What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest (LP)
The Kinks - Word of Mouth (LP)
The Kinks - Give The People What They Want (LP)
David Bowie - Let's Dance (LP)
Gorillaz - Plastic Beach (2xLP)

365_medium.jpg

Haven't bought music for some time now (not much spending money) but I have a big list ready when I can get some CDs again. Anyway I'm extremely upset at how stupid prices are for CDs that come from Japan. Who the hell thinks I'm spending anywhere near 25 and above on music?!?! Get some damn US distribution. I'm not going to be getting your stuff legally till then because everybody else understands the whole "CDs should be about 12 to 16 dollars unless we are a pompous band that can make people spend 18 on our new album just cause we're popular."
Sorry for the rant but seriously.

Clark - Totems Flare
Black Tusk - Taste the Sin
Down - Diary of a Mad Band
Slipknot (sic)nesses (I know, not a CD but it's music so I listed it)

[quote name='bardockkun']Drove 50 some miles and paid $18 to get Combichrist: Making Monsters today...[/QUOTE]

You don't have a Hot Topic anywhere near you? It's in the listening stations in every HT store for $9.99.

Stone Sour - Audio Secrecy. I absolutely love this album. I saw them in concert at Rockstar Uproar festival this year and I was blown away.

My Morrissey singles FINALLY came in from the UK.
And I was one of the lucky random 200 folks to get a personally signed print!!!
I didn't think I'd get one!

One sold on ebay for about $220... nah, could never do it.

just got Going Back - Special Edition delivered to me today. I also found a deluxe edition of ZZTop's Eliminator remaster from 2008 at a local music store. Also picked up Young Americans by David Bowie at a music store when I was in Newport News. I was about to buy ELO II and Big Bam Boom also, but I had to resist atm

Dimmu Borgir: Abrahadabra (digipack) and I should be getting my Angelspit: Larva Pupa Tank Coffin in from my friend as a late bday present.

Bought "Blood of the Nations", the newest Accept album which is my first cd purchase in probably a few years. Pretty great so far (only halfway through), but one thing I noticed. I don't know if it's all cds now or if it's just because Accept isn't Justin Beiber (and thank god for that), but $9.99 for a new album? Granted, they were having a 10% off sale, but that's a bit cheaper than I remember cds being. Not that I'm complaining.

[quote name='JStryke']Bought "Blood of the Nations", the newest Accept album which is my first cd purchase in probably a few years. Pretty great so far (only halfway through), but one thing I noticed. I don't know if it's all cds now or if it's just because Accept isn't Justin Beiber (and thank god for that), but $9.99 for a new album? Granted, they were having a 10% off sale, but that's a bit cheaper than I remember cds being. Not that I'm complaining.[/QUOTE]

Very good album! :applause:

[quote name='bmachine']You don't have a Hot Topic anywhere near you? It's in the listening stations in every HT store for $9.99.[/QUOTE]
My bad! Didn't mean to be a dick and ignore your post. I Went to three or four Hot Topic's here in Colorado because I KNEW they were on sale at the time and NONE of them had it. Even had them do a store check in their system and none. So really no place had it besides local record shops and they charge arm and a leg for new CD's that aren't super well known so I bit the bullet and got it. Worth it though.

[quote name='bardockkun']Dimmu Borgir: Abrahadabra (digipack) and I should be getting my Angelspit: Larva Pupa Tank Coffin in from my friend as a late bday present.[/QUOTE]

ugh man, I hate the cd so far...maybe it needs to grow on me >.>

[quote name='refusedchaos']ugh man, I hate the cd so far...maybe it needs to grow on me >.>[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm kinda mixed on it as well...

Last CD I paid for in a store I think it was Nas - Stillmatic

Then some best of Van Halen and Best of Skid Row albums. I used to buy a lot until everyone convinced me to use napster.

I've only bought 1 CD in my life... that was BoA-Identity.
I listen mostly to kpop/jpop so it's expensive and hard to get in Canada, so I download 99.9% of my music. Almost have 60gbs now =D

The last CD I bought (physical CD not iTunes) was Lee Brice's debut CD Picture of Me. He is from the same hometown as I am and I've been watching him play ever since started in the little dives we have in Sumter. The whole CD is awesome and if you are a fan of country music you owe it to yourself to pick it up. It's only like $9.99 and it his hit "Love Like Crazy"

[quote name='dallow']My Morrissey singles FINALLY came in from the UK.
And I was one of the lucky random 200 folks to get a personally signed print!!!
I didn't think I'd get one!

One sold on ebay for about $220... nah, could never do it.[/QUOTE]

awesome!

[quote name='bardockkun']My goddamn Angelspit: Larva Pupa Tank Coffin FINALLY came in yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I need to order that still.

My latest addition is Abney Park - The End of Days. It arrived today! Amazing album.

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magik
The Cure- Boys Don't Cry
Aerosmith- Rocks

It's been a while since I've gotten stuff. Feels good.

My Darkest Days - I was looking for a new, modern-ish rock album, and decided to give this a shot.

Nothing ground breaking, but a good listen.

Dory Previn - Mythical Kings and Iguanas / Reflections in a Mud Puddle (2 albums on 1)
Morrissey - Bona Drag (UK reissue, bonus tracks)

[quote name='dallow']Morrissey - Bona Drag (UK reissue, bonus tracks)[/QUOTE]
Any deals anywhere? I've only seen it on Amazon for $24, and that's a bit too much for an immediate buy.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I'd like to see a picture of your Smiths/Morrissey collection, Dallow.[/QUOTE]:) I'll dig everything out one of these days.
I was actually just about to go on another binge to fill in some of the bigger holes in my collection.

[quote name='pete5883']Any deals anywhere? I've only seen it on Amazon for $24, and that's a bit too much for an immediate buy.[/QUOTE]It's actually a bit cheaper buying from Amazon.co.uk directly. Currently £9.00 which is about $14 and shipping is about £3.00 for around $18.83 total.

I picked it up when it was on discount for £7.62, £10.70 shipped so about $17.xx shipped.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bona-Drag-2...AZKO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288838646&sr=8-1

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']How is that? I'm not expecting much after how their first album was, and after If... but I'm intrigued.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not Mindless Self Indulgence, so if you want MSI, don't buy The Left Rights. It's a lot stranger than their first album if you ask me. They cover/parody a lot of genres in the new one. I like it more than their first, personally.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Intronaut - Valley of Smoke (fuck YES)
The Ocean - Heliocentric
Raunchy - A Discord Electric[/QUOTE]

That Intronaut album is really good, but Prehistoricisms is just a bit better. I saw them open Mastodon, they're fucking great live and that's what got me into them.

Jimmy Eat World--Invented.

Have only given it a couple of listens, but seems pretty good. Probably not up to snuff with Bleed American or Futures, but better than Chase This Light for sure.

bread's done
Back