What was the last concert/show you went to?

Possessed April 11th at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL.
But tonight (April 18th) I'll be going the the Reverend Horton Heat with Nashville Pussy at The Metro in Chicago.

[quote name='furor']I'll be going the the Reverend Horton Heat with Nashville Pussy at The Metro in Chicago.[/quote]

The Rev, if you don't have fun at his shows, then you must not have a pulse. The last time I saw him here........... well, all I can say is that it was sad to see how few people were actually in attendance. Probably explains why he hasn't been back.
Have fun.

[quote name='furor']I'll be going the the Reverend Horton Heat with Nashville Pussy at The Metro in Chicago.[/quote]

I saw RHH with Murder by Death and the Tossers last year in Allentown, PA...such a good show. You're in for a treat.

I saw Tift Merritt at the Troubadour last night. It was one of the best concerts I've ever attended, and I've been to a couple hundred at least. Holding it at the Troubadour --known for their immaculate sound and intimate setting-- certainly helped. But it was more than that. Tift and her band were very comfortable with each other, and it showed. The setlist kind of got shot down whenever they felt the urge to play a song just for the moment. That kind of spontaneity was awesome to witness. Tift was warm and friendly, humble and humorous, and really connected with the audience in a way that not every artist knows how to do in a live show. She even got a shot of whiskey and a bouquet of roses from fans in the crowd! Before her last encore song, we gave her a long ovation and she actually teared up because she was so moved. It was that kind of a wonderful night.

Tift also sang a magnificent version of "Good Hearted Man" while playing minimal keyboard. I always thought the song was a little corny but she sang it with such conviction that I'll probably never think that way again. When a concert can change the way I feel about a song, that's a good night for me.

Damn... waited 10 years to see Rush again... get an email stating it has been pushed back a day (I assume due to the NBA playoffs)... now I have to go to a sunday concert 2 hours our of my way with work the next morning, and I long jog to look forward to afterward...

I saw kanye west glow in the dark tour on wednesday,which was a awsome and tonight i might be seeing Super Geek League

Picked up tickets to see Ozomatli on May 9, and Horse The Band on June 4th. Love how those two bands couldn't be anymore different.

I saw Ben Folds on Thursday night. I went into the show without very high expectations and was totally blown away. Check him out if you get a chance, he's great.

Saw Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band in Sacramento a few weeks ago. They're still one of the best live acts I've ever seen.

Pic from Saul Williams:

saul_williams.jpg

Saw Seether, Flyleaf and Rev Theory on Saturday. Seether was great, but Rev Theory was the most generic sounding hard rock band i've ever heard. Flyleaf wasn't what I'd call good, but not terrible. However, they seemed to draw a rather young crowd (like 12-15) so I was rather annoyed. They did all bail once they were finished so when seether took the stage, it was all good.

its been a while, i saw muse and my chemical romance,

i am going on may 8th to see comedian nick swarsden (The guy who has a car bed in grandmas boy) which im psyched about

[quote name='rabbitt']Pic from Saul Williams:

saul_williams.jpg
[/quote]Wow, a concert picture that was actually worth taking. Well done, sir. I knew I should have gone to see him. What a failure I am.

Anyway, I saw Malkmus last night. I was a little disappointed because he played a lot of new stuff, but I still haven't heard his new record (again, because I fail). He did, however, play a few that I wasn't expecting: "The Hook", "Water And A Seat", and "Pencil Rot" come to mind.

Overall: B

[quote name='buffdrew84']its been a while, i saw muse and my chemical romance,

i am going on may 8th to see comedian nick swarsden (The guy who has a car bed in grandmas boy) which im psyched about[/quote]

DO IT! I saw him back in December (I think) and laughed my ass off the whole time. It was part of Will Ferrell's tour to support the opening of "Semi-Pro" and also had Demitri Martin and Zach Galifinakis. Swardsen was by far the best of them all!

Rush this last sunday was awesome... 30+ years and they still sound great... "freewill" might have been my own highlight of the evening though everything rocked, including the Neal Peart drum solo, in which the whole arena stood up for

[quote name='zman73']Rush this last sunday was awesome... 30+ years and they still sound great... "freewill" might have been my own highlight of the evening though everything rocked, including the Neal Peart drum solo, in which the whole arena stood up for[/QUOTE]

I just bought tickets for Rush on 6/28, can't wait.

Also gonna be going to NIN on 8/20, but who knows when the tickets will go on sale.........

[quote name='siderealshift']Wow, a concert picture that was actually worth taking. Well done, sir. [/QUOTE]

I'll tell my girlfriend you said so :)

Saw Van Halen back in February. Sadly, it sucked... bad audio, annoying fans, and I want to know just how much Botox David Lee Roth has had ;) I was very pleasantly surprised by Wolfgang Van Halen, though.

I think I'm getting too old for concerts, I just can't deal with the people anymore. Mostly the ones who smoke pot. I don't care what people do in their own homes, but when it starts affecting me, it pisses me off... have some common courtesy for fuck's sake. And then the one's that get so drunk they throw up all over the place. For about the last hour of Van Halen, the stench of pot and vomit was overwhelming - it was about enough to make ME vomit. And then all the drunk and stoned people go out to their cars and drive home! UGH! I know you all probably think I've just got something firmly implanted up my ass, but whatever :p

Rush is touring again? Didn't they just tour last year??? My hat's off to them if they can keep it up and keep sounding great! They'd have to sound good to keep packing people in year after year. I think a lot of the classic rock bands touring nowadays are just capitalizing on the novelty of people being able to see them for the first time, or the first time in XX years, when they really don't sound that great anymore.

Last GOOD concert I saw was Clapton, but I wish he would have played less new material and more of the classics.

[quote name='candee82']....yeah -- I thought I'd pipe in and say that people are getting sick of the same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t..... and there is just this big upsurge from a new style coming out of Europe -- it's pretty easy to find, just put 'euro club hits' into itunes or check this link: [/quote]

From now on, please fight the urge to "pipe in". I think I speak for everyone when I say that your opinion is not valued.

High On Fire on Thursday in Philly. Great show but the place they were at holds about 2000 and there were only about 100 people there. Felt bad for the band but they played their asses off. Guess the lack of people was because of a Children of Bodom/In Flames show also in Philly.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Going to Testament next week.[/quote]

In Chicago? I wanted to go to that so bad.. Iced Earth, and then the lineup from PaganFest. I actually took vacation time but I can't go now.

Kokua Festival last weekend with had Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews + Tim Reynolds, Mason Jennings (Awesome!), and a couple local bands. It was a pretty awesome show, and on June 6th I'm going to go see Dropkick Murphys.

I went and saw The Planet Smashers (a ska band) in Albany. I plan to see Freezepop in NYC in June. I have wanted to go to one of their shows for years.

[quote name='AmanoUsagi']I plan to see Freezepop in NYC in June. [/quote]

Saw them at some bar in Jersey back in February...really good show! Lots of dancing.

The Slackers are a great band. I've seen them a bunch of times.

Last night I saw No Age/High Places/Fiasco. It was a great lineup and an amazing night.

[quote name='red flare graf']In Chicago? I wanted to go to that so bad[/QUOTE]

Nah, Flint (aka "Detroit" for anyone outside of MI). Great show.

Gettin' pulled by a chick to go see Tom Petty on 5/31.

I remember my friend dragging me all the way to Alabama (from Georgia) to see Planes Mistaken for Stars and Appleseed. If I had known that was to be my last show I would have taken more pictures.

Thinking about this makes me feel old now. I wonder if I'm showing my age by posting this.

Saw Ozomaliti last night, they were amazing. The atmosphere is amazing, like one huge party. Also picked up tickets for Mindless Self Indulgence. Found out that the MSI show is the same day as Freezepop, hope I made the right choice.

bread's done
Back