pepsi Twist (I think the last can was drunk a few months ago)
Pepsi Lime (still have several cans)

redbull.jpg

Best tasting cola ever. Easily better than coke or pepsi (even the sugar versions). I recently found a few cans at a store and bought out their entire stock. Delicious.

Salsa Doritos and for those of us in the New Orleans area, Hubig's Pies.
Also, Gatorade Citrus Cooler is readily available in south Louisiana.

Since I've been playing MLB13: The Show, I am going to toss out a video game since I've already said food products earlier, but god damn I miss MVP Baseball. RIP.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Breyers yogurt. Their low cal yogurt was fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Technically, they still have it, but I think it is all YoCrunch now.

[quote name='Danil ACE']
redbull.jpg

Best tasting cola ever. Easily better than coke or pepsi (even the sugar versions). I recently found a few cans at a store and bought out their entire stock. Delicious.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm the reason it was discontinued. I couldn't stand the stuff! Ever try Coca-cola Black? Awful!

I recently had a Coke the way it was meant o be, in a glass bottle and sweetened with sugar, that I miss.

A lot of stores now (and probably until the end of March) have the Kosher for Passover Coke, that has the sugar instead of corn syrup. It's only available in a 2 liter bottle and it has a yellow bottle cap to tell the difference from the other regular Coke 2 liter bottles. It's a good way to stock up if you don't mind the 2 liter bottles.

I miss the local video rental store I had growing up. Every Friday night my mom would take me to browse through the NES, SNES, and Sega games.

3 games. 3 days. 3 dollars.

RIP Bullseye Video!

I lessen the unhealthy food that I always eat before.

like pizza, pasta, burgers and many more.

that's why I miss it sometimes.

Oh, man. Now you got me started.

MLB Slugfest - My brother had MLB Slugfest 20-04 for PS2. I spent HOURS getting myself into trouble on that one. THE most fun baseball game series EVER.

NFL Street 1 or 2 - 2 was the best football game ever. Period. I still have a blast on it on my PS2. NFL Street 3 with updated rosters, please?

Jak and Daxter - Need I say more? The last game (Lost Frontier) was so bad that I can't even describe it in words. Naughty Dog better be working on a new title themselves or so help me...

Now, onto the food!

Handi-Snacks with vanilla/sprinkled icing or chocolate icing. - Those things were the most addicting things on the planet. Man, do I miss those. :cry:

Kudos granola bars - Best. Granola. Bars. EVER! I can still get them at Sam's Club, but they're scarce. Usually, every one else beats me to it.

Surge - Has been listed numerously. I need not go on.

Vault/Vault Red - The red stuff was evil. I could knock out a bottle without knowing it. Best energy drink ever.

Mountain Dew: Midnight Black - Mountain Dew fused with grape. Tastes way better than it sounds. If they would bring this back permanently, I'd jump for joy until my legs fall off. :applause:

That's about it for now. I'll come back with something else.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Any decent Mexican grocery store will have sugar-sweetened Coke in the glass bottles.[/QUOTE]This. There's also sugar-sweetened Sprite and Fanta. I even see them in some gas stations. But this could also have to do with the fact that I live in Texas and they're made in Mexico.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Kudos granola bars - Best. Granola. Bars. EVER! I can still get them at Sam's Club, but they're scarce. Usually, every one else beats me to it. [/QUOTE]I recommend trying Chewy Dipps granola bars. Very similar.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']A lot of stores now (and probably until the end of March) have the Kosher for Passover Coke, that has the sugar instead of corn syrup. It's only available in a 2 liter bottle and it has a yellow bottle cap to tell the difference from the other regular Coke 2 liter bottles. It's a good way to stock up if you don't mind the 2 liter bottles.[/QUOTE]
I never seem to see that around here. I'm in the south, that probably has something to do with it, not a large Jewish population around here. There is one place I can get it, a Mexican restaurant in town sells them, but no general stores.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Any decent Mexican grocery store will have sugar-sweetened Coke in the glass bottles.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the local bottling company, but in the Washington DC area they sell Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback. It's the original design/packaging with sugar as a sweetener.

Some stores have started to carry the glass bottle colas too, Coke, Pepsi, RC; some have sugar some are corn syrup. They are usually located in the Hispanic/jewish area, or where the more expensive sodas are (IBC Root Beer, Jones, etc.)

[quote name='DNukem170']Technically, they still have it, but I think it is all YoCrunch now.[/QUOTE]

They don't have the same flavors. I don't really need any nuts in my yogurt either.

It just sucks because it was the only yogurt I have had that I actually like. I have tried like 5 or 6 other kinds, but I gave up because nothing has come close to it.

[quote name='pacifickarma']I guess I'm the reason it was discontinued. I couldn't stand the stuff! Ever try Coca-cola Black? Awful![/QUOTE]

I agree, that stuff was terrible.

Dutch Apple Pop Tarts! With all the bizarre flavors they crank out these days, not to mention a million varieties of chocolate, they couldn't just bring back Apple for a limited time now and then?!

I ordered some Frosted Apple Blast Pop Tarts (from the UK) off Amazon a couple of years ago and they were awesome. Very close to what I remembered. Alas, they are listed as no longer available.

Does anyone here live in the UK? Do they still make the Apple Blast variety? They still come up in a Google search, on Kellogg's site even, but every online UK retailer says they are not available.

I may be missing it or something, but I do not see the previous way you can quickly move to another forum through the JUMP TO drop down option in the bottom right of the page...?

Dont see discussion on this, so what the hell. Im looking forward to Ded Spehs tree and Colonial MArines surprisingly, and the Cyberpunk & Remember Me trailers have me intrigued. But what about the rest of you? Anything you like on or off the radar thats coming up?

We can't have Kinder Eggs in this country either for the same reason. This country is ridiculous, we don't regulate weapons but anything else? Soup's on!
Crazy to see this post is six year old.

USA now has "Kinder Joy" eggs, which are similar to Kinder Surprise...but not exactly the same.

So, progress I guess?

EDIT: And seeing all the requests for Surge is kinda funny now, since I've seen that at stores a lot recently. It "came back".

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the question now is:

What are the Top 10 Best AAA Game Companies to Work for that have good benefits, work conditions, and handle more than one type of game project aka FPS?

Can't find 2L Coca Cola bottles in my local store. I also miss my Star Wars Galaxies guild, that was my first ever true MMO (not to mention browser-based games). Suddenly, I can't find Dafni brush anywhere, that's strange. I loved this brand but, I guess, I should just browse this article and find a new favorite one.

Can't find 2L Coca Cola bottles in my local store. I also miss my Star Wars Galaxies guild, that was my first ever true MMO (not to mention browser-based games). Suddenly, I can't find Dafni brush anywhere, that's strange. I loved this brand but, I guess, I should just browse this article and find a new favorite one.
I wish SWTOR had never been made. That game sucks ass and it shuttered the better MMO that I'd 10/10 sub to right now if I could.

Fruity Marshmallow Krispies, they were made once around the time of my 7th birthday, I got it for my birthday breakfast (we were poor at the time, so bough cereal was only for christmas and brithdays), I remember it tasting amazing, and never seeing it again.  Also, Nintendo Cereal, but only if it tastes the same or similar

bread's done
Back