What is the most/least amount of money you ever spent on a game?

On a GAME ONLY (not any special edition or any type of bundled game), I'd say Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES) and I remember when I went to Toys R Us and it was $75 + tax :( But this is also first game purchase ever.

Most - Steel Battalion (Line of Fire I think it might have been called, the second one) 110 UK pounds, so at the current exchange rate thats roughly $220.

Least - Zelda: Legend of the 4 Swords on Gamecube for free from Sears (had been removed from system).

I spent $50 for Rampage for the Nes- not the most in pure dollars, but seeing as it represented a good chunk of myentire yearly "wages" it felt like the most.
Otherwise it would have been panzer dragoon saga off ebay 6 or 7 years ago for $90.

The least? replacing my copy of tecmo super bowl and tyson's punchout for a few dollars each are the more memorable ones, conker n64 for $5 from toyrus would be the best new game I got cheap

Most spent on game including peripherals: Rock Band ($170)
Most spent on game excluding peripherals: Radiant Silvergun ($150)
Least spent on game: $1 for 20 Atari 2600 carts
Least spent on somewhat-recently-released game: Zombie Revenge + Dynamite Cop (DC) for $0.49 each (and worth every penny!)

200 bucks for samba de amigo. Got two sets of maracas. Although now i think one of them has a busted sensor :(

I got tons of genesis games for 49 cents when the wherehouse music was trying to get of the previous rentals. Most notably all the 4 main sonic games and gunstar heroes

For only a game: $80 for a new copy of Chrono Trigger back when it first came out.
If bundles included: Rock Band!

Not sure about least.

I've gotten several games at K-Mart for les than $1. Most recently I got some GBA game for $.20 and an e-reader card pack for $.07.

The most I've spent? $400 on a complete DKC Competition Cart. That sounds really bad, but the value is around double what I paid and it's something you just can't find any cheaper.

[quote name='opportunity777']Samba De Amigo! Do you have the blue or gold box set?

I got the game for $5 and the maracas for $35 from a friend :)[/QUOTE]

I think the box is gold/yellow

[quote name='coolsteel']80 Dollars for Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, early n64 days were expensive as hell[/quote]

Indeed.

During the 'gold' rush, I spent around 80 dollars, of my hard-earned pre-employment, money on GoldenEye. I can still recall the excitement as we drove down Likelike highway (the N. School St. store), and as I weaved through the crowd to pick-up the copy I reserved over the phone. Memories. :drool:

Did The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask retail for $59.99 back when it was released? If it did then that would be my most expensive game I have bought, that I remember at least.

I've gotten games for free, but if you mean the cheapest game I ever actually gave money for... that would be some old NES cartridges.

Uhm if Rock Band doesn't count.

I think it was ~ 100 bucks or so for World of Warcraft at release. Couldn't find one in stores and I had to get it off Ebay.

And 5 bucks for Gun. 99 cents for Max Payne (Gf's). 5 dollars for Prey. I think I got a game for a penny, don't remember.

My least expensive game was XIII from EB's website before they were bought by Gamestop. They had it for less then $10 shipped (I think it was $7) with a 10 coupon code for their website. I made about $3 on that game. \\:D/I haven't even played it yet.

The cheapest game I can remember actually paying for was Trace Memory for around $2 at Toys R Us.

I don't think I've ever payed more then retail price for a game, the most expensive I can think of is the 360 Oblivion Collector's Edition.

I bought Devil May Cry a couple years ago for like 6 bucks I think.

I shelled out like 65 dollars or however much it cost for the FFXII collector's edition, it was a damn nice case.

$.01, Mortal Kombat III from Best Buy. We thought we were getting the arcade (that's what the contest said in the store, they lied of course). Compensation, we got it for a penny.

Pocket Monsters Gold import. Spent...$85 on it. Couldn't even understand it, but I beat it.

I got a few penny games from TRU back when they pennied out the green tag clearance games a few years ago. Terminator: Dawn of Fate (PS3) was one. Awful, but still only a penny.

The most I ever spent on a game was $199.99 for Steel Battalion when it first came out on the Xbox.....

If that doesn't count because it comes with a large peripheral...then the most expensive for me may come here in a day or so, I have a $120.00 bid out on a copy of Radiant Silvergun on eBay.

As for the cheapest, probably Street Sk8ter for the PS One, I remember I got that for $1.99 at Blockbuster used years ago, they dropped the price alot after Tony Hawk 1 came out.

C'mon, I was expecting more people to say they've gotten games for free at Target :D

[quote name='Rozz']C'mon, I was expecting more people to say they've gotten games for free at Target :D[/quote]

Well, free isn't cheap, it's free!

cheap adjective, -er, -est, adverb, noun –adjective
1. costing very little; relatively low in price; inexpensive
2. charging low prices: a very cheap store.

:D

Most: Bioshock LE @ $69.99 + taxation
Least: I bought a lot of 17 360 games for $55 off ebay which is roughly $3.25 per game.

The most I can remember spending on a game is $75 for Panzer Dragoon Saga. And the least I think was Dragon Warrior because it came free with a Nintendo Power subscription.

I spent $80 for Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars for the Super Nintendo. The least amount that I spent was $1.97 for Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee for the PSP.

Most:
Pokemon Pearl- I have seriously never spent more than 35 bucks in cash on a game. For games that cost more money I usually have gift cards/tons of coupons.

least- Tons of crap from yard sale lots at less than 25 cents each.

Most on any "game item" : Rock Band Bundle @ about $160
Most cash on a game without peripherals: $90 for a new copy of MGS3: Subsistence LE
Most traded for a single game: About $130 for Radiant Silvergun

I probably spent more during the NES/SNES days, but I was young, so it's harder to remember.

I spent a little over $80 to get my first copy of Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete from Chips & Bits years ago. Had to be one of the greatest purchases I ever made. They sent the three discs in one tiny envelope (no case)! :lol: Worth every penny. Every copy I got after that original came in better condition (including complete copies) for less money. Best Lunar grab was a complete copy in excellent condition for $25.

As for a new game, I bought Twilight Princess as I was buying my Wii. That was full price. The more expensive games (Rock Band, GH series, DDR, etc.) were purchased through Trainn for a few bucks.

I'm not counting all the free games I have received over the years. The cheapest used game I can remember offhand was .99 cents or something for PS2 garbage.

Cheapest new game? I remember getting Amplitude, Front Mission (4?), and a few other PS2 titles for $2 each two or three years ago thanks to CAG.

And it was mentioned earlier, so I gotta ask: What's this blue Samba set that was referenced? I have the game and a pair of the official maracas, and they are in a yellow box. I'm curious as to what the blue set is.

I've bought 4 new games in my life. NFSU2 for PS2, NFSU Rivals for PSP, Guitar Hero 2 for PS2 and Guitar Hero 3 for Wii. So far, GH3 for Wii is the highest, at $82 + tax. The rest of my games were all used or free.

Most I've ever paid for a game was $90 for Shining Force 3, on Sega Saturn (interesting side note; it is one of the only games I have from high school that hasn't been traded)

The least I have ever spent was .99 for ZOE: The Fist of Mars, on GameBoy Advance, because it was SUCH a good game, and it hurt my feelings to see it for that price.

my most expensive game i ever bought was the 1st rogue squadron on the N64 for £50 an my cheapest was metal gear solid 2 for £2.99 last week hehe

Most: Wii Fit - $90 (in Smash Bros Brawl announcer voice: A NEW RECORD!)

I don't even know why I paid so much for it because.. I really don't want it.:whistle2:/

I'm not one to go insane.

But I think Hey You Pikachu was 70. So yeah, that's the worst.

The least would have to be Crash 2, got it for 2.00 not long ago. But then again I think I've gotten some NES games for 99 cents at some garage sales back in the 90's.

Most - Phantasy Star IV (sega genesis) $100 in 1994 at Babbages
Least - Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (ps2) $4 at Target clearance

Most Expensive - $130 for a sealed Digital Devil Saga Deluxe
Least Expensive - $10 for a used ps2 game that i've forgotten

Probably gonna get beat my record for most expensive game bought this year.

Most: $115 for Snes import copy of 'Super Fire Pro Wrestling' X at release.

Least: During the original videogame crash, I picked up dozens of new and sealed Atari 2600 carts that were 2 for $1. Damn I wish I still had those!

bread's done
Back