Whats in the PS Store Thread: Sega Superstars Tennis and Condemned 2 demos up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Anyone who downloads the new SSHD add-on MUST tell me their impressions.[/QUOTE]

It gives you some interesting new modes. My favorite so far is the bomber mode. You're thrust onto a planet and only have limited bombs. You don't have the boost or any weapons. There are these new weird blue asteroids that are chained together and just remain in place. Every once in a while one of those ships that contain two bombs will appear. It's a pretty fresh new game mode. The endless and time attack modes are about what you'd expect.

You can have a custom soundtrack in the game now. I think you have to have set lists made prior to entering the game, though. When I fooled around with it a little bit, it would only play the song I selected because I didn't make any set lists.

Lair patch is also online. will finally get to open it and see how it is.. =)

Love the new store layout/interface.. use O to go up a level? yes please.. (do most of my store browsing with my blu-ray remote so it makes things so much easier for me now)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Of course it is easy to believe that. Developers only release demos if they don't think their game is getting enough hype or needs more word of mouth. Games that already have that don't need a demo to sell themselves.[/QUOTE]Advertising and hype usually do lead to the biggest sales (Assassin's Creed especially comes to mind), but I was just kind of pointing it out how it related to PSN (I remember PAIN selling either the most (or really high)) and it lacked a demo. I'll admit one reason I haven't bought PAIN because I haven't played it (I'm still unsure).

Anyway, can't wait for the new PS Store update. It's nice to see a small icon indicating what you already downloaded.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Advertising and hype usually do lead to the biggest sales (Assassin's Creed especially comes to mind), but I was just kind of pointing it out how it related to PSN (I remember PAIN selling either the most (or really high)) and it lacked a demo. I'll admit one reason I haven't bought PAIN because I haven't played it (I'm still unsure).

Anyway, can't wait for the new PS Store update. It's nice to see a small icon indicating what you already downloaded.[/quote]

yeah, same here. I never even thought of gettin pain, since I had/have no idea what the gameplay/the game is about... I think thats something psn needs to pick up on, steal from xbl if you will. All of the xbl games have demos, and a lot more than psn when it comes to full game demos too. Instead of an update I would have rather seen a better effort towards content. Where are the Movies? Hell, where are the HD movies? I have several HD 720p movies on my external hdd right now... I just wish sony would give us some content and software and worry less about home and blu-ray...

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']yeah, same here. I never even thought of gettin pain, since I had/have no idea what the gameplay/the game is about... I think thats something psn needs to pick up on, steal from xbl if you will. All of the xbl games have demos, and a lot more than psn when it comes to full game demos too. Instead of an update I would have rather seen a better effort towards content. Where are the Movies? Hell, where are the HD movies? I have several HD 720p movies on my external hdd right now... I just wish sony would give us some content and software and worry less about home and blu-ray...[/QUOTE]Sony has to be careful about movies because MS is trying to push digital downloads for movies, while Sony is pushing blu-ray to be the next format (which they now have). Allowing downloadable HD movies could actually hurt the blu-ray format. Sony releasing downloads of HD movies would kind of be like them making a game for 360. Sony wants people to own blu-ray discs and rent disc based movies from rental places.

Every PSN game having a demo will never happen. SCE said themselves that a publisher can do it if they want to spend more resources and money on getting the game done sooner, and with the majoirty of top selling PSN games lacking a demo (but having a demo) according to the GDC chart, that's not going to change their minds anytime soon. If demos were heavily pushing sales, they'd probably push for it, but in reality it doesn't. Not really just trying to stick up for SCE here, but they'll do what works best to maximize sales and costs less.

As for full game demos in reality, almost every game released around Summer 2007 has a demo on PSN and XBL (a few games have a PSN demo, no XBL demo, and vice versa, but not a lot). Part of the reason there's more on XBL is because of multi-platform games before Summer 2007 having a demo along with it being out an extra year. It was said that originally, SCEA did not have the PS Store open to third parties, and didn't heavily encourage demos by them (I'm talking about retail demos) until Summer 2007. Overall, I'd say since Summer 2007, PSN and XBL have received about the same number of demos (I'm talking retail here), and if there's any slight advantage, it just has to do with the 360 naturally having more exclusives due to being out longer.

I fully understand sony's investment in blu-ray, I was just saying that I wish they didn't. I understand what you're saying about the psn games, but I think most of the fact that sales for them are high is because when a psn game comes out, its big news, and it gets the hype. (e.g. Pain). With xbl there seems to be a new game every week or so, so they need a demo so that people can actually see what the game is. With the psn games, I think that people already know some what what they are getting, due to the exposure... I've seen too many videos of Calling All Cars, Pain, and Flow already...

As for the full game demos, I was mainly going on what I hear on the cagcast and cag foreplay. I always hear, "Hey did you download this demo". And I think to myself, why didn't we get that, its multiplatform. But maybe I'm wrong, I dont have an 360 or xbl so I cant truely say...

Sony just won the hd format battle, now its the war. And between the two options right now (disc and downloads), I'd prefer the downloaded version, although for that to happen, we'd need to see a release of a cost efficient 500gb-1tb laptop hard drive, PS3 wise.

I have a lot fo trouble getting hd movies to play on my ps3. First I gotta convert it, snd sometimes compress the audio to get it to fit on a dvd. I cant put them on a external, or ps3 internal hdd since sony uses the fat format instead of a normal hd format. So you cant go over 4 gb with one file. If we wanted a 1080p movie to fit on our ps3, it would have to be in 3-5 parts... which sucks...So disc format has to be my choice, even though I prefer downloadable movies, unless people will settle for

Pretty sure Sony will be pushing digital downloads for movies. Wasn't it announed a while back?
These are not meant as a replacement or substitute for BD discs however.

LOVE THE NEW STORE!

[quote name='darthbudge']The new store is up!!?? I thought it wasn't coming until Thursday. Is the new RB DLC up yet?[/quote]
They said no new store updates until Thursday, the new store firmware's just been this week until they said that it'd be out today.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They said no new store updates until Thursday, the new store firmware's just been this week until they said that it'd be out today.[/quote]
There are actually a couple new things up today. Two GT:p videos, Lair patch, SSD:HD add-on... I could be missing something else but that's what I remember.

Ubisoft has confirmed that a demo of Haze is scheduled to be available on Playstation Network at the beginning of May in Europe.

Online multiplayer co-op Demo (4 players)
campaign demo (1 player)

We'll see how it goes.
I like the dev so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

fuck that broken Beta code I have from Konami.
It's up for download now on the UK PSN store. MGO Beta

Also, Lair demo with full English and analog controls on the HK store.

psstoreapril.jpg

[quote name='dallow']fuck that broken Beta code I have from Konami.

psstoreapril.jpg
[/quote]

Oh sonuvabiscuit, they make us jump through a hoop to get a beta code and it's just sitting out there for everyone in the UK Store :(

[quote name='chodax']Hopefully Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be available for gamesharing although I highly think itll just be like warhawk[/quote]
There's a bold line in the description saying you must be logged-in to the PSN to play the game, so I think it's likely that that's the case.

Full US update:

Downloadable Games

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue ($39.99)
The best-selling racing franchise returns with the intense precursor to Gran Turismo 5, featuring over 60 cars from worldwide car manufacturers. With an all-new interior dash view, online racing with up to 16 players, Drift mode and more, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue unveils revolutionary advancements that deliver the ultimate racing experience.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 1.78 GB
Add-on Game Content

Warhawk Broken Mirror Pack ($7.99)
Download the “Operation: Broken Mirror” Booster Pack and increase the effectiveness of your team’s ground assaults with the new Armored Personnel Carrier and the Vaporfield Glacier Battlefield!
File size: 131 MB

Warhawk Booster Combo ($11.99)
Booster Combo includes the Warhawk “Operation: Omega Dawn” and “Operation: Broken Mirror” Booster Packs.
File size: 274 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

* “Still Alive” - GLaDOS and Jonathan Coulton (free)
* “Sprode” - Freezepop ($0.99)
* “Shake” - Count Zero ($0.99)
* “Rock Rebellion” - Bang Camaro ($0.99)
* Harmonix Pack 1 ($2.99) - Harmonix Pack 1 includes “Rock Rebellion” by Bang Camaro, “Shake” by Count Zero, and “Sprode” by Freezepop
* “Call Me” - Blondie ($1.99)
* “Simple Man” - Lynyrd Skynyrd ($1.99)
* “Message In A Bottle” - The Police ($1.99)
* Classic Rock Pack 1 ($5.49) - Classic Rock Pack 1 includes “Call Me” by Blondie, “Simple Man” by Lynyrd Skynyrd, and “Message In A Bottle” by The Police.

File sizes: 18 MB - 37.6 MB (singles), 93.6 MB - 93.7 MB (track packs).

Super Stardust HD Solo ($4.99)
Your solar system is under attack! Download Super Stardust HD Solo for an exhilarating single player experience. Enjoy bigger explosions, extended music tracks, completely remastered sound effects and three new game modes – Endless, Survival and Time Attack. This is an upgrade pack for Super Stardust HD. You must already own the full title to make use of this upgrade. (available since 4/15)
File size: 277 KB

Lair - Dragons and Control Pack (free)
Download the “Lair - Dragons and Control Pack” and experience an enhanced level of scorching and smashing with TWO NEW playable dragons, Analog Flight Control via the dual analog sticks, and DUALSHOCK 3 rumble support. (available since 4/15)
File size: 245 MB
Game Demos (free)

UEFA EURO 2008 Demo
Download the demo for UEFA EURO 2008 and experience the only official game of the UEFA European Championships 2008! Challenge Europe’s best and take your team to championship glory.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 988 MB
Game Videos (free)

Warhawk Broken Mirror Trailer
Download the Warhawk Operation Broken Mirror trailer today and learn how to increase the effectiveness of your team’s ground assaults with the new Armored Personnel Carrier and the Vaporfield Glacier Battlefield!
File size: 71 MB (HD)

Condemned 2: Bloodshot Making Of The TV Spot
A behind the scenes look at how Sega developed their horrific TV advertising for Condemned 2: Bloodshot.
File size: 198 MB (SD)

HAZE Mantel Corporate Vision
See the Mantel Difference. Meet David Bloomfield, CEO of Mantel Global Industries. This passionate leader explains the vision of his great company. Join Mantel. Fight the good fight.
File size: 55.6 MB (HD)

This is Vegas Annoucement Trailer
Live your Vegas Fantasy. Take a tour through THIS IS VEGAS with this outrageous teaser trailer.
File size: 29 MB (HD)

GT5 Prologue Friendly Fires Video
The best-selling racing franchise returns with the intense precursor to Gran Turismo 5, featuring over 60 cars from worldwide car manufacturers. With an all-new interior dash view, online racing, Drift mode and more, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue unveils revolutionary advancements that deliver the ultimate racing experience. Download the latest trailer featuring the song “On Board” by Friendly Fires from the game’s soundtrack. (available since 4/15)
File size: 54 MB (1080)

GT5 Prologue Beyond the Apex Trailer
Download the trailer for the HD feature “Beyond the Apex,” exclusive to the Blu-ray disc version of the game. The full documentary gives a behind-the-scenes look at the history of Gran Turismo, the making of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and much more. (available since 4/15)
File size: 87 MB (1080)
Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers (free)

Pineapple Express
Next summer, the guys who brought you Superbad reunite for the action-comedy Pineapple Express.
File size: 29.5 MB (SD) 110 MB (HD), 138 MB (1080)
PS3 Themes (free)

Warhawk Theme (x2)
Customize your PS3 system with a cool Warhawk theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 7.37 - 7.56 MB

Lair Mokai Theme
Customize your PS3 system with a cool Lair Mokai theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 3.52 MB

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.
Game Videos (free)

* GT5 Prologue Friendly Fires Video
* GT5 Prologue Beyond the Apex Trailer

Yeah, that's strange. I noticed the Rock Band store says I've purchased the Boston pack, which I haven't since I've bought nothing since the Metallica pack near launch.

Tekken 5: DR Online received an update as well:

NAMCO BANDAI GAMES RELEASES UPDATE FOR TEKKEN® 5: DARK RESURRECTON™ ONLINE

Leading video games developer and publisher NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. announced today that they have released a free update for TEKKEN 5: Dark Resurrection Online. Available at the PLAYSTATION Store, exclusively for the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, the new downloadable update brings a host of new features that will further enhance the gameplay experience:

· Pickup Match Mode - For those who want to skip the waiting room, players can now continuously face off in one-on-one matches

· DUALSHOCK 3 rumble support – Feel the impact of each blow and attack

· Room name display – Allows users to input and display names for online rooms

· “Flag” search - A network filter that enables users to better select opponents with optimal connection speeds

· New notifications – Let’s waiting players know when it’s their turn to fight or inform them when others have entered or left the room

· More casual matches – When Rank Match is set to Off, match results no longer affect Win/Loss record.

· Multiple bug issues have also been resolved

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Weak...

Is there an online site with a list of all the PSN games currently available?[/quote]
I hear that...

I think this lists all the PSN and downloadable PS1 games.

[quote name='dallow']fuck that broken Beta code I have from Konami.

psstoreapril.jpg
[/quote]

I haven't downloaded the HK Lair Demo yet. For anyone who has downloaded it, does it in fact have analog controls? I rented the game a few months back, and thought the game was garbage for the very same reason everyone who's ever played it did (the controls suck). I'm thinking it may not be half bad with analog controls. I'll wait for a response before downloading it to try it myself.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I haven't downloaded the HK Lair Demo yet. For anyone who has downloaded it, does it in fact have analog controls? I rented the game a few months back, and thought the game was garbage for the very same reason everyone who's ever played it did (the controls suck). I'm thinking it may not be half bad with analog controls. I'll wait for a response before downloading it to try it myself.[/quote]

Yes, pretty sure I saw an option to set it to Analog controls.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']is the HK store totally different from the Japanese store? info on setting up a HK accnt?[/quote]

Yes. It's totally unique. In fact, HK is part of China now, though mainland China does not allow PS3 to be sold there (I recently read an article detailing this). Basically, it's a democracy, but a part of Chinese territory.

You can search around on the internet to see how to go about creating a HK account. I just winged it myself, and had no issue creating it, a UK account, and a Japanese account as well.

I love the HK store.
Almost always in English.

I also have the Austrailian store as they got a few exclusive things (non game) as well.

[quote name='dallow']I love the HK store.
Almost always in English.

I also have the Austrailian store as they got a few exclusive things (non game) as well.[/QUOTE]

like what? if it's worth it I'll make another account.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How do you make non-US accts?[/quote]
www.japanesepsn.com

For the HK one, make a new account and select HK as region, but keep text as English.

I'm having problems even with the US PS Store. Anyone able to connect and download since the update? I get the same error message once I am in the store.

No but I can't for the goddamn life of me get MGO to patch.

Oh well, I wasn't planning on playing it very much anyhow, got GRAW2 at BB last week and I'd really like to get through it before GTA4 arrives.

[quote name='Halo05']No but I can't for the goddamn life of me get MGO to patch.
[/quote]

Me either. Obtaining a Konami ID is even worse. Right now I have version 1.0 sitting on my HD collecting dust.

[quote name='mykevermin']No Motley Crue song for Rock Band? What's up with that?[/quote]
Hey myke, I found the issue with that not being up in the PS Store on the RB forums:

On April 15th for Xbox 360 and April 24th for Playstation 3 (since their submission office has been closed for two weeks and we couldn't send them the files) , we will be releasing Mötley Crüe's new single “Saints of Los Angeles".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back