What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

[quote name='cliqueatnightvandal']Do vanilla borderlands disc saves work with downloaded goty? It's seems 50/50 if old saves work with either downloaded games or goty versions.[/QUOTE]

My disc save worked for me with the download. Also, the download is not a "GOTY" version. The package contains the original Borderlands game, and all four DLC separately.

Anyone want to team up for some of the co-op trophies? I need to complete 15 quests in co-op, kill one of the main bosses (i'm on my way to sledge on my second playthrough), and pickup the "...and they'll tell two friends" trophy. Add me if you want to play. PSN: Ashimbo.

[quote name='Narcisstalker']During a special Twisted Gamer Radio podcast of the Gearbox Community Day 2011: Borderlands Panel Randy Pitchford, while talking about their new testing tools and their integration into the current Borderlands game, accidentally outed the sequel.

Gearbox is basically going to push these testing tools out to the Steam version of Borderlands (only one mentioned if my memory serves) and then apply the data gathered to a kind of community infused/informed development process for the sequel. Very cool stuff. (like MegaMan Legends 3 kinda only it won't get shit-canned)

EDIT: Gearbox Labs was the terminology that was used during the panel but there are other names floating around for it. Discussion thread.[/QUOTE]

Damn man, didn't know Mega Man Legends 3 was canned. That really sucks (and so does Capcom's lame excuse for cancelling it).

But it's good to hear that Gearbox is looking into what consumers want out of Borderlands 2. Really looking forward to that one.

[quote name='Brownjohn']My disc save worked for me with the download. Also, the download is not a "GOTY" version. The package contains the original Borderlands game, and all four DLC separately.

Anyone want to team up for some of the co-op trophies? I need to complete 15 quests in co-op, kill one of the main bosses (i'm on my way to sledge on my second playthrough), and pickup the "...and they'll tell two friends" trophy. Add me if you want to play. PSN: Ashimbo.[/QUOTE]
The GOTY disc is just the regular disc with codes for the DLC.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The GOTY disc is just the regular disc with codes for the DLC.[/QUOTE]
Actually there are two versions. One with DLC vouchers and one with the DLC on the disc which you have to install via the home screen. Either way both is like a 4 gig install roughly for all the DLC I believe but you can install piece by piece.

borderlands is a pretty fun game so far definelty a slow start but man theres fucking guns everywhere very hard to decide what to keep and what to get rid of.

^Yea, it's kind of slow until after the first boss. I don't know that I'd even use a boss as a watermark though. I'd say it's slow until you find a gun you can really enjoy.

I was kind of bored until I found a nice assault rifle. Then it picked up.

[quote name='nbballard']^Yea, it's kind of slow until after the first boss. I don't know that I'd even use a boss as a watermark though. I'd say it's slow until you find a gun you can really enjoy.

I was kind of bored until I found a nice assault rifle. Then it picked up.[/QUOTE]

i was surpsied at how easy that first boss was. when the fight was over i was waiting for him to pop up again or something but nope lol.

[quote name='lokizz']i was surpsied at how easy that first boss was. when the fight was over i was waiting for him to pop up again or something but nope lol.[/QUOTE]
The worst part about Borderlands is the boss fights. They are incredibly uneven. Some of the bosses were dead before I even saw any attacks (final boss of main campaign), and some were just downright mean (skagzilla).

It's the kind of game you play to show off new guns and watch enemies explode.

I've been playing the game since release, and it still doesn't get old watching guys just burst into flames when i shoot them.

Moe and Marley was one of the sidequests where I leveled up past the side-quest level and went back with no problem. But even around that level...demolishment unless I had help.

The price for some of those SNK mini's are ridiculous. $2.99 for a top down space shooter from the 80s? Maybe if they had bundled some of those old games together. But individually they're not worth more than 50 cents.

[quote name='nbballard']The worst part about Borderlands is the boss fights. They are incredibly uneven. Some of the bosses were dead before I even saw any attacks (final boss of main campaign), and some were just downright mean (skagzilla).
[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree about the bosses. Some are fucking easy and some are downright brutal. I got up to Mad Mel last night well until my PS3 froze (First playthrough on my PS3 copy). He is fucking brutal singleplayer.

[quote name='eldergamer']The price for some of those SNK mini's are ridiculous. $2.99 for a top down space shooter from the 80s? Maybe if they had bundled some of those old games together. But individually they're not worth more than 50 cents.[/QUOTE]

I got Ikari Warriors for the nostalgia. With my PS+ discount it was bearable but only in small bursts. It's also much harder than I remember it being. Granted, I typically played the NES and (wait for it) Apple IIe ports but I could get pretty far without continuing back in the day. Rotating with the L and R buttons takes some getting used to, I might turn that feature off at the expense of not being able to strafe.

I really wish there was a Borderlands without DLC download available. I got the voucher GOTY version around Christmas and I've already redeemed the DLC. All I need is the vanilla game on my hard drive and I'll be set. $10? Please?

[quote name='eldergamer']The price for allof those SNK releases are ridiculous. $7.99 for a neo geo rom? Maybe if they had bundled some of those old games together. But individually they're not worth more than 5 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you. ;)

It's such a tough sell to pay $8 for Metal Slug when you get nothing but a clone of the Neo Geo rom. At least on Live I get cheesemints...or I can buy the entire Metal Slug collection for about $10 now.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Fixed that for you. ;)

It's such a tough sell to pay $8 for Metal Slug when you get nothing but a clone of the Neo Geo rom. At least on Live I get cheesemints...or I can buy the entire Metal Slug collection for about $10 now.[/QUOTE]

I really don't see how a neogeo rom should cost $5. If they added extra stages or something new then $5 would be fair. But there is no way that is a fair price for a product they already made a good profit from years ago.

I will never pay more than 1-2 dollars for any of those Neo Geo roms (which have been available through years now through emulation at a much more manageable price point :lol:) .

Funny thing is that SNK basically broke up the "SNK Arcade Hits 0" PSP release from Japan as a big group of PSP minis in the US PSN, and are selling each for $2-3. That's pretty smart from where I sit.

No online play for SNK fighters is a huge letdown, particularly for the price. Isn't the point of these games competitive play?

I don't like playing really old games on hd tvs it doesn't really do them justice. I was getting much farther in Ikari Warriors without gettin killed on my psp 2000 and things looked and felt better than playing in a little portion of a giant screen. I picked up Athena which is fun but really tough. I'm tempted to get league bowling, i think you can play it online with friends along with the fighters.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...-11-99-4-new-free-games-announced-for-august/

Not sure how I missed this, but here's the PS+ updates for the next couple of weeks:
Summer is just starting to sizzle, and we have some amazing content offers coming to PlayStation Plus that will keep you gaming all through the hottest season of the year. Before we get to the offers available starting July 26th and August 2nd, we are thrilled to let you know that the critically-acclaimed title Limbo is now available for $11.99 (a 20% discount) to all PlayStation Plus members, until August 1st. You may also notice a change in the look of the Plus category on PlayStation Store. We’ve updated the design to make it easier for members to navigate through the 100+ offers available, and grouped everything together in a way to easily identify what’s being offered. Here’s a rundown on what you’ll see on PlayStation Store’s Plus page:

New Releases: Find the weekly Tuesday updates for PlayStation Plus. We’ll still feature the bigger bi-weekly offers which will cover the monthly free games, along with discounts and exclusives, and there will continue to be smaller updates throughout the month.

Last Chance: You should snag these offers quick, as they’ll end the upcoming Tuesday.

Games: Here you’ll find all the games offered in Plus, including the free games available for the month to PlayStation Plus users.

Reminder: Access to Free Games requires an active PlayStation Plus subscription; Games purchased in Plus Are Yours to keep.

Add-Ons: Find free and discounted add-ons in this category.

Reminder: Access to Free Add-Ons requires an active PlayStation Plus subscription; Add-Ons purchased in Plus are yours to keep

Themes and Avatars: Your one-stop shop for all custom themes and avatars, free and discounted, through PlayStation Plus.

Reminder: Any of these offers downloaded in PlayStation Plus are yours to keep

Full Game Trials: Play PlayStation Network High Definition Digital Games for an hour. These are the high valued (some $30 – $60) digital copies of the Blu-ray games available at retail stores you can download directly to your PS3 for free. Experience the full game with all features turned on such as: Multiplayer, Trophies, online and more. If you want more after the one-hour test drive, you can directly purchase from PlayStation Store the game afterwards and keep all your hard earned trophies and game data.

Reminder: All downloaded Full Game Trials in PlayStation Plus are yours to keep

Side Note: We’ve been hearing from PlayStation Plus subscribers that the yellow icons are difficult to read, so starting on August 2nd, you’ll notice a new, darker tone for those icons. Thanks for your feedback!

As always, check below for the highlighted offers, along with the full list that follows:

Free Games and DLC
As we mentioned in the headline, we have four free games lined up for you soon on PlayStation Plus. On August 2nd, subscribers can download PSN title Crash Commando, PSone title Destruction Derby, and minis Dr. Maybe and the Adventures of Scarygirl and Omg-Z! all for free. We also have the Funky Lab Rat: Challenge Bundle DLC coming to you for free on July 26th.

Huge Discounts
Starting July 26th two new $5 offers.
Sega Rally Online Arcade (One-week only). Also available, action-packed monster romp Eat Them!

Great Exclusives
Channel your inner futuristic super soldier in Section 8: Prejudice with access to an exclusive Prejudice Hunter Armor, available for free to all PlayStation Plus subscribers. Additionally, the first 1,000 PlayStation Plus subscribers to download Section 8: Prejudice will get a message sent to their XMB message box for the original game, Section 8, completely free! This offer will end on August 2nd.

We also have some new high-profile Full Game Trials coming your way, with the medieval fantasy RPG Dragon Age: Origins and the action packed open-world FPS Far Cry 2.

Thanks again, and be sure to check out our full list of PlayStation Plus deals below.

Here is the content list for July 26th and August 2nd:

Free PSN:
Crash Commando, Aug 2

Free PS One:
Destruction Derby, Aug 2

Free minis:

Dr. Maybe and the Adventures of Scarygirl, Aug 2
OMG-Z!, Aug 2

Free DLC:

Funky Lab Rat: Challenge Bundle, Jul 26

Free Exclusive In Game Item:

Section 8: Prejudice Hunter Armor, Jul 26

Exclusive Discounts:

SEGA Rally Online Arcade – 50% off, Jul 26 (One Week Only)
Eat Them – 50% off, Jul 26
One Epic Game Mini– New Release 50% off, Aug 2
Farm Frenzy Mini – 70% off, Aug 2

Full Game Trial:

Dragon Age: Origins, Aug 2
Far Cry 2, Aug 2

Free Dynamic Theme:

City Dynamic Theme, Aug 2

Exclusive Avatar Bundle:

Super Street Fighter® IV (8-Bit) PSN Avatar Bundle (35), $2.99, Jul 26

Free Media:

Qore, August Episode – Single Episode, August 2

Last Chance Items – Coming Down Soon

Free PSN:
Bomberman Ultra, Ends Aug 2

Free PS One:

Medievil, Ends Aug 2

Free minis:
Alien Zombie Death Mini, Ends Aug 2
ME MONSTAR: Hear Me Roar, Ends Aug 2

Free DLC:

Funky Lab Rat, Ends Aug 2

Exclusive Discounts:

Limbo, Ends Aug 2
SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Ends Aug 2
Richochet HD, Ends Aug 2
MotorStorm Apocalypse Outlaw Vehicle Pack, Ends Aug 2nd

Free Exclusive Themes:

Fresh Curves, Ends Jul 26
Fireplace Dynamic Theme, Ends Jul 26
Fish Tank Dynamic Theme, Ends Jul 26
Growing Garden Dynamic Theme, Ends Aug 2
PlayStation Plus Clock Dynamic Theme, Ends Aug 2

Free Media:

Qore, July Episode – Single Episode, Ends August 2
[quote name='Halo05']I really wish there was a Borderlands without DLC download available. I got the voucher GOTY version around Christmas and I've already redeemed the DLC. All I need is the vanilla game on my hard drive and I'll be set. $10? Please?[/QUOTE]
There is a vanilla version, which is on sale for $15.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/24/the-drop-week-of-july-25th-2011-new-releases/

Here's The Drop for this week:
Golden Axe – In Turtle Village, the children are fleeing for their lives! The invaders are brutal, ugly, and 12 feet tall, with huge arms, bellowing laughs, and fierce weapons for pounding you into the ground!

In this version of the classic arcade beat-em-up Golden Axe, three mighty heroes have a score to settle with the evil Death Adder. As a powerful fighter, a female Amazon, or a mighty dwarf, fight through Adder’s henchmen with weapon and magic attacks, or ride the fearsome, fire-breathing dragon in Golden Axe.

Back to the Future: The Game Episode 5 – Marty McFly and Doc Brown return in a completely new Back to the Future adventure. Six months after the events of the third film, the DeLorean Time Machine mysteriously returns to Hill Valley — driverless! Marty must go back in time and get aid from a resistant teenage Emmett Brown, or else the space time continuum will forever be unraveled!

Section 8: Prejudice – In the distant future, humanity will call on its most fearless defenders to confront an emerging threat determined to eradicate all human life as we know it. Section 8: Prejudice is a sci-fi first-person shooter with dynamic combat, where every decision — from customizing equipment to activating team based objectives — drastically impacts the battlefield.

Deadliest Warrior: Legends – In Deadliest Warrior: Legends, take control of history’s greatest warriors and face the likes of Alexander the Great, Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan, Hannibal, Hernan Cortes, Shaka Zulu, Sun Tzu, Vlad the Impaler and William Wallace.

With enhanced graphics and 9 arenas, new fighting options like grapples, pushes, ring outs, feints, projectile targeting, and new final strikes will expand your tactical options! Also included, a new strategy game called Generals! Players take control of the Battlefield Simulator from the TV show and play 1 of the 9 legendary warrior campaigns and unlock abilities that the actual warriors used to get an edge in battle.

Demos

No More Heroes’ Paradise
Deadliest Warrior: Legends

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, it's the Genesis game.[/QUOTE]

Oh, really? I thought Golden Axe was on the store already since I saw it on one of the accounts on my PS3's download list. Maybe that was the arcade version, though. I never checked.

Oh, also you may have made an error in the second post.

You said Golden Axe 2 - $4.99 instead of Golden Axe. Either that or the quote's incorrect. :S

This version of Golden Axe isn't the Genesis version, it's the arcade release. It's basically shorter and better looking/sounding compared to the Genesis port. A pretty easy 100% if you learn to abuse the AI and find someone online to play with once. It's actually easier to beat the game without continuing if you play alone, the enemies are much more predictable that way.

I'm definitely planning on getting Minerva's Den after the sparkling recommendations here, and I have no interest in multiplayer. Are the Protector Trials worth picking up?

THQ games and DLC 50% off through 8/1. I am down for Cosutme Quest.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/26/psn-and-thq-50-off-content-sale/

PSN users will be able to purchase these full games from THQ at 50% off:
THQ will also offer tons of select half-price DLC from many of our hit Franchises.
  • MX vs. ATV Alive & Reflex DLC
  • MX vs. ATV Reflex DLC
  • Red Faction Guerilla DLC
  • Red Faction Battlegrounds DLC
  • Saints Row 2 DLC
  • UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC
  • WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 DLC
  • Stacking DLC
  • Costume Quest DLC
  • You Don’t Know Jack DLC

These are the prices of the THQ games for those wonder what 50% off is:

PS3
Costume Quest - $7.49
Red Faction: Battlegrounds - $4.99
Red Faction: Guerrilla - $9.99
Stacking - $7.49

PSP
MX vs ATV Reflex - $14.99 - 231 MB
MX vs ATV Untamed - $9.99 - 185 MB

Deals
Comet Crash - $2.99
Costume Quest - $7.49
Costume Quest - Grubbins On Ice - $2.49
Cuboid - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Fat Princess Anniversary Bundle - $14.99 - Includes Game, DLC, Avatars, and Dynamic Themes
Funky Lab Rat - Challenges Bundle - $2.99
Hamsterball - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Lost Planet 2 - Map Pack 1 - $1.99
Lost Planet 2 - Map Pack 2 - $1.99
Magic Orbz - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
MX vs ATV Reflex - PSP - $14.99
MX vs ATV Untamed - PSP - $9.99
MX vs ATV Reflex - Track Pack 1 - $0.99
MX vs ATV Reflex - Track Pack 2 - $0.99
Red Faction: Battlegrounds - $4.99
Red Faction: Battlegrounds - Armageddon Pack - $1.49
Red Faction: Battlegrounds - Origins Pack - $1.49
Red Faction: Guerrilla - $9.99
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Demons Of The Badlands Pack - $4.99
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Multiplayer Pack - $3.49
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Smasher Pack - $2.49
Richochet HD - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Saints Row 2 - Ultor Exposed - $4.99
Saints Row 2 - Corporate Warfare - $3.49
Sky Fighters - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Smash Cars - $7.50 - Temporary Sale
Stacking - $7.49
Stacking - The Lost Hobo King - $2.39
UFC Undisputed 2010 - PSP - $19.99
UFC Undisputed 2010 - TUF Pack - $0.99
Wackylands Boss - PSP/PS3 - $2.99
Wakeboarding HD - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 - PSP - $19.99
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 - Fan Axxess - $4.99
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 - WWE Discount Pack 1 - $3.49
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 - WWE Discount Pack 2 - $1.49
You Don’t Know Jack - Pack 1 - $2.49
You Don’t Know Jack - Pack 2 - $2.49
You Don’t Know Jack - Pack 3 - $2.49
You Don’t Know Jack - Pack 4 - $2.49

Pulse
Pulse - 7/26 Edition - Free

Games
Back to the Future: The Game Episode 5 - Free With Season Subscription
Deadliest Warrior: Legends - $9.99
Golden Axe - $4.99
Section 8: Prejudice - $14.99 - Includes Blitz Armor Pack and Overdrive Map Pack until 8/2

Demos
Deadliest Warrior: Legends
No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise - Move Compatible

Add-ons
Dirt 3 - Brembo Racing Team Pack - $0.99
Dirt 3 - Mobil 1 Performance Team Pack - $0.99
Dirt 3 - Super Teams Pack - $2.99
Dirt 3 - Team Yokohama Pack - $0.99
Dirt 3 - Texaco Racing Team Pack - $0.99
Dirt 3 - X Games Asia Track Pack - $0.99
Dragon Age II - Legacy Pack - $9.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 - New Weapon Pack 3 - $0.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 - Original Costume Pack 2 - $4.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 - Original Costume Pack 3 - $4.99
Homefront - Fire Sale Map Pack - $2.99
Homefront - Express 870 Shotgun - $0.99
L.A. Noire - The Consul’s Car Traffic Case - $3.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - MotorStorm Apocalypse Minipack - $2.99
MotorStorm Apocalypse - Ace of Spades Event Pack - Free
ModNation Racers - Junkyard Parts Pack - $4.99
Red Faction: Armageddon - Recon Pack - $0.99
Red Faction: Armageddon - Commando Pack - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - Yes Pack 1 - $8.49 - Includes the five songs below
Rock Band 3 - “Heart Of The Sunrise” by Yes - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “I’ve Seen All Good People” by Yes - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Owner Of A Lonely Heart” by Yes - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “South Side Of The Sky” by Yes - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Starship Trooper” by Yes - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Burning Hearts” by Silverstein - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Curse Of The Werewolf” by Timeless Miracle - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Katsushika” by Rishloo - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - “Schizophrenia” by Jukebox the Ghost - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Magnolia” by Tears in July - $1.99
Test Yourself - Memory - $2.99

PlayStation Home
PlayStation Home - Starter Pack 2 - $4.99

Applications
Move.me - $99.99

Videos
Duke Nukem Forever History Of A Legend, Episode 3 Trailer
Sniper Ghost Warrior Trailer
Limbo Trailer
Back To The Future: The Game Season Recap Trailer
Dungeon Defenders Announcement Trailer
Resistance Greatest Hits Dual Pack Launch Trailer
Section 8: Prejudice Launch Trailer

Premium Themes
Art In Motion: Kites - $2.99 - Dynamic
Corn Love - $2.99 - Dynamic
Dynamic Horror Skulls - $2.99 - Dynamic
Electric Rain - $2.99 - Dynamic
Fat Princess - $2.99 - Dynamic
Frog - $2.99 - Dynamic

Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (8) - $0.49 each
Super Street Fighter IV 8-Bit (7) - $0.49 each
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (10) - $0.49 each
Under Siege Bundle - $0.99
Under Siege (5) - $0.49 each
--------------------------------------
PlayStation Plus

Deals
Eat Them - $5.00
SEGA Rally Online Arcade - $5.00

Add-ons
Funky Lab Rat - Challenge Bundle

Super Street Fighter IV 8-Bit Avatar Bundle - $2.99

yes ive been waiting a while for the rfg dlc to drop in price and it finally does!!!!!this has been one hell of a month for discounts.

well im dl section 8 now saw only 128 reviews and thought i had a good chance of being one of the first 1000 ps+ but then realized that evreyone is + cause of the welcome back...has that expired for everybody yet any way we ll see if i get the message with the first game i let u all know

[quote name='tokyoterror']well im dl section 8 now saw only 128 reviews and thought i had a good chance of being one of the first 1000 ps+ but then realized that evreyone is + cause of the welcome back...has that expired for everybody yet any way we ll see if i get the message with the first game i let u all know[/QUOTE]

Depends, the Original + probally is just about to expire, or has expired already. (Not sure, i didnt redeem it on any other accounts).

Though, the people that lucked out and got 2 months (Like me), still have like a week left.

Everyone should buy Sega Rally Online Arcade because it is amazing. Best game i have played online in years.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. 420']Everyone should buy Sega Rally Online Arcade because it is amazing. Probably the most fun i have had with a game online in years.

bread's done
Back