What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I'm still going to grab a copy sometime soon because I enjoyed enough of it, but they're definitely not the same band as the one that made First, Second and Red Album. They've almost completely lost the sludge aspect at this point and are now pretty much just a good rock band.[/QUOTE]
Yeah Yellow and Green is still a decent rock album in my book, but yeah their earlier stuff is defiantly better. I still find some stuff pretty catchy in the album and I kinda like it as a rock album.

An odd mix of stuff...

At The Drive-In: Relationships of Command
Blaqk Audio: Cex Cells
Junkies XL: Booming Back At You
Killswitch Engage: Alive or Just Breathing
Mastodon: Crack the Skye
Mutemath: Mutemath

Grabbed the newest Texas Hippie Coalition album.. it's good but not crazy about the vocals as far as some hokey lyrics and how clean he sounds. That he had some Phil Anselmo-like qualities in his voice was what made him interesting. The instrumentals still make me want to drink whiskey and that's the effect southern rock should have IMO.

Slayer - God Hates Us All
Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss
Asbestosdeath - Dejection Unclean
Type O Negative - October Rust

Anyone here listen to Russian Circles? I was in a music store yesterday and they were playing over the speakers. Sounded pretty awesome, they're post-metal and reminded me a lot of Pelican and Jesu. Was wondering if anyone could recommend which album I should start with.

[quote name='bardockkun']An odd mix of stuff...

At The Drive-In: Relationships of Command
Blaqk Audio: Cex Cells
Junkies XL: Booming Back At You
Killswitch Engage: Alive or Just Breathing
Mastodon: Crack the Skye
Mutemath: Mutemath[/QUOTE]

Some fine pickups there! :applause:

[quote name='tcrash247']Slayer - God Hates Us All
Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss
Asbestosdeath - Dejection Unclean
Type O Negative - October Rust

Anyone here listen to Russian Circles? I was in a music store yesterday and they were playing over the speakers. Sounded pretty awesome, they're post-metal and reminded me a lot of Pelican and Jesu. Was wondering if anyone could recommend which album I should start with.[/QUOTE]

Russian Circles is very good (especially live). They definitely have similarities with Pelican and Jesu.

"Enter" is their first LP and I would start there. After that if you want more check out their next album "Station" which is good but left me wanting more. "Geneva"(their third album) is much better than Station imho.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Russian Circles is very good (especially live). They definitely have similarities with Pelican and Jesu.

"Enter" is their first LP and I would start there. After that if you want more check out their next album "Station" which is good but left me wanting more. "Geneva"(their third album) is much better than Station imho.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll have to go ahead and pick up Enter, thanks! I think the guy at the store said that was Empros playing over the speakers.

[quote name='tcrash247']Cool, I'll have to go ahead and pick up Enter, thanks! I think the guy at the store said that was Empros playing over the speakers.[/QUOTE]

Empros is their latest album. I like it but I feel the previous ones are superior. Honestly, they have yet to make a really bad album if you're into that type of music.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Some fine pickups there! :applause:
[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

Had some Amazon MP3 credit so decided to pick up the Cosmopolis soundtrack as well since I'm kinda curious what a Metric film score sounds like. Otherwise, my other CD's from GoHastings should be in later today...

Sleeper Agent: Celabrasion
Amon Amarth: Twilight of the Thunder God

SlaughterHouse: Welcome to our house

http://www.411mania.com/music/album_reviews/253099

Joe Budden has quickly become one of my fav artists not only does he have top notch skills he's funny as hell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMfIjKof4HY

"I got a mean russian in stash"
"listen real dudes drive with suspended licenses:
"you don't start a fire & be happy when it get put out"
"had a little minor accident yesterday, had to flee the scene I had someplace to be"
"You wack B!!!"
"VIP section in the barbershop"
"I just gotta keep fab away from everybody"
"I had a key"
"I did what any logical man would do"
"It can happen"

Went to this record store near my new job. It's one of those old stores that smells like pot, it's all run down, and music blasts right as you walk in :lol:.

Grabbed The Red Album by Baroness for $7.

Other pickups
Nile- Ithyphallic
Angel Witch- As Above So Below
Threshold- March of Progress

Dave Matthews Band-Away From the World (Super Deluxe Version)

Just got it today, but been listening to the itunes stream for a week or so. Really loving the album, best thing they've done since Busted Stuff IMO.

Also grabbed Nirvana- Bleach (deluxe version) from Amazon with MP3 credit the other day.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Also grabbed Nirvana- Bleach (deluxe version) from Amazon with MP3 credit the other day.[/QUOTE]I love Bleach, specifically the Deluxe Edition. The studio tracks alone are worth the price of admission. Getting a complete (or close to it) live concert along with the original album makes it an absolute steal.

---

Anyone else picking up the CD of the Jet Set Radio Original Soundtrack album that comes out next week?

[quote name='dmaul1114']Weezer-Pinkerton
Bush- The Science of Things

Using some Amazon MP3 credit to get some albums in bands discographies I missed over the years.[/QUOTE]

You prob could have gotten the actual cds of both of these for a dollar used somewhere. Also, why on that Bush album? Why???

I got Frank Ocean's Channel Orange. Not that recently but I think it was my last purchase.

I'd rather spend a couple bucks extra and not hassle with finding a used CD store and wasting time and gas. I also never listen to CDs anymore, so they just end up wasting space, and my cd rack is almost full.

I like that Bush album actually. It's their weakest album, but still solid IMO. Got it as it was the only one of theirs I didn't have a copy of(one of my exes I lived with had it on CD back in the day before I was ripping everything to MP3).

added 4 more cs to the mix along with slaughterhouse
maino day after tomorrow
Joell Ortiz free agent
DMX undisputed
nas Life is good

Down - IV Part I - The Purple EP
Of Monsters and Men - My Head is an Animal

I also ordered the $100 grab bag from Hydra Head, I'm excited to see what I'll be getting.

[quote name='tcrash247']

I also ordered the $100 grab bag from Hydra Head, I'm excited to see what I'll be getting.[/QUOTE]
Do they have grab bags in any amount other than $100? $100 is too much for a grab bag of CD's for me.

Latest pickups
Devin Townsend- Epicloud (With Epiclouder bonus CD)
Neal Morse- Momentum

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Do they have grab bags in any amount other than $100? $100 is too much for a grab bag of CD's for me.

Latest pickups
Devin Townsend- Epicloud (With Epiclouder bonus CD)
Neal Morse- Momentum[/QUOTE]

$20 for 10 CDs and 10 posters, $20 for 4 vinyls and 10 posters and $40 for 20 CDs and 20 posters. Here's a link to the site: http://www.realtomatoketchup.com/

I still need to pick up Epicloud, I forgot all about it when I was at Best buy this week buying Down IV.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Last cd I bought was a Kenny G Duets cd. YEARS AGO....[/QUOTE]

waynes_world_2_19_kenny_g.jpg

Ben Fold Five - The sound of the life of the mind. I haven't have a chance to focus on it. It plays in the background with my daughters. But it sounds good. A few of the songs will take some time to get used to.

[quote name='jbuck138']Ben Fold Five - The sound of the life of the mind. I haven't have a chance to focus on it. It plays in the background with my daughters. But it sounds good. A few of the songs will take some time to get used to.[/QUOTE]

I've made it through once, need to go back. I like it so far.

I finally got to listen to the new Bens Fold Five album in its entirety. uninterrupted at the gym. I enjoyed it. The first song "Erase Me" is incredible.

[quote name='tcrash247']$20 for 10 CDs and 10 posters, $20 for 4 vinyls and 10 posters and $40 for 20 CDs and 20 posters. Here's a link to the site: http://www.realtomatoketchup.com/

I still need to pick up Epicloud, I forgot all about it when I was at Best buy this week buying Down IV.[/QUOTE]
Holy shit, I need to get on that. Although shipping must be a royal bitch.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Holy shit, I need to get on that. Although shipping must be a royal bitch.[/QUOTE]

Shipping was only $10 for the $100 package, which is damn good for 40 CDs, 40 posters and 4 vinyls. Looks like the $100 package and the $20 vinyl package are sold out, must have ran out of vinyls.

[quote name='tcrash247']Shipping was only $10 for the $100 package, which is damn good for 40 CDs, 40 posters and 4 vinyls. Looks like the $100 package and the $20 vinyl package are sold out, must have ran out of vinyls.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's awesome. CM Distro charges like $5 for one CD shipping.

My latest pickups
Witchcraft- Legend (came with CD+ Shirt). Witchcraft is classic/stoner rock.
Enter The Haggis- Gutter Anthems
Enter The Haggis- Let The Wind Blow High (my gf challenged me to find this CD under $50 because it's rare). Got a import coming for like $20+ $4 shipping.

Slaughterhouse-Welcome to our house

Nas-Life is Good

G.o.o.d. Music- Cruel Summer

Frank Ocean-Channel Orange

Future-Pluto

Digging them all with the exception of Future...not really crazy about it, kind of bought into the hype on him

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Phish- Junta

I feel like I am going to have a horrible Phish addiction thanks to my GF :lol:[/QUOTE]

Just don't stop bathing, then you'll be ok.

Best Buy had a lone copy of Joes Garage by Frank Zappa today, so I had to buy it.

Several albums of his were reissued this week so I jumped on the one I knew I couldn't live without.

GoHastings fucked up part of my order, but as it stands right now I got...

Deftones - White Pony
Deftones - Deftones
Hatebreed - Perseverance
Mutemath - Armistice

Got my 40 CD/40 poster/4 vinyl pack from Hydrahead today.

Vinyl:
Cave In - Tides of Tomorrow
324 (everything but that is in Japanese so I really don't know what it is)
Cable - Gutter Queen
Cattle Press - Hordes To Abolish The Divine (red/clear)

CDs:
Kayodot - Blue Lambency Downward
Logh - A Sunset Panorama
Harkonen - Grizz
The Austerity Program - Terra Nova EP
Agoaphobic Nosebleed - PCP Torpedo/Anbrx
Clouds - We Are Above You
Cavity - On The Lam
Craw - Bodies For Strontium 90
Scissorfight - Jaggernaut
Daughters - Hell Songs
Knut - Terraformer
Daughters - S/T
Antler - S/T
Gridlink - Amber Gray
Hayaino Daisuki - Headbangers Karaoke Club Dangerous Fire
Drawing Voices - S/T
Pyramids - S/T
Xasthur - Defective Epitaph
Oxbow - The Narcotic Story
Pelican - After The Ceiling Cracked (DVD)
Jesu - Why Are We Not Perfect
Harvey Milk - Life... The Best Game
Cavity - Laid Insignificant
Bergraven - Dodsvisioner
Dalek - Deadverse Massive Vol. 1: Dalek Rarities 1999-2006
Stove Bredsky - The Black Ribbon Award
The Austerity Program - Black Madonna
Coalesce - There Is Nothing New Under The Sun
Lustmord - Other
Helms Alee - Night Terror
The Huguenots - Discography
The VSS - Nervous Circuits
Everlovely Lightningheart - Cusp
Jesu - Conqueror
Phantomsmasher - S/T
The Dukes of Nothing - War & Wine
Audio version of the book FIGHT (that wasn't expected... also got a poster for it)
Tusk - Tree of No Retunr
Scissorfight - Victory Over Horseshit (Maxi Single)
Xasthur - Defective Epitaph (different case, I guess it's the same album)

[quote name='tcrash247']Got my 40 CD/40 poster/4 vinyl pack from Hydrahead today.[/QUOTE]

Nice haul. 324, Harvey Milk, ANB, Everlovely Lightningheart, jesu, Tusk, Helms Alee, Gridlink, Hayaino Daisuki are all awesome discs. I didn't even realize that 324 had vinyl releases.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Nice haul. 324, Harvey Milk, ANB, Everlovely Lightningheart, jesu, Tusk, Helms Alee, Gridlink, Hayaino Daisuki are all awesome discs. I didn't even realize that 324 had vinyl releases.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll check them out first. I don't know any of this stuff besides Jesu and Pelican.

[quote name='tcrash247']Cool, I'll check them out first. I don't know any of this stuff besides Jesu and Pelican.[/QUOTE]

pelican is tight.

If you want to trade me one of the Xasthur - Defective Epitaph cds, I am all in:D

The Birthday Massacre - Hide and Seek

Been looping that in my car ever since I got it the day after it came out. Freaking thing basses the crap outta my subwoofers lol

bread's done
Back