Whats in the PS Store Thread: Sega Superstars Tennis and Condemned 2 demos up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCF3860.jpg

:drool:

labelled as a screenshot from the demo in that evil avatar thread.

[quote name='imascrub']wow i totally suck at this game lol. After just recently coming off of God of War I'm pretty bad at using the NG way to dodge I keep wanting to use the right stick lol and in the middle of a combo to boot[/quote]

I kept doing the same thing haha. But I got used to it after a while.

BTW, the US store isn't usually updated until after 12PM PST.

Happy Thur(Sony)Day!.

[quote name='Apossum']
DSCF3860.jpg

:drool:

labelled as a screenshot from the demo in that evil avatar thread.[/QUOTE]

I dunno... it just seems like actually playing a game that looks that good is an impossibility. Reminds me of the PS1 days when the cinematics looked amazing and the actual game was... well, nowhere near it.

better believe it I played it earlier and it looks very nice. That shot is from the opening cutscene when Ryu jumps out of the trees and takes that guy down. Also seen many times before from demos, trailers, and previews and such.

One guy from that forum mentioned "hmm how come the trees don't cast shadows?"
lol..if he wants shadows...when I get back home or if somebody else screenshots before me, we'll give him his freakin shadows.

[quote name='imascrub']better believe it I played it earlier and it looks very nice. That shot is from the opening cutscene when Ryu jumps out of the trees and takes that guy down. Also seen many times before from demos, trailers, and previews and such.

One guy from that forum mentioned "hmm how come the trees don't cast shadows?"
lol..if he wants shadows...when I get back home or if somebody else screenshots before me, we'll give him his freakin shadows.[/QUOTE]

oh shit, there's no shadows from the trees? Haha! Looks like the xbox version is better after all!
It's over. Sony is finished.

[quote name='Apossum']oh shit, there's no shadows from the trees? Haha! Looks like the xbox version is better after all!
It's over. Sony is finished.[/QUOTE]
You know, I bet there is someone out there saying that and being serious.

Apparently, when you beat the demo, it unlocks harder difficulties and mission modes with Rachel :hot: Just read this on gamefaqs.

Didn't finish it yet, but if you go into options you can change the weapons. There are.. I think 5 sets you can play with right off the bat.

yup, if you beat the demo stage you get hard difficulty and you can play a mission mode with Rachel which is just a big room and you just keep killing enemies it seems. I didn't get very far so I dunno. The demo's just the same stage you've seen at convention previews and stuff. It's basically a tutorial stage and is of decent length. There's a boss battle at the end, and some shots of Ayane's curvaceous butt. I don't know how long the mission mode goes on for.

and yup the five weapons you can flip through off the bat are the single katana, nunchakus, a great sword, a spear, and the double katana for those who are curious

The HK store doesn't have the demo so I'm going to wait until it's up in the US store later.

BTW, Gaunlet II is today's PSN game.

Edit: I misread the IGN story, there's only a Gauntlet II video.

Looks like Gauntlet II is coming.

Link
Calling All Cars isn't the only downloadable game scheduled for release on May 3; Sony Online Entertainment has announced that its port of the classic arcade hit Gauntlet II will be available this Thursday as well.

Ported from the original coin-op by the guys at Backbone Entertainment, Gauntlet II brings Thyra the Valkyrie, Questor the Elf, Thor the Warrior, and Merlin the Wizard back to action for 100-plus levels of retro goblin bashing. Though similar to the first game (which was re-released for Xbox Live Arcade in 2005), Gauntlet II adds a number of tweaks to the existing formula. All four players can choose the same character type, for example, while stages have been improved with invisible walls and the option to become "it" (being "it" draws enemy characters towards your position).

The future is yesterday!
Unique to the PlayStation 3 version of Gauntlet II is four-person online multiplayer support, leaderboard rankings, and resolutions up to 1080p.

Expect to see it for $4.99 in a couple of days.

It wouldn't surprise me since there was a video last week. Hopefully that comes along with Super Rub A Dub and Calling All Cars (which are also rumored). That would definitely be one awesome update draining my wallet.

Sony Computer Entertainment America has announced updates to its PlayStation Store, including the debut of PS3 playable downloadable PS1 titles like Tekken 2 and WipeOut, and the original downloadable game Super Rub a Dub.

The update marks the first time downloadable PlayStation titles will be fully playable on both the PS3 and PSP, with game-save sharing options to continue the same game both at home and on the go.

The first titles available, at $5.99 a piece, will be 2Xtreme, Crash Bandicoot, Destruction Derby, Jet Moto, Jumping Flash, MediEvil, Rally Cross, Syphon Filter, Tekken 2 and WipeOut. Players who originally bought any of the titles for their PSP can re-downloaded the updated versions at no extra charge.

The PlayStation Store update also brings the North American debut of the original puzzle game Super Rub a Dub for $6.99, where players tilt the Sixaxis controller to lead a rubber duck through a shark-filled tub to rescue a chain of bubble-encased ducklings.

The arcade classic Gauntlet II is also being made available on the store for $4.99, as well as videos of upcoming Amiga shooter remake Super Stardust HD, classic arcade release Rampart, and a trailer for Midway's forthcoming shooter BlackSite Area 51.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=13787

Nice little update.

Cleaned up info:

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2007/5/3-10
Classic Gaming for PS3 Hits PLAYSTATION Store This Weekhttp://www.gaming-age.com/news/2007/5/3-10

The vintage days of gaming return Thursday as Sony Computer Entertainment America will offer ten classic PlayStation titles on the PLAYSTATION Store for download and play on PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) system. Other new additions to the PLAYSTATION Store this week includes Super Rub a Dub and Gauntlet II, which are downloadable in their entirety.

Below are the details of these exciting new offerings:

PlayStation titles for PS3 ($5.99): PlayStation favorites are reborn on the PS3! Download PlayStation format software from the PLAYSTATION Store and play at home on your PS3 and on the go with the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system. Experience classic gameplay all over again with the following titles: 2Xtreme, Crash Bandicoot, Destruction Derby, Jet Moto, Jumping Flash, MediEvil, Rally Cross, Syphon Filter, Tekken 2 and WipeOut. Consumers who have already purchased these titles for their PSP system may download it to their PS3 at no additional charge.

Super Rub a Dub Starter Pack & Full Game (free/$6.99): Amusing and vibrant, Super Rub a Dub brings rubber ducklings to life. Utilizing the SIXAXIS wireless controller motion sensors, guide your ducklings in colorful water-filled tubs to clear each stage safely away from sharks.

Gauntlet II Full Game ($4.99): Play as the Warrior, Valkyrie, Elf, or Wizard and enter a dungeon with over one hundred levels, as you defeat wave after wave of enemies. Destroy them to clear the level and find your way to the exit!

Super Stardust HD Trailer (free): With five highly detailed 3D planets to save, hordes of enemies and asteroids to destroy, and various game play modes, Super Stardust HD presents super intense action.

Rampart Trailer (free): Get a sneak peak at this arcade classic in advance of its re-release on the PLAYSTATION Store.

BlackSite Area 51 Trailer (free): BlackSite: Area 51 is a next-generation game that will redefine the first person shooter (FPS) genre using its integrated cutting-edge technology, game design, and unique story-writing.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Movie Trailer (free): Catch the trailer for the next chapter in the popular franchise, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

[quote name='dallow']It said Tekken 2 and Wipeout were debuting.[/QUOTE]

nah, those were there before.

Glad to see the Stardust trailer up there-- hopefully that means it'll be out in a few weeks.

No voice chat kills any potential fun the game could provide...

Finally

Play cops ‘n’ robbers on your PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) system this Thursday as Sony Computer Entertainment America will offer the much-anticipated PS3 exclusive, Calling All Cars™, on the PLAYSTATION®Store. Developed by Incognito Entertainment and overseen by the Spike TV Video Game Awards – 2005 Designer of the Year, David Jaffe, Calling All Cars was built specifically to take advantage of PS3 hardware, running at 1080p High Definition* at 60 frames per second for both offline and online gameplay, in either single-player or four-player split-screen.

Other new additions to the PLAYSTATION Store this week include the arcade classic, Rampart™, which is downloadable in its entirety, a video for the PS3-exclusive Warhawk™, and a trailer for Burnout™ Paradise.

Below are the details of these exciting new offerings:

Calling All Cars Full Game ($9.99): Calling All Cars is a high-octane, fast-action game of cops ‘n' robbers from the creative director of the Twisted Metal® franchise and the original God of War®, David Jaffe. Take on the role of a bounty hunter careening around a stylish cartoon world on the hunt for criminals on the loose. With more than 10 vehicles and four different levels to choose from, Calling All Cars combines demolition derby style action, crazy weapon pickups, humor, and a throwback to classic arcade games.

Rampart Full Game ($4.99): Defeat enemy ships while preventing your opponent from damaging castle walls! In this classic arcade title, strategy is the key to victory as you prepare for battle, build and repair your territories, and fire away at enemies.

Warhawk Video (free): Learn about air combat and preview your arsenal of weapons in the latest video from Warhawk, the first multiplayer, fully immersive online-only game available this summer exclusively for the PS3 system.

Burnout Paradise Trailer (free): Get a sneak peak at EA’s gorgeous racing title with this new trailer.

Rampage™ Video (free): Prepare to re-live all of the incredible monster mashing mayhem in this Rampage World Tour video!

I want to get Rampart cause I love Rampartin'

But I want to get Calling All Cars because of the hype, and because people will kick my ass online if I wait.

Glad they dropped prices....I just wish they would offer DEMOS of FLOW and Calling All Cars (Is there a demo for CaC?)

That is the main thing that annoys me....XBOX offers demos for all of their Arcade games. Give me a 5 minute demo, anything....

I'm hoping for good stuff today, but mostly in the realm of new game trailers.

Worst case scenario, I'll fuck around with Home when I get a chance to later tonight.

WTF happened to Rampage? I just noticed it's not in the store. I mistakenly purchased Rampart because I thought it was Rampage . I could have sworn I saw it yesterday night

From Sony Ps3 boards:

"I just got off the phone with the tech guy from the psn network help line. he told me that they had some major server problems last nite and this morning and they had to reset their servers and it goes by sections of the country so you should see it by the end of the day"

My brother is in different region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back