What is your favorite band(s)?

Mercyful Fate, Slayer, Black Sabbath, The Stooges, Deep Purple (Mark 2), Mastodon has been getting a lot of play in my Zune.

My favorites change but nothing has stuck with me as constant favorites as much as ..

Rage Against the Machine
Dire Straits
Pink Floyd

Also contenders ...

A Perfect Circle
Tool
Deftones
Kula Shaker
Cornershop
Daft Punk
Chemical Brothers
Grateful Dead
Sublime

Last edited by a moderator:
51F55JJS6BL.jpg

Eh, I'll throw out the Top 8 artists in my Last.FM that are a balance of overall and current faves:

The Beatles, Rage Against the Machine, Boris, My Blood Valentine, The Roots, Radiohead, The Depreciation Guild, and Pharoahe Monch.

Frank Zappa, Death, Cynic, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Ulver, Melvins, Boris, Carcass, Celtic Frost, Naked City, Noothgrush, Tad, Tom Waits, 16, Ron Jarzombek, Allan Holdsworth. That should cover it...

Boris, Genghis Tron, Muga, Swarrrm, jesu, Leftover Crack, Dystopia, Wake Up On Fire, Moonshine, Mindless Self Indulgence, Spazz

I think that about covers it.

Air, Freezepop, Symbian, Planet Smashers, Raconteurs, We Will Build, James Iha, Moby, Cibo Matto, Ming and Ping, Vampire Weekend, and Prince.

I always make fun of everyone else's music choices so I guess I'll put myself out there, it's only fair.

Recent favs: Cut Copy, VHS or Beta, Justice.

Some (of many) long-time favs: Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party, Ima Robot, The Killers, Modest Mouse, Ted Leo, Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Kill Your Idols, None More Black, Mustard Plug, Kid Dynamite, Cloak/Dagger, Screeching Weasel, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Lemuria, and Rush are probably my top favorites.

The Shins, Elbow, Built to Spill, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Flogging Molly, Pearl Jam, Mates of State, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Arcade Fire and Queens of the Stone Age.

probably At the Drive-In

[quote name='JJSP']At the risk of constant ridicule, Less Than Jake or New Found Glory.[/quote]

you're seeing less of me touring! i like some NFG, they're not bad at all

This is simple: Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, and Alice in Chains. Trailing those bands would be Elton John, Guns N' Roses, and Journey. The final, lower tier would be Queen, The Who, and Dio.

Most music released within the last decade lacks creativity and substance.

[quote name='JJSP']At the risk of constant ridicule, Less Than Jake or New Found Glory.[/quote]

You suck!!!!!

Naw...I'm just kidding. I don't really care what you listen to..;)

Queens of the Stone Age.

The Cardigans, Silversun Pickups, Interpol, The Blood Brothers, Death From Above 1979, White Zombie, Metric.

fuckin Journey. :nottalking: I cannot know you, lwow.

Like Mackler I have a lot of influx in my taste but three bands I've been into for a longass time and I think I'll always love are New Order, Dire Straits and Nightwish (god i'm such a mallgoth for that one).

I'm not good at doing lists, so I'm going to pick and choose my favorite bands that have been posted so far:

[quote name='Maklershed']Pink Floyd[/quote]

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Boris[/quote]

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']jesu[/quote]

[quote name='Trakan']Tool, Nine Inch Nails[/quote]

[quote name='Brak']Queens of the Stone Age, The Blood Brothers, Death From Above 1979 Everything you posted, actually.[/quote]

Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Agalloch, Metallica, Opeth, Iced Earth, Slayer and many more but too lazy to type them all.

Pearl Jam has been my favorite since Ten came out in 1991.

Some other favorites: Dave Matthews Band, Incubus, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, Live, Modest Mouse, Audioslave, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, Coldplay, Stone Temple Pilots, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles.....

The Pixies

Also, They Might Be Giants, Modest Mouse, Violent Femmes, White Stripes, ACDC, Blue October, The Cure, U2, Beck, Rancid, Weezer, and Archers of Loaf.

I'll be the weird one with my favorites.. :)

Delerium
Conjure One
Schiller
Chandeen
Kate Havnevik
Bassboosa
Secret Garden
Paul Schwartz
and many more really..

My current music hunt is for epic celtic and orchestra style electronic music.(I love nice strings with cool beats) Not much success on that front so far..

some of my favs (seen all of these):
the prodigy
the locust
the blood brothers
leftover crack
subhumans
melt banana
dying fetus
slipknot
manson
nin
soulfly
primus
rage
cypress hill
public enemy
chemical brothers
fantomas
an albatross
grazhdanskaya oborona (russian band, 'civil defense')
vopli vidoplyasova (ukrainian band)
the exploited (played a show with them w/ my old band - sick liberty)
the dead kennedys (played a show with them)
biohazard (played a show with them)
most precious blood (played a show with them)
sick liberty (seen them after i left the band)

fav bands i didnt get to see:
mr.bungle
sepultura
nogu svelo (russian band, 'leg got twisted')

im currently involved in a post-noise-core project: sickle fpc, check it out - myspace.com/sicklefpc

Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Joe Bonamassa, Gov't Mule, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, Ayreon, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, The Cult, Spock's Beard/Neal Morse

Alexisonfire
At The Gates
Bad Religion
Black Dahlia Murder
Children of Bodom
Dethklok
In Flames
Johnny Truant
Kataklysm
K.M.F.D.M.
Muse
Nine Inch Nails