What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

yeah burnout is wicked addictive i also like that they let you play your own music in the game as well. im hoping at some point they do a sale on midnight club la complete too.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah burnout is wicked addictive i also like that they let you play your own music in the game as well. im hoping at some point they do a sale on midnight club la complete too.[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can put on custom sountraacks. Which is another reason I played this game for over 200 hours. I played through it once before trophies and again after the trophy patch. So fun racing hundred miles an hour listening to some metal.

I am not the biggest racing game fan and the ones I do like are more arcady. If I have to chose between burnout with its DLC, Split Second and Blur which would you guys recommend?

Burnout 3 was one of my favorite PS2 games, had so many laughs with friends on that one. (Even brought it on Xbox Live for nostalgia, still have it on there to play from time to time).

Paradise is amazing too, already had the game from a share ages ago, but im probally gonna buy all of the DLC i didnt have tommorow.

Also, next weeks PS+ deals look awesome. Borderlands Bundle for 14.99? if that comes with all of the DLC thats an insta-buy for me.

Also, AC:Brotherhood finally comes to PSN, probally gonna try to find a Share group for that

Burnout is not a typical racer then? I downloaded the demo once and it seemed kind of like a typical racer, just in a city environment. Does it get more crazy/over the top later?

OK, so I have a disc copy of Burnout Paradise. Is it still worth buying the bundle for $7.99 that includes those two packs? (I might be able to sell/trade-in the disc copy then). Also, what other DLC should I get - I can certainly start off with that. I assume Big Surf Island and the Toy Cars. Anything else worth it?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Borderlands is 7/19, not next week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/08/limbo-comes-to-psn-on-july-19th/

Limbo's confirmed for a 7/19 release. No price yet.[/QUOTE]

Ah, my brain fails then. Thats what happens when you get a lack of sleep =/

Also, Burnout is more about the crashes and stunts, not just the races.

Though...3 seemed a bit more frantic to me though (I liked the Afterburner or whatever it was called in there, nothing was funnier than flying your half exploded car into the windshield of a friends car)

[quote name='io']OK, so I have a disc copy of Burnout Paradise. Is it still worth buying the bundle for $7.99 that includes those two packs? (I might be able to sell/trade-in the disc copy then). Also, what other DLC should I get - I can certainly start off with that. I assume Big Surf Island and the Toy Cars. Anything else worth it?[/QUOTE]

Careful, I've heard save files aren't compatible between the two versions. You'd have to start from scratch if you got rid of your disc copy.

[quote name='metaly']Careful, I've heard save files aren't compatible between the two versions. You'd have to start from scratch if you got rid of your disc copy.[/QUOTE]

Fortunately I have not played it yet, so that's not a problem. Well, actually, I played it quite a bit on the 360 - but never on the PS3 even though I intended to (thus why I bought the PS3 disc copy a while back - forget from where even...).

[quote name='io']OK, so I have a disc copy of Burnout Paradise. Is it still worth buying the bundle for $7.99 that includes those two packs? (I might be able to sell/trade-in the disc copy then). Also, what other DLC should I get - I can certainly start off with that. I assume Big Surf Island and the Toy Cars. Anything else worth it?[/QUOTE]
Everything is worth it except Party and C&R (mostly due to lack of an online community), but that may be changing with people jumping on this sale.

The saves aren't compatible between the disc and PSN version, so keep that in mind.

The two packs it comes with aren't the highlights of what's offered. Big Surf Island's the best and the rest depends on whether you want some new multiplayer modes (Cops & Robbers and Party Pack) or new cars (Legendary, Toy, Boost Specials). The cars are probably a better value than the modes at this point.

Hell yes Summer Sale! Been waiting for a drop on Pacman DX and Hard Corp Uprising, I knew if I was patient I could land those games for half price.

I'm tempted by BTTF but I played the demo and as much as I love the franchise, I am not all that entertained by slow-paced point and click adventures anymore.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The saves aren't compatible between the disc and PSN version, so keep that in mind.

The two packs it comes with aren't the highlights of what's offered. Big Surf Island's the best and the rest depends on whether you want some new multiplayer modes (Cops & Robbers and Party Pack) or new cars (Legendary, Toy, Boost Specials). The cars are probably a better value than the modes at this point.[/QUOTE]

I traded in my disc copy to GS for $9 after 40% coupon and bonus and promptly bought the game on PSN when I got home. So that was worth it whether the bonus packs (which seem to unlock things) are worth anything or not. I also bought Big Surf Island and the Toy Cars. Are the legendary cars worth it? I think I'll pass on Cops & Robbers for sure. The other one sounded like a local multiplayer pack which might be tempting for me and the kids. Though I'd much rather prefer to get the game on both our PS3's and play online multiplayer with them that way. This is the one big advantage to DLC versions of full games on the PS3 that some people probably don't appreciate - I can put this game on both our systems and then on my Dad's when I visit there and we can play across all 3 if we want.

As I said before, I had never played my disc-based copy on the PS3 so the incompatible save is no problem. I had played it on the 360 a long time ago - before the bikes were added.

The only issue I'm having is that I would have liked to have played the game some tonight but the PSN download is being outrageously slow. At one point it was telling me it would take 800 minutes to download the 3.5 GB game. That is ridiculous. So I killed that and logged back in and did a speed check on my PS3 and got 5 MB/sec which is not the fastest I can get but not bad at all. So it isn't on my end that the problem is - something with PSN. I started it up again and it looked like it was going faster for a bit and said it would only be 140 minutes this time. But I have since gone on to watch a DVD (not on my PS3) and just checked back after 2 hours and it was only 36% through and said it would take another 140 minutes to finish. Of course the big problem is that should my internet connection hiccup, which happens often, it will fail and I'll have to start all over again. I've downloaded huge things before (like Infamous at 7GB) and not had this much trouble.

And I know once I finally get the main game downloaded i'll have to go through a buttload of patches :bomb:.

If you have ever wanted to drive the Ghostbusters wagon, the Back to the future delorian, KITT from knight rider (sort of, it's based on the TV remake), or the general lee from dukes of hazard, I think it would be worth it. If you are on the fence about it you can always just unlock the 4 toy versions of those cars with big surf island DLC you already purchased as that is the reward for 4 of the challenges.

[quote name='eldergamer']How long is that Burnout Paradise sale good for? Just until next Tuesday? I need to remember to pick it up by then.[/QUOTE]
If you want to wait, best do it Monday night at the latest since the when the new sales start time on Tuesday varies.

OK, so the big reason I wanted the downloadble Burnout Paradise was so that I could do the online challenges with my kids. We have 2 PS3s so the ability to download onto multiple systems is awesome.

But fucking EA won't let my son play online - something about respecting the laws of our region (which is U.S.). Wait, so EA thinks it isn't OK for a kid to play an E-rated game online but Sony thinks LBP2 is OK? And MS thinks letting them play M-rated Halo Reach is OK? WTF!?

I might be doing a lot of travelling in the next few months and I thought maybe I could bring a PS3 with me and play this online with him. Dammit!

Had I known about this and other hassles with respect to EA games (my older son couldn't play Battlefield Bad Company 2 which at least I sort of understand because of the rating) I wouldn't have signed them up as child accounts.

Yeah, I suppose we could just make a dummy account for them to use online but they like their own accounts/trophies/etc...

OK, so the big reason I wanted the downloadble Burnout Paradise was so that I could do the online challenges with my kids. We have 2 PS3s so the ability to download onto multiple systems is awesome.

But fucking EA won't let my son play online - something about respecting the laws of our region (which is U.S.). Wait, so EA thinks it isn't OK for a kid to play an E-rated game online but Sony thinks LBP2 is OK. And MS thinks letting them play M-rated Halo Reach is OK? WTF!?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/10/the-drop-week-of-july-5th-2011-new-releases-2/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood – Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood offers a never-before-seen multiplayer layer. Players can help the Templars by using Abstergo to train in the art of Assassination to eliminate the Assassins once and for all. Players can choose from a wide range of unique characters, each with their own signature weapons and assassination techniques, and match their skills against other players from all over the world in different game modes.

PSN Demos

Catherine
PixelJunk Shooter 2: Online Battle
Dead Nation

minis

Mighty Flip Champs! DX — In Mighty Flip Champs, players control Alta as she warps through a virtual stack of maze-laden chambers that “flip” past like pages of a magical book. Action takes place on the top screen, with the Touch Screen displaying a reflected preview of the next room, and Alta’s projected destination within it. When it’s time to flip, Alta uses her Magical Warp Wand to replace her world with the next one. Will she land safely on solid ground, or be crushed under it? By cycling endlessly through room after brain busting room, players will match wits with some of the most inspired traps in puzzle/platforming history.

[quote name='io']OK, so the big reason I wanted the downloadble Burnout Paradise was so that I could do the online challenges with my kids. We have 2 PS3s so the ability to download onto multiple systems is awesome.

But fucking EA won't let my son play online - something about respecting the laws of our region (which is U.S.). Wait, so EA thinks it isn't OK for a kid to play an E-rated game online but Sony thinks LBP2 is OK? And MS thinks letting them play M-rated Halo Reach is OK? WTF!?

I might be doing a lot of travelling in the next few months and I thought maybe I could bring a PS3 with me and play this online with him. Dammit!

Had I known about this and other hassles with respect to EA games (my older son couldn't play Battlefield Bad Company 2 which at least I sort of understand because of the rating) I wouldn't have signed them up as child accounts.

Yeah, I suppose we could just make a dummy account for them to use online but they like their own accounts/trophies/etc...[/QUOTE]
Is burnout locked from sharing, or is it locked out because your using child accounts?

This is probably due to the camera and mic functionality. CYA kind of thing.

I know it's been discussed before, but can you not contact Sony and have them graduate those accounts up to full-fledged PSN accounts?

Finally a Catherine demo, aside from that....looks like a dry week. Heres to hoping for some good unannounced DLC. (Like Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 or EDF:IA)

[quote name='nbballard']Is burnout locked from sharing, or is it locked out because your using child accounts?

This is probably due to the camera and mic functionality. CYA kind of thing.

I know it's been discussed before, but can you not contact Sony and have them graduate those accounts up to full-fledged PSN accounts?[/QUOTE]

EA locks out all online functionality for sub accounts, no matter what the game is rated, or what it does, or how old the child is. It's a completely stupid policy and a big annoyance.

There was no way to promote a sub account to a master account last time I looked. (And I looked just now, quickly, and it doesn't look like anything has changed). Sony's "answer" is to create a new master account for your child...and lose all his/her saves and trophies.

I ran into this last year with my son and TF2. I ended up letting him use my account, which completely defeats the purpose of master/sub accounts and keeping things controlled and secure.

[quote name='blandstalker']
I ran into this last year with my son and TF2. I ended up letting him use my account, which completely defeats the purpose of master/sub accounts and keeping things controlled and secure.[/QUOTE]

This... All this is going to do is make me put in fake ages for them for this sort of thing in the future. So I lose the ability to control things I want to control (like purchasing, voice chat, etc) in order to simply let them play the damn games.

[quote name='io']This... All this is going to do is make me put in fake ages for them for this sort of thing in the future. So I lose the ability to control things I want to control (like purchasing, voice chat, etc) in order to simply let them play the damn games.[/QUOTE]

no matter what youre a cool dad man. my dad never got why i liked videogames and its cool to see a parent willing to go through all that so they can spend time with their kids enjoying a hobby you all like. if more parents tried to do that maybe so many kids these days wouldnt be so messed up.

[quote name='lokizz']no matter what youre a cool dad man. my dad never got why i liked videogames and its cool to see a parent willing to go through all that so they can spend time with their kids enjoying a hobby you all like. if more parents tried to do that maybe so many kids these days wouldnt be so messed up.[/QUOTE]

Can I quote you to my wife? She doesn't share your praise for me and this hobby ;).

I don't understand why there are no new games this wee unless they are just holding them off due to the sale. They have games that are waiting to be released due to the PSN shutdown like Daggerdale. You would think they would want to get this stuff out there.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']I don't understand why there are no new games this wee unless they are just holding them off due to the sale.[/QUOTE]Maybe they'll stealth release something?

According to Major Nelson (xbox) THQ's Warhammer 40K Space Marine tiein Warhammer 40K Kill Team is coming out on the 360 tomorrow but THQ hasn't released any sort of official word... (So maybe it will release on PSN too.)

[quote name='io']Can I quote you to my wife? She doesn't share your praise for me and this hobby ;).[/QUOTE]

lol feel free to because its true. it wasnt till years later i realized i had anything in common with my dad and if id known about it maybe our relationship could have been better than it was or at the very least less awkward.

[quote name='io']Can I quote you to my wife? She doesn't share your praise for me and this hobby ;).[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain, man. But it's worth it to sit down with my 7 & 10 yr old boys and play some rock band or modnation or LBP. With enough badgering we usually get Mom to join in too :D

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Maybe they'll stealth release something?

According to Major Nelson (xbox) THQ's Warhammer 40K Space Marine tiein Warhammer 40K Kill Team is coming out on the 360 tomorrow but THQ hasn't released any sort of official word... (So maybe it will release on PSN too.)[/QUOTE]

I hadn't heard anything about this game until now. Looks awesome, thanks for sharing this info. Really hoping this comes to PSN soon.

Deals
Back to the Future: The Game - $13.99 - Expires 7/19
Chime Super Deluxe - $6.99 - Expires 7/19
Dead Space Extraction - $10.49 - Expires 7/19
Hard Corps: Uprising - $10.49 - Expires 7/19
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - $6.99 - Expires 7/19
PixelJunk Shooter 2 - $6.99 - Expires 7/19
Risk: Factions - $6.99 - Expires 7/19
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - $6.99 - Expires 7/19
Shank - $6.99 - Expires 7/19
Swarm - $10.49 - Expires 7/19
Tales from Space: About a Blob - $10.49 - Expires 7/19
Capcom Puzzle World - PSP - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - PSP - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - PSP - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Burnout Paradise Full Game Plus Bundle - $7.99 - Includes Game With Time Savers and Boost Specials packs, Hawker Mech, and Carson Extreme Hot Rod
Burnout Paradise - Party Pack - $1.99
Burnout Paradise - Toy Car Collection - $1.99
Burnout Paradise - Big Surf Island - $2.99
Burnout Paradise - Cops And Robbers - $1.99
Burnout Paradise - Legendary Car Pack - $1.99
Burnout Paradise - Boost Specials Car Pack - $1.99
Burnout Paradise - Time Savers Pack - $1.99
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit - Armed And Dangerous Pack - $3.99
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit - Lamborghini Untamed Pack - $3.99
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit - Porsche Unleashed Pack - $3.99
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit - Super Sports Pack - $3.99
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit - Three For All Bundle - $10.99
Need For Speed Pro Street - Collector’s Upgrade - $2.99
Need For Speed Pro Street - Extender Pack Bundle 1 - $1.99
Need For Speed Pro Street - Extender Pack Bundle 2 - $3.99
Need For Speed Pro Street - Muscle Car Bundle - $1.99
Need For Speed Pro Street - Sport Car Bundle - $3.99
Need For Speed Pro Street - Tuner Car Bundle - $3.99
Need For Speed Pro Street - Ultimate Bundle - $2.99
Need For Speed Shift - Exotic Racing Series - $2.99
Need For Speed Undercover - Collector’s Edition Upgrade - $2.99
Need For Speed Undercover - Exotic Car Bundle - $1.99
Need For Speed Undercover - Muscle Car Bundle - $1.99
Need For Speed Undercover - Tuner Car Bundle - $1.99
Need For Speed Undercover - Ultimate Performance Bundle - $1.99
Need For Speed Undercover - Ultimate Visual Bundle - $1.99
Need For Speed Undercover - Boss Car Bundle - $1.99

Pulse
Pulse - 7/12 Edition - Free

Games
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - $39.99 - 7.3 GB

Minis
Mighty Flip Champs! DX - $5.99 - 26 MB

Demos
Catherine
Dead Nation
PixelJunk Shooter 2 Multiplayer

Add-ons
Dirt 3 - Mud and Guts Car Pack - $5.99
Dirt 3 - Citreon C4 Rallycross - $1.99
Dirt 3 - Ford Mustang GT - $1.99
Dirt 3 - Lancia Stratos - $1.99
Dirt 3 - Peugeot 205 T16 EVO 2 - $1.99
Dirt 3 - Saturn Sky - $1.99
L.A. Noire - Reefer Madness Vice Case - $3.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Final Fantasy VII Costume Pack - $5.99 - Includes bonus Vincent
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Aeris Costume - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Cloud Costume - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Sephiroth Costume - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Tifa Costume - $1.99
Magic: the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 - Various Add-ons (20) - $0.99 each
Michael Jackson The Experience - Another Part of Me - $2.99
ModNation Racers - Gladiators Parts Pack - $4.99
MotorStorm Apocalypse - Queen of Hearts Event Pack - Free
NCAA Football 12 - Various Add-ons - $0.99 to $24.99
Rock Band 3 - "Boom" by P.O.D. - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "A Little Respect" by Erasure - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Relax (Come Fighting)" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Youth of the Nation" by P.O.D. - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Andromeda" by Bluefusion - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - "Another Step" by Andromeda - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Country Song" by Seether - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "The Final Episode (Let's Change the Channel)" by Asking Alexandria - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Queen Bee" by Tina Guo - $0.99
Wizardy: Labyrinth of Lost Souls - Limit Free Levels - $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - Puzzle Pack - $4.99

Videos
Asura's Wrath E3 2011 Trailer
Call of Juarez The Cartell Co-Opetition Trailer
Catherine Announcement Trailer
Disney Universe Announce Trailer
Disney Universe E3 Trailer

Themes
Shadows of the Damned

Premium Themes
Green Zombie - $2.99 - Dynamic
Horror - $2.99 - Dynamic
Independence Day Pinup - $2.99 - Dynamic
Purple Smoke - $2.99 - Dynamic
Summertime - $0.99

Wallpaper
Shadows of the Damned

Beyond Good & Evil HD (2) - $0.49 each
Dino Crisis 2 (10) - $0.49 each
Mega Man Powered Up (7) - $0.49 each
PlayStation Move Ape Escape Avatar Bundle 1 - $1.49
PlayStation Move Ape Escape Avatar Bundle 2 - $1.49
PlayStation Move Ape Escape (10) - $0.49 each

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Back to the Future: The Game - $9.79
Chime Super Deluxe - $4.89
Dead Space Extraction - $7.34
Hard Corps: Uprising - $7.34
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - $4.89
PixelJunk Shooter 2 - $4.89
Risk: Factions - $4.89
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - $4.89
Shank - $4.89
Swarm - $7.34
Tales from Space: About a Blob - $7.34

Games
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Full Game Trial
Golden Axe

Themes
PlayStation Plus Anniversary - Dynamic
Summertime

Dino Crisis 2 Bundle - $0.99

Last edited by a moderator:
man this is a sick week for plus subscribers. got pacman and pjs2 downloading golden axe now ( wish it was the arcade version) btw how long does shank take to beat and does it have much replay value?

Capcom is doing a promotion where if you use the Dino Crisis 2 David avatar and change your PSN comment to one of his quotes from the game, you'll be entered in a drawing to have a real dinosaur come to your house.

I just sold my vanilla copy of Burnout Paradise to someone on Amazon for $18 plus shipping. What's wrong with these people?

Might get Pacman CE DX and Pixel Junk Shooter 2. I already have Pacman Championship Edition on the Xbox 360 through Namco Museum Virtual Arcade.

Also, got the Burnout Paradise DLC for my disc copy. Avoided Cops/Robbers and the Party Pack, got everything else.

Does Pacman CE DX have a 2 player mode?

The most fun I ever had with Pacman was on the gameboy version that let you link up with a friend. Whenever you ate a ghost it would get sent over to your opponent's game.

Does this game have anything like that? Now that many people are playing on large widescreens it shouldn't have been a problem to implement 2 players simultaneously and locally.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you create a sub account? I would like to be able to separate my purchases from my free downloads and don't want to have to get a 2nd email address to make a 2nd master account.

Quick question:

From my understanding, the "free" games offered through PlayStation Plus are no longer available to play after your subscription ends, correct?

However, any games purchased through PlayStation Plus is yours to keep forever?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yes and Yes.[/QUOTE]

Fastest reply ever!

Thanks for all the contributions to the PS3 threads. I lurk a lot but don't really engage. ;)

Any glowing recommendations for local co-op friendly PS3/PSN stuff in the Summer Sale?

Some of the free Plus games are yours to keep forever but they are few and far between. You can always tell by hitting triangle in the XMB, selecting information, and checking to see if it loads in an expiration date.

[quote name='Narcisstalker']Any glowing recommendations for local co-op friendly PS3/PSN stuff in the Summer Sale?

Some of the free Plus games are yours to keep forever but they are few and far between. You can always tell by hitting triangle in the XMB, selecting information, and checking to see if it loads in an expiration date.[/QUOTE]
Those aren't yours to keep. Login to qriocity.com to confirm that they do have an expiration date.

bread's done
Back