Who else plays Urban Dead?

Bumping because i'm playing again. Saw a post at Goozex and luckily my main level 20 character was still in the game. Dead but not deleted. :D

Anyone else playing? Yes it starts kinda slow but once you get built up it rocked.

Wow this brings back memories. I remember I was in class when I first read this and started playing then...and then I forgot about it.

Found this post that gives more details in case any noob wants to give it a go. :D

[quote name='whitereflection']Urban Dead is a good game to play. It's an MMO where zombies have taken over the city. If you're a human player (and I suggest you start with a cop or military soldier), you'll have to search the city for weapons and supplies, fight zombies along the way, and find shelter before your character gets tired, which is indicated by AP; every action takes an AP.

You can only enter buildings up to "very strongly barricaded." You can't enter "heavily barricaded" or "very heavily barricaded" - at least not from outside.

If you're a zombie, you'll be on the prowl for survivors. They're a bit harder to play because you'll need to coordinate your attacks with other zeds if you're taking out large crowds, i.e. survivors in a mall. But it's very fun when you finally break down a building's barricades and call out to other zombies; the place will be swarming in no time.

You can use this map to transverse the city of Malton. There's another at the game's wiki site.

If you try the game, please post here with your experiences. I'll also help you should you have any questions.[/quote]
I wish I could remember my other characters name. I had another power guy who I would PK with. I'd build him up on ammo then kill people and wonder off to another safe house. lol good times! They could be revived and come back to life if they wanted but it still sucked being a zombie although they had alot of players to attack when they came back and found they were dead that is unless someone had already drug their bodies outside. :D

well im gonna end up dead. got caught up tryin to kill some zombies and wasted all my ap trying to shoot them but damn if every attack didnt miss. ended up falling asleep out in the open lol.

Yeah i still play it after 2 years whenever I am rendering video effects at work.

Its pretty good but only if its the only thing to do.

Rise from your grave! Wow didn't expect to see this one back. I tried playing recently and all the buildings were super barricaded and couldn't get indoors.

Hey, awesome. I used to play. I've got a human named Timur Leng who, last I checked (about Halloween), is totally maxed out skill-wise. I also have a maxed-out Zed (complete with BB and a flak jacket) named Subotei. Sub was in a clan called "The Church of the Resurrection", but the forum on which we organized imploded under the weight of its horrendous administration staff. I stopped playing the game due to infrequent updates, but I might pick it up again.

BRA!Z ZAMBAH G-ZAZ

haha I remember that COTR clan also there was some huge fort where everyone stayed and all the zombies organized and broke in. Maybe not the same group but i remember their name... :D

My new character is Shady DeVille started out as a military soldier or whatever so i'd get the gun and weapons training. I forgot how bad it sucked being a noob though. 12 bullets I started with and only got 3 hits... Just roaming around seeing what's changed right now. I'm in Shackleville heading north whenever I wake up....

Gonna make a couple more later prolly since one character only lasts a few minutes. I think I used to play 2 or 3 guys + my main that I still have today. I donated the $5 on him back in the day so it didn't count torwards your IP turn limit. :D

Is their a way to add someone to your contacts without physically running into them in the game? I don't remember and can't seem to find it.

This game has me craving Left for Dead now.... I hope they don't screw it up, it could be so good!

Might I suggest CAG Living/Undead groups?

Cheap Ass Survivors
Cheap Ass Corpses

For anyone who cares, I'm playing realistically, as myself (Consumerist). As for having no idea wtf to do, I'm currently trying to find a mall to stock up. I'm currently in Lambert Hills for the night, and will be heading towards Bale Mall (Intersection of Yagoton & East Boundwood districts) tomorrow.

If any CAGs want to add me to their lists, I go by the same name in game.

~HotShotX

Shady: The Church was great fun. We were part of the first Big Bash that raped Malton a while back. Like I said, though, we kinda fell apart last October when the board collapsed in on itself. At that point, it was 10-15 of us taking out libraries (Books = Bad), churches (Catholic heathens), banks (Usury!), and NecroTech buildings (Evilutionists, all of them). I would always lead the "second wave" of attacks. Rip open the barricades, pop in, bite everyone present, and yell "BRA!Z ZAMBAH G-ZAZ". Sometimes I'd weaken and drag someone out if they were already wounded.

If we're gonna do a clan, I'd put my human harman hambargar in. Subotei, however, never leaves the Church. Maybe I could check up on that forum, but last I checked, all the veterans were getting themselves banned in protest.

HotShotX is currently located in St. Matthew's Hospital (East Boundwood)
ColdShotX is currently located at Kenefie Lane PD (Chudleyton)

If anyone is within those areas and would like to team up, lemme know.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']HotShotX is currently located in St. Matthew's Hospital (East Boundwood)

~HotShotX[/quote]
Scary Bigwords and Shady DeVille finally made it there today. Added you as a contact also. I been heading that way anyway since usually alot of people are near the mall. Safety in numbers when your new although it's harder to get kills/scans because of numbers. ;)

[quote name='$hady']Scary Bigwords and Shady DeVille finally made it there today. Added you as a contact also. I been heading that way anyway since usually alot of people are near the mall. Safety in numbers when your new although it's harder to get kills/scans because of numbers. ;)[/quote]
I added both of your guys to mine as well, and you might want to consider sending one of them off, as there is a lot of "Anti-Multi-Character" ploys in the game, it's also a bannable offense if they're caught working together.

I'll be hanging out in the Hospital until I gain 2 levels, and develop Diagnosis and Free Running, then I'll head into the mall to stock up on weapons.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']I added both of your guys to mine as well, and you might want to consider sending one of them off, as there is a lot of "Anti-Multi-Character" ploys in the game, it's also a bannable offense if they're caught working together.

I'll be hanging out in the Hospital until I gain 2 levels, and develop Diagnosis and Free Running, then I'll head into the mall to stock up on weapons.

~HotShotX[/quote]

I know I just hoped there would be more zombies than their were there so I headed both in from opposite ways south. Will be splitting them up now that I see the area isn't that great.

My other character is in Hollomstown on the far south of the city and it's got alot of dead activity. Since yesterday our little barricade was broken into twice and 3 of us (including me) were dead by the time I just got back on. :cry:

[quote name='Mike23']I had a name, but I forget it. I'll start anew. What's the best class to be at first?[/quote]
Firefighter starts with what's considered to be the best melee weapon, the fireaxe, and some decent accuracy in using it, along with the benefit of not having to search for ammunition.

I personally chose Consumer to play realistically, and another char as a Zombie for the sake of playing as a zombie.

The game has a Wiki page with about anything you'd need to know.

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Main_Page

~HotShotX

Well, I created a firefighter. I got 30 XP (ish) so far, and It's relatively fun. Am I correct in assuming the best skill to get is free running?

Copied straight from the wiki:

Entering Buildings

You need to know how to do this just to survive, and also to find any useful items. If you are outside and you run out of AP (or even just get close - that's why you get the big red warning when they get to 9 AP) you are very likely to die. Zombies can't enter most buildings without spending a lot of time (AP) working at it, so you are MUCH safer inside than outside. Even in buildings where zombies can reach you, they can not see you if they are just wandering around the map, so you are still a bit safer even in a building that has no defenses than you are standing in the streets.

To enter a building, you must move onto a block that has the building and then use the "enter building" button. However, barricades may impede your progress. If the building is described as Heavily barricaded, Very Heavily barricaded, or Extremely heavily barricaded (and many, many buildings are) you will not be able to enter.

Buildings that can be entered are described as Open, Secured, Loosely barricaded, Lightly barricaded, Quite Strongly barricaded, or Very Strongly barricaded. Buildings that are Quite Strongly and Very Strongly barricaded offer good protection against zombies.
Lightly or Loosely barricaded buildings afford almost no protection (beyond getting you out of sight) and have likely come under attack recently. They may even still have zombies inside!

If you started as a military Scout, you will have the Free Running skill and can move directly from the interior of one building to the interior of a building in an adjacent block. You still must find a building you can enter, but from there you can move to buildings with the heavier barricades - which offer the best protection from zombies, and tend to also have high level survivors defending them.

If you did not start as a military Scout, buy the Free Running skill as quickly as you can!

For anyone who is playing, I'd suggest all Survivor CAGs meet at St. Matthew's Hospital (in East Boundwood, next to Bale Mall), the area is pretty moderately dangerous and fortified, making it good for protection, hunting, and scavenging (once you can Free-Run your ass into the mall).

Use this map to locate East Boundwood from your location, and give us updates on when you're arriving:

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Suburb

If we get enough CAGs there, we can establish ourselves as an official Survivor Group and protect one another as we level up.

All that aside, I'm open to suggestions as to where Undead CAGs should rally to.

Also, I'm working on clan pages for the two CAG Groups in the Urban Dead Wiki. I'll post links to them as soon as they are up, and will be in need of some serious work.

Update: Here are the frames for them:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Cheap_Ass_Survivors
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Cheap_Ass_Corpses

I am of course open to other name suggestions of the above do not suffice for everyone.

~HotShotX

Ok, I'll make my way over there eventually. I wish you posted that sooner, I'm out of AP.... 50 AP goes fast. :lol:

I'm in Shuttlebank at the moment, so it shouldn't take me too long.

Wow, I didn't know the UD world was so big. It took me 30 AP just to get to St. Matthew's Hospital from Shearbank.

And, unfortunately, I wasted the last two clips of my pistol ammo on zombies on the way. Only hit three times, and now I'm weaponless. Any advice on where and what to look for?

[quote name='aTOH']Wow, I didn't know the UD world was so big. It took me 30 AP just to get to St. Matthew's Hospital from Shearbank.

And, unfortunately, I wasted the last two clips of my pistol ammo on zombies on the way. Only hit three times, and now I'm weaponless. Any advice on where and what to look for?[/quote]
Your best bet is to search for First Aid Kits inside the Hospital, and offer heals to anyone who needs them (worth 5 XP each time). Level up, and get the Diagnosis skill (lets you see other's HP), so you can heal others without having to ask if they need a heal and wasting an AP.

Then, level again, and get the Free Running skill to be able to enter the mall. From there I'd say hunt for melee weapons.

aTOH, I added you to my contact list as well.

Check the game's Wiki for other guides on being a policeman.

~HotShotX

Okay, for you new guys...

First off, get some of the FireFox extensions off of the Wiki. Having a map of the city around at all times is pretty damn important. Also, the best starting class is the firefighter. Guns are nice, yeah, but they force you to spend a lot of time scrounging around armouries and police departments for bullets. The best weapon stuff to start with is a fire axe and a bit of training in it.

Get some EXP using that, then move on to other stuff. Free Running is absolutely, 100% critical. You're going to want to get all the firearm skills eventually, 'cause shotguns and pistols are the weapons of choice later on. Ignore knife proficiency - axes (found in fire stations and probably other places) are the best melee weapon. All of the science skills are useful - healing (you find medkits in hospitals) is just as good a way of getting EXP as killing. You can also do brain scans and revivifications (you get the necessary equipment for this in NecroTech buildings) for EXP. Check the Wiki for designated "revive points" in each suburb, and watch out for Brain Rotters - they're most likely there to eat you, not to get revived.

Construction is a hugely important skill. Body building is also a big one for both humans and zombies. Speaking of that - get a flak jacket to protect yourself from PKers. You can find them in armouries and police departments. Headshot's a good skill to get, but you guys are a ways away from that. I've never used things like tagging or radio operation.

EDIT: Paragraph breaks for the sake of your eyes.

Crotch, where in the game would your ass be hiding? Come join us or take up lead of the Undead group (It'd be a bit of a pain for me to lead both groups, if I lead any at all) :)

By the way, part of levelling up as a Consumer is by healing others. If any of you guys need a heal at St. Matthew's, let me know here (saves you an AP) :)

~HotShotX

caggast300.jpg

Could I get one of these with a Zombified CheapyD and Wombat? It'd be perfect for the Cheap Ass Corpses Wiki page.

~HotShotX

Alright, alright, I'll send my survivor Timur over to you guys. I'll make my way to HotShot's hospital - St. Matthew's in East Boundwood. Now, there has to be a purpose to our clan, otherwise I can guarantee everyone will be bored of the game in a couple of weeks.

Thing is, human-versus-zombie combat never goes well, and for one simple reason: zombies can get up again. We can't. Oh, sure, there are revive syringes, but if you revive the wrong guy, you're liable to get a shotgun in the face. As such, attempting to "reclaim" suburbs from zombies is a very bad idea. Now, things get better for us when we get enough EXP to start building barricades and getting headshots, but we're still at a huge disadvantage. We need to spend AP scrounging for ammo, while all their attacks are melee-based. We turn into them if we die, they stay zombies if they die. We get all the basic attacks - they get to drag us outside of buildings, increase their accuracy with each subsequent attack, they can heal themselves with their attacks, they can infect us with their attacks, etc. Now, it's not all bad news - we've still got barricades, and it's not like zombies outnumber humans or anything.

So for now, I suggest we find a moderately dangerous area and set up an HQ there. Somewhere safe and conspicuous - a motel or a theatre or something. We want it to be near important areas (police departments, hospitals, etc.), but not in them. This will give us a steady stream of zombies to level up on while still having a relatively safe zone of operations. Now, this HQ will only be temporary. Because of the snow, zombies will be able to follow us back to our HQ quite easily. So, we're gonna want to get free running as soon as possible so we can get two headquarters running - an undefended, lightly barricaded entry point, and a heavily barricaded main base. Once we have that going, we can worry about other shit.

Oh, and if you use flares, use them as emergency weapons. Do not fire them into the air! That will bring every single zombie in the fucking suburb down onto you.

EDIT: Okay, a short walk and I reached the hospital. I'm gonna be hanging out one building to the south of it. I'm carrying a crapload of shotguns and handguns and one emergency syringe, but no medkits, so you guys are on your own healing-wise. I might get another syringe later today though, just in case.

bread's done
Back