What's your favorite game of 2012. Giving away a 400 MSP Code end of January

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorite game of 2012, damn that's a tough question. My first thought was to give it to borderlands 2 because of the fun I had and am still having with my friends on it but the more I think about it I'll have to give it to Batman Arkam City. The gameplay was amazing and never a dull moment. The story was epic and left me wanting more. So yes my favorite game for 2012 will have to be Batman Arkam City.

Congrats to canvasch for his post about Forza Horizon! He originally picked a different game, but made a valid edit and explained as to why he chose it.

I'll pick another winner end of the month! Feel free to edit if you like as well, but be sure to explain your choice!

I'm going with X-COM: Enemy Unknow
Yes Turn Based Strategy games are still playable on the console
TONS of replay ability
TONS of content and modes
Challenging yet with a sense of accomplishment
Addicting and surprising how much I ended up liking this game
This is a must have for any collection.

AWESOME!!! thanks alot for the great contest!
I'm hoping you try Forza Horizon, you'll be playing it all the time!!!
I'm going to use the 400 msp I won towards purchasing the Rally Pack expansion DLC for Forza Horizon...
Thanks again!

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Congrats to canvasch for his post about Forza Horizon! He originally picked a different game, but made a valid edit and explained as to why he chose it.

I'll pick another winner end of the month! Feel free to edit if you like as well, but be sure to explain your choice![/QUOTE]
Does it mean you have to make an new entry?

Dishonored:

Dishonored is a game that I find so rare in this age of gaming. So much has been done that it seems very difficult to do something that feels totally fresh. While nothing in Dishonored alone is fresh (it borrows heavily from the likes of Bioshock, Half-Life, and Thief), it all mixes together to form something completely new and distinct. Not only with its excellent stealth gameplay mixed with the option to indulge in the lavish and fluid combat, but also the environment itself. Never before has such a world been fathomed. It has elements of the Combine tyranical rule of Half-Life with the bleakness of Rapture with the totally new Victorian, steam punk fueled theme.

Not only is the gameplay amazing but it's also packed with little details and neat things. For example, at one part of the game if you take paint from a room, later in the game the painter will comment on how he cannot finish his work because he cannot find the paint. It's a layered game with so much going for it.

Because of these reasons it is my favorite game of 2012.

The best game of 2012 was The Walking Dead. I have simply never been as deeply engaged in a video game's story or its characters in the way that I was with TWD. I wish I could wax more poetic about it, but I fear that would include far too many spoilers. I am jonesing for a sequel...

I really loved Borderlands 2. The humor in that series is the best thing about the game, and it was nice to see they gave us a story which made sense this time... and even made the story from the first game make sense.

Then there's also the fact that it's amazingly fun to play. It seems to have a "special something" that was left out of Diablo 2.

I'd have to say Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. I was very much looking forward to playing it after trying the demo, and while not perfect, was a fun, engrossing game. The world was vibrant and mystical, and I loved the freedom in making the character withe the abilities and weapons I wanted instead of being bound by a single class. It also highlights the sadness surrounding the studios involved in making such a wonderful game that may never get a true sequel.

[quote name='gam3rfan09']Does it mean you have to make an new entry?[/QUOTE]

Nope, if you changed your mind, simply edit your post and explain why.

Earthbound. I never got a chance to play it when I was younger so I thought I'd give it a try. They just don't make games like it anymore. Maybe its the quirkiness/charm of it or how it doesn't take itself seriously...Whatever it is, it made me feel like I was reliving my childhood for a bit, when great writing, graphics, etc. didn't really matter in a game so long as you had fun playing it...Ecstatic to hear that they're reviving the series! Can't wait to see what they'll do with it :D

The Amazing Spider-Man. Did not get to buy new releases of 2012. I rented The Amazing Spider-man. I thought it was a great great and it tied to the movie very well. :)

Little Racers: Street. It brought me back the memories of RC Pro Am goodness, plus with online racing, and tons of cars and upgrades. Best dollar i spent this year.

Favorite Game has to be Borderlands 2. They took all the best parts from the first and made them 10 times better. Dishonored is probably my runner-up, although I did enjoy Halo 4.

I changed my mind, I did say Mortal Kombat, but I like Borderlands 2 so much more! That game was super funny! And Now my new favorite character in a video game is ClapTrap. I only play as Zero though.

So many... my favorite game of 2012 has to be Skyrim. But Trials Evolution is probably my favorite multiplayer. And Saints Row 3 ate a lot of my gaming hours in 2012.

I've only rented Dishonored and Far Cry 3 but I know I'll end up getting both of those and considering them candidates for my favorite game of 2013. And after reading some comments in this thread I will definitely be getting Forza Horizon.

The Walking Dead because I'm a big fan of the series and it was the most memorable game with how story driven it was.

Halo 4. Always a day one purchase for me. I felt the new developers really did well on the graphics, engine, and multiplayer, all the while staying with the classic formula. The story was much better and better presented.

Xenoblade Chronicles was my favorite game of 2012. I picked this game up at launch because of the hype I had read about it and wasn't sure if I'd enjoy the combat system or not. What really engaged me was how the story was full of twists that I didn't see coming and the simple yet complex combat. I also enjoyed the beautiful graphics and the size of the world. The game took me 70 hours just to finish the main story.

The Walking Dead. Best ending I've ever seen in a game, brilliantly paced and I genuinely enjoyed every second of it. I've been a fan of Telltale for a long time, since Sam & Max Season 2, but The Walking Dead went way above and beyond my expectations. It wasn't just the best game I've played in ages, but the best story I've been told in a very long time from any media. If I could, I'd seriously camp out for Season 2.

embarrassingly my favorite was black ops 2.
being a real cheapassgamer; it's the only game i bought brand new (knowing you gotta get on these quick and have a bit of enjoyment before the masses exploit/ruin em ;) )
didn't like the last one, and enjoy this.

looking forward to trying far cry3, dishonored, and even hitman soon though. i buy most games i just play single player after a price drop/few months off ebay. (thus most of my 2012 games, were 2011 titles ;) )

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back