White Knight Chronicles - Level 5's Groundhog Day Present - February 2, 2010 in NA

I think the people giving it higher scores are enjoying it as an offline turn-based-fighting RPG; the game's low scores seem to come from disappointed, online gaming fans who thought it was going to be the next Gauntlet.

[quote name='dallow']I thought I and others were enjoying this game.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Turns out... you were wrong.

Glad to see that the people playing it are enjoying it.

I'm about 5 hours in, and I am enjoying the game quite a bit. Still figuring out the best way to use the battle system, combos are most effective but I am constantly out of AC to be able to use them. Is there any reason to use the 4th person that joins your party (staying away from spoilers)? Having Yulie play as healer while Leonard and the created character attack seems to be working for me very nicely.

ok epic fail, lack of research on my part, i had assumed this game was an action RPG almost exactly like demon's souls. now im being told its an everquest/ff12 like game?

ehhh....

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Are you sticking around now just to troll and shove review scores in everyone's faces, Jodou?[/QUOTE]
Seems to be his favorite passtime.

[quote name='Jodou']C- from 1UP. In before the 'well, they gave X an X so clearly biased'. Quickly running out of reviewers to defend this game lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mykevermin']You're very passionate about your disinterest, Judou.

How many more times can you tell us today that you're not interested in this one particular game?[/QUOTE]

You've posted here 10 times since like Monday or Tuesday. 8 of them were bitching about your disinterest in the game, one was about the Amazon/ECA exploit, and one was a photograph of Martin Lawrence.

G
T
F
O

already, will yeh?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Are you sticking around now just to troll and shove review scores in everyone's faces, Jodou?[/QUOTE]

Just saying he might be trying to convince himself not to buy it even though he wants to. Just saying.

Anyway I'm a few hours in and I'm liking the game so far it very linear so far but I mean why was FF12's battle system so enjoyable? I personally didn't like it. And so far the story is more compelling than eternal sonata but that's not saying too much.

Anyway anyone wanna add me on geonet I need someone to play with my friend decided not to buy it cause of the bad reviews :( My geonet account is apparently Soujiro.Castle i don't even know how to use geonet to be honest.

Anyone know what the new DLC is? Sounds like some kind of after-the-fact character customization change thingy.

I'd be down for Geonet play when the game gets to me (amazon hasn't even shipped it yet, so I'm thinking late next week or early the week after at this point).

Just add me or whatever on PSN if you haven't already (be sure to give your CAG name so I know who I'm friending).

[quote name='gunm']Anyone know what the new DLC is? Sounds like some kind of after-the-fact character customization change thingy.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's the thing we were talking about earlier. If you make a character, and decide you want to remake it later, you can buy it to change how your character looks.

I believe the Geonet friendslist is separate from the PSN friendslist.
So when you're able to get to it, post your geonet name as Soujiro posted above.

I'm going to play enough tonight to at least get started on Geonet.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Just saying he might be trying to convince himself not to buy it even though he wants to. Just saying. [/QUOTE]
He already convinced himself to not buy it with the first review yesterday, so he's just trying to start shit with people here that have bought it or still want to play it.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']About how long do you have to play to get to the Geonet? I'm not going to have it until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

You gain access to Geonet after you events at the castle

By "about how long" I mean "about how many hours"? I don't have the game yet, I want to know how long I'm going to have to play before I'll get to the online part. I don't want to be left behind. Especially since Dallow had to go out and get a copy from BB.

The reviews don't bother me, it's the snot-nosed little kids needing to comment on the review. Honestly, why do these sites want feedback from 13 year-old boys?

Ah, I see about Geonet. I won't have the game for at least week. Does that mean grouping is level-based only? That could potentially suck. :p

Yeah, it's really quick to get started with Geonet, but I spent two hours just getting to the first village.
I'm REALLY slow with RPGS, I was just exploring the initial city and talking to everyone, reading all the game menus, etc. ;)

Loving it so far although I quickly regretted the appearance of my avatar once I got to compare him with Leonard. My guy just looks out of place with his Asian slick-haired mobster look...
The whole city building thing they carried over from Dark Cloud 2 is a nice feature though.

Feel free to add me on Geonet! I'm just level 8 but I'll be playing for most of the day tomorrow ;).

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, it's really quick to get started with Geonet, but I spent two hours just getting to the first village.
I'm REALLY slow with RPGS, I was just exploring the initial city and talking to everyone, reading all the game menus, etc. ;)[/QUOTE]
Same here--I play really slowly on RPGs.

[quote name='Poor2More']People post your GEO tag, so we can add you, its different from your PSN name[/QUOTE]

I added a friend's PSN name on Geonet and it worked just fine. I don't know why they couldn't have just tied it to your friend's list though.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I added a friend's PSN name on Geonet and it worked just fine. I don't know why they couldn't have just tied it to your friend's list though.[/QUOTE]

ohh cool

I have some remote interest in this game, since I haven't really played any JRPGs in a while since the PS2 era. I'm getting a FFXII vibe from this game (which I enjoyed), so I was wondering if there were any general impressions from others who also enjoyed FFXII.

Sorry, I can't help kicking a game when it's down. ;)

[quote name='Jodou']Sorry, I can't help kicking a game when it's down. ;)[/QUOTE]

Your dislike of the game doesn't mean the game is down. I have been really enjoying the game, as have a lot of my friends. Ofcourse we aren't mindless sheep who only go on reviews. . .

What's that? The main character has red hair? GAWD I hate that, not buying the game now. . .

For those playing my geonet name is Azazael13, character name is Azazael

[quote name='Jodou']Sorry, I can't help kicking a game when it's down. ;)[/QUOTE]

what is this even supposed to mean?

you like being a dick when it's convenient?

:lol:

[quote name='kurrptsenate']what is this even supposed to mean?

you like being a dick when it's convenient?

:lol:[/QUOTE]
Lol, I'm always a prick; yesterday I was just particularly spiteful.

ive played for about 4 hours and I always feel poor in this game.

selling stuff is a joke. you might get 10% of the value, if you're lucky

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, I'm always a prick; yesterday I was just particularly spiteful.[/QUOTE]

Oh. Someone's deliberately rude on the internet. Film at 11.

You're on my ignore list now, hombre.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']ive played for about 4 hours and I always feel poor in this game.

selling stuff is a joke. you might get 10% of the value, if you're lucky[/QUOTE]

Seems like a true to life game to me same thing happens at gamestop:bouncy:

So I've heard conflicting reports about exactly how combat works at range. Apparently a mob with a melee attack can hit you at any range without being forced to close the distance? Or is it that you're going to get hit by an attack if you're in range when it begins no matter what?

This is a 100% dealbreaker for me if there's something as fetal-alcohol-syndrome-retarded as mobs not requiring range checks to initiate attacks. The fuck would you have Archers and Magic if that was the case?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lord_ebonstone']So I've heard conflicting reports about exactly how combat works at range. Apparently a mob with a melee attack can hit you at any range without being forced to close the distance? Or is it that you're going to get hit by an attack if you're in range when it begins no matter what?

This is a 100% dealbreaker for me if there's something as fetal-alcohol-syndrome-retarded as mobs not requiring range checks to initiate attacks. The fuck would you have Archers and Magic if that was the case?

What, did the middlingly attractive girl you thought you could get with because she's below average and thus doesn't make your fear of girls flare up reject you yesterday?

Acutane and some time in the gym, kiddo. It's not as scary as it sounds. Three months and you'll be rolling in more below-average consolation prizes than you can count.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they can hit you from pretty far away, i think the only way i was able to get them to stop was to go into another city. :(, its not a huge deal for me but then again I've played all but 5 min so far so i cant say how it is or will get. but it does happen.

[quote name='mykevermin']You're on my ignore list now, hombre.[/QUOTE]I win.
[quote name='lord_ebonstone']What, did the middlingly attractive girl you thought you could get with because she's below average and thus doesn't make your fear of girls flare up reject you yesterday?

Acutane and some time in the gym, kiddo. It's not as scary as it sounds. Three months and you'll be rolling in more below-average consolation prizes than you can count.[/QUOTE]A spot just opened in my fan club and I think you'd a shoe-in.

Just ordered this game today after reading this thread. Cant wait to get it.

Just hope they patch that getting attacked from really far away glitch though.

The door is over there for those that want to cause trouble and just keep trolling.

Take the hint and leave, if you're just going to cause arguments in here.

Just got it in the mail so Ill have jsut enopugh time to get to geonet and not use it before work. Ill most likely be Hammik on geonet, character name Hamroc.

I'm a little confused on what to do after unlocking Geonet, is it farm missions time, or is there more single player story to continue with at this point? I feel like I may have missed something in my 5am insomnia session. =P

bread's done
Back