Whats in the PS Store Thread: Sega Superstars Tennis and Condemned 2 demos up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
can I finally queue files lol? Cell processor ftw............ Apparently it's some kind of strange union contract where when downloads happen, only one worker can be working on the scene while the rest of the cores go play cards :D

[quote name='Zoglog']can I finally queue files lol? Cell processor ftw............ Apparently it's some kind of strange union contract where when downloads happen, only one worker can be working on the scene while the rest of the cores go play cards :D[/QUOTE]
According to rumors that update is coming in March

[quote name='rodeojones903']The new TMNT trailer is awesome.[/quote]

Did you get the lisence plate on the thing that hit us last night? It looked like your MOM! haha...

QFT

Meh - I want my Flow & Tekken. It would also be nice if we saw some of the demos to multi-platform games that the 360 has gotten demos of, like NBA Homecourt & Def Jam Icon.

Looks like the store was finally updated, downloading Full Auto 2. Destruction Derby is up as well along with some new movie trailers.

Ummm, the price is basically the same as XBLA. All classic games on XBLA are $5 also (or less since you can buy points in-store)

Glad some new demos are out.

What is DEstruction Derby? Old PS1 game or something new?

Man, seeing these first generation PSX games is bringing back memories.
Other than Jumping Flash though, they probably didn't age very well at all.

I still have my purple demo disc. Anyone remember that?
I believe it did have a 2Xtreme demo on it.

I also remember salivating at the Kiliak (sp?) The DNA Imperitive CG.
Oh how far we've come.

[quote name='Zoglog']full auto 2 is actually quite ok, as a demo at least.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, makes me want to get it....when its $30 or less.

Saw this about Q*Bert:

"Sony Online Entertainment will release a PS3 online game Q*bert on PlayStation Store on February 22, 2007, for US$4.99 (600 yen). The game will have worldwide online rankings."

Cool to see more online rankings coming.

The PSN must be a mess. I've been trying to download the FUll Auto demo and it's ben 7+ hours and I'm at 82%. What a mess....I know XBOX Live was bad at first, but NEVER this bad. I'm directly connected also as wireless used to be SLOWER (if that is possible)

shouldn't there be demos of most all the games that are available and will be upcoming on the store?

I really want to check out Virtua Fighter but am not too sure if I want to buy it since I'm not really good at 3d fighters, but still I've heard that VF is pretty easy to get into.

and plus it looks amazing

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, makes me want to get it....when its $30 or less.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Im actually really enjoying the multiplayer demo.

So, has Sony said if they will throw up demos (ala XBLA) for QBert or Flow? That would just make sense. I'm not spending $8 on something I cannot try. It just feels like they are trying so hard to catch MS, but keep doing everything wrong.

Anything is possible. But... QBert is old school, I'm sure if you looked you could find it somewhere. And Flow is downloadable free (at least the older version). Know those two aren't what the PSN is offering but could give you enough taste?

Anyone else ready for MARCH. Sony has promised big stuff related to the PS3 this month and it is almost here...

[quote name='NamPaehc']Anything is possible. But... QBert is old school, I'm sure if you looked you could find it somewhere. And Flow is downloadable free (at least the older version). Know those two aren't what the PSN is offering but could give you enough taste?

Anyone else ready for MARCH. Sony has promised big stuff related to the PS3 this month and it is almost here...[/QUOTE]
Background downloading and what else is coming?

I haven't kept up with it but this is the list I made a while back of what I saw had been said by Sony:

March -
Upcoming PS3 Content
- Calling All Cars (think this was stated somewhere...)
- New, BIG system update including:

Multi-tasking (included will be audio/video conferencing while browsing the XMB and its features/gameplay)
New XMB display options
New animations for audio playback
New photo album options
PlayStation Store auto [download] resume
PSP remote play advanced access option (so that you can have access to your PS3's content anywhere that has a internet connection)

[quote name='NamPaehc']Anything is possible. But... QBert is old school, I'm sure if you looked you could find it somewhere. And Flow is downloadable free (at least the older version). Know those two aren't what the PSN is offering but could give you enough taste?

Anyone else ready for MARCH. Sony has promised big stuff related to the PS3 this month and it is almost here...[/QUOTE]

It's all about convience though. I don't want to go to my PC to download a demo. I guess I'm just critical since I own both PS3 and 360, and I can see everything the 360 does right. At least I only used credit on the PS3 to buy it ;)

just a small addition the Letters from Iwo Jima movie trailer is also up. Dunno when it was put up since it's not listed in the new releases list

[quote name='imascrub']just a small addition the Letters from Iwo Jima movie trailer is also up. Dunno when it was put up since it's not listed in the new releases list[/quote]
Maybe today. They sprinkle content throughout the day, I've noticed some items showing up before like this.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I haven't kept up with it but this is the list I made a while back of what I saw had been said by Sony:

March -
Upcoming PS3 Content
- Calling All Cars (think this was stated somewhere...)
- New, BIG system update including:

Multi-tasking (included will be audio/video conferencing while browsing the XMB and its features/gameplay)
New XMB display options
New animations for audio playback
New photo album options
PlayStation Store auto [download] resume
PSP remote play advanced access option (so that you can have access to your PS3's content anywhere that has a internet connection)[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping they include a customized background image. I can't stand the random colors.

[quote name='gizmogc']I'm hoping they include a customized background image. I can't stand the random colors.[/quote]

actually the colors are there depending on what time of day you're on the ps3 :cool:

but yea i'd rather have some nice wallpapers instead...dunno why they didn't implement it earlier since it's a feature on the PSP

[quote name='imascrub']actually the colors are there depending on what time of day you're on the ps3 :cool:[/QUOTE]
The colors are relative to the month. The transition from light to dark is relative to the time of day.

[quote name='imascrub']actually the colors are there depending on what time of day you're on the ps3 :cool:[/quote]
Yeh I know the first stage, it is gray at night. Then a little bit of green (right now) starts to creep up from the bottom of the screein the morning until it fills it completely.

That's kind of cool. I had no idea it did that. I've enjoyed the PSP's cycling colors that go by month :)

In the late afternoon/early evening, I think. I seem to recall people clamoring to download Tekken 5 last week around 4PM EST.

EDIT: C'mon Lair demo! You weren't mentioned at the GDC keynote, but I haven't lost *all* hope yet. Just most of it.

Anyone seen a guide on how to set up an account as a user in Japan? I think I can figure it out but it'll take a little bit.

"Minna no Golf 5" AKA Hotshots Golf 5 hits over there on the 16th (they moved the date up from the 23rd) so I want to grab that if it is still possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back