Which energy drinks actually help you stay awake?

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!
Halp.

Need to pull off an all nighter for a few days. Of course I waited until the last minute to finish all of my finals assignments. :booty:

And I dont want to take caffeine pills. I ended up with a very erratic sleeping schedule for 3 weeks last year when I only took one pill. I dont have any problems with caffeinated drinks though.

Most energy drinks/coffee should do the trick if you don't have a huge caffeine tolerance. Just go with whatever tastes good.

Or take some meth adderrall.

If you smoke or drink caffeine regularly, the effects are lessened. I found those five hour energies (or some similar brand) to work well when I was on a road trip last year... better than energy drinks.

Here's a tip: drink Coke or whatever caffeinated drink. Take a 15 minute or so quick nap and you'll get the full effects of caffeine. That's usually what I do and when I wake up I feel alot better.

[quote name='bardockkun']Here's a tip: drink Coke or whatever caffeinated drink. Take a 15 minute or so quick nap and you'll get the full effects of caffeine. That's usually what I do and when I wake up I feel alot better.[/QUOTE]

This would be an extremely dangerous tactic for an all-nighter...

I like to drink a combination of energy drinks and water. If I drink a lot of water then I have to pee and therefore am less likely to feel like I need to fall asleep.

You can only fool your body for so long though

I'd stay away from energy drinks, because the sugar crash won't help and really isn't good for you anyway. Too bad Gloria Jeans isn't around anymore because they had some really potent coffee. Strong coffee is your best bet honestly.

The amp drinks are decent, but best one I've had was by Rockstar. A critis flavor in an orange can. If it being an energy drink doesn't keep you up, the taste will.

Also, I find that five hour energy doesn't really work.

Just because you're awake because of the caffeine doesn't mean you'll be functioning in tiptop shape. If you haven't slept your 8ish hours, a nap should be fine.

I'm actually pretty hooked on Kickstarts. They are good as intended for the morning, and are enough to just wake me up enough to get to work. Monsters make me feel slow and bloated if anything.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I'd hate to condone drugs but adderall trumps all here as some have posted already. Be smart about it though.[/QUOTE]

I agree if used responsibly, it works wonders to energy, alertness, and production of a person.

If that's not an option and live outside the United States, Their is an over the counter pill called Ephedrine which is extremely similar to Adderall but of course not as powerful but similar chemical makeup. Ephedrine can also be purchased in the States such as CVS, Walgreens , but you are by law limited on how much you can buy monthly , and must show ID/Driver License , the item is called BRONK!, it's very popular in the body builder community, it's a huge burst of energy .

bread's done
Back