What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

Thank goodness for demos. I downloaded Earthworm Jim and even with the HD improvement the game wasn't as fun as I remembered it to be. I guess I'm spoiled by the new gen games.

I heard the giantbomb.com podcast and they pretty much dissed it. I was a nes/snes/n64 kid growing up so earthworm doesn't hit my nostalgia nerve.

[quote name='PublikDefender']I heard the giantbomb.com podcast and they pretty much dissed it. I was a nes/snes/n64 kid growing up so earthworm doesn't hit my nostalgia nerve.[/QUOTE]

earthworm jim was on the snes. i wasnt expecting it to do too well or be that great remix games can only go 2 ways awesome and why the fuck did you bother. best remake so far has been bionic commando imo but id still like to see oher classic get prettied up and improved upon like ducktales or rescue rangers. that aside i wish theyd fuckin hurry up and release dead nation already.

[quote name='Blackout']What did they say about it? I bought it and I'm really enjoying it.[/QUOTE]
They said the controls were really janky so it kind of failed as a platformer. They also took a shot at the audio. They said it sounded "too good" so it lost the charm of crappier genesis audio. I hate when reviewers/fans take shots at a game b/c the quality (especially the audio!) was improved. I'm usually a giant bomb fan but it felt like they were just taking pot shots to be honest. I haven't played the game though.

I didn't even know earthworm jim was on snes! I just remember all the genesis kids played earthworm while us snes kids played yoshi's island, etc. I do remember a crappy 3d earthworm game for n64 (like most games).

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']wait....a Modern Warfare 2 demo... ??? WTF ??

is this just activision milking the shit outa there CoD series ?[/QUOTE]

Get as many people to buy it before Black Ops drops... Those who have large interest will buy it without demoing it, but those with small interest will be more likely to buy after demoing it. You can say 1 thing about Activision, they are ruthless in their business tactics.

[quote name='PublikDefender']fieldrunners ps3 + psp mini is FREE tuesday (aug 10, 2010) for the week. no other deals that i saw for non ps3 plus subscribers. For people thinking about signing up for psn plus, bear in mind that they are already dropping the frequency of deals down to bi-monthly rather than weekly. Looks like plus is a no-go for me.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/08/03/playstation-store-update-150/[/QUOTE]
It's not free starting tomorrow, it's being taken down from the PS+ section tomorrow so the next set of items can go up tomorrow.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/08/10/valkyria-chronicles-ii-demo-available-on-psn-today/

Valkyria Chronicles II demo is coming today.

If you loved the first game, you’ll be glad to see that the feel of battle has been not only preserved, but also improved upon greatly. The new multi-field battle layout also adds another level of strategy, giving some missions a number of paths for you to send your squad through. Jeff and I also talked about the multiplayer in one of the recent blogs here, which offers both cooperative and competitive play in addition to the full RPG storyline.

Valkyria Chronicles II may be a PSP game in relation to its older PS3 brother, but trust me when I say not to take it lightly. This little gem not only manages to do justice to one of my favorite RPG Battle systems – ever – but also brings back the CANVAS system for a beautiful watercolor finish that looks just as good as it plays.

Finally, I’d like to include one other confirmation here on the blog: We’ve added a few new exclusive items to the Western version of the game! Among the many stickers that you can get for your tank or vehicle, we’ve added in a few brand new ones that both old and new SEGA fans are sure to smile at. Those of you who loved the first game will also be happy to note that we’ve included a few original characters as unlockable Easter eggs, just like in the Japanese version.

Deals
1942: Joint Strike - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Section 8 - $24.99 - Temporary Sale
Matt Hazard: Blood Bath And Beyond - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Myst - PSP - $14.99 - Temporary Sale
Field Commander - PSP - $9.99 - Temporary Sale

Qore
Qore Episode 27 - August 2010 - $2.99 Single Ep, $24.99 Annual Sub

Games
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - $9.99
Red Faction: Guerrilla - $19.99

PS1 Classics
CTR: Crash Team Racing - $5.99 - 312 MB

Demos
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game
Mafia II

Add-ons
Red Dead Redemption - Legends and Killers Pack - $9.99
Naughty Bear - Episode 8 Danger Bear - Free
Dragon Age: Origins - The Golems of Amgarrak and Golem's Might (AKA The Reaper's Cudgel) - $4.99
Dragon Age: Origins: Awakenings - The Golems of Amgarrak and Golem's Might (AKA The Reaper's Cudgel) - $4.99
Guitar Hero 5 - Sum 41 Track Pack - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Guitar Hero 5 - "Fat Lip" by Sum 41 - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "In Too Deep" by Sum 41 - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Still Waiting" by Sum 41 - $1.99
Rock Band - Ministry Pack 2 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band - "Jesus Built My Hotrod" by Ministry - $1.99
Rock Band - "Stigmata" by Ministry - $1.99
Rock Band - "Thieves" by Ministry - $1.99
Rock Band - "Descend Into The Eternal Pits of Possession" by The Project Hate MCMXCIX - $1.99
Rock Band - "Icarus Song" by Furly - $1.99
Rock Band - "The Crying Machine (Live)" by Steve Vai - $1.99
Rock Band - "Tree Village" by Dance Gavin Dance - $1.99
Rock Band - "We Are The Nightmare" by Arsis - $1.99

Videos
Landit Bandit Trailer
Brink Developer Diary #1
Top Gun Trailer

Premium Themes
Great White Sharks - $1.49
Great White Sharks PSP - $1.49
Space: The Final Frontier - $1.49
Space: The Final Frontier PSP - $1.49

Wallpaper
Top Gun

Super Street Fighter IV (5) - $0.49 each

PSP Games
Madden NFL 11 - $39.99 - 502 MB

PSP Demos
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - 78 MB
-----------------------------------------
PlayStation Plus

Deals
PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap - $5.24
High Velocity Bowling - $5.00
Wipeout HD - Wipeout Fury - $7.99
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Uncharted: Eye of Indra Comic Bundle - $1.25

Qore
Qore Episode 27 - August 2010

Games
Aero Racer
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Free Game Trial - $19.99 Full Game

Themes
Nebula Tunnels

Is there any particular reason that people don't seem to be excited about this sale:

I remember this game as a kid and it seems pretty cool that it got the psn hd remake treatment. I'm not new to ps3 but I am new to psn downloadables that aren't map packs. Is there any capcop 194* bundle (that comes w/ more spinoffs/remakes) that's a better deal or something?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Rock Band - Ministry Pack 2 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band - "Jesus Built My Hotrod" by Ministry - $1.99
Rock Band - "Stigmata" by Ministry - $1.99
Rock Band - "Thieves" by Ministry - $1.99
[/QUOTE]

fucking awesome. :applause:

[quote name='PublikDefender']Is there any particular reason that people don't seem to be excited about this sale:

I remember this game as a kid and it seems pretty cool that it got the psn hd remake treatment. I'm not new to ps3 but I am new to psn downloadables that aren't map packs. Is there any capcop 194* bundle (that comes w/ more spinoffs/remakes) that's a better deal or something?[/QUOTE]

For starters because it already had been on sale last year, so anyone who had any interest in it, pretty much had already gotten it.

Sidenote: Capcom already had a deal on most (if not all) of their PSN games in a bundle and they've done them separately as well, so that's why the lack of interest.

I would have like to see a version of 19XX released, but that's just me. :) Oh and for the record I did buy this game when it was on sale last time.

PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap

I downloaded this as part of PSN+ (it was free). It, from what I could tell, is the same stupid game they had the first time with PixelJunk Racers. I had hoped that they'd realize how much the first one sucked and either:
- make a better game
- let it die

[quote name='uncle5555']I would have like to see a version of 19XX released, but that's just me.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to see a version of 1984 released. You know, having to escape the Thought Police and all that. Plus, there's always
the sex scene with Julia. Every game has to have one.

[quote name='madcatz1999']I'd like to see a version of 1984 released. You know, having to escape the Thought Police and all that. Plus, there's always
the sex scene with Julia. Every game has to have one.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not getting the joke. (if there was one) I get the Orwell reference and all but...I'm not seeing how this relates.

Anyway, I was talking about a real game...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19XX:_The_War_Against_Destiny

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=6772

Ugh... I feel like buying Scott Pilgrim now, but today of all days is the day Sony has to do take down the PlayStation store to do maintanence.

Square Enix announced a new PS1 Classic for Europe:

Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces the forthcoming release of FRONT MISSION 3TM, the classic strategy adventure game originally released for PlayStation® will soon be available to download for PlayStation®3 and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system from the PlayStation®Network.
http://firemint.com/?p=1983

Also, Flight Control HD will be coming out on September 15 with the Move's launch on PSN, though they don't have North America on the list of regions it will be out on.

why the hell do they come out with demos for games so far after theyve been released? youd think they would release demos for games a week or 2 before the games retail release.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Because they were focused on getting the game out first.[/QUOTE]

and people who are really interested in the game will be more likely to buy without playing a demo that ends up disappointing their high expectations while those with mild interest will become interested enough by the demo later down the road.

Cool, PSN+ sale on Soldner X 1/2 next wek. Going to grab that as soon as it goes on sale...

They are also bumping up the HDD sizes on new PS3 consoles: 160 and 320, the latter having PSMove bundled in. Not too bad a deal, IMO.

Is the playstation plus highlight going to be grace chen's only playstation store update tonight? Meaning, no regular psn sales this week?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-playstation-plus-mushroom-wars-2xtreme-more/

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 8/24:

Free Games
Mushroom Wars – FREE
2Xtreme – PS One – FREE
Vempires – mini – FREE

Early Access Game Demo
TerRover

Game Discounts
Soldner-X2: Final Prototype + Soldner-X: Himmelstrurmer Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $10.79, original price $17.99)
Soldner- X2 : Final Prototype (PlayStation Plus price $9.09, original price $12.99)
Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down next Tuesday (8/24):

Free Games
Critter Crunch (original price $6.99)
Syphon Filter – PS One (original price $5.99)
Kahoots – mini (original price $4.49)

Discounted Games
PixelJunk Racer 2nd Lap (20% Off)
Echochrome (50% off)

Discounted DLC
Resistance 2 Skin Bundle (50% off)

Themes (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
Bloody Escape

Avatars (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
MAG Avatars – SVER, Raven, and Valor
LittleBigPlanet – Sack Boy
Heavy Rain Swan Avatar

8/24 is next week.
[quote name='NamPaehc']Does Sony charge for hosting the demos? Might be another reason if so.[/QUOTE]
If it was that, would they be doing a demo at all?

Deals
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - PSP - $14.99 - Temporary Sale
Field Commander - PSP - $9.99 - Temporary Sale

Pulse
Pulse - 8/17 Edition - Free

Games
Top Gun - $14.99

Demos
NHL 11
Joe Danger
HAWX 2

Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet - Marvel Hulk - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet - Marvel Punisher - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet - Marvel Green Goblin - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet - Marvel Magneto - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet - Marvel Storm - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet - Marvel Costume Kit #4 - $5.99
PAIN - Jolly Character - $0.99
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - DLC Pack 4 Sidekick Skin Pack - $2.99
ModNation Racers - Mouse Trap Mod - $0.99
ModNation Racers - Mouse Trap Kart - $0.99
ModNation Racers - Mouse Trap Mod and Kart - $1.75
Skate 3 - Skate.Create.Expansion - $6.99
Guitar Hero 5 - Weezer Track Pack - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Guitar Hero 5 - "Beverly Hills" by Weezer - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Island In The Sun" by Weezer - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Pork Beans" by Weezer - $1.99
Rock Band - "Neon Trees Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band - "Animal" by Neon Trees - $1.99
Rock Band - "1983" by Neon Trees - $1.99
Rock Band - "Sins of My Youth" by Neon Trees - $1.99
Rock Band - The Black Keys Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band - "I Got Mine" by The Black Keys - $1.99
Rock Band - "Strange Times" by The Black Keys - $1.99
Rock Band - "Your Touch" by The Black Keys - $1.99
Rock Band - "Blow At High Dough" by The Tragically Hip - $1.99
Rock Band - "hook, Line, And Sinner" by Texas in July - $1.99
Rock Band - "Let The Games Begin" by Anarbor - $1.99
Rock Band - "Mandelbrot Set" by Jonathan Coulton - $1.99
Rock Band - "Unfurling A Darkened Gospel" by Job For A Cowboy - $1.99

Videos
Resident Evil Afterlife 3D Trailer
Brink Developer Diary 2
Dragon Age Golems Of Amgarrak Trailer
Vanquish Gameplay Trailer 2
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Focus On The Job Multiplayer Trailer
Red Faction: Armageddon E3 Trailer
E3 2010 3D Sizzle Trailer
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Trailer
Dead Nation Survival Guide Trailer
inFAMOUS 2 New Marais Cutscene
Behind the Scenes with Tony Hawk
PlayStation Pro Moments Boston
Ryan Sheckler Boston 2010
Talkin’ with Bastien Salabanzi

Themes
Resident Evil - Free - Dynamic

Premium Themes
Uncharted 2 - $2.99 - Dynamic
Kick-Ass - $1.99
Top Gun - $1.99
SCAR PSP 1 - $1.49
Chey Tac PSP 1 - $1.49

Street Fighter III: Third Strike (3) - $0.49 each

PSP Games
Ys Seven - $29.99 - 448 MB

PSP Minis
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter - $3.99 - 36 MB

PSP Demos
Phantasy Star Portable 2 - 342 MB

PSP Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet - Wild West Costume - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Wild West Pack - $2.99

Update on most-wanted PS1 Classics via Playstation Blog:

DMeisterJ | August 17th, 2010 at 2:09 pm
No PS1 Classics :/
Anything new to report on some classics like Xenogears?

Ro Hernandez | August 17th, 2010 at 2:37 pm
Unfortunately not, still being tested…
---------------------------------------------------------
C-Murph666 | August 17th, 2010 at 3:04 pm
Hey Ro When can we expect Suikoden II?
It’s like my all time Fav!
Can you smack Konami and get it on the PSN soon please! I need this game on me PSP!
Thank you!

Ro Hernandez | August 17th, 2010 at 3:14 pm
We’ll see what we can do!
-----------------------------------------------------
Bearsharktopus | August 17th, 2010 at 2:15 pm
any word on when the US will get Vagrant Story?

Ro Hernandez | August 17th, 2010 at 2:38 pm
hopefully soon??

NHL 11 demo?! Looks like I'll have to lose an hour worth of sleep tonight!! Thanks for posting!!

*runs off to PS3

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/08/19/castle-crashers-coming-to-psn-august-31st/

4905549279_a4548927bc.jpg

It's $15 if you want to know the price and the Volleyball and Team Arena modes are the two main new features. There will also be a demo.

[quote name='gunm']Hm, so Europe is getting Front Mission 3? Does that mean it'll be on the US PSN store eventually?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the exact same time as we get Vagrant Story....

(uncoded comment reads as follows: Not for a very long time, if at all)

How miserly they've been with getting any of them out and then with each region getting different releases then the others, they chances we'll see FM3 or VS anytime soon is unlikely, they might surprise me, but after this long I'd be shocked if they did.

2 awesome PC Engine games hit the Japanese PS Store this week.

Winds of Thunder (Lords of Thunder in the US) is a horizontally scrolling shooter with wet-your-pants awesome music.

Daimakaimura (Ghouls N' Ghosts) needs no introduction.

800 yen for Winds of Thunder (originally a Super CD game) and 600 for Ghouls N' Ghosts. My joy at finally getting to play the Supergrafx port of Ghouls N' Ghosts is immeasurable. I almost bought a ~250 dollar Supergrafx and the ~40 game just to play it, this method is much cheaper. Overall it looks brighter and has more impressive backgrounds than the Genesis port, but the sound effects and music are a bit off. Still a fantastic example of late 80's platforming. Still my favorite game of all time.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back