Whats in the PS Store Thread: Sega Superstars Tennis and Condemned 2 demos up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='NamPaehc']Anyone seen a guide on how to set up an account as a user in Japan? I think I can figure it out but it'll take a little bit.

"Minna no Golf 5" AKA Hotshots Golf 5 hits over there on the 16th (they moved the date up from the 23rd) so I want to grab that if it is still possible.[/quote]

If you find out..please let us know. I want an account there too.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Anyone seen a guide on how to set up an account as a user in Japan? I think I can figure it out but it'll take a little bit.

"Minna no Golf 5" AKA Hotshots Golf 5 hits over there on the 16th (they moved the date up from the 23rd) so I want to grab that if it is still possible.[/QUOTE]
I set up an account through trial and error. I'm pretty sure you can't buy anything off of the Japan/Hong Kong store with an american credit card. It sucks.

All you have to do is create a new user profile on the PS3

My normal PSN id is 'dallow'. And my Hong Kong id is "dallow-hk"

Then just sign up for PSN.
Enter fake info, fake HK address. I think I live at 123 Shanghai Blvd.
Etc etc.

You just can't buy their stuff, but you can download all the freebies.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Arg, they pushed MK2 back again?[/QUOTE]

I hope not... I'm so damn ready for MK II I don't know what to do.

Yeh I did trial and error too... Should have written down some notes to help others because it was a bit confusing. Might do so later.

[quote name='dallow']All you have to do is create a new user profile on the PS3

My normal PSN id is 'dallow'. And my Hong Kong id is "dallow-hk"

Then just sign up for PSN.
Enter fake info, fake HK address. I think I live at 123 Shanghai Blvd.
Etc etc.

You just can't buy their stuff, but you can download all the freebies.[/QUOTE]

besides ridge racer what freebies do they have in the HK psn

[quote name='Thomas96750269']besides ridge racer what freebies do they have in the HK psn[/quote]
Well, they're getting that golf game demo later this week. I also got GTHD first via the Asian store.
There's also all sorts of trailers for games and movies that we don't have.
They removed the cool Afrika game trailer though.

There's a really weird Sonic video that features some weird CG with Sonic and a girl holding hands, and... well, try to see it.
It looks really strange since it has that realistic art style.

From what I see, Hong Kong and Japan stores are not the same. Japan has an ad about Hot Shots Golf coming tomorrow while Hong Kong doesn't. I'd make a Hong Kong account if you're interested because it is in english.

Def Jam: Icon demo
R:FoM voices trailer
Premonition Trailer
Shooter Trailer & Behind the Scenes
Disturbia Trailer

Up as of 3:30 PM, PST no update.

Has anyone got that hot shots gold demo from the HK store? I download it, it's the same basic gameplay as all the other hot shot golfs, but I really like the graphics for the golfers, they look like they claymation (to me anyway). There's not really much to download in the HK store unless you really want this demo or different PS1 game for the PSP.

Yeh I got it and it is cool. If you've played any other HSG games then you'll be able to play this one easily. I don't think it is ready though. The shadows and edges (along the characters and trees) are still really jagged. The players look really amazing though when you turn the camera to look up at them. You can see the textures in their clothes and such.

just tried the genji demo...wow, what an abortion. Is the camera focused in that close the whole game?

The following are now up on the US store for download:

Sonic the Hedgehog - 3 new difficulty modes

Trailers:

Transformers
Bee Movie
Shrek the Third

hey, much like the hong kong store will there be a totally different store for the euro territories that will have different downloads?

[quote name='MrBrando']hey, much like the hong kong store will there be a totally different store for the euro territories that will have different downloads?[/quote]

Yeh, most likely.

I don't know if I'll make accounts for all those little Euro counties but I did make one for the UK.

The F1 racing demo is newer, and they have different videos to download.

[quote name='dallow']I don't know if I'll make accounts for all those little Euro counties but I did make one for the UK.

The F1 racing demo is newer, and they have different videos to download.[/quote]

what is changed?

[quote name='dallow']I don't know if I'll make accounts for all those little Euro counties but I did make one for the UK.

The F1 racing demo is newer, and they have different videos to download.[/quote]

I made a UK account as well. It's cool that they put up the ads they are running. It really shows the difference in marketing compared to the US. They're interesting in that they left me confused. It doesn't show games/the system/anything sony related. Mainly just some seemingly random "interesting" people that they try to tie into each other.

"This is living". I knew that was the slogan from forum posts but I didn't realize it was whispered. Also I remember thinking what a stupid catchphrase but now I can't get it out of my head.

FYI in one of the videos, it has that infamous girl on the toilet, flushing if that's your thing lol.

Look at what came out in Japan:

"March 29, 2007 - Sony Computer Entertainment has updated the overseas version of its Game Archives service with five more PlayStation titles. As of 3/29, PSP owners who have a PS3 handy can download the following:

Gunners Heaven (SCEJ)
Galaxy Fight (Sun Denshi)
Hard Edge (Sun Denshi)
Arcade Hits Raiden (Hamster)
Tall Unlimited (Hamster)

This shooter-heavy fifth Game Archives update brings the total number of games in the serivce up to 36."

PSP games, but I really wish I could play some of those too!

It is Thursday, so expect some kind of updating to the store. I haven't seen any announcement so either we won't get one (boo!) or we'll just see more trailers again (arg!).

Super Rub a Dub looks boring. 160mb ish download
Warhawk, wow. Now I'm sold on it. The first trailer is a piece of shit compared to this one. I haven't seen any new footage of this game. Small download, like 41mb.

Still downloading the Home trailer, 360mb download.
Next in line is MLB demo (860mb ish download)

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Had the next trailer been there before? Don't remember seeing it before.[/quote]

Nope came out Thursday which is the day Sony usually adds content.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Nope came out Thursday which is the day Sony usually adds content.[/quote]

What I thought, just hand't seen it posted as a new trailer.

[quote name='NamPaehc']MLB is tough, but it actually uses the SIXAXIS to swing the bat so check it out.[/quote]
Didn't care for the game, and swinging by twisting the control is HARD!

I kept striking out until I thought, "well maybe I should swing the control like an idiot". and it actually worked.

I sold my PSP to tie me over until the summer when I was hoping a new version would be released. With the new price, however, those PS titles are looking very tasty. Still, I should be able to resist due to my "bursting at the seams" DS backlog.

Happy (early) Thur(Sony)day!

New items should be up on the US store later today. There is a new outfit pack for Genji on the store for Japan already.

Found this on Neo-Gaf

Want to see how you rank against the world’s best drivers? A new version of Gran Turismo™ HD Concept will be available on the PLAYSTATION®Store Thursday, adding worldwide rankings via the PLAYSTATION®Network. This update also adds force feedback support for compatible steering wheels for an even more realistic racing experience. In addition to the updated Gran Turismo HD Concept, Sony Computer Entertainment America today is adding a teaser video for Grand Theft Auto IV: Things Will Be Different, the next installment of the blockbuster franchise, and a demo of the hotly anticipated Armored Core® 4.

Below are the details of the exciting new offerings from the PLAYSTATION Store:

Gran Turismo HD Concept v. 1.2 (free update): Developed by Polyphony Digital, Gran Turismo HD Concept delivers an unparalleled racing experience in full HD 1080p* resolution with next-generation graphics and physics. Race ten cars from worldwide manufacturers, including the Gran Turismo debut of Ferrari. This updated version enables you to view the Top 10 worldwide rankings for each car and mode. Also, Gran Turismo HD Concept now is fully compatible with force feedback via Logitech®'s Driving Force™, Driving Force™ Pro, and Driving Force™ EX steering wheels.

GTA IV: Things Will Be Different Teaser (free): The hugely anticipated, new installment in the ground-breaking Grand Theft Auto series is set to arrive for the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) system in October 2007, but you can catch a glimpse of what’s in store now in this HD teaser video.

Armored Core 4 Demo (free): The most enthralling mech action series is back with Armored Core 4. Now you can check out a playable demo featuring three exciting single-player missions from the full version of the game in addition to a sneak-peek of the game’s deep customization mode.

Brand-spankin’ New Movie Trailers: Download movie trailers of Are We Done Yet?, Perfect Stranger and Stardust.

Interesting.

They call it GTHD 2.0 in the UK, and it's 1.2 here (which makes more sense).

Armored Core should be interesting.
And HD GTAIV will be nice.

Rub a Dub is available for purchase in the UK store. I tried putting in my CC info to add money in my wallet it but it wouldn't accept it.

Is there any way around this?

[quote name='Sarrasis']Rub a Dub is available for purchase in the UK store. I tried putting in my CC info to add money in my wallet it but it wouldn't accept it.

Is there any way around this?[/QUOTE]
According to the IGN UK review the game sucks.

I don't think I would bother.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']According to the IGN UK review the game sucks.

I don't think I would bother.[/QUOTE]
I want it...I can't resist...any game with rubber ducky's must be at least somewhat entertaining :)

I'm loving Gran Turismo HD, and the Armored Core demo was kinda fun...
here's hoping the store updates by the time i get off work so I can hit up MKII...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back