Whats Your Favorite Football Team?

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']With the additions of Marcus Spears and Demarcus Ware, I think Dallas has the chance to be the meanest front seven in all of football. With the switch to a 3-4 defense, I also think we have tremendous depth.

Also, I really like the signings of Aaron Glenn and Anthony Henry. They are going to solidify that other cornerback slot opposite of Terence Newman. The only real question mark on defense is going to be strong safety, but I'm confident someone will step up.

On the offensive side of the ball, I'm really excited about its potential. Mark my words, if Julius Jones stays healthy, he's going to be a Pro Bowler this year. He'll rush for at least 1,800 yards. This guy is something special. We also have awesome depth at running back, too, with Anthony Thomas and Marion Barber III.

Also, Jason Witten will make the Pro Bowl, too. He's going to bring honor back to Dallas' tight end position that has been there since the might Jay Novacek left.

The offense's success will hinge on the O-line's ability to keep Bledsoe safe. He's been known to hold onto the ball for too long, but last year, the O-line did a pretty nice job of protecting Vinny. I think, with the signing of Marco Rivera and with Pettiti, Jacob Rogers and Peterman all ready to go, this O-line can be dominating. We just need to find someone to solidify that right guard spot.

Looking through the entire roster, the only real question marks are at safety and guard. Other than that, I think we're pretty strong in every other area. If we can patch up those positions and get this group gelling early, Dallas could be a 10-win team and get into the playoffs.

I think with a healthy Julius Jones keeping opposing defenses honest, Bledsoe will be able to throw for tons of yards to Keyshawn, Terry Glenn and Quincy Morgan. Also, don't forget about Terrence Copper and Patrick Crayton, you may hear their names several times before the season is over.

Also, I predict we'll crush Washington in both games this season and continue our beautiful dominance over them.

Watch out NFC East, the Boys are ready to go!
bow_1.gif
[/QUOTE]

LAWL

[quote name='JSK414']Agreed.

Agreed.

Agreed. But 2 of those loses are to the Philly Birds. WOAH!

I agreed with everything else you said... And by you making this statement you just threw everythnig else out you said and no you look silly. The only competitor of the NFC East is the Eagles... The Giants, Cowboys, and Redskins are what we call sub .500 teams.[/QUOTE]

So you agree Dallas can win 10 games, but then you say they're a sub .500 team? That math doesn't add up. :lol:

I'm not saying they're going to dethrone the Eagles this year, but I can guarantee you the Eagles will not be able to beat them easy. I'm predicting the two teams will split their two-game series this year.

Remember we beat you guys last with with an elderly Vinny and Eddie George. We got really younger and more talented at both positions and at pretty much every other position on the team.

I can promise you this will not be the same team as last year. We have veteran leaders on all sides of the ball, and this is going to be one nasty and mean team that will fight with anyone.

God, I can't wait until the season starts.

[quote name='Rich']LAWL[/QUOTE]

What are you lauging about? I certainly hope you don't think the Giants are actually going to do anything this season. Not with stone-hands Shockey and a green-as-hell Manning out there.

I hope ya didn't forget this hit. I'm sure you'll see a lot of them this year just like it.

091204-mcdougle.jpg

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']What are you lauging about? I certainly hope you don't think the Giants are actually going to do anything this season. Not with stone-hands Shockey and a green-as-hell Manning out there.

I hope ya didn't forget this hit. I'm sure you'll see a lot of them this year just like it.

091204-mcdougle.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Have you read any of my posts?

I'm a Colts fan. A team with a chance this year.

[quote name='Rich']Have you read any of my posts?

I'm a Colts fan. A team with a chance this year.[/QUOTE]

My bad. Well, I hope you don't feel too bad when Peyton chokes again in the playoffs when he's not playing in a dome.

I'm telling you, as long as the Patriots are on top of their game, the Colts will never win a Super Bowl.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']My bad. Well, I hope you don't feel too bad when Peyton chokes again in the playoffs when he's not playing in a dome.

I'm telling you, as long as the Patriots are on top of their game, the Colts will never win a Super Bowl.[/QUOTE]

LOL if you think the Pats will have homefield advantage at ANY time during the Playoffs this year.

[quote name='Rich']LOL if you think the Pats will have homefield advantage at ANY time during the Playoffs this year.[/QUOTE]

The won't... New coordinaters... Seymore is holding out... Ty Law is gone... Teddy Bruschi is out this season. That other good lineback retired. One of their primary receivers gone to free agency. This team won't make it to the AFC playoffs. It will be Colts and Steelers :p . Hell in the CAG bookie forum I picked the raiders over the Patriots for all of my $2800 vbookie bucks.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']So you agree Dallas can win 10 games, but then you say they're a sub .500 team? That math doesn't add up. :lol:
QUOTE]

But they were a sub .500 team.

Was hoping you didn't catch that. I didn't feel like going back and editing it :)

I think they will go 9-7 or 8-8 this year.

[quote name='JSK414']The won't... New coordinaters... Seymore is holding out... Ty Law is gone... Teddy Bruschi is out this season. That other good lineback retired. One of their primary receivers gone to free agency. This team won't make it to the AFC playoffs. It will be Colts and Steelers :p . Hell in the CAG bookie forum I picked the raiders over the Patriots for all of my $2800 vbookie bucks.[/QUOTE]

The Patriots are known to play extremely well with backups, castoffs and drunks off the street. Trust me, they will find someone capable of coming in and filling those roles.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']The Patriots are known to play extremely well with backups, castoffs and drunks off the street. Trust me, they will find someone capable of coming in and filling those roles.[/QUOTE]

They won't win more than 11 or 12 games, which isn't enough for homefield advantage and not enough to beat the Colts in the Playoffs.

It may finally be Indy's year if they can get homefield advantage throughout.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']What are you lauging about? I certainly hope you don't think the Giants are actually going to do anything this season. Not with stone-hands Shockey and a green-as-hell Manning out there.

091204-mcdougle.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked the Gmen were second in the division last year so if you think the Cowboys are going to be any good this year your out of your mind. Hope Bledsoe works out for you guys cause he's going to get the shit sacked out of him.

[quote name='Rich']You're a Cowboys fan...I can't take what you say seriously.

I did have the greatest non-sexual dream of my life last night, though. I made myself into a horror movie.[/QUOTE]

Your a Indy fan and your not excited on the D presence Sanders brings to the team??? I'm not sure what you don't get but Sander's will be on the best SS out there in a couple of years. Also Erie, PA here bro, look at where sanders and his mom are from.

Last time I checked the Gmen were second in the division last year so if you think the Cowboys are going to be any good this year your out of your mind. Hope Bledsoe works out for you guys cause he's going to get the shit sacked out of him.

Yes, poor Cowboy fans.

You guys may not realize how horrible Bledsoe is now, but you will cry and cry when the regular season comes. Especially because stubborn Bill isn't going to bench him.

[quote name='kill3r7']Last time I checked the Gmen were second in the division last year so if you think the Cowboys are going to be any good this year your out of your mind. Hope Bledsoe works out for you guys cause he's going to get the shit sacked out of him.[/QUOTE]

Only person that ever worried me in the division was LaVar Arrington. Now that dude is a beast.

[quote name='kittie']Yes, poor Cowboy fans.

You guys may not realize how horrible Bledsoe is now, but you will cry and cry when the regular season comes. Especially because stubborn Bill isn't going to bench him.[/QUOTE]

Ha probably a Buf fan here. All bills fans hated him because they had no O line to stop him from getting sacked. Dallas is different though, they can protect him all day long and therfore he willl pick apart the opposing teams DB's.

[quote name='kill3r7']Last time I checked the Gmen were second in the division last year so if you think the Cowboys are going to be any good this year your out of your mind. Hope Bledsoe works out for you guys cause he's going to get the shit sacked out of him.[/QUOTE]

You do realize we were starting both Vinny Testaverde and Eddie George and Julius Jones and Terry Glenn were out for most of the year, don't you?

Had Quincy Carter not screwed up and Julius and Glenn stayed healthy, I think Dallas could have possibly snuck into the playoffs.

Also, I'm not really concerned about Bledsoe getting sacked that much. He's more mobile than the 63-year-old Testaverde and or O-line really didn't have a problem protecting him most of the year.

With a much-improved offensive line, I think Bledsoe will be fine.

[quote name='kittie']Yes, poor Cowboy fans.

You guys may not realize how horrible Bledsoe is now, but you will cry and cry when the regular season comes. Especially because stubborn Bill isn't going to bench him.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I've been seeing the likes of Vinny Testaverde, Quincy Carter, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson and Ryan Leaf, and Bledsoe is miles past all of them talent wise.

The guy has a cannon and can stretch the field. I'm confident he can lead this team until it's time for our golden boy Drew Henson to step in and play next season or the year after.

If, for God knows why, Dallas should not be in playoff-contention this year, I will cry if Bill keeps jogging Bledsoe out there and not playing Henson. Henson needs some playing time, and I think he'll see some this season.

But I'll stick with my previous post that Dallas will be a 10-6 team this year and will make the playoffs.

Bledsoe doesn't have the cannon he used to have. Hopefully for the Cowboys, Drew's horrible decision making last year was only due to his concussions. Plus, you'd better hope your offensive line is amazing, because Drew doesn't react well to pressure at all, anymore.

[quote name='kittie']Bledsoe doesn't have the cannon he used to have. Hopefully for the Cowboys, Drew's horrible decision making last year was only due to his concussions. Plus, you'd better hope your offensive line is amazing, because Drew doesn't react well to pressure at all, anymore.[/QUOTE]

So, is there a team out there that isn't have a quarterback issue?

[quote name='JSweeney']So, is there a team out there that isn't have a quarterback issue?[/QUOTE]

The Patriots, Colts, Eagles, Panthers, Falcons, Vikings, Chargers, Jets, Steelers and Jacksonville.

[quote name='JSweeney']So, is there a team out there that isn't have a quarterback issue?[/QUOTE]

Colts, Packers, Falcons, Eagles, Steelers, KC, Minnesota, Saints, St. Louis, Chargers, Patriots, Jets, Houston, Tennesse, Jacksonville, Detroit, Seattle. There we go. All have a solid QB.

Here's a few: Colt, Vikings, Philly, Pats

[quote name='pimpinc333']Colts, Packers, Falcons, Eagles, Steelers, KC, Minnesota, Saints, St. Louis, Chargers, Patriots, Jets, Houston, Tennesse, Jacksonville, Detroit, Seattle. There we go. All have a solid QB.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't exactly say Harrington has been very solid. The dude had so many weapons last season and he didn't do a thing with them.

If Detroit loses two of its first four games, Garcia will be the new Lions' QB.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I wouldn't exactly say Harrington has been very solid. The dude had so many weapons last season and he didn't do a thing with them.

If Detroit loses two of its first four games, Garcia will be the new Lions' QB.[/QUOTE]

NAh he actually didn't Charlie Rodgers was injured again. The main WR weapon he had was Roy Williams and he did awesome.

[quote name='supadupacheap']
bills_logo.gif
[/QUOTE]

+1 Buffalo.

I've contemplated having family/friends send me Bocce's or Santora's wings freezed dried on dry ice and sent overnight here to Austin during the season... It works out to be like $1.75-$2.00 a wing for a 30-pack. What do you guys think? :drool:

[quote name='supadupacheap']
bills_logo.gif
[/QUOTE]

+1 Buffalo.

I've contemplated having family/friends send me Bocce's or Santora's wings freezed dried on dry ice and sent overnight here to Austin during the season... It works out to be like $1.75-$2.00 a wing for a 30-pack. What do you guys think? :drool:

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']

I'm not saying they're going to dethrone the Eagles this year, but I can guarantee you the Eagles will not be able to beat them easy. I'm predicting the two teams will split their two-game series this year.

Remember we beat you guys last with with an elderly Vinny and Eddie George. We got really younger and more talented at both positions and at pretty much every other position on the team.
[/QUOTE]

Not saying the Cowboys won't be improved this year, but they certainly did not beat the Eagles with Vinnie and Eddie playing. They didn't beat the Eagles last year, and Vinnie and Eddie weren't even on the Cowboys the last time that they beat the Eagles (their first matchup of 03-04 when the Eagles had their awful start). I dunno, I don't see the Cowboys as real contenders this year, I would guess 8-8. I really don't like their secondary, I think Roy Williams is a good player, but a bit over-rated. I do think Julius Jones will be a star in the NFL, but I think he's going to need a better quarterback so that teams don't just stack the box against the run. I do think they might split their games with the Eagles, but division matchups always seem to work out that way.

As a Niners fan, I feel they won't do better than a 4-12 record. Reason? No receivers, besides Johnson, who can do some damage catching the ball.
I got to go with Notre Dame and USC for college ball. I can smell another championship this year.

[quote name='zzl365']Not saying the Cowboys won't be improved this year, but they certainly did not beat the Eagles with Vinnie and Eddie playing. They didn't beat the Eagles last year, and Vinnie and Eddie weren't even on the Cowboys the last time that they beat the Eagles (their first matchup of 03-04 when the Eagles had their awful start). I dunno, I don't see the Cowboys as real contenders this year, I would guess 8-8. I really don't like their secondary, I think Roy Williams is a good player, but a bit over-rated. I do think Julius Jones will be a star in the NFL, but I think he's going to need a better quarterback so that teams don't just stack the box against the run. I do think they might split their games with the Eagles, but division matchups always seem to work out that way.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, I stand corrected. I was remembering back to that awesome day when Randall Williams ran the onside kick back for a touchdown. Man, that was a nice play.

Roy Williams is not good in coverage. That's why we need a good cover guy opposite him. That way we can let him roam free and around the line. That's where he's most effective and covering the middle. Receivers are scared to run over the middle when Roy is playing.

If our receivers can stay healthy, our passing game is going to be pretty damn good. If you remember, it was lights out until Jones went down with an injury and before teams realized Eddie George couldn't run. Then they just played the pass and didn't worry about us hurting them with the run, because we couldn't.

Our entire team is more well-rounded from top to bottom this year.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I wouldn't exactly say Harrington has been very solid. The dude had so many weapons last season and he didn't do a thing with them.

If Detroit loses two of its first four games, Garcia will be the new Lions' QB.[/QUOTE]

Detroit OBVIOUSLY has a quarterback conflict. You can't turn on sports radio and not hear people arguing endlessly about how should be started, and when Harrington should be pulled.

The scary thing about the Redskins defense is that Lavar Arrington was out for most of the year and they stil were the 2nd ranked D.

Brunell simply took NO risks at all when running the offense. That is the primary reason it was so anemic. They should have never paid him all that money to start with.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The scary thing about the Redskins defense is that Lavar Arrington was out for most of the year and they stil were the 2nd ranked D.
[/QUOTE]

And they still sucked.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The scary thing about the Redskins defense is that Lavar Arrington was out for most of the year and they stil were the 2nd ranked D.

Brunell simply took NO risks at all when running the offense. That is the primary reason it was so anemic. They should have never paid him all that money to start with.[/QUOTE]

Pierce was a best for you guys last year. Hope he plays the same way for the Giants.

[quote name='JSK414']And they still sucked.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was what was so sad. With a defense like that they should have at least been in the playoffs.

[quote name='cag1000']All of you can give up again
dont even watch this season
My EAGLES will run it again[/QUOTE]

Run what? Get all the way to the Super Bowl, and your franchise QB chokes and your team gets the shit kicked outta them?

You guys may make it back to the Super Bowl, but there is no NFC team that is as good as New England or the Steelers right now.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Run what? Get all the way to the Super Bowl, and your franchise QB chokes and your team gets the shit kicked outta them?

You guys may make it back to the Super Bowl, but there is no NFC team that is as good as New England or the Steelers right now.[/QUOTE]

It's sad but true. I'm an NFC fan. The AFC is stacked!

The New York Football Giants are the greatest sports team on the planet. I can't wait for them to go 16-0 and cruise to a Super Bowl win of 55-0 against some crappy AFC team like the Patriots or Colts.

bread's done
Back