Which game packaging do you prefer XBOX 360 or PS3?

PS3, it's something different

In regards to what Metaly said, I think the bright green color is why I currently have so many Xbox 1 games

I like the smaller size of the PS3 cases, but the clear part at the top is ugly and totally unnecessary. Because of that, I'd say the 360 cases are better. I prefer non-unique cases so they are cheap and easy to replace, neither of them fit this description but I can at least fit the 360 cover art into a standard DVD case if necessary.

[quote name='metaly']PS3, mainly because the case isn't bright green.[/QUOTE]

That and because it's partially see through, so you can check contents of the case when buying (to make sure there's no missing disc or manual that some people have run into). Plus, it's marginally shorter (and thinner, I think?) so it takes up less space.

I prefer the standard DVD case the 360 uses, fits better in standard DVD storage items. I use to hate the bright green, but I don't mind it any more.

The PS3 cases are alright, just don't like 'em as much for whatever reason.

PS3 because it's different, you can look inside, and looks cool. The only gripe I have with the 360 case is that it seems pretty fragile for a case.

360, as I for one like the green. Must be because I love flamboyant cover art (like Smash bros) and the green adds to the craziness.

Also, the PS3's top clear part is a waste.

I've always been partial to smaller cases, even way back during the PS1 days. I never understood why the US didn't get the cool CD cases the way Japan did from day 1.

I like the PS3 case, I just wish it was transparent blue like Blu Rays... I wish they got rid of the red 3 logo on the side too... That color gives me bad greatest hits vibes lol.

I definitely prefer the PS3 one. I don't own a Playstation 3 but I really don't care for the game cases of the Xbox 360.

[quote name='willardhaven']PS2 cases are the best honestly.

Sony should have just made them clear and slapped a 3 onto the playstation logo... oh well.[/QUOTE]I'd say I like PSP the best. Dunno why, I just find it very sexy.

[quote name='MarkMan']I like the PS3 case, I just wish it was transparent blue like Blu Rays... I wish they got rid of the red 3 logo on the side too... That color gives me bad greatest hits vibes lol.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I feel that PS3 on the side should go. It should have just be a PS logo IMO.

[quote name='suko_32']PS3 because it's different, you can look inside, and looks cool. The only gripe I have with the 360 case is that it seems pretty fragile for a case.[/QUOTE]Yeah, 360 cases seem to be fragile to me. Many cases I got were broken. I never had a broken PS3 case. At worst case, my Ratchet & Clank case doesn't completely close at the top, but still good.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, 360 cases seem to be fragile to me. Many cases I got were broken. I never had a broken PS3 case. At worst case, my Ratchet & Clank case doesn't completely close at the top, but still good.[/quote]

I haven't had one broken 360 case.

Everyone who says PS3 is a douche bag fanboy!

I love the PS3 cases. If they were colored, I would like them more than the 360 cases. I just like colors.

[quote name='scsg75']Xbox, the PS3 ones are too small for my DVD racks that are made for normal sized cases.[/quote]
Again regarding your avatar and your message. Who cares about last year? Did the Suns get eliminated last year? Hellz yeah! Just like they do every year. Suns 0 rings. Lakers-Damn, I lost count!

I really could care less about the cases.....but I do like the how the XBOX games stick out on the DVD shelf. Not that I'm a fan of green, but at least it separates that section from everything else.

OP here, this is my take on it. I agree with the CAG that said the PS3 case does look Next-Gen. The Wii even stepped up their game with white cases, but the 360 cases remind me of the original Xbox cases just a little brighter. And although the white labeling does stand-out from its predecessor, the size, cover art layout, is no different. So, I am going to say I prefer the PS3. I like the size and although the cases are smaller, they seem to be a little sturdier, IMO.

Now if the rumor holds true, about the new 360 console in development that is suppose to play blue-ray, I think they should totally change the look to resemble the PS3 games. It makes sense being that blue-ray is the new DVD format and Sony has followed suit with their games.

PS3, mainly because it's smaller and creates more shelf space for other games, plus the art on the inside of some games are nice too...

Ps3 cases definately look better, BUT the fucking things wont fit in my DVD storage units right.
This fact alone gives the ugly greenies the tie.

[quote name='ricoraney']Is it the common dvd style box of the 360 or the new sleek looking PS3?[/QUOTE]

You know, I never checked out the PS3 packaging yet. I'm going to give it a look next time I'm at a B&M to see what the fuss it about.

You should have added a poll, though I do sense some bias against the "common/boring" 360 DVD style.

Technically, the PS3 cases seem better to me, cos they are smaller, so I can fit more on the shelf. But since everything else has come in standard dvd cases for years, I like those better, cos they fit in better with everything else I own.

I'd love it if every disc based media ever came in music cd size cases. Once you start to own hundreds of something, the smaller it is the better.

It's not like the PS3 cases are thinner, they're just shorter. It doesn't save me more space at all. They should have kept the DVD-style cases and went with a clear, thinner case. So when they release a 2 Blu-ray disc game, it would all fit in one regular size case.

Ps3 casing looks a lot cooler and not as cheap as the 360's.

I say it goes ps3, wii, and 360. I like the green color, but I think you need a color that's not so overpowering.

PS3. The clear case allows for some nice atwork on the backside of the cover and the spindles work much better. The only problem is that if you're using a tower-type wire rack, they don't sit there too well.

As far as PS3 vs 360 goes, I like the PS3 cases. I have a few 360 cases that have shitty podiums, and I don't mind the green. It just seems like the PS3 cases are higher quality.

I really like the Japanese Gamecube cases.

p2case2.jpg

bread's done
Back