What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I bought a bunch of the Best Buy clearance music CD's/DVD's/Blu-Rays for between $.49 and $4.99.

I think I spent around $30-35 and I got a ton of stuff for that price.

I got:

Tom Petty:Runnin' Down A Dream(3 DVD's and a CD)-$4.99
Elton John: Red Piano(Blu-Ray and 2 CD's)-$4.99
Elton John Dream Ticket(4 DVD's)-$4.99
Poison: Live, Raw & Uncut(DVD/CD) x2-$1.99
Disturbed:Indestructible In Germany(DVD in CD case) x2-$.49 each
Stone Temple Pilots-Buy This(CD, 8 tracks) x2-$.49
Smashing Pumpkins: Zeitgeist(DVD/CD) x2-$.49 each
The Cars(8 tracks)(CD)-$.49
Bad Company: The Hits(8 or so tracks)(CD) x2-$.49 each
Chickenfoot(CD/DVD two pack) x3-$.99 each
Linkin Park: Songs From The Underground(CD) x2-$.49 each

and more[/QUOTE]

I've been looking for the Linkin Park: Songs From the Underground on clearance but every Best Buy I've been to still has it at full price :/

[quote name='goodbyetonight']I've been looking for the Linkin Park: Songs From the Underground on clearance but every Best Buy I've been to still has it at full price :/[/QUOTE]
Did you take it to the register and have it scanned or have an employee check it? I ask because most of the things I've bought have been marked the normal price and only came up as the clearance price once it was scanned.

That's when stuff not being marked right lets you make out like a bandit.;)

Even those Poison sets I bought were marked $19.99 still, so it definitely pays to take a couple minutes and have stuff scanned, since these prices are usually universal once they're marked down.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Did you take it to the register and have it scanned or have an employee check it? I ask because most of the things I've bought have been marked the normal price and only came up as the clearance price once it was scanned.

That's when stuff not being marked right lets you make out like a bandit.;)

Even those Poison sets I bought were marked $19.99 still, so it definitely pays to take a couple minutes and have stuff scanned, since these prices are usually universal once they're marked down.[/QUOTE]

No, but I just went to the site and did the store pickup option for that, the Stone Temple Pilots cd, and the Weezer cd, so I'll pick them up tomorrow. Three cds for $1.50, not bad at all. :D

[quote name='goodbyetonight']No, but I just went to the site and did the store pickup option for that, the Stone Temple Pilots cd, and the Weezer cd, so I'll pick them up tomorrow. Three cds for $1.50, not bad at all. :D[/QUOTE]
It's a hell of a deal when you look at the prices BB charges for CD's otherwise.;):applause:

One of the stores I hit up on Wednesday didn't have anything marked and I asked the one employee to check stuff for me just to be sure. He was shocked and said he's likely to pick up some stuff once he gets done with his shift.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']No, but I just went to the site and did the store pickup option for that, the Stone Temple Pilots cd, and the Weezer cd, so I'll pick them up tomorrow. Three cds for $1.50, not bad at all. :D[/QUOTE]
Shit I need to look up their clearance. $1.50 for some albums isn't bad at all.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Shit I need to look up their clearance. $1.50 for some albums isn't bad at all.[/QUOTE]
Wilkes-Barre had a ton of stuff when I was there last week, but nowhere near as much as one of the ones when I went outta town last Wednesday.

They had something like 15+ of the 4 DVD Elton John Red Piano set just sitting there at the one store not marked the right price.;)

What sucks is I think someone musta been stashing stuff up in DC cuz I searched for the Smashing Pumpkins CD/DVD set(Zeitgeist) among other things and it said they had it in stock, but it was MIA completely when I was there.

Incubus--If Not Now, When?

Came a day early from Amazon, going to give it a listen or two now.

Edit: After a couple listens while working, I like it. It's a bit on the mellow side for them, but all the songs are decent and have some good vocal work. The single "Adolescents" is pretty indicative of the tone of the album.

Forgot to mention I also bought and downloaded Coldplays 3-Song "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" EP the other day and like it a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Graf Orlock - Doombox EP

Comes with a 10" vinyl, a near-discography CD (the eponymous Doombox EP, plus all three Destination Time albums) all housed in a life size cardboard boombox.

Alice In Chains - Sap
Sponge - Rotting Pinata
Garbage - Stupid Girl [3 Track CD Single]
Cher - Heart of Stone
Linkin Park - Meteora
Timmy & the Lords of the Underworld
Megadeth - Cryptic Writings
Rush - Test For Echo
Hoobastank - The Reason
Puffy AmiYumi - Nice

I've wanted "Nice" for years. Found it while I was out at a thrift store for $3.50. "Heart of Stone" was $2. The rest were a $1 or less each. Timmy was a nickle. :lol:

Thank you to whoever brought up the Best Buy music clearance. My Mom did almost all of her birthday shopping for me from that sale (thanks to me telling her about it).:lol:

At various book sales I got:

Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now
Garbage - Garbage
Tool - Undertow
Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory?

And at the dollar store at a mall nearby that has surprisingly decent cds (got a Coheed & Cambria cd and the Masters of Horror soundtrack there in the past):

Let Go - Let Go
Man Alive - Open Surgery
Action Reaction - 3 Is The Magic Number

Got a few $0.49 clearance CDs at Best Buy the other day. (Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Nelly) However, I think my last legit purchase was Goblin by Tyler, The Creator. Different, but I like it.

I think I might pick up Bon Iver's album next.

Nirvana - Sliver: Best of the Box
Ozzy Osbourne - Speak of the Devil
Led Zeppelin - Early Days: Best of Vol. 1
Led Zeppelin - Latter Days: Best of Vol. 2
Guns & Roses - G N' R Lies
Mastodon - Leviathan
Kiss - Psycho Circus
ZZ Top - Afterburner
Wolfmother
Cher - Living Proof
Cher - It's a Man's World
Stevie Ray Vaughn and the Double Trouble - In Step
Scorpions - Savage Amusement
Bad Religion - The New America
Garbage - I'm Only Happy When It Rains [CD Single]
Madonna - Bedtime Stories
Mariah Carey - Rainbow
Club Sounds Vol. 8
Jennifer Lopez - On the 6
Deee-Lite - World Clique
Halo 2 Original Soundtrack Vol. 1

Little Nicky Soundtrack
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me Soundtrack
Top Gun Soundtrack
Chickenfoot Special Edition

Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist
Foo Fighters - Five Songs and a Cover
Stone Temple Pilots - Buy This...
Counting Crows - Aural 6
Bad Company - The Hits
Linkin Park - Songs From the Underground
3 Doors Down - A Six Pack of Hits
The Cars - Classic Tracks
Weezer - Six Hits
The Charms - Strange Magic
Heroes Soundtrack
In The Attic with Pete Townshend & Friends 2-CD, 1-DVD set
Poison - Live, Raw, & Uncut CD/DVD set
Colbie Caillat - Rhapsody Originals Live Performances DVD
Disturbed - Indestructible In Germany DVD
Mariah Carey - The Adventures of Mimi Concert 2-DVD set
Christina Aguilera - Back To Basics: Live and Down Under 2-DVD set
The Rolling Stones - The Bigger Bang 4-DVD set
Elton John - Dream Ticket: Four Destinations 4-DVD set

Everything from Chickenfoot on down was from Best Buy. The rest, except the Cher albums (which were $3 each), were $1.50 or less from second-hand stores. Sliver completes my Nirvana album collection.

.49 cents ea. at BestBuy:
Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist
Foo Fighters - Five Songs and a Cover
Stone Temple Pilots - Buy This...
Counting Crows - Aural 6
Bad Company - The Hits
Linkin Park - Songs From the Underground
3 Doors Down - A Six Pack of Hits
Weezer - Six Hits
Bad Company - The Hits

And while I was there I picked these up for full price.
Sublime - greatest Hits
Adele - 21

this last week i bought

Alkaline Trio- Damnesia
Christina Perri - Lovestrong
Sublime with Rome - Panic (single)
Sublime with Rome - Yours Truly

Last CD I bought was the new Journey CD Eclipse. Of course it is not Journey without Steve Perry but wanted to give it a shot. It's not too mediocre but it's not that great.

I've given the new Incubus cd several listens now.

While I like it, it's definitely my least favorite album of theirs. It just needs a couple rocking tracks on it as it's just too mellow. Their other albums are all good mix of mellow songs, mid tempos songs and a couple rocking songs. Even "Light Grenades" which I also though was a step back at least had "A Kiss to Send You Off", "Pendulous Threads" etc. to liven it up.

Got in one of my orders today as well:

Corrupted - Paso Inferior
Black September - The Forbidden Gates Beyond
Black September/Winters In Osaka - Hordes Of Flesh And Bone

Kvelertak - Kvelertak
YOB - The Great Cessation (Thank you Sneaky, I remember seeing you post in the concert thread about this band so I decided to check them out, so glad I did)

Girls Names - Dead To Me
Washed Out - Within and Without
Cults - Cults
Chapel Club - Palace

Bought those and a couple more online just because every song I hear by all of these artists is just brilliant to me. All good 2011 albums.

EDIT: I did not enjoy the new 311 album nor the new Incubus album. The new Sublime with Rome was actually really good though.

Oakhelm - Betwixt and Between
Monarch! - Dead Men Tell No Tales
Gigantic Brain - The Invasion Discography
Bumsnogger - ...And Destroy All Those That Came Before Us

Nada Surf- The Proximity Effect (US reissue)

Only had a chance to hear the first 4 songs. Liking what I hear so far considering I got the album for under 6 dollars.

Sorry for the mash up. Don't know what the problem is. AC/DC - For Those About To Rock Alien Ant Farm - Anthology Christina Aguilera - Stripped Austin Powers in Goldmember Soundtrack Josey and the Pussycats Soundtrack Madonna - I'm Breathless: Music From and Inspired by the Film Dick Tracy Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf CD/DVD Set Paul McCartney - McCartney Don Henley - Actual Miles: Henley's Greatest Hits Lifehouse - No Name Face Pantera - The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond The Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits CD/DVD Set Chixdiggit - Chixdiggit! The Donnas - The Donnas Turn 21 Smash Mouth - Astro Lounge Papa Roach - Infest Filter - Title of Record Reel Big Fish - Why Do They Rock So Hard? WWE: The Music Vol. 8 Van Halen - Van Halen Sheryl Crow - Anything But Down CD Single

84HeY.jpg

Been a while:

CDs

Joe Byrd and The Field Hippies -American Metaphysical Circus
Blade Runner soundtrack
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
Brian Eno Ambient 1: Music for Airports
Sly and the Family Stone - Life
Happy Mondays - Yes Please!
The Blow - Poor Aim: Love Songs
V/A -Brazilian Guitar Fuzz Bananas
Morrissey - Glamorous Glue (single)

7”

The United States of America -$Hard Coming Love / Osamu’s Birthday
Morrissey - Glamorous Glue
Morrissey - Glamorous Glue (picture disc)

I don't think I've updated this since May...

Brother Android - I Wish I Were Your Derivative
Cause and Effect - Artificial Construct, Part 2 [EP]
Chain Gang of 1974 - Wayward Fire
Death Cab for Cutie - Codes and Keys
Edge of Dawn - Stage Fright [EP]
Encephalon - Drowner
Fitz and the Tantrums - Pickin' Up the Pieces
Haujobb - Dead Market [EP]
KMFDM - WTF?!
Imperative Reaction - Surface [EP]
Interpol - Try It On: Remixes [EP]
Intuition - Berlin Sky
Minusbaby - Bias
OhGr - Undeveloped
Oh Land - Oh Land
Peter Murphy - Ninth
She Wants Revenge - Valleyheart
16Volt - Beating Dead Horses
Skold - Anomie (Deluxe Edition)
Twin Shadow - Forget
V/A - Dependence 2011 (new Stromkern single!)
Weird Al - Alpocalypse

Whew!

bread's done
Back