What is the first PS3 game you purchased?

MGS4 (bundle) then used gift card to get the orange box, burnout, and I forget the third game. And I guess PAIN was my introduction to the PSN.

A used Heavenly Sword off E-bay a few months AFTER I bought my PS3 for about $37.

My neighbor and I picked up 60GB PS3s on New Year's Day in 2007, so a few months after launch. I'd gotten my first PS2 only the year before and like most people at the time, I had a standard definition TV.

So I didn't play PS3 games other than the PSN demos like Genji because I was busy playing PS2 games like God of War and Shadow of the Colossus in standard def.

When we got a HDTV later that year, life changed, and the PS3 purchases took off: Motorstorm, Genji, and Stranglehold (all used).

The first game I actually bought was Valkyria Chronicles. I had a lot of Goozex credit, so I got 3-4 games from there when I first bought my PS3 back in August of last year. Needless to say, I had no problem dropping $60 for that game. It turned me into an instant liar when I said I'd never pay full price for a PS3 game. Sega dashed my resolve!

Resistance FOM in April '07, only after trying the PSN demo first. The fact that I could try a demo on a console without paying or waiting made me glad to own a PS3.

My first game purchase when I got the PS3 in April 2008 was GTA IV, which I actually bought the night prior to getting the PS3.

I believe the second game I picked up was Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom.

I bought my PS3 in July of 2007 so I picked up the first Resistance while I was there, to be technical about it. I ended up trading it in because I didn't like it. I ended up buying something weird like Genji: Days of the Blade (which just traded in for $1.50). Two years and my PS3 collection has barely hit 20 games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My first game purchase when I got the PS3 in April 2008 was GTA IV, which I actually bought the night prior to getting the PS3.

I believe the second game I picked up was Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom.[/QUOTE]

Was Untold Legends any good?

We should do one for blu-ray, too :)
I bought the "Limited Edition" bundle that came with Talladega Nights...and I've yet to watch it :lol:

Anyhow, the first game I bought was resistance. The very first day I played it for 10 minutes then my PS3 fell from my stand and it was stuck in there. I took it back to exchange it and since they didn't have any more copies of resistance I ended up getting Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Rainbow Six Vegas.

It might have been Uncharted. Got it for $20 or $30 during the Blockbuster clearance. Then I think I had to go to another store for R&CF:ToD. Or it could have been Gamestop's Gamedays sale on Valkyria Chronicles. I picked up those three titles during those two sales before I bought the PS3 itself during one of the later Dell sales :p

Got Dark Sector a week or so before I got my PS3, then got MGS4, GTA4, and Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 the week after during TRU's b2g1.

Technically Blast Factor, since the Walmart I bought my PS3 at didn't get any copies of Resistance on launch day. I wound up buying it at GameStop the following day, though.

I received Burnout Paradise with my PS3 when I bought it, but the first individual game that I purchased I believe was MGS4:LE

I bought Resistance. Wife bought the PS3 for me as an early Christmas present and picked up Singstar with it

MGS4. I had tinkered with all of the MGS games over the years at friend's houses, but never did an honest play through on my own. I bought the MGS 80 gig PS3, and played through MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, Portable Ops (using the PS3 cable), and finally 4. It took me about 6 weeks or so.

[quote name='Number83']Hmm...I have to go to the way back machine, but I think it was Lair.[/QUOTE]

*high-five*

:whistle2:(

If I remember correctly my first games were R:FOM and Oblivion followed shortly by M:UA. I still have Oblivion and M:UA but have not played more that an hour or so into each. So many other games came along and pushed them down the list.

After searching high and low for a store that had a launch 20 GB PS3 still in stock (this was end of Jan. 2007), I celebrated that victory with Resistance: FoM.

I used my PS3 to play PS2 games for quite a few months before I bought my first PS3 game. Rock Band 1, Warriors Orochi 2, Eternal Poison, and Persona 4 easily occupied me until Valkyria Chronicles came out. The 2nd PS3 game I got after that was Rock Band 2 when the local Circuit City went under. I subscribed to Gamefly around that time also since it beat renting PS3 games from Blockbuster and bought Folklore from them as my 3rd PS3 game.

Oh wait, I think Eternal Poison and Persona 4 came out after Valkyria Chronicles. I guess I was rotating them back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Modern Warfare, which I played almost exclusively for months along with a few PS2 games. Also preordered Ass Creed when I bought my PS3, but ended up canceling it because I decided it wasn't worth it.

My first game was Enchanted Arms. It was $20 at TRU, and I needed another $20 game for the B2G1F sale, so even though I didn't even have a PS3 at the time, I ended up getting it anyway. I did end up getting my PS3 a few months later (on Black Friday of '07), though.

Funny thing is, I still haven't actually played it yet.

bread's done
Back