Who else plays Urban Dead?

If you have any questions not covered in the Wiki, just talk to me or HotShot. I've been playing off-and-on for a good, long time now, and HotShot seems to know what he's doing for a Diablo 2 player.

Adding a couple of things to the Wiki now.

EDIT: Looking on our discussion page, we've been invited to join this alliance of clans. I vote against this. Their stated goals look rather - ah - "newbish". Taking back Ridleybank (zombie stronghold) - or even just a segment of Greater Ridleybank - would require numbers greater than those of the feared Big Bash (enourmous zombie rampage my Church participated in), and far more coordination. Their plan is completely unfeasible. Shall I decline their offer?

[quote name='The Crotch']If you have any questions not covered in the Wiki, just talk to me or HotShot. I've been playing off-and-on for a good, long time now, and HotShot seems to know what he's doing for a Diablo 2 player.

Adding a couple of things to the Wiki now.

EDIT: Looking on our discussion page, we've been invited to join this alliance of clans. I vote against this. Their stated goals look rather - ah - "newbish". Taking back Ridleybank (zombie stronghold) - or even just a segment of Greater Ridleybank - would require numbers greater than those of the feared Big Bash (enourmous zombie rampage my Church participated in), and far more coordination. Their plan is completely unfeasible. Shall I decline their offer?[/quote]
I vote for decline. Our group is primarily composed of new players whom I believe would find it better to focus on ourselves for the time being. I'd rather get our team up and running and establish our own HQ and Stronghold within East Boundwood (or anywhere else the group agrees on).

~HotShotX

Right, well, I just added a few links to our page, and don't particularly feel like adding to their/our talk page(s) at the moment. Be my guest to do so if you want. If not, I'll do it tomorrow.

[quote name='The Crotch']Right, well, I just added a few links to our page, and don't particularly feel like adding to their/our talk page(s) at the moment. Be my guest to do so if you want. If not, I'll do it tomorrow.[/quote]
Nice updates, makes it look pretty slick. If any of the other CAGs want links to their CAG/UD profile in the Wiki (see Crotch's example), just give me the approval and I or Crotch will link it up.

Crotch, nice touch on the Goals :)

~HotShotX

I went ahead and linked everything up, I can't link all the character pages since some of you haven't made it to our temporay HQ.

Also, I think we might have to relocate, nothing is accessible in East Boundwood. Two of the police departments are extremely barricaded and one of them has six zombies!

I need ammo, damnit.

I think we might have to relocate, nothing is accessible in East Boundwood. Two of the police departments are extremely barricaded and one of them has six zombies!

I need ammo, damnit.

[quote name='rywateska']I just signed up, joined the CAG Survivors in the settings, and fell asleep in Heytown. Any tips on what to do next, or meet up with some CAG's? I want in![/quote]

What's your character name? I'll add you to the list.

Before coming here, there was a nice Police Station in Yagoton, but I'm sure there's something closer that's as good..I hope. I managed to get some pistols and shotguns as well as ammo for both.

Edit: Going to venture out sometime today to collect items.

well ill see you all in a week or so lol. im all the way in old arkham. might as well be china with how slow your ap recharges and how big the world is. oh well lol. but on the bright side i found a place to hide out at edbrook walk fire station and theres some zombies near enough i can go out rack up the exp and go back before my ap runs out.

[quote name='yukine']I went ahead and linked everything up, I can't link all the character pages since some of you haven't made it to our temporay HQ.

Also, I think we might have to relocate, nothing is accessible in East Boundwood. Two of the police departments are extremely barricaded and one of them has six zombies!

I need ammo, damnit.[/quote]
Once you guys get Free Running (it should be your first or second skill earned), barricades will no longer impede you. In fact, most of the buildings/malls are EHB, so I think that since this area has both a mall and a large number of hospitals, it's a good area to begin in.

I also made it back to St. Matthew's this morning, found a FAK, and am still 1 XP away from levelling up.

~HotShotX

Yeah... but I only have like 33 EXP, so I'm going to have to venture out to find some ammo. It'll take way too long trying to level up with first aid kits.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah... but I only have like 33 EXP, so I'm going to have to venture out to find some ammo. It'll take way too long trying to level up with first aid kits.[/quote]

Actually, considering the time it takes to find a weapon, ammo, and poor accuracy, giving heals is the fastest way to level. Particularly with how easy it is to find FAKs in a Hospital.

About one out of every 3 AP spent searching will be a FAK found. You get 5 XP for every FAK you use on someone else, as long as it restores HP. The only downside is you can't really tell who needs a heal unless you have Diagnosis (shows HP of everyone in building).

You can always ask, or do what I did and just tried healing everyone in the Hospital in a single sitting. I ended up using the 8 FAKs I had on hand for 40 XP.

~HotShotX

For yall located in the Church in East Boundwood about 7 blocks south there are 40+ Z's. 35 are on Whatmore Neotech Building in Yagoton and several more surrounding it.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah... but I only have like 33 EXP, so I'm going to have to venture out to find some ammo. It'll take way too long trying to level up with first aid kits.[/QUOTE]

lol, I have lots of ammo but no EXP...

I'm in as CSideGamer, joined the group.

Now to get my bearings.

EDIT: Making my way north. I'm down in Gulsonside currently.

EDIT2: I'm dead, thanks to the moron who entered the building I was hiding in, and leaving the doors wide open. Waiting for my ap to regen. I'll head north as a zombie, and hopefully revive near the base.

I started playing a couple of days ago. I just passed out in a fire station in East Boundwood, so I should be at the base shortly. "Ivan Hood" is my user name.

Sweeet. Finally got people who needed healing at the Southall Mansion. Apparently, it's a revive point. Good thing that flare was shot up there. Hope we're not doing anything today, cause I'm also out of AP.

I just started playing a new character today, ArthurDigbySellers (Military - Medic), after creating an account years ago. I'm in Roftwood right now with 28 AP so it will take me forever to get to East Boundwood.

Should anyone need healing, let me know. I have 5 FAKs. Also, maybe we should go after some zombies. :p

Okay, I think we should move out from the hospital today to a new area. I can scout ahead if you guys wish. Sound good?

[quote name='csidegamer']I'm in as CSideGamer, joined the group.

Now to get my bearings.

EDIT: Making my way north. I'm down in Gulsonside currently.

EDIT2: I'm dead, thanks to the moron who entered the building I was hiding in, and leaving the doors wide open. Waiting for my ap to regen. I'll head north as a zombie, and hopefully revive near the base.[/quote]Note that closed doors are an impediment only to lower-level zombies. If you want to be safe, you have to get behind some barricades.

[quote name='HotShotX']Actually, considering the time it takes to find a weapon, ammo, and poor accuracy, giving heals is the fastest way to level. Particularly with how easy it is to find FAKs in a Hospital.[/quote]Actually, scanning the brains of zombies is probably the easiest way, as zombies are in constant supply and you never have to search for items. The downside is that you still have to go out on the street and that a zombie can only be scanned once per day. Firefighters also have a good source of combat EXP thanks to their axe training.

[quote name='HotShotX']About one out of every 3 AP spent searching will be a FAK found. You get 5 XP for every FAK you use on someone else, as long as it restores HP. The only downside is you can't really tell who needs a heal unless you have Diagnosis (shows HP of everyone in building).[/quote]Once you've got a lot of EXP, it might be worth it to kill yourself for zombie skills. There's one that not only shows HP levels, but also who's infected.

EDIT: There are a shit-ton of zombies assaulting a NecroTech building 6 spaces south of the hospital. There's an unassuming building everyone here can enter 4 south 2 southwest of the hospital. I vote we go there.

I'm waiting from someone to revive me because zombies are way too slow. A lot of waiting in this game.

[quote name='The Crotch']EDIT: There are a shit-ton of zombies assaulting a NecroTech building 6 spaces south of the hospital. There's an unassuming building everyone here can enter 4 south 2 southwest of the hospital. I vote we go there.[/quote]

lol, I was just there the other day. Does everyone have enough equipment to actually succeed in an assault on a zombie?

~HotShotX

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Location: Clearey Drive, Galbraith Hills

I'm waiting from someone to revive me because zombies are way too slow. A lot of waiting in this game.[/quote]Are you at a revive point? Reviving zombies who aren't at designated revive points is generally considered "bad form", so sitting in a random area is a bad idea. You're five suburbs south of me, though - I could start moving down tonight (I'm at about half AP) and probably reach you tomorrow if you're desperate. If you wanna do that, just say so and start moving north.

EDIT: You can find the names of revive points on the Urban Dead wiki, and a map of the suburb you're in is here.

[quote name='The Crotch']
EDIT: There are a shit-ton of zombies assaulting a NecroTech building 6 spaces south of the hospital. There's an unassuming building everyone here can enter 4 south 2 southwest of the hospital. I vote we go there.
[/QUOTE]

We're talking about the Garnsey Building, right? I'm down for a move, but isn't it a bad location, next to a police department? I thought those were hotspots for zombie raids.

Edit:

[quote name='HotShotX']lol, I was just there the other day. Does everyone have enough equipment to actually succeed in an assault on a zombie?

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Not me =/ I have two FAKs, flak, radio, and a pistol with no ammo.

[quote name='aTOH']We're talking about the Garnsey Building, right? I'm down for a move, but isn't it a bad location, next to a police department? I thought those were hotspots for zombie raids.

Edit:

Not me =/ I have two FAKs, flak, radio, and a pistol with no ammo.[/quote]
Ditto, I only have a FAK right now, and would rather raid the Hospital and Mall until I get to about level 3-4, and have free running and diagnosis.

~HotShotX

aTOH: You are correct, PDs do usually draw zombies. There is definitely the risk that the zombies will move on it if/when the NT falls. There could very well be some who go for the adjacent building that I was looking at. I might be heading south to revive another player, so I can check out some of the other nearby buildings, like Thresh Grove. If not... well, we can't stay where we are. It's completely zombie-free.[quote name='HotShotX']lol, I was just there the other day. Does everyone have enough equipment to actually succeed in an assault on a zombie?

~HotShotX[/quote]Not sure. I'd just like to remind everyone that firearms are not recommended early on - if you want to take on zombies, get a knife (plentiful and accurate), an axe (best melee weapon), or maybe a pool cue (strong but breakable). Axes are in fire stations. Knives are all over. Also, those of you who can use NecroTech items should get their hands on DNA Extractors - easy EXP when you've got a horde in front of you.

[quote name='The Crotch']Are you at a revive point? Reviving zombies who aren't at designated revive points is generally considered "bad form", so sitting in a random area is a bad idea. You're five suburbs south of me, though - I could start moving down tonight (I'm at about half AP) and probably reach you tomorrow if you're desperate. If you wanna do that, just say so and start moving north.

EDIT: You can find the names of revive points on the Urban Dead wiki, and a map of the suburb you're in is here.[/QUOTE]

I am at a wiki designated RP, but no luck so far. If I don't get revived this evening, I'm gonna start zombie-shambling north and hope to be in East Boundwound this week. Thanks for the help.

Finally levelled up and got Diagnosis. Pretty cool skill (although everyone in St. Matthew's is at full health, except one).

~HotShotX

Not likely to be many wounded around that hospital. Like I said, no zombies for miles. Probably need some healers down around the battlefield, but you need free running to get in to the NT building. To the northeast of the hospital is a revive point. Recently revived humans always need healing (they start off wounded and infected), so that might be a good way to go.

Who overbarricaded the hospital???

Edit: Some dick (Adam Carolla; quite apt, I suppose) PK'd me, right by the hospital. Anyone who can revive would be helpful.

[quote name='Mike23']Who overbarricaded the hospital???

Edit: Some dick (Adam Carolla; quite apt, I suppose) PK'd me, right by the hospital. Anyone who can revive would be helpful.[/quote]

I smashed the barricade back to VSB.

~HotShotX

fuck. I moved south to revive another guy. There's a revive point, like, three east one north of the hospital. Giant fucking mansion - can't miss it.

EDIT: We should start thinking about this clan's role. The obvious route is a pro-survivor, anti-zombie clan. However, human Vs zombie combat can get a little weird (survivors win by boring their opponents to a new target, not by killing them), and the actual number of zombies in the game has been declining steadily lately.

I've been thinking about a PKing clan lately. Some people think of PKing as being a little jerk-ish, but it's definitely an interesting way to go. It would also be thematically appropriate - targetting people in malls, banks, and libraries would fit in with our being "Cheap Ass Gamers".

There's also the option of being an anti-PK clan. PKing clans are rarer than any other type, but it would be a neat way to go about things, certainly.

If we choose either of the last two, we'll definitely need a lot more levels before we go ahead with it.

A few of you still need to join the group. Go to Settings, and then put "Cheap Ass Survivors" under Group:

I'd like to move to a new location as well, at least within reasonable walking distance from a police station... so we can collect ammo. This hospital is awfully crowded anyway.

How about Shuttlebank?

Ah, I managed to escape with 5 HP left. I'm 1 spot north of the hospital and needing healing.

It's a free lunch, boys.

Dawbin Museum.

Just Headed my alt who is a scientist down into Shearbank from our old location. Scanned everything I could along the way.

My main CAG survivor Shady character is still in the hospital I attacked the zombies as much as possible then ran back to where I knew was safe since everything was barricaded up to much. Still about 35+ to the south of the mall/hospital. Dang I forgot how much it sucked being a noob. This military guy has half the EXP of my scientist started on the same day.

Oh and Mike i've got 1 health pack I think on my guy in the hopsital. I'll jump out and give it to you if i'm online long enough to build up enough points.

Mike - get inside the hospital as soon as you can. Zeds aren't passing by our area much, but a human sitting outside is pretty much a free lunch to them.

I am at the edge of north Heytown in a secured Hospital just south of Santlerville. What's a good number of FAK's to carry whenever you're at a low level?

Also, my name is "ryan w" and I have added my name under the CAG group. Does it show?

So I've logged on to find someone shot me and i'm a zombie.. My name is PotbellyPunch and I'm joining the group to give this a shot. How do I revive?

Edit: I'm in South Blythville and moving north. I saw East Boundwood Mentioned so I thought I'd start moving in that direction, since it will take a while.

[quote name='jer7583']So I've logged on to find someone shot me and i'm a zombie.. My name is PotbellyPunch and I'm joining the group to give this a shot. How do I revive?[/QUOTE]

I'll shoot you to The Crotch's post at the top of the other page.

[quote name='The Crotch']Are you at a revive point? Reviving zombies who aren't at designated revive points is generally considered "bad form", so sitting in a random area is a bad idea. You're five suburbs south of me, though - I could start moving down tonight (I'm at about half AP) and probably reach you tomorrow if you're desperate. If you wanna do that, just say so and start moving north.

EDIT: You can find the names of revive points on the Urban Dead wiki, and a map of the suburb you're in is here.[/QUOTE]

The wiki URL is at http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/List_of_Revivification_Points.

Not sure how up-to-date it is, but if you're in East Boundwood where we are, there's a definte revive point at the Southall Mansion, four blocks east of our current hideout (St Matthew's Hospital).

EDIT: There's two listed RPs in your suburb, so you might want to see if you can revive first. Walking as a zombie sucks =/

I got in as soon as I got 2 APs. Amazing how a PK'er can fuck things up (and not get the kill - FAKs really fucked him up).

I'm inside until I can bank some AP.

Ok, I'm in Raines Hills, standing outside St. Henry's Hospital which is ruined. I only have 9 AP left and I'm trying to figure out where to hole up. All of the safe spots are either too barricaded for me to enter or are ruined. Any ideas?

EDIT: Found a VSB building right next door, The Hoddinott Motel so I holed up there. I got attacked by a zombie on the way so I could use some healing if someone wants free XP. I'm at 36 HP.

bread's done
Back