What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

Had an awesome find tonight.

Sleep- Dopesmoker (the 2003 release) for $8 off Amazon Used.

That retails for over $40 on ebay.

Also that Orange Goblin Boxset cost me like $14. My boss gave me a $25 Best Buy giftcard for xmas so I used that for it.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Had an awesome find tonight.

Sleep- Dopesmoker (the 2003 release) for $8 off Amazon Used.

That retails for over $40 on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Really? I bought that new from a local record store for like $10 a few years ago.

Bought Municipal Waste - The Fatal Feast today in preparation for their tour with Anthrax, Exodus and High On Fire.

I'll be buying the Orange Goblin set when I receive my Amazon gift card I got with my MasterCard reward points.

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Bloodlust ($4 over at Amazon mp3, still hunting for a deal on the lp).

Municipal Waste is playing next weekend in Philly w/ Converge, Pig Dstroyer, and Tombs. Followed the very next night by Neurosis. Not sure if I'm young enough to handle both shows...

I bought a lot in between now and my last post but fuck that, I got some good shit today. Ordered a copy of Electric Wizard's Legalize Drugs & Murder EP. Apparently the tape version has a ridiculously good mix and is one of the best sounding things they've done.

[quote name='mykevermin']Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Bloodlust ($4 over at Amazon mp3, still hunting for a deal on the lp).

Municipal Waste is playing next weekend in Philly w/ Converge, Pig Dstroyer, and Tombs. Followed the very next night by Neurosis. Not sure if I'm young enough to handle both shows...[/QUOTE]

I thought about going to that Neurosis show, but probably won't. I've never been to Union Transfer, I don't even know where it is.

Red Fang - Murder the Mountains
Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Oh man, been eager to hear Murder the Mountains for awhile now after seeing them live a few months back.

[quote name='bardockkun']Red Fang - Murder the Mountains
Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Oh man, been eager to hear Murder the Mountains for awhile now after seeing them live a few months back.[/QUOTE]

Murder the Mountains is a fantastic album, much better than their first, imo.

[quote name='GhostShark']Tegan and Sara - Heartthrob[/QUOTE]
That album sounds more like a Metric album, but it's so poppy that I can't hate it whenever my friend plays it.

[quote name='bardockkun']That album sounds more like a Metric album, but it's so poppy that I can't hate it whenever my friend plays it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can hear the "poppy" sound of it. I actually like the album, just not as much as The Con and Sainthood.

[quote name='GhostShark']Yeah, I can hear the "poppy" sound of it. I actually like the album, just not as much as The Con and Sainthood.[/QUOTE]
I Like it too, it's just it took some time to get out of the weird confusion I had with all the heavier emphasis on synthosizers on compared to others.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The Lumineers- Self Titled[/QUOTE]

same here. They are a local group so I thought I would support them.

Kendrick Lamar - Overly Dedicated .....great CD
Tegan and Sara - Heartthrob.....dissapointed but not to bummed it was only $5
U2- One Single.....ive been on ebay and been trying to pick up random cd singles from bands i like and saw this for $4 so why not

oh and im a HUGE Alkaline Trio fan and pre ordered this $100 uber edition of there new album dropping in April i dont feel to bad about the price point because there only making 500

Recent Pickups
Ayreon- Into The Electric Castle
Enter The Haggis- The Modest Revolution (Kickstarter backed copy came in)
Riverside- Shrine of New Generation Slaves
Stratovarius- Nemesis
Steven Wilson- The Raven That Refused to Sing.

Over the weekend I picked up a great score.

Burning Witch - Crippled Lucifer 4xLP+DVD box set, brand new
Author & Punisher - Ursus Americanus

The Burning Witch set is sealed, and only cost me $65 due to being a trade-in (and thus sold as used). Thing's worth easily twice that.

Dr Dre, The Chronic. 3$ at a thrift store. Needless to say I am not black enough to listen to it. Or maybe it was MCR's Black Parade for 3$ which is there best album IMO

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Over the weekend I picked up a great score.

Burning Witch - Crippled Lucifer 4xLP+DVD box set, brand new
Author & Punisher - Ursus Americanus

The Burning Witch set is sealed, and only cost me $65 due to being a trade-in (and thus sold as used). Thing's worth easily twice that.[/QUOTE]

Very nice job! :cool:

I never personally bought one.

Last one I received as a gift was a Toby Keith one I think.

Now I hate modern country, interests change

Some more good vinyl pick ups:

Boris - Absolutego+ 2xLP
Church Of Misery - Master Of Brutality (sealed) 2xLP
Church Of Misery - The Second Coming (sealed) 2xLP
Sunn O))) - Domkirke (sealed) 2xLP
Oakhelm - Betwixt & Between

Also got Metal Church's self titled on CD. Scored those sealed vinyls for less than the cost of a used copy so I need to weigh whether I want to be a pretentious asshole collector and leave them sealed or actually open them and play the awesomness.

Where do you score like that for so cheap? A store, craigslist, naive people on ebay? Also, open them. records aren't meant to be sealed.

Grabbed an early #'d pressing of Iron Reagan's "Worse Than Dead" LP when they were in town last week.

Bought a bunch at once from goHastings during the B4UG40% sale:

Broken Boy Soldiers~The Racontuers (awesome album, love Jack White!)
We Started Nothing~The Ting Tings (not my usual choices, but they are really good. Remind me of passion pit with more guitar at time:)
Juno Soundtrack (not as good as I'd hope, but really mellow and good to relax to)
Guero~Beck (such a wide range, I think this is his best work personally. Love most of the songs, and they're just so weird at time!)

That's it for now, with spotify buying CDs is a rare occurrence, but satisfied with what I got^.^

Bad Religion-True North.

Best album from them in quite a while. Sounds a lot more like their mid-nineties stuff. Catching them live for the first time in a couple weeks as well.

[quote name='mykevermin']Where do you score like that for so cheap? A store, craigslist, naive people on ebay? Also, open them. records aren't meant to be sealed.

Grabbed an early #'d pressing of Iron Reagan's "Worse Than Dead" LP when they were in town last week.[/QUOTE]

There's a localish record shop that generally is MSRP. However, they've recently had a lot of Rise Above Records/Southern Lord rarities in. It looks like some collector offloaded his entire collection or something because these things are pristine and sealed. The store also has the awesome policy of "we bought it from a person, therefore it's used" even on sealed items, hence cheap as fcuk prices. Talking $15 a piece for the Church Of Misery and only $30 for the Sunn O))) (and these are now going for upwards of $40-50 each, easy). Going to head back again this weekend to see if I can score anything else.

Picked these up in the last two weeks, except for Belphegor, a little later than that.

zQ17QAl.jpg

nthSVv8.jpg

pyqV7LE.jpg

Uul2u6l.jpg

>_>

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']There's a localish record shop that generally is MSRP. However, they've recently had a lot of Rise Above Records/Southern Lord rarities in. It looks like some collector offloaded his entire collection or something because these things are pristine and sealed. The store also has the awesome policy of "we bought it from a person, therefore it's used" even on sealed items, hence cheap as fcuk prices. Talking $15 a piece for the Church Of Misery and only $30 for the Sunn O))) (and these are now going for upwards of $40-50 each, easy). Going to head back again this weekend to see if I can score anything else.[/QUOTE]

nice. I may end up in the PNW in a few months if the stars align properly, so don't take everything they have. ;)

I'm sorry as this is not a pick up post. I don't have the disposable income at the moment to really buy cds (things will turn around). I just wanted to say that the new The Strokes album is terrible. As a die hard fan I don't know how they were able to listen to it and think "yep, this compares to our other stuff". It's streaming on pitchfork right now.
http://pitchfork.com/advance/48-comedown-machine/

Man I'm bummed out.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']There's a localish record shop that generally is MSRP. However, they've recently had a lot of Rise Above Records/Southern Lord rarities in. It looks like some collector offloaded his entire collection or something because these things are pristine and sealed. The store also has the awesome policy of "we bought it from a person, therefore it's used" even on sealed items, hence cheap as fcuk prices. Talking $15 a piece for the Church Of Misery and only $30 for the Sunn O))) (and these are now going for upwards of $40-50 each, easy). Going to head back again this weekend to see if I can score anything else.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! :cool:

I bought Linkin Park's Meteora cd for $9 Walmart ahem I mean Commie-Mart. Now I need to get all of Linkin's cd's and Trapt's CDs.

Wow your lucky. Around here, the rarest stuff carried by record shops is Century Media records (and even then it's still a bitch to find stuff from Century Media and it's other labels like Inside Out). It's fucking horrible.

[quote name='ready4war']I bought Linkin Park's Meteora cd for $9 Walmart ahem I mean Commie-Mart. Now I need to get all of Linkin's cd's and Trapt's CDs.[/QUOTE]

Just about everything by Trapt is off the chain. Linkin Park was good up until Minutes to Midnight. That was the last CD they put out before they started sucking.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Just about everything by Trapt is off the chain. Linkin Park was good up until Minutes to Midnight. That was the last CD they put out before they started sucking.[/QUOTE]

While I agree Minutes to Midnight was bad, they never "started sucking." Both A Thousand Suns and Living Things were good albums. Their music did change but it's still very good music.

Living Things is, coincidently, the last CD I bought.

Picked up some good vinyl

Pearl Jam - Crown of Thorns/Can't Help Falling in Love (7" Ten Club single) $1
The Dirtbombs - The Merit/Mystified 7" (3 sealed copies for $1 each. One red vinyl, one blue, and one green)
Okkervil River - I Am Very Far (sealed 2xLP) $10
Neon Indian - Fallout/Polish Girl 7" $1

[quote name='kdiddy1989']While I agree Minutes to Midnight was bad, they never "started sucking." Both A Thousand Suns and Living Things were good albums. Their music did change but it's still very good music.

Living Things is, coincidently, the last CD I bought.[/QUOTE]

Well, that may be, but it just doesn't feel like Linkin Park anymore. They oughta change their name because I sure don't think of Linkin Park when I hear A Thousand Suns.

Back on topic, I bought Dark Side of the Moon on .mp3. It was only $2.99.

Last CD I got is one coming tomorrow.
Spock's Beard- Brief Nocturnes & Dreamless Sleep

Today I went to this record store in Jim Thorpe PA. My god was it horrible. I mean service was fine, but every CD there is priced at $15+ unless it's in the shitty used section or their "low price" section which was classic rock albums you owned or didn't care about. Usually when I go to record stores I like to at least buy something to show my support, but even I couldn't support that store. Just too expensive.

The Black Keys-El Camino. Just fantastic album.

Muse-The 2nd Law. Not sure what I think of this one yet. So different than the other two of their albums I own (Origin of Symmetry and Absolution).

Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies (Pre-ordered on iTunes)

Heard a preview of the entire album, not all hits but some pretty good stuff.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The Black Keys-El Camino. Just fantastic album.

Muse-The 2nd Law. Not sure what I think of this one yet. So different than the other two of their albums I own (Origin of Symmetry and Absolution).[/QUOTE]

you and I have similar tastes;) Really like El Camino, and the little of T2L I've heard has also been good:applause:

bread's done
Back