Whats Your Favorite Football Team?

[quote name='the3rdkey']One of the worst teams in the NFL...

the Detroit Lions.[/QUOTE]

The Lions are going to be good this year IMO. The have all the tools on offense to succeed. Joey Harrington should step up. Look at that receiving corps. Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams? Kevin Jones at RB?

I wouldn't be surprised if they contended for a wild card spot at all.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The Lions are going to be good this year IMO. The have all the tools on offense to succeed. Joey Harrington should step up. Look at that receiving corps. Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams? Kevin Jones at RB?

I wouldn't be surprised if they contended for a wild card spot at all.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing. I don't think Harrington will step up. I think he'll be benched within the fourth week of the season, and if I were a Lions' fan, I wouldn't be comfortable with an old Jeff Garcia.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The Lions are going to be good this year IMO. The have all the tools on offense to succeed. Joey Harrington should step up. Look at that receiving corps. Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams? Kevin Jones at RB?

I wouldn't be surprised if they contended for a wild card spot at all.[/QUOTE]

With all the talent at wide receiver, Joey Harrington has exactly ZERO excuse for not stepping up. Kevin Jones is a quality RB who gives them a legitimate running option so opposing D's can't play only the pass. This offense should be blowing people off the field, but it all depends on Joey.

The Colts.

They're fun to watch and they've assembled a good deal of talent over the last couple of years, but it all means nothing if they still can't get past New England this year.

Titans. 2nd runner up, Bills.

I lived in upstate NY for 19 years so obviously I was a Bills fan. Moved to Nashville and became a Titans fan. Have since moved to Virginia, but I am not becoming a Skins fan.

i have been a fan of the saints ever since they got DEUCE
I have been a Bengals fan for 3 years
Lions fan for 2 years( i liked barry but was never a fan of the team)
I was also a BIG Homer for the steelers but then Kordell Sucked and i also hated o donell

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Run what? Get all the way to the Super Bowl, and your franchise QB chokes and your team gets the shit kicked outta them?

You guys may make it back to the Super Bowl, but there is no NFC team that is as good as New England or the Steelers right now.[/QUOTE]

Atleast the eagles that have a Franchise QB... Not bringing in a new one every year like Dallas... Atleast the Eagles have a QB that can throw... atleast the eagles made it to the playoffs... atleast teh eagles made it in the superbowl... atleast the eagles don't suck like dallas... Dallas is in the eagles division and we rock them every time.

The eagles lost by 3 points... Thats not getting the shit kicked out of them... getting the shit kicked out of you is if you lost by liek 2 touch downs or more... OR SUCK AND ARE SUB .500 LIKE DALLAS... And there is an NFC team that is as good as the Steelers and NE right now... and its Philly

[quote name='JSK414']Atleast the eagles that have a Franchise QB... Not bringing in a new one every year like Dallas... Atleast the Eagles have a QB that can throw... atleast the eagles made it to the playoffs... atleast teh eagles made it in the superbowl... atleast the eagles don't suck like dallas... Dallas is in the eagles division and we rock them every time.

The eagles lost by 3 points... Thats not getting the shit kicked out of them... getting the shit kicked out of you is if you lost by liek 2 touch downs or more... OR SUCK AND ARE SUB .500 LIKE DALLAS... And there is an NFC team that is as good as the Steelers and NE right now... and its Philly[/QUOTE]

trophy_iggles.gif

Need I say more?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']glad to finally see another Ravens fan on this site...i thought i was alone :cry:[/QUOTE]

Nope, you are not alone :)

For college football I will have to tell you to watch out for those Nebraska Cornhuskers. It seeems like they're putting together something special....we'll just have to wait and see though

[quote name='zzl365']Not saying the Cowboys won't be improved this year, but they certainly did not beat the Eagles with Vinnie and Eddie playing. They didn't beat the Eagles last year, and Vinnie and Eddie weren't even on the Cowboys the last time that they beat the Eagles (their first matchup of 03-04 when the Eagles had their awful start). I dunno, I don't see the Cowboys as real contenders this year, I would guess 8-8. I really don't like their secondary, I think Roy Williams is a good player, but a bit over-rated. I do think Julius Jones will be a star in the NFL, but I think he's going to need a better quarterback so that teams don't just stack the box against the run. I do think they might split their games with the Eagles, but division matchups always seem to work out that way.[/QUOTE]

I've been a Cowboys fan since Staubach played. I do think the Cowboys will be better this year, and I would love to see Julius Jones stay healthy for the whole year.
I also agree that the Cowboys will probably finish 8-8

[quote name='ZarathosNY']I've been a Cowboys fan since Staubach played. I do think the Cowboys will be better this year, and I would love to see Julius Jones stay healthy for the whole year.
I also agree that the Cowboys will probably finish 8-8[/QUOTE]

No way will the Cowboys only finish at 8-8.

1: @ San Diego - This is definitely going to be a tough game. If San Diego is legit, they will be very tough to beat, so I'll go ahead and call this one a loss. Loss

2: Washington - Just like death and taxes, you know Dallas will always beat Washington. It's just how life is. Win

3: @ San Francisco - Terrible team that's rebuilding. No way will Dallas lose. Win

4: @ Oakland - With the addition of Randy Moss, they will have a tough receiving tandem along Joey Porter. This one could go either way, but I think Oakland snags this win. Lose

5: Philadelphia - This is the game the Cowboys have been waiting for. They have something to prove to the league, and they do it here. Win

6: Giants - The Giants are going to still go through a lot of growing pains with young Eli, and I don't think they'll be able to stop the Cowboys' relentless blitz. Win

7: @ Seattle - They aren't a great team, and we beat them last year. We got better while they regressed a bit. Win

8: Arizona - They could surprise a lot of teams this year, but this should be an easy win. Win

9: Bye

10: @ Philadelphia - No matter how much I want this win in Philly, I gotta be a realist. We won't win this game in Philly. Loss

11: Detroit - Joey is a chump. I doubt he'll even be starting by this time and Garcia will be leading the team. Last year, Garcia had a 0 QB rating against us, and it won't be much better in this game. Win

12: Denver - This is a game Dallas prides itself in playing every year. We won't lose this game. Win

13: @ New York - I think Eli will start to grasp running an NFL offense, and they might eek out a win here. Lose

14: Kansas City - If they are healthy on offense, they will be hard to beat, and I think they will overpower us. Lose

15: @ Washington - Again, we own them. We make it 16 wins in 17 tries and 6 in a row overall. Win

16: @ Carolina - They have a really strong defense, and I think they get the win this game. Loss

17: St. Louis - I just don't think Bulger will stay consistent enough to beat Dallas' defense. Win

10-6 with a wild card berth, with Philly winning the division.

If Dallas goes into the playoffs healthy, they will be a very scary team. This team has the talent to win the Super Bowl.

Eagles will probably got 13-3... I think they may loss to Atlanta on the opener. But then again its on Monday and we all know Reid is unstoppable under the spotlight. Look at the eagles schedule tho. If you add up the opponents win/loss records from 2004-05 they have to be sub .400... LOL... The only teams they stand a chance are... Atlanta, Kansas City, and Chargers... I think they will maybe hit the 13-1 mark again and rest the startersonce they clinch homefield... I don't know bout you other guys but I can't wait until kansas city in week 4. I think they are one of the few that stand a chance... But also freddie mitchell is now a starter over there, and I wanna see if he can produce, because he certainly never did here............besides 4th and 26.

The Cowboys have a decent schedule this year. I don't look for them to go any worse than 9-6. That said, if they cannot go 2-2 against SD, PHI (2x), and SEA then they'll have one hell of a time in the playoffs. They'll get knocked out in the wild card or the first round.

[quote name='Dante Devil']Since I live in Washington State and this is the only football team in the Pacific Northwest, got to go with the Seahawks.

[/QUOTE]

Dittos. Gotta love the hawks.

On another note, favorite roundball team: Columbus Crew.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, even though the last couple of seasons they really underachieved, I can always pop in my Super Bowl Champs DVD and remember the good times :cool:

[quote name='Ledhed']Pfft, you guys don't even like feetball; I'm the #1 Super-Fan...[/QUOTE]

You went to a fuckin' farm you fuckin' imbecile! I got diabetes and cancer because of you!

(In case anyone is wondering I am not insulting Ledhed, just playing along with his ATHF comment!)

Cowboys are my favorite with the Panthers coming in a close second.

If they can stay healthy, the Panthers are going to be the Super Bowl champions. Too many weapons on both sides of the ball.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Cowboys are my favorite with the Panthers coming in a close second.

If they can stay healthy, the Panthers are going to be the Super Bowl champions. Too many weapons on both sides of the ball.[/QUOTE]

I am a diehard Skins fan (so you know how I feel about the Cowboys :booty: ) but I will root for the Panthers because they have former Skin Stephen Davis. He's still one of my favorite players.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I am a diehard Skins fan (so you know how I feel about the Cowboys :booty: ) but I will root for the Panthers because they have former Skin Stephen Davis. He's still one of my favorite players.[/QUOTE]

the old ball coaches biggest mistake in Washington was letting him go

Are you people serious? No... that would make all of you morons and that can't be true - can it? The NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS are taking it all this year - quite easily. Look at this easy schedule:
  1. Arizona - Give me a break. The Cardinals suck. (WIN)
  2. at New Orleans - You've got to be kidding. (WIN)
  3. at San Diego - yeah sure Drew Brees is good. Then so is my grandma (WIN)
  4. St. Louis - Mark Buldger is a woman. (WIN)
  5. at Dallas - Parcells couldn't coach himself to a win in a pee wee league these days (WIN)
  6. Denver - Mile high? More like the Broncos are high if they think they have a chance (WIN)
  7. Washington - Old man Gibbs. Hahahahahahaha, etc. (WIN)
  8. at San Francisco - oh how the mighty have fallen. I'm surprised they didn't go after Jerry Rice - he'd still be their best player. (WIN)
  9. Minnesota - No Moss. Culpepper will be exposeed for the fraud he is. Plus, they play on turf and this game is in NY (WIN)
  10. Philadelphia - Simon and Westbrook are out. TO will probably be crying by this point in the season. McNabb isn't running with the ball anymore. (WIN)
  11. at Seattle - No Shaun Alexander and Holmgren is the most overrated coach EVER. I could have won it with that Packer team and he should be embarassed they didn't beat the Broncos the next year. (WIN)
  12. Dallas - See #5. (WIN)
  13. at Philadelphia - See #10 (WIN)
  14. Kansas City - There's no crying in football. (WIN)
  15. at Washington - See #7. (WIN)
  16. at Oakland - Kerry Collins to Randy Moss? I don't think so. Have another drink traitor. (WIN)
That's 16-0 biatch. I swear - some of you claim to be football fans and you can't even see this coming?

[quote name='javeryh']Are you people serious? No... that would make all of you morons and that can't be true - can it? The NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS are taking it all this year - quite easily. Look at this easy schedule:
  1. Arizona - Give me a break. The Cardinals suck. (WIN)
  2. at New Orleans - You've got to be kidding. (WIN)
  3. at San Diego - yeah sure Drew Brees is good. Then so is my grandma (WIN)
  4. St. Louis - Mark Buldger is a woman. (WIN)
  5. at Dallas - Parcells couldn't coach himself to a win in a pee wee league these days (WIN)
  6. Denver - Mile high? More like the Broncos are high if they think they have a chance (WIN)
  7. Washington - Old man Gibbs. Hahahahahahaha, etc. (WIN)
  8. at San Francisco - oh how the mighty have fallen. I'm surprised they didn't go after Jerry Rice - he'd still be their best player. (WIN)
  9. Minnesota - No Moss. Culpepper will be exposeed for the fraud he is. Plus, they play on turf and this game is in NY (WIN)
  10. Philadelphia - Simon and Westbrook are out. TO will probably be crying by this point in the season. McNabb isn't running with the ball anymore. (WIN)
  11. at Seattle - No Shaun Alexander and Holmgren is the most overrated coach EVER. I could have won it with that Packer team and he should be embarassed they didn't beat the Broncos the next year. (WIN)
  12. Dallas - See #5. (WIN)
  13. at Philadelphia - See #10 (WIN)
  14. Kansas City - There's no crying in football. (WIN)
  15. at Washington - See #7. (WIN)
  16. at Oakland - Kerry Collins to Randy Moss? I don't think so. Have another drink traitor. (WIN)
That's 16-0 biatch. I swear - some of you claim to be football fans and you can't even see this coming?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, you make a very un-persuasive argument. :lol:

Here's how I see the Pack's year going.

1. at Detroit - Detroit always plays tough at home, it'll be close (WIN)
2. Cleveland - I don't see Dilfer doing that much damage (WIN)
3. Tampa Bay - This is a great rivalry, not that much talent this year (WIN)
4. at Carolina - Carolina also plays tough at home (LOSS)
5. New Orleans - Offensive shoot-out (WIN)
6. at Minnesota - Culpepper will shine without Randy and a healthy running game (LOSS)
7. at Cincinnati - Young team, experience pays off (WIN)
8. Pittsburgh - Great opportunity to win against a great team (LOSS)
9. at Atlanta - Mobile QB's give Green Bay trouble (LOSS)
10. Minnesota - Even the series at home (WIN)
11. at Philadelphia - McNabb's dominance over Green Bay continues (LOSS)
12. at Chicago - Much needed break from a rough stretch (WIN)
13. Detroit - Detroit struggles at Lambeau (WIN)
14. at Baltimore - This young QB succeeds behind a good defense (LOSS)
15. Chicago - This young QB does not (WIN)
16. Seattle - "We want the ball, we're gonna win!". How does that pie taste? (WIN)

Let's see...carry the 3...10-6. That should be good enough for a playoff spot. That's all I can hope for. I think 10-6 would be a really good year for the Packers.

[quote name='Derwood43']Hmm, you make a very un-persuasive argument. :lol:

Here's how I see the Pack's year going.

1. at Detroit - Detroit always plays tough at home, it'll be close (WIN)
2. Cleveland - I don't see Dilfer doing that much damage (WIN)
3. Tampa Bay - This is a great rivalry, not that much talent this year (WIN)
4. at Carolina - Carolina also plays tough at home (LOSS)
5. New Orleans - Offensive shoot-out (WIN)
6. at Minnesota - Culpepper will shine without Randy and a healthy running game (LOSS)
7. at Cincinnati - Young team, experience pays off (WIN)
8. Pittsburgh - Great opportunity to win against a great team (LOSS)
9. at Atlanta - Mobile QB's give Green Bay trouble (LOSS)
10. Minnesota - Even the series at home (WIN)
11. at Philadelphia - McNabb's dominance over Green Bay continues (LOSS)
12. at Chicago - Much needed break from a rough stretch (WIN)
13. Detroit - Detroit struggles at Lambeau (WIN)
14. at Baltimore - This young QB succeeds behind a good defense (LOSS)
15. Chicago - This young QB does not (WIN)
16. Seattle - "We want the ball, we're gonna win!". How does that pie taste? (WIN)

Let's see...carry the 3...10-6. That should be good enough for a playoff spot. That's all I can hope for. I think 10-6 would be a really good year for the Packers.[/QUOTE]

I think that's a pretty fair assessment. Could definitely happen. I would really like to see Favre go out with a good playoff run. It would be fitting for one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time and the last great '90s era quarterback.

Hehe, I had to post this...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-gibbsapology&prov=ap&type=lgns

Gibbs apologizes for calling Dallas fans ugly

August 6, 2005
BALTIMORE (AP) -- Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs apologized Saturday for calling Dallas Cowboys fans ``the ugliest people in the world.''

While answering questions from the crowd at the team's Fan Appreciation Day at training camp on Friday, Gibbs said: ``I know we don't have any Dallas people here -- they are the ugliest people in the world.''

Gibbs later stressed that he was joking, but he felt the need to address the matter again after Saturday's scrimmage against the Baltimore Ravens.

``I tried to make a joke,'' Gibbs said. ``I was joking. It didn't come out probably like a joke or like it should've. I hope all my buddies in Dallas -- because I've got a lot of buddies down there -- took it the right way. I hope they thought it was a joke.

``But if they didn't think it was a joke, or if anybody took it the wrong way other than a joke, when you make a mistake like that, you've got to apologize. So I apologize to anybody that might have taken it the other way.''

Good 'ol crazy Joe! :lol:

[quote name='the_deej']Chargers, or broncos[/QUOTE]

How can you not make up your mind? And how the fuck can you like two teams(rivals) in the same division? What do you when they play each other? I'm sorry to sound mean but I don't understand the logic behind that.

I still belive that the SB champ , will come from the afc again. There are to many good teams from the afc, NOT to win the super bowl.

bread's done
Back