What is your most coveted possession in your gaming collection?

Ok...if just general gaming, THIS is my favorite item:
aroadshow.jpg

VIDEO gaming-wise, it would be a toss up between my Virtual Boy collection or my perfect copy of X-Com for the PS1.....man I love that game to this day.

My Sega Saturn kiosk with a Saturn, Dreamcast, JVC Xeye w/ 32X wired into it. Id post pics but im sure u all have seen it before in other threads

Probably my copy of Dragon Force for the Saturn that I got for 50 cents at a yard sale, yup its nearly mint too.

Also all the GBA and GBC games I have with boxes and manuals, its REALLY hard to find these types of games with boxes and manuals these days so I think they are pretty special. I have all the Pokemon RPG's with all the boxes, Dragon Warrior games with boxes etc..

I don't own anything worth a lot, but I consider coveted:

Death Smiles: Limited Edition Xbox 360 (complete)
Persona: Collector's Edition PSP (complete)
Star Wars: the Force Unleased II Collector's Edition Xbox 360 (complete)
River City Ransom GBA (cart only)
Lady Sia GBA (complete)
Wario Blast GB (cart only)
Starcraft 64 (cart only)
Snow Brothers NES (cart only)

Harvest Moon 64 (complete, but might be with my brother)
Mega Man game gear (same as Harvest Moon 64)

[quote name='SaraAB']Probably my copy of Dragon Force for the Saturn that I got for 50 cents at a yard sale, yup its nearly mint too.

Also all the GBA and GBC games I have with boxes and manuals, its REALLY hard to find these types of games with boxes and manuals these days so I think they are pretty special. I have all the Pokemon RPG's with all the boxes, Dragon Warrior games with boxes etc..[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'd love to see your GB collection. Any chance you could post pics?

I've recently started re-collecting GB games and it's been insanely difficult finding complete copies. I only have 15 or so... but most of them are fairly rare/uncommon ones. I'm missing a lot of the common stuff (the Marios/Pokemons/Nintendo games).:lol:

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I don't own anything worth a lot, but I consider coveted:

Lady Sia GBA (complete)
[/QUOTE]

Wow, I honestly never thought I'd see that game spoken of on here... Lady Sia was an awesome game and one of my shameful pleasures. I played it on my cousins system and got hooked on it and actually borrowed it from her back in the day.

[quote name='Doomstink']Make sure you play it regularly, I left my Virtual Boy sitting unused for a few years and when I went back to test it out one of the lenses wasn't functioning correctly. Apparently it's a pretty regular issue with some of the wires and how they were soldered to the motherboard. I bought my VB for $20 at Kay Bee when it was being clearanced, it's a damn shame it is broken because I loved Galactic Pinball.[/QUOTE]

That's actually why I posted it... lol. My unit got the shaft... but I found someone online who fixes. So hopefully that goes through because apparently the fix is permanent, and lord knows I feel like spending $80 some odd dollars on an overpriced eBay auction.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']My PS1 copy of FFVII, signed by one Nobuo Uematsu.[/QUOTE]
Did you happen to buy that off of Amazon or did you get it signed yourself?

a Nintendo 64DD Mario game that I hope to one day be able to play

they go for like $70+ on eBay, someone put one on an auction once for $14 Free shipping, I bid and WON!

best steal auction ever! not to mention there are only a certain amount in the world

Most coveted is my copy of Snatcher for the Sega CD (which I keep in my safe). It's the one game I will never part with under any circumstances.

Other titles...

My copies of Dragon Force, Guardian Heroes, and Shining Force III for Sega Saturn.

Factory sealed copies of Arc the Lad Collection for PS1 and Growlanser Generations for PS2.

Suikoden II for PS1.

Metal Gear Solid for Gameboy Color.

[quote name='ROB64']Pic, since moop requested them:
DSCF0037.jpg
[/QUOTE]

i actually got one of these, brand new, from the goodwill in my area a year ago. everything is brand new, and never opened. only paid $30 for it.

[quote name='Vinny']Wow, I'd love to see your GB collection. Any chance you could post pics?

I've recently started re-collecting GB games and it's been insanely difficult finding complete copies. I only have 15 or so... but most of them are fairly rare/uncommon ones. I'm missing a lot of the common stuff (the Marios/Pokemons/Nintendo games).:lol:

Wow, I honestly never thought I'd see that game spoken of on here... Lady Sia was an awesome game and one of my shameful pleasures. I played it on my cousins system and got hooked on it and actually borrowed it from her back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I have all the boxes folded and they are in storage but I do have them and the manuals, I even have the little plastic bags the games came in, for the most part (I probably have extra of those actually). Its kind of silly to pile them all up when if I ever want to take them out I can just re-fold them and no damage is done to them whatsoever. They take up a lot of space when they are properly displayed(and I don't have anywhere to really put them when they are folded properly). I think I might be missing a box for Pokemon red version but that is the only one out of the Pokemon games. Of course I have a bunch of cart only GBA games as well but my boxed games probably outnumber my cart only ones.

Oh yeah I have a toploader NES, with the box. The box is kinda beat up though and has a few holes in it.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Did you happen to buy that off of Amazon or did you get it signed yourself?[/QUOTE]

I have a friend who helps with organizing Anime Boston. Uematsu was there last year, so I gave my friend (who is also a fan of his) my copy of the game and he was able to get both his copy and my copy signed.

I'd have to say my Bioshock faceplate - love the game and snagged this on an ebay BIN for $20. Pic isn't mine, but it's the same

bioshockfaceplate.jpg

I've got so many games and tchochkes that if I were to have said I have a "ton" of them, I might not be exaggerating. Eh, maybe just a half-ton. Though I do have "traditionally valuable" things like sealed copies of MGS3:Subsistence LE+Saga and Mass Effect LCE, I think the few things that I actually care that I have are:

-Pikachu N64 w/ light-up cheeks
-Ash baseball cap
-Pikachu "face" baseball cap w/ ears
-"signed" Grim Fandango box (signatures in blue foil) w/ Manny push-bottom toy
-Nintendo-branded fleece sweater & messenger bag I won from a Mario Tennis 64 tournament
-misc Nintendo Happy Meal toys & game-watches from McD's from the '80s/'90s

Way back in the day, the employees at EB Games would hook me up w/ various promotional materials like standees & display stuff. I have numerous Nintendo ones (amongst others), but one thing I'm damned sure almost no one else has is an approx 4'x4' stiff plastic window "poster" for Full Spectrum Warrior. Man, did I love that game.

Wow....you guys have some impressive collections out there. There is a bunch of stuff listed that I used to own and am kicking myself for selling, but that's a whole other thread.

I have 2, first is my still in the box Pikachu Nintendo 64 and of course my most prized gaming possession has to be my Black Label Parasite Eve. Its the first game I ever bought and hands down my favorite. Go AYA BREA!!!

[quote name='SaraAB']Unfortunately I have all the boxes folded and they are in storage but I do have them and the manuals, I even have the little plastic bags the games came in, for the most part (I probably have extra of those actually). Its kind of silly to pile them all up when if I ever want to take them out I can just re-fold them and no damage is done to them whatsoever. They take up a lot of space when they are properly displayed(and I don't have anywhere to really put them when they are folded properly). I think I might be missing a box for Pokemon red version but that is the only one out of the Pokemon games. Of course I have a bunch of cart only GBA games as well but my boxed games probably outnumber my cart only ones.

Oh yeah I have a toploader NES, with the box. The box is kinda beat up though and has a few holes in it.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad. How many games do you have in total?

I remember one CAG saying he had over 300 complete GB games or something. No pics but it was a long-time/popular member so I doubt he was lying.

mine aint worth squat, but my favorite thin is my framed gta san andreas poster. i got it from a body who worked at a store that was closing and he safed it for me. gta sa is one of my all time favorite games . Put almost 200 hours into it

I hate all of you that have Panzer Dragoon Saga. Anyway for me it would have to be my second edition (blue button) steel battalion.

I have NOTHING of any real value.
But I do guard my copy of FFIX like it was made of platinum.
Last time someone picked it up without my permission, I suplexed his sorry ass into a neckbrace.

Probably my collection of Mario Land games (sadly most are cart only).

I own
Super Mario Land 1-3
Wario Land 2,3,4 and Shake it.

All I am missing is the Virtual Boy Wario Land.

[quote name='Vinny']That's too bad. How many games do you have in total?

I remember one CAG saying he had over 300 complete GB games or something. No pics but it was a long-time/popular member so I doubt he was lying.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure how many I have total but maybe about 100 complete games for GBA and GBC. The thing is with GBC/GBA a lot of the games are crap, and even a complete copy of a crap game isn't going to fetch a lot of money. But for the more coveted titles like castlevania, mario and Pokemon the complete copies do get a lot more money.

Forgot to also mention that I have this:

Fallout-3-t-shirt.jpg

Got it from my brother in law's brother, who works at Bethesda. I've also got a Gears of War 2 Dev Team shirt (from my own time working on the game).

The best game in my collection is Panzer Dragoon Saga, which I paid too much for ($160), but it was well worth it. By far one of my favorite games of all time. Way too short, though.

My most coveted item would probably be my sealed Super Mario Land for the Original Game Boy. Its not a rare game by any means, but I actually found it a few months ago at a PNT for $5. The store normally has crap at jacked up prices ($40 for Startropics & Tetris on NES) so I was amazed when I came across it. Its a personal reminder of why you should always look for rarities any place you can.

My 2nd most coveted item is my sealed Mass Effect 1 CE. I got it off Estarland's website, so it doesn't have as great a story behind it, but its still quite valuable, and the key point of my RPG collection.

Wow,sealed Mass Effect 1 CE, nice. I had a pretty nice used copy for awhile, but ended up dumping it. I was actually gonna say that my sealed ME 2 CE is one of my top ones. Probably after that, sealed MGS VR missions PS1.

Signed copy of Valkyria Chronicles by Ryutaro Nonaka when he was in San Francisco for an event. He also signed my copy of Nightshade.

[quote name='SaraAB']I am not sure how many I have total but maybe about 100 complete games for GBA and GBC. The thing is with GBC/GBA a lot of the games are crap, and even a complete copy of a crap game isn't going to fetch a lot of money. But for the more coveted titles like castlevania, mario and Pokemon the complete copies do get a lot more money.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not but it's still pretty fun playing those old GB games on a black and green screen.:lol:

[quote name='dan13l858']I probably say my Mass Effect CE sealed, my Metal Slug US AES collection and my perfect Donkey Kong arcade machine.[/QUOTE]

I'm kicking myself for selling my sealed copy back before Mass Effect really picked up steam (before ME2 was announced/released). I didn't have the job and really need the money...

[quote name='Vinny'] I'm kicking myself for selling my sealed copy back before Mass Effect really picked up steam (before ME2 was announced/released). I didn't have the job and really need the money...[/QUOTE]

Since i never sell any of my games or opening them up half the time. I usually end up with ton of value stuff. Sometimes i will notice a game that might be valuable down the road and so i won't open it like MVC2 PS3 voucher box.

[quote name='dan13l858']Since i never sell any of my games or opening them up half the time. I usually end up with ton of value stuff. Sometimes i will notice a game that might be valuable down the road and so i won't open it like MVC2 PS3 voucher box.[/QUOTE]

I think that was rare from the first day, since there was only 15K produced or something. I've seen a new one sell for $150 a few months back.

Of course, the only games to ever appreciate in value are those that I pass on or those that I have to sell off.

[quote name='Vinny']I think that was rare from the first day, since there was only 15K produced or something. I've seen a new one sell for $150 a few months back.

Of course, the only games to ever appreciate in value are those that I pass on or those that I have to sell off.[/QUOTE]

Guess i shouldve never opened mine. :cry:

[quote name='Vinny']I think that was rare from the first day, since there was only 15K produced or something. I've seen a new one sell for $150 a few months back.

Of course, the only games to ever appreciate in value are those that I pass on or those that I have to sell off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was told by a GS manager that each store only received ONE MvC2 PS3 voucher box.

I was aware that it was going be rare since I bought it the first day it was available on gamestp.com.

My sealed Shadow Hearts 2 (with $9.99 price sticker intact for extra awesomeness). Not worth a huge amount, but as one of my favorite RPGs ever, valuable to me.

Megaman 9 poster is easily number 1
Doesn't mean as much but very hard to get Sanwa Green Star Balltop (limited to 500 pieces)

[quote name='dabamus']Yeah, I was told by a GS manager that each store only received ONE MvC2 PS3 voucher box.[/QUOTE]

He lied to you. My 2 closest stores got 8-9 each.

347117203_b24b4985e8.jpg

I doubt many of you have one of these bad boys. It's okay to grovel at my feet.

(Not my picture, by the way.)

I'm not sure how many of my items would be coveted by other people. I've got a near-mint (and complete) copy of Suikoden II, which tends to go for a lot of money.

And there's my original Japan-only version of Pokémon Stadium. I doubt it's worth much, but it's special to me because it was my first import.

I also have the original Final Fantasy with box (no manual), which I think is pretty nifty, but I'm not sure if anyone else really cares about it.

Ooh, ooh! But I do have one of these:
Nelsonic-SuperMarioWorld.jpg

Still in working order, although my wrists are too big for it now. (Again, not my picture.)

I'm also rather fond of these just because I've only ever seen them one other time:
5238741043_8e1262ce82.jpg

(My picture this time...I'm kidding, I stole it.)

I get cool stuff sometimes in exchange for writing reviews, but that pen/pin set is one of the niftier things I've received.

[quote name='ROB64']Pic, since moop requested them:
DSCF0037.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That's beautiful. I still remember the Christmas Eve night when I opened mine (that's how they did it at my aunt's house). If it weren't for that little machine, my life would be completely different, for better or worse. All I had was SMB/Duck Hunt for a couple of months, but it was all I needed. It's silly, but gaming felt a lot more magical back then.

bread's done
Back