whats your fav. game soundtrack

sublime90

CAGiversary!
i was looking through my cd's and realized i actually have quite a few game soundtracks. was wondering what you have and what your fav's are. the cool thing with soundtracks now is there usually included with the games or some are free.

a few of mine are
FF7 (i mean come on its a classic)
FF9 (my fav FF game)
World of Goo (available for free and its amazing)
Freedom Fighters (jesper kyd enough said)
Alan wake
Mirrors Edge

i also have a few i got for free that i dont really care for. God of War 1, Gears of War1 and bioshock. so what are some others.

Madden 2003
50 Cent Blood On The Sand

For real though, Outrun 2006 has a sweet soundtrack. I crank it in my car while driving. Nothing like Magical Sound Shower blasting as I drive to the post office and back on a gloomy day. Brightens it right up.

Ar Tonelico, NFS:HP2, HM&M2, Fantasy General, Mass Effect, Atelier Isis 1+2, Ys 6, Dark Cloud 2, Xenosaga 3, BG&E

Best VG songs for me are
- the ending of Shadow Hearts 2, icaro or something.
- the ending of R&C:ToD
- MGS3 theme

various Final Fantasy remixes (piano and orchestral versions mostly)
Katamari Damacy for sure
DQ8

I also enjoy listening to the Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (for PS2) soundtrack and the Bully soundtrack while I'm working.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']For real though, Outrun 2006 has a sweet soundtrack. I crank it in my car while driving. Nothing like Magical Sound Shower blasting as I drive to the post office and back on a gloomy day. Brightens it right up.[/QUOTE]
Agreed :D Love OutRun's music to begin with (it's my personal favorite game OST of all time), and the new versions of "Splash Wave", "Passing Breeze", "Magical Sound Shower", and "Last Wave" for OutRun 2/2006 are fantastic.

So, anyway, OutRun and OutRun 2 for me.

I am a big fan of video game music. I have to say that Martin O'Donnell's work on the Halo series is probably my favorite in terms of overall soundtracks. Some of my other favorites include:

Assassin's Creed 2
Bioshock
Civilization 4
Mass Effect
Shadow of the Colossus
Shenmue
Uncharted 1 & 2

Probably Chrono Trigger. Most games have maybe 1 or 2 songs I like but in CT every single track is amazing and memorable.

Honorable mentions are FF6 & Symphony of the Night

[quote name='Backlash']I also enjoy listening to the Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (for PS2)[/QUOTE]

I forgot about this soundtrack. The game was alright but I the music kicks ass. Same with Lament of Innocence. Think I'll go out and try to find both soundtracks now.

Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
WipEout
WipEout 2097 (Both PlayStation and PC versions)
WipEout Pure
WipEout HD + Fury
God of War II
Flower
Mirrors Edge

Metal Gear Solid also had good songs throughout the entire series.

I like Planescape: Torment's musical score, I think it fits well. I love that game. It's thought provoking, emotional, and full of wonderful characters all wrapped in a great story. Definitely one of the best games ever made.

Too many to list. Off the top of my head:

Mothafuckin' Final Fantasy Tactics
We Heart Katamari
Noby Noby Boy
Faxanadu
Dragon Quest III
Dragon Quest VIII
Donkey Kong Country II
Mother I, II, III

Two of my most listened to:

1) A best-of mix for the Silent Hill 1 through 4 soundtracks.
2) Digital Devil Saga

Symphony of the Night
Chrono Trigger and Cross
Donkey Kong Country Trilogy
Skies of Arcadia
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Katamari series
Shadow of the Colossus
Legend of Zelda series
Mirror's Edge
WipEout series
SF2
Bionic Commando (Rearmed)
Mega Man 2

As much as I love Chrono Trigger's OST, Cross's OST is so fucking good.

-Chrono Cross and Trigger
-Mass Effect 2
-Lost Odyssey
-Final Fantasy X (I love Otherworld and I love Suteki De Na)
-Any Pokemon (Yeah, whats up?)

I like orchestrated stuff so alot of the soundtracks I like are from recent games:

-Elder Scrolls III Morrwind
-Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
^^^ for both of these games I don't really care for their battle or cave pieces(although I suppose they are suitable for their respective parts), but the exploration music on both of them are really great
-The Halo series
-Alan Wake
-MGS4
-The soundtrack is pretty lame (if you can even call it a soundtrack), but the end song for Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops titled "Calling to the Night" is pretty awesome, it's another one of those bond-esque ballads but it's not as silly as the ones in MGS3.
-The intro song for Kingdom Hearts 2 (plus it's variations) is pretty damn good.

As far as older soundtracks go, I enjoy Chrono Trigger, Sonic CD, Final Fantasy VII

[quote name='GhostShark']As much as I love Chrono Trigger's OST, Cross's OST is so fucking good.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah the CC soundtrack is the only aspect of the game that's superior to CT IMO.

Lost Odyssey
Ico
MGS3
Professor Layton
Tales of Symphonia
Braid
Heavy Rain
Bioshock
Dreamfall

I'm probably forgetting a few more but those are some of my favorites.

Mega Man 2 is probably my favorite all-time soundtrack. Coming in at a close second is the Pokemon Red/Green Game Boy soundtrack, I listen to it almost every day.

Final Fantasy XIII's soundtrack blew my mind. Too bad the game didn't have an option to adjust the audio levels.

Anyways, I'd put that above, but very close to:

SOTC
FFX
FFT

And I also really like some Blazblue tracks =p

Chrono Cross - The Girl Who Stole the Stars ranking as my favorite track. Any of the Phoenix Wright soundtracks. And, for whatever reason, the soundtrack for Final Fantasy X-2 is my favorite of all FF OSTs.

[quote name='thirdrose'] And, for whatever reason, the soundtrack for Final Fantasy X-2 is my favorite of all FF OSTs.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU :bouncy: X-2 gets ragged on a bit. I love the game and the OST is pretty nice.

[quote name='GhostShark']THANK YOU :bouncy: X-2 gets ragged on a bit. I love the game and the OST is pretty nice.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha thanks for agreeing. I really enjoyed the game because I think it never really took itself too seriously, unlike most of the 3D FFs.

And to be on-topic, I'm going to add Persona 3 to my previous list.

Chrono Trigger has the best soundtrack ever, no question. Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Cross are probably 2nd and 3rd best.

Xenogears, Uncharted 2, Metroid Prime, MGS, and pretty much all of the NES/SNES Mario games are awesome too.

If it didn't cost so frickin' much when the box set was released, I'd say the Vice City boxset. But that's the one I've enjoyed the most out of all of the games I've had.

Although recently the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack is pushing the VC one outta the top spot. Mind ya, the tracks w/ vocals on the RDR soundtrack are mostly crap imo.

[quote name='kanerobot']
as far as games with non-original soundtrack content - brutal legend.[/quote]
Deadly sinnahhhs!

Xenogears's soundtrack is the most emotional of all I've played; very much like one of Mitsuda's other masterpieces, Chrono Trigger. Sadly, I've played through Xenogears so many times that while I appreciate the songs, they're played out for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obHR0ed_7uo&feature=related

This next track gets good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JBn6-ID7-E

Well, beyond Xenogears, Xenosaga 1 (again, Mitsuda ...) & 3 (not Mitsuda) had truly epic songs to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcGBJNAb-0Q

This next one is done really well in-game. It not be as good to you guys without the gameplay memory with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezxYXD7uhfA

/Xeno fanboy.

Probably the most sentimental soundtrack to hear for me is Lagoon, for the SNES. It's got something to it that just does it for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E66Kzy6G58&feature=related

Final Fantasy IV, VII, VIII
Me and My Katamari
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana

...are the only ones I can listen to the soundtracks for without playing the game. Not counting stuff like Saints Row 2, which had a lot of real songs, of course.

No love for the GTAs (post and pre-III)? Granted they have lots of licensed music, but there had good original stuff and some awesome radio stations.

GTA Franchise
Madden 2003
Alan Wake
RDR
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Castlevania Sotn (and most NES tunes)
Wipeout XL
Wing Commander Prophecy (some crazy late 90s industrial rock)
more I can't recall

bread's done
Back