What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I believe it lets you play with bosses in MP. There's also an update that has been released that rebalances the MP.

I've played through two missions and it's a lot of fun so far. It's sort of like if Jackal or Assault Heroes were more like an open world game with very large levels that you're running around in to collect the objectives you're given during each level. There's a leveling mechanic where you gain points to upgrade your character's abilities between levels. If you liked Renegade Ops, this definitely has that same kind of sensibility to its gameplay and design, so try out the demo to see for yourself.[/QUOTE]
Say what? If you liked Renegade Ops, it will be the same kind of game as Renegade Ops? :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I believe it lets you play with bosses in MP. There's also an update that has been released that rebalances the MP.

I've played through two missions and it's a lot of fun so far. It's sort of like if Jackal or Assault Heroes were more like an open world game with very large levels that you're running around in to collect the objectives you're given during each level. There's a leveling mechanic where you gain points to upgrade your character's abilities between levels. If you liked Just Cause 2, this definitely has that same kind of sensibility to its gameplay and design, so try out the demo to see for yourself.[/QUOTE]

I am DLing the demo now. At first I didnt want to bother DLing the demo because i didnt want to waste time DLing the demo, then have to DL the game, but forgot, the demo is basically the entire game, just need to purchase it for the unlock key . DUH

weird I am showing wipe out hd (not the bundle) as being a free game for plus members but not in the plus section and not on here either

I had been thinking about getting PSN+ for a little while, and this Resident Evil deal pushed me over the edge. $50 for the year isn't too bad since I'll already be paying $20 less for RE4 and Code Veronica than I would have otherwise.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...-4th-make-space-in-your-intergalactic-garden/

Eufloria will be out on 10/4 for $9.99 with a demo also being available.[/QUOTE]
Looks interesting and chill. Very well may have to pick that up (a plus discount wouldn't hurt through)

Having fun with renegade ops. Will have to see if there is a way to play with characters of the same level. Played online worth someone who killed the bosses with one shot of his power move.

[quote name='mebegod']weird I am showing wipe out hd (not the bundle) as being a free game for plus members but not in the plus section and not on here either[/QUOTE]
Really? Glitch or intentional?

[quote name='mebegod']weird I am showing wipe out hd (not the bundle) as being a free game for plus members but not in the plus section and not on here either[/QUOTE]
Did you buy the game before joining PS+? Games that have been given away previously that you already owned show up like that.

[quote name='nbballard']really surprised to see Cyberbots. How is the Ps1 conversion on that? I used to have it on the Saturn.[/QUOTE]

Bearable for $5.99. It's a fun look at a time when a new fighting game came out what seemed like every month. The Saturn version is better but if I hadn't bought this off the Japanese store when it first appeared, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

Just don't expect Street Fighter 3 - Third Strike levels of... well anything and you should be fine.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/18/the-drop-week-of-september-19th-2011-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Portable

Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Also on PSN) – The story takes place in Sumaru City, Japan, population 1,280,000. Its protagonist attends Seven Sisters High School (“Sevens” for short), whose emblem is considered a status symbol even amongst students from other schools. Soon, though, a rumor that Sevens’ emblem was actually cursed, and that wearing it would disfigure one’s face, had spread around the city. Even worse, the rumor came true. And it was only the beginning of a string of rumors becoming reality, one after another. Before long, the protagonists discover the power to summon another side of them called “Personas,” which they use to investigate the strange incidents around the city, all while facing their own personal demons as well. Time is once again on the march…

PlayStation Network

Saints Row 2 — Saints Row 2 takes place a few years after the original. Several new upstart gangs have been able to sweep in and make their mark on Stilwater. At the same time, a multi-national conglomerate known as the Ultor Corporation has become a pivotal player in city politics, pumping millions of dollars into rebuilding the metropolis.

As leader of the Saints, you’ll have to do whatever it takes to protect the members of your gang from new enemies, including the Ultor Corporation and rival gangs.

Resident Evil 4 – The HD version of Resident Evil 4 comes to the PS3, featuring improved visuals that will enhance the player’s gaming experience. Six years have passed since Raccoon City was destroyed and the government has dismantled the Umbrella Corporation from the inside-out. But the terror is not over. Now a U.S. Agent, former Raccoon Police Officer Leon Kennedy has been dispatched on a mission to Europe to save the President’s daughter from a “crazed organization” that bares a striking behavioral resemblance to creatures found in the Arklay Mountains. Is there a connection between these foes and the horrible nightmares from the past?

Burnout Crash (Demo Available) – Burnout Crash packs countless hours of reckless chaos into an easy to pick up, but difficult to master gameplay experience. There are three explosive game modes available across 18 crash junctions in six unique locations, each requiring different skills and strategies to maximize damage and destroy everything in sight. With a variety of player vehicles to unlock, high-value targets to seek and destroy, and crazy surprise features to discover, players will be hooked on an adrenaline-fueled rampage to the top of the Crashwall.

Cubixx HD (Demo Available) – Use your laser to cut away the surfaces of a mysterious cube and free the energy within. Cutting longer lines and crossing multiple cube surfaces gives you bigger combos, but at far greater risk. Can you brave this hazardous environment and complete all 20 levels? Old-school, high score-chasing gameplay with a modern twist. Do you have what it takes to top the high score table and become number one?

Altered Beast – Destroy all enemies to rescue the fair maiden. Your powers increase when you destroy certain enemies and take their energy; once you achieve a certain energy level, you can alter your shape into that of a beast!

Bolt — In Disney’s Bolt, players take on the heroic personas of the TV star dog, Bolt, and his owner, Penny, from the high-action television series featured within the film. As Bolt, players can use his superpowers, including laser vision and his superbark, which sends out a sonic blast to devastate opponents, and as Penny, players utilize stealth, hacking skills and a wheelbar, inspired by her scooter seen in the movie, to outwit enemies.

minis

Edge —
Develop your telekinetic strength by pushing a Cube within a geometric universe. Platforms, enigmas and reflexes combine to make Edge a rich and very comprehensive game.

PSone Classic

Chrono Trigger – Living in the seemingly peaceful kingdom of Guardia in 1000 A.D., the child Crono was chosen by guardian spirits to save the world from ultimate devastation. Though Doomsday will not happen until the year 1999, the ancient seeds of destruction were planted long ago the the evil LAVOS. Your mission in the world of Chrono Trigger is to travel back and forth through time to change the course of history, and stop LAVOS from succeeding in his dark plan.

On your journey, you will battle monsters and meet many helpful people in both the past and the future. Some will become your faithful and powerful companions, while others will give you clues by telling you stories.

Final Fantasy VI — With Edgar’s tools, Terra’s magic, Sabin’s fists and the skills of a dozen additional characters, the Returners need only your help to seize victory from the Empire. Summon the power of the espers, magical creatures enslaved by the Empire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully the Chrono Trigger PSone Classic won't suffer from the slowdown the original PS1 version did.

And this likely means that Chrono Cross is in the pipeline for release here, so I'm pretty stoked.

I played Bolt when it was new and it's actually a decent game, despite being a movie adaption. If it's $20 or so, it'd actually be worth a try I'd say.

It doesn't mean that Chrono Cross is coming, as they're releasing Final Fantasy Chronicles/Anthology on PSN separately, minus FFIV since they probably don't want to cannibalize the PSP version's sales for as dumb as that is.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1195161p1.html

DC Universe Online is going free-to-play for PS3 and PC:

Free
New players will now have access to the current gameplay in DC Universe Online (including Gotham City, Metropolis, and all current raids and alerts), with the ability to create two characters, join a league and many other benefits. Free level players will be able to purchase downloadable game packs/updates, additional character slots, powers and more through microtransactions.

Premium

Any player who has spent at least $5 (including former paid subscribers and new players who have purchased $5 of in-game items) will qualify for the Premium access level. Premium level players will have more benefits available to them than the Free level player, including additional character slots, additional inventory slots, and higher cash limits. Downloadable adventure packs, additional character slots, and more can be purchased in-game.

Legendary

Maximum features and benefits are included at this level. Loaded with enhanced additional features, Legendary access will be available for a $14.99 monthly fee and includes all DLC packs at no cost, more than 15 character slots, more than 80 inventory slots, the ability to form unrestricted-sized leagues, and many other benefits.

If you've already paid for a PC lifetime subscription or a PS3 plan, that deal still stands when this switch happens in late October. This event also marks the end of DCUO's mandatory auto-renew feature. In the past, the game would automatically resubscribe you when your subscription lapsed. That's still an option, but it's no longer mandatory -- a result of the more than 40 percent of people who quit EverQuest II and complained about the auto-renew in a SOE survey.

Any idea why Chrono Trigger/Final Fantasy VI is crossed out on the blog post now? Rey has made like 3 or 4 errors in the post by now, I wonder how it's possible to get so many things wrong.

EDIT: Looks like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI aren't being released this week.. very strange that there are multiple errors though.

[quote name='sunghost']Any idea why Chrono Trigger/Final Fantasy VI is crossed out on the blog post now? Rey has made like 3 or 4 errors in the post by now, I wonder how it's possible to get so many things wrong.

EDIT: Looks like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI aren't being released this week.. very strange that there are multiple errors though.[/QUOTE]

What!? Goddamn tease.

[quote name='sunghost']very strange that there are multiple errors though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the new guy. He's getting a lot of flack but posting releases without solid dates and/or prices kinda warrants that reaction I guess. (especially when you are outright incorrect as in this instance)

People are wanting this guy fired? For messing up a blog post? Goddamn, there's fucked up people in the world who need to go outside.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you buy the game before joining PS+? Games that have been given away previously that you already owned show up like that.[/QUOTE]

I got through the welcome back program (and hence I got the bundle) but was after joining ps + so I dont know but as its not actually available, sorry

[quote name='Buuhan1']People are wanting this guy fired? For messing up a blog post? Goddamn, there's fucked up people in the world who need to go outside.[/QUOTE]

It's not just because he messed up the post, it's the type of mistakes he made on it. That, and there was a comment on there that mentioned he often makes mistakes like this dating back to when he was with destructoid (don't know how true that is).

The mistakes I noticed (there could be more?):

1. He said Mass Effect 2 will be available soon on PSN. It's been on there for a while, hard for anyone to be THAT out of touch.

2. Stating that Resident Evil 4 HD would have move support. That kind of excited me the first time I read it, but I thought something had to be wrong cuz there was no announcement for it.

3. Stated Child of Eden would be released this week, which is incorrect.. it releases next week.

4. The worst mistake.. leaving people expecting Chrono Trigger/Final Fantasy VI to be released this week.

I mean, I've seen people mess up posts before.. but it's usually 1 or 2 errors. I've never seen so many in a single post before.

[quote name='Buuhan1']People are wanting this guy fired? For messing up a blog post? Goddamn, there's fucked up people in the world who need to go outside.[/QUOTE]
Reminds me of when people wanted Jeff Gerstmann fired for giving Twilight Princess an 8.8 instead of over a 9 like the original score isn't a great one.

I'd hope you guys aren't so petty to demand somebody else take over this thread if I made the same kinds of mistakes, which I have.

Deals
5-In-1 Arcade Hits - PS3/PSP - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
Blimp: The Flying Adventures - PS3/PSP - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
Hammerin’ Hero - PSP - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Mass Effect 2 - $39.99 - Permanent Price Drop
MiniSquadron - PS3/PSP - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
R-Type Command - PSP - $7.49 - Temporary Sale
Resident Evil Director’s Cut - PS3/PSP - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Resident Evil 2 - PS3/PSP - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - PS3/PSP - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Saints Row 2 - Ultor Exposed - $6.99 - Temporary Sale
Saints Row 2 - Corporate Warfare - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
StarDrone - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Steambot Chronicles: Battle Tournament - PSP - $7.49 - Temporary Sale

Pulse
Pulse - 9/20 Edition - Free

Qore
Qore Episode 40 - September 2011 - Free

Games
Altered Beast - $4.99
Bolt - $19.99
Burnout Crash! - $9.99
Cubixx HD - $9.99
Resident Evil 4 - $19.99
Saints Row 2 - $19.99

Minis
Edge - $4.99 - 21.5 MB

Demos
NBA 2K12
Burnout Crash!

Add-ons
The Baconing - Roesha - $0.99
Disgaea 4 - Hi-Res Asagi - Free
F1 2011 - Vip Pass - $9.99
Fallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road - $9.99
Rock Band 3 - Celebrating Nirvana Pack - $6.99 - Include the four songs below
Rock Band 3 - “All Apologies” by Nirvana - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Heart-Shaped Box” by Nirvana - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Rape Me” by Nirvana - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “You Know You’re Right” by Nirvana - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Be Careful What You Wish For” by Memphis May Fire - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Dawn Of The Condoms” by Ultra Saturday - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - “Megalodon” by Mastodon - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “The Difference Between Medicine And Poison Is In The Dose” by Circa Survive - $1.99
Skydrift - Extreme Fighters Premium Airplane Pack - $1.49
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - Unlock Gill - $0.99

Videos
UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Gamescom Trailer
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Weapon Series 1
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Weapon Series 2
PixelJunk SideScroller Gameplay Video
Nba 2K12 – Nba’s Greatest Trailer
Supremacy MMA Fight Trailer
Supremacy MMA Killer Moves Trailer
Disney Universe Lion King Trailer
Burnout Crash! Trailer
Mass Effect 3 Squad Leader Trailer
NBA Jam On Fire Edition 1St Look Sizzle Trailer
NBA Jam On Fire Edition Producer Video
Galaga Legions Dx Special Trailer
Soulcalibur V – Comic-Con Trailer
Atelier Totori Trailer 01
Disgaea 4 Trailer
Eufloria Trailer
Renegade Ops Launch Trailer
Driver San Francisco Car Reveal Trailer
Driver San Francisco Demo Trailer
Driver San Francisco Don’t Blink And Drive Trailer
Soulcalibur V – Gamescom 2011 Trailer

Themes
4 Elements HD

Premium Themes
Abstract: Dancer - $1.99 - Dynamic
Ant’s Ruin Picnics - $2.99 - Dynamic
Dream Girlfriends - $1.49
NCAA (13) - $2.99 each - Dynamic
P90 - $2.99 - Dynamic
Sci Fi: Alien Invasion - $2.99 - Dynamic
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online Edition - $0.99

Wallpaper
4 Elements HD (2)

PSP Games
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $39.99 - 906 MB

PSP Themes
3D Blue Plasma - $1.99
M21 - $1.99
P90 - $1.99
Vector - $1.99
-----------------------------
PlayStation Plus

Deals
Cubixx HD – $7.00 - Expires 9/27
Resident Evil 4 - $10.00 - Expires 10/4
Saints Row 2 - Ultor Exposed - $4.89 - Temporary Sale
Saints Row 2 - Corporate Warfare - $3.49 - Temporary Sale

Games
Bolt - Full Game Trial
Resident Evil Director’s Cut - PSP/PS3 - Expires 10/4
Resident Evil 2 - PSP/PS3 - Expires 10/4
Resident 3 - PSP/PS3 - Expires 10/4
Saint’s Row 2 - Full Game Trial

Armageddon Rider (2)
Resident Evil 4 (5)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']so how much better does re4 look now in hd?[/QUOTE]

Not much better. If you have the Wii version, or even the gamecube version it's not worth buying IMO.

anyone else having issues in the store with it being super slow, erroring, and getting signed out? Last time that happened, PSN got hacked.

[quote name='mitch079']anyone else having issues in the store with it being super slow, erroring, and getting signed out? Last time that happened, PSN got hacked.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if people did hack it again, as retaliation for that bullshit "No class-action lawsuits" clause in the new TOS. Great way to get people to opt out of the clause en masse.

Stupid consoles and their inability to just let me purchase any item at cost via a credit card instead of insisting on increments, minimums, and point systems.

I was going to grab my favorite Resident Evil (2) since it's half-off but the minimum wallet funding is $5. My first thought was to toss in 3 so as to not leave a remainder but then my overall disgust with Capcom kicked back in and I decided against the lot.

What a dumb barrier to entry for console makers to have in the face of just about every other digital distribution platform. *blech*

I hooked up the PS3 to my router via wired and it's a lot better. Seeing some others with the same issues. Who knows...

DAMN I picked up RE directors cut friday at full price and barely played it yet. I'll grab the other 2 ass well while they are so cheap.

[quote name='Narcisstalker']Stupid consoles and their inability to just let me purchase any item at cost via a credit card instead of insisting on increments, minimums, and point systems.

I was going to grab my favorite Resident Evil (2) since it's half-off but the minimum wallet funding is $5. My first thought was to toss in 3 so as to not leave a remainder but then my overall disgust with Capcom kicked back in and I decided against the lot.

What a dumb barrier to entry for console makers to have in the face of just about every other digital distribution platform. *blech*[/QUOTE]

At least PSN allows you to add just the purchase price if it's over $5, unlike some other companies.

[quote name='mitch079']I hooked up the PS3 to my router via wired and it's a lot better. Seeing some others with the same issues. Who knows...[/QUOTE]

I think we're Beta Testers once again. Uggh...Sony wtf!

[quote name='mguiddy']At least PSN allows you to add just the purchase price if it's over $5, unlike some other companies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not increments at all, just a minimum of $5.

Edit: Oh, I just reread what you said and obviously you know that. Still lots better than the imaginary points thing. That always used to piss me off at Dave and Busters, too.

So Resident Evil 4 HD uses one thumbstick not two (like 99.9% of every other shooter out there), to play the game.

Why? I mean I understand you can't walk and shoot and that is fine, but why do I have one thumbstick to do everything? It's 2011.

As for the HD update. It still has horrible textures, it basically just upscaled to 720p so it's easier on the eyes than a Wii game.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So Resident Evil 4 HD uses one thumbstick not two (like 99.9% of every other shooter out there), to play the game.

Why? I mean I understand you can't walk and shoot and that is fine, but why do I have one thumbstick to do everything? It's 2011.

As for the HD update. It still has horrible textures, it basically just upscaled to 720p so it's easier on the eyes than a Wii game.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind the control layout.. but the controls actually seem a bit less responsive to me than the GC version. Also, for anyone buying this.. you should be aware that the audio quality is actually worse than the Wii/GC versions. It seems noticeably compressed/muffled. I'm hoping capcom will patch it, but kinda doubting they will.

[quote name='Velo214']psn is dead here. ugh[/QUOTE]same here. error 8002a548. Good job sony, do it right when gears 3 launches:applause:

[quote name='sunghost']I don't mind the control layout.. but the controls actually seem a bit less responsive to me than the GC version. Also, for anyone buying this.. you should be aware that the audio quality is actually worse than the Wii/GC versions. It seems noticeably compressed/muffled. I'm hoping capcom will patch it, but kinda doubting they will.[/QUOTE]
Yeah they are less responsive. I noticed when I started it and it actually is a big problem to me. I am having a hard time playing it.

[quote name='mguiddy']At least PSN allows you to add just the purchase price if it's over $5, unlike some other companies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah amen to that.

I wasn't even really mad just thinking about Steam sales and how many times that I impulse buy some sub-$5 game that I'm mildly interested in before I have any time to even think about regretting the purchase.

The wallet-fu crap just made me realize that RE2, even at $3 of a $5 CC charge, will probably only get played for 20 minutes and then never touched again.

The minimum is there because the CC companies charge fees for transactions so I get it but in a world of $0.99 mobile games, Steam/GOG, and even the consoles themselves laden with sub-$5 goodies it's just dumb to structure it that way and it runs counter to cheap impulse buys.

PSN is down in both the US and in Europe right now. Some sites are already reporting PSN has been hacked again, but so far I have not seen any solid truth to that. Hopefully its not and hopefully if it is Sony finally does what they should have done 2 or 3 years ago and scrap PSN and completely rebuild it to be faster, safer and have a better layout.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So Resident Evil 4 HD uses one thumbstick not two (like 99.9% of every other shooter out there), to play the game.

As for the HD update. It still has horrible textures, it basically just upscaled to 720p so it's easier on the eyes than a Wii game.[/QUOTE]

i read up on this on ign they said it wasnt true hd and it shows so im passing on this one and code veronica. gotta love capcom.

[quote name='lokizz']i read up on this on ign they said it wasnt true hd and it shows so im passing on this one and code veronica. gotta love capcom.[/QUOTE]

Even if you do decide to buy the HD versions, it's probably better that you wait for a patch first. They screwed up the audio somehow. I compared the GC and Wii versions and the audio is definitely much better on them. It's not a dealbreaker but you would expect the audio to at least be equal (if not better) in an HD port. I didn't have any issues with the graphics though. It looks cleaner and sharper/less blurry due to the higher resolution, but I don't think any of the textures were redone or anything.. however there is some slowdown. Not sure if the slowdown was in the previous versions of the game.

Hell, I'd be perfectly fine with all of that if they added Move support lol. But it just makes it more disappointing having gimped audio along with missing move support, and a missing platinum trophy.

[quote name='MSI Magus']PSN is down in both the US and in Europe right now. Some sites are already reporting PSN has been hacked again, but so far I have not seen any solid truth to that. Hopefully its not and hopefully if it is Sony finally does what they should have done 2 or 3 years ago and scrap PSN and completely rebuild it to be faster, safer and have a better layout.[/QUOTE]
It's working fine for me.

bread's done
Back