Bjork volta
Decemberists -crane wife/Picaresque
Wolfparade-Mt zoomer

Got these on order:
Portishead-third box set
swallow the sun -ghost of loss/hope

[quote name='rapsodist']Yet another Borders coupon for 40% off single-disc CDs:

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon40cd0710.asp?cmpid=SA_20080711_REW

There's an online code, too, so those of you with bad B&M selection or no Borders at all can get in on the deal. To sweeten the pot, there's free shipping on orders of $25 or more, or if your total is less than $25 you can do store pickup.

I picked up:

Amerie - Because I Love It
Apples in Stereo - Fun Trick Noisemaker
Apples in Stereo - Her Wallpaper Reverie[/QUOTE]

wish they were carrying the Diplomats Of Solid Sound Featuring The Diplomettes album but I've got to wait for B&N to give me another coupon so I can order it off their site

Freakbeat Records in Sherman Oaks is having their 5th anniversary sale through Monday. 50% off all CDs priced 6.99 and under, 20% off all CDs priced 7.99 and above. As a record shop devotee, I think this annual sale is arguably the best in L.A. County despite the store's relative lack of size.

For $51, I nabbed 15 albums:

Fiona Apple - When the Pawn...
Boogie Down Productions - Ghetto Music: The Blueprint of Hip Hop
Brandi Carlile - Brandi Carlile
The Concretes - In Colour
Norah Jones - Come Away with Me
Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen [EU Deluxe Limited Edition] sealed
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Darklands
Leaders of the New School - A Future Without a Past...
Mojave 3 - Ask Me Tomorrow
Pernice Brothers - Live a Little
Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis
Booker T. & the M.G.'s - The Best of Booker T. & the M.G.'s [Atlantic]
George Thorogood & the Destroyers - Bad to the Bone [25th Anniversary Edition] sealed
TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
Ohmega Watts - Watts Happening [2-Disc Edition]

[quote name='bmachine']Wow...that's amazing! Wicked nice haul.

Jesus and Mary Chain FTW.[/quote]

You know what, make that 16 albums for $51. I bought A Girl Called Eddy's self-titled album as a gift and forgot to include that in my list. I'm gonna have one heckuva time with my stereo tonight. :D

[quote name='rapsodist']You know what, make that 16 albums for $51. I bought A Girl Called Eddy's self-titled album as a gift and forgot to include that in my list. I'm gonna have one heckuva time with my stereo tonight. :D[/QUOTE]

shit, you should keep that. Awesome album

I just received Amerie's Because I Love It in the mail. It's tough to find a cheap copy 'cause it's almost impossible to find anywhere in the States! But it was worth tracking down. I never listen to radio R&B divas and I never liked Amerie before but this album has some hot stuff on it! It's too bad most people will never hear it. Unfortunately, the Columbia label politics surrounding this album means that Amerie is carrying some serious baggage. I get the feeling that her next release from Island Def Jam might take her in a completely different direction. :whistle2:|

[quote name='fart_bubble']shit, you should keep that. Awesome album[/quote]

Oh you know I already got myself a copy. Maybe I shouldn't admit this but it was all I listened to after my last breakup. The bridge on "People Used to Dream About the Future" still gets me every time. Perfect delicacy and conviction.

[quote name='rapsodist']Oh you know I already got myself a copy. Maybe I shouldn't admit this but it was all I listened to after my last breakup. The bridge on "People Used to Dream About the Future" still gets me every time. Perfect delicacy and conviction.[/QUOTE]

HA!

actually I shouldn't laugh, I did pretty much the same thing after Michelle dumped me. Can't listen to Girls Can Really Tear You Up Inside without becoming a pansy ass ball of emotion.

Still wish I knew what happened to her second album that she's supposed to be working on for the last 2 years. An ep and a album just makes me want more material from her

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought 3 cds in my lifetime. Two were weird al, running with scissors and straight outta lynnwood. My first was a country music cd, back before I was introduced to other forms of music.

Angelspit - Blood Death Ivory

Joy Electric - My Grandfather, The Cubist

Rabbit Junk - This Life Is Where You Get F**cked

Yaz - In Your Room [3 CD + DVD box set]

Found a used CD shop with cheap prices.
Really good condition too.

Beck - Guero (3.99)
Brian Wilson - s/t (1.99) and Imagination (1.99)

The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow
and my record store is getting me these cd's in for me from another location,
Elbow - Cast of Thousands
Elbow - Asleep in the Back
I should have them on friday! :D

Pearl Jam- DC 6-22-2008 bootleg from the ten club. Was awesome live and awesome listening to it after the fact.

I wish more bands put out official bootlegs of all their shows.

Mobius Band - Heaven
Liz Phair - Exile in Guyville
Sneaker Pimps - Bloodsport
Robots in Disguise - We're in the Music Biz
Her Space Holiday - Sleepy Tigers EP

We are Wolves - Non-stop Je Te Plie en Deux

Various Artists - SC100

Need New Body - UFO

Mylo - Destroy Rock & Roll

And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - Worlds Apart

Good Shoes - Think Before You Speak

The Boo Radleys - C'mon Kids

Witness - Before the Calm

Young & Sexy - Panic When You Find It

Ken Stringfellow - Touched

Bedhead - Behead'd

Total: $35

Just picked these up today:

Queen Greatest Hits I and II double CD
Boston - s/t
Boston - Don't Look Back
Megadeth - Rust In Piece

I have collected CDs in quite a long time, and I'm starting up again by grabbing all the classics I can find.

I bought these at Lollapalooza:

Saul Williams - $$$$yTardust!
Innerpartysystem - The Download EP
White Lies - Unfinished Business EP

Got them all signed, too!

[quote name='Koggit']Fasciinatiion by The Faint drops Tuesday. Buy it.[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder...running out to pick it up now. Seeing them in NYC on 8/18, too!

Flogging Molly - Whiskey on a Sunday
Built to Spill - You in Reverse
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
The Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics
Citizen Cope - Bonus EP
Pelican - City of Echoes
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hot!
The Strokes - Room on Fire
Van Morrison - How Long Has This Been Going On

Apocalyptica: Worlds Collide

I have to say it is not bad and the only CD that they have out that is not nothing but Metallica covers. Atleast out of all that Best Buy had it is the only one that wasn't. Also I wanted to hear I'm not Jesus.

Already own it on cd but I got my vinyl copy of Freddie Joachim's In With Time that I ordered though him for $30 in the mail today. Would have cost me about $26 to import it so the extra 4 bucks for it to be signed is no biggie

bread's done
Back