Who is Inked

[quote name='Squirms']I just got a new tattoo after about ten years of wanting this. So fellow CAG's show off your permanent body art. I'll go first. I plan on getting the Classic Spidey touched up in the near future.
[/quote]
I'm quoting the Original Post in case he decides it was a bad idea to put it up. I don't want this masterpiece to ever be forgotten.

[quote name='rabbitt']I'm quoting the Original Post in case he decides it was a bad idea to put it up. I don't want this masterpiece to ever be forgotten.[/quote]

Then take the image and post it on another host :)

The Okami tat is the only good looking one posted in this thread so far...

[quote name='dayglo']I really hope those pictures were taken using a mirror, because it's written backwards.[/quote]

Yea, it was done in a mirror. And I know foreign letters are a tad cliche, but in my defense:

1. When I had it done years ago, Japanese lettering had not yet become a real trend. I just thought it looked cool, and then everyone and their mama started getting them. *sigh*

and

2. They mean something significant to me.

Kudos to the Okami tat, that is nice.

Finally! A thread I can contribute to!

I got my leg done a few years ago, and this photo was taken while it was just a few hours old. I like it for looking more technical, like circuitry, without being the usual tribal abstract curviness. It's based on the tattoo I kept on my favorite character in Anarchy Online.

My wife has wings on her back, based on Rinoa's in FF8, but I better not post pics of her without asking her first.

[quote name='CitizenB']Could you please explain to me why I can see every single hair follicle on your arm.[/QUOTE]

I think that's a leg.

[quote name='dastly75']ahem[/quote]

Why does whatever that appendage may be look so damn shiny even where the tat isn't?

:hot: [quote name='Squirms']Well this didn't quite turn out as expected, but it is pretty funny. In defense, the tattoo was finished about 3 minutes before the pic was taken. The black Spider-Man looks much better now. The classic Spidey is ten years old and will be touched up and reshaded.
Now commence with the flaming.[/QUOTE]

COMMENCE?!?!?

Dude, you're @sshole deep in flames already!!!!!

:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot::hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot::hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot::hot: :hot:

[quote name='2poor']He never said it was his. He even linked it from kotaku.[/quote]

aye it is not mine, hell im not even white for one thing but you all took pooky's post seriously, I probably should have specified in my post

[quote name='CitizenB']Best. Post. in. this. thread.[/quote]I probably would have skipped over that post without giving it a second thought, but your quote made me go back and reread it.

And now I pretty much agree.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']OP, why did you tell the artist you wanted birthday cake Spiderman?[/quote]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[quote name='Sleepkyng']i think like maybe a cool tribal band...... ........ ........

yah.....................................
3_big.gif
[/quote]
Here's mine :D

[quote name='Squirms']I just got a new tattoo after about ten years of wanting this. So fellow CAG's show off your permanent body art. I'll go first. I plan on getting the Classic Spidey touched up in the near future.
[/quote]Sorry, but that is an uglyass tattoo, the artist did a shitty job.

And I would never get Spiderman tattoed on myself, or any other animated character. But tattoo's are supposed to represent yourself, so if that means your life is Spiderman, then fine.

I'm around a lot of ink since most of my friends and acquaintances have tats.. and I am serious when I say that your tattoo is a joke. Wow. I can't even believe I'm looking at it right now.

[quote name='Cracka']no way... this + OP = golden.

omg anybody else with a tatoo please post it, i've never laughed this hard before[/quote] Haha, seriously..

I know I've turned into a geek over the past year and I've had a few friends point that out to me, but posting at this website and looking at threads like these makes me feel like a loser. But at least I didn't get an ugly tattoo and then post it here.. :lol:

Sorry, but I've seen at least 3-4 tattoo's in this thread that need to be surgically removed.

anyone notice the red haze around the black suit spidey and the words "choice"?

must have just had the reg spiderman and got the black one later... my question is why did you allow the same artist to go along with doin the rest of it after the first one?

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Why does whatever that appendage may be look so damn shiny even where the tat isn't?[/quote]

it's either Neosporin or "Tattoo Goo" which they put on a fresh tat to keep it from scarring too quickly. if it scars too quickly, the ink fades faster. it also helps prevent infection and promotes healing. After that they usually wrap it with Seran wrap (i dunno why, but in college bio lab we also always used Seran brand for DNA electropheresis)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Well you could always have an artist design a font for you. Just tell them what kind of influence you want (arabic, old english, NES ;) ) or bring in some similar examples if possible and they should be able to come up with a few variations for you to choose from.

Though now that you have #2 on the way a high score list in the NES font would be pretty awesome. ;) :lol:[/quote]

True. I'm just afraid I'd get tired of whatever I decided to get and regret it down the road. Maybe I'll get one of those invisible tattoos that only show up under a blacklight - that way I'll know it's there but my daughter won't have an excuse to get a tattoo when she's 16.

[quote name='javeryh']True. I'm just afraid I'd get tired of whatever I decided to get and regret it down the road. Maybe I'll get one of those invisible tattoos that only show up under a blacklight - that way I'll know it's there but my daughter won't have an excuse to get a tattoo when she's 16.[/QUOTE]
Whoa, there's blacklight tatoos now?!?! That's awesome.

[quote name='javeryh']True. I'm just afraid I'd get tired of whatever I decided to get and regret it down the road. Maybe I'll get one of those invisible tattoos that only show up under a blacklight - that way I'll know it's there but my daughter won't have an excuse to get a tattoo when she's 16.[/QUOTE]

Holy damn.

Is this for real? Cuz that would service my needs completely.

Which is - nerd at heart - a Triforce on the back of my left hand.

[quote name='Strell']Holy damn.

Is this for real? Cuz that would service my needs completely.

Which is - nerd at heart - a Triforce on the back of my left hand.[/quote]

I think that's the most overused gaming tattoo of all time.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']

It's a devil in normal light and an angel in the blacklight, or the other way around, I can't decide yet. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hah, tattoos!

Even YOU can not escape gmooj'ment!

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Triforces on the hand are kinda like those gems in your hand on Logan's Run. Anyone who has them should be removed from society.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm worried Arby's special sauce might erode the tattoo after several years of sitting in their greasy booths anyway.

[quote name='Strell']Yeah. I'm worried Arby's special sauce might erode the tattoo after several years of sitting in their greasy booths anyway.[/quote]I'm still thinking of rigging up some kind of device that hovers over my head, to show people that "I'm Thinking Arby's" all the time.

bread's done
Back